Chapter 8

Me? Falling in love with Mr. Arrogant? No way!

Chapter 8

 

Jenny’s P.O.V

The hours are passing, only one more day until Daehyun will leave me alone, all day long I’ve locked myself in the office, putting all the papers in their places, once more Daehyun tired to make me stay at home and suffer his interminable blabbering. On the 27th I got Daehyun a bike because I know that his parents are not going to buy him a new car. Suddenly someone is knocking on my door waking my up from my daydreaming, rising my head I could feel how my heart skipped a beat and my blood runs cold in my veins. There she is, the woman that raised me and made me who am I now, there are no words to describe how I felt about her.

“Katherine.” I said approaching her.

She extender her hand and so did I slowly shaking out hands and then she walked on the office and sat on the huge couch.

“How the Hong Kong transfer went?” She asked going straight for the subject.

“Everything went fine, but I’m more concerned about the holdings in Canada.” I respond giving her some files about the Hong Kong.

“It’s all good, I’m coming from Toronto and its all stabile for the moment but you will go there in a few weeks.” She said still reading the papers.

I just nod and get back to my work, for the nth time my phone went off and as always it was Daehyun, poor thing in the last few days he tried to get in my pants and his mood changes really are rising a question mark, maybe he has double personality or is pregnant. One moment is sweet, another one is ‘rough’ and so on and it gives me headaches.

“How much are you going to check up this time?” I asked knowing that she didn’t come just because she missed me or my parents.

“Can’t I visit my family?” She asked trying to fool me.

“Drop the act Katherine, the loving grandmother role doesn’t suit you.” I said finally taking my seat in the leather chair behind the desk.

“You will find in a couple of days.” It’s all she said before she got up and left me.

I didn’t bother to say anything because I knew that I’m not going to get anything from her.

31st December

It’s already half past five in the afternoon and the whole house it’s upside-down, mom and five maids are running around the house like headless chickens and  the rest are making sure that the New Year eve isn’t coming without everything being more than perfect. Katherine didn’t help at all she just made my parents more nervous. As for the couple of days she gave me hints but nothing concrete, those are the games that she is enjoying. Suddenly I hear a knock at the door and run to open it hoping that an angel would come and save me but my hope quickly vanished.

“Good evening Jennifer.” Mr. Jung said with a grin on his face.

“Good evening Mr. Mrs. Jung, Daehyun.” I said putting on a fake smile

<< I take back my words, it was better until you came. >>

Entering the house I could see that Daehyun looked for some reason depressed and I guess that he finally got the message with the bicycle. Serves him right.

“Oh my dear you look fabulous.” Mom said hugging Mrs. Jung.

Now that I take a better look at them they are all wearing really nice clothes, Mrs. Jung it’s in a long dark blue dress while Mr. Jung and Daehyun are both wearing a tuxedo, both my parents are all dressed up for the ‘party’ while I’m in a pair of black sweatpants and a loose t-shirt, looking like a homeless person.

My mom gave me a look that approved of my guessing so I excused myself and go to put on my dress and apply some makeup which took me about 30 minutes with a bath, in your face Pierre.

*. *. *

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you Mrs. Evans.” Daehyun said trying to be polite.

“The pleasure it’s on my side, trust me when my son told me about you being so close to Jennifer I got intrigued.” She said taking another sip from her glass of wine.

I was the only one that barely said something. The discussions are mostly my parents kissing Katherine in the while the Jung family is trying to make the bonds between your companies stronger and I’m gulping down my second glass of wine and hope this will end soon. Suddenly my phone starts vibrating and I excused myself.

“What is it Eden?” I ask entering my bedroom.

“Happy New year for you too.” He said in a cheerful, maybe too cheerful tone.

“Not that happy though.” I reply approaching the balcony.

“Yeah but Daehyun lost his best so cheer up.” He said.

“I guess, a couple of days ago I got him a bicycle but only today he figured it out.” I said but a sudden noise stopped whatever I wanted to say.

“I’m going to call you later, bye.” It’s all I could butter before I hung up and turn around to find a shocked Daehyun.

“Did you?” He managed to say.

“From the beginning, you are pathetic to think that you out of everyone in this world will get in my pants.” I said finding some unexpected courage maybe from all the alcohol in my body.

“Yeah, because you are scared, you put on this mask of a ‘strong girl’ when you are a weak ed up .” He shouted at me.

“Me? Weak?” I said feeling my blood boiling in my veins.

A loud pang could be heard and it took me a few seconds until I realized that I slapped him, he is looking at me in pure horror.

Suddenly the door opens reviling my very angry looking grandmother, I know that she will make a scene but at least I’m happy, happy that he gets the message in the right way.

“Can you leave me and Jennifer alone?” She asked approaching us.

Daehyun just nodded and got out of the room as fast as he could, this is my grandmother, intimidating, a sharp mind and the person that raised me from day one, yes, my parents were trying to keep the company alive but she being the strong woman that she is she took care of me and the company in the same time.

“How can you do that?” She asked in a angry tone.

“He was inappropriate with me, grandmother you were the one that told me to have pride for the fact that I’m a lady and not let any man do something like that to me.” I respond looking in her eyes.

“You can’t hit your future husband.” She said in a low yet firm tone that sends shivers on my spine.

Did she say the words that I was the most afraid of? Getting married, at a point I knew it would come but not so soon.

<< Getting married, I’m getting married, I will get married to the person that I can’t stand more that 30 minutes without any criminal thoughts. I already know that this marriage will only bring me sadness and lots of sleepless nights. >>

I got up and get in the bathroom to freshen up but I feel like my mind is blocked only on those six words. After I put on a little bit of lipstick I get down and sat beside Daehyun expressionless.

“Honey are you alright?” Mom asked looking at me sensing that something is not right.

“I will accept but with only one condition.” I respond making everyone look at me.

“We are listening Rosalinda.” Katherine my grandmother said.

“This marriage is only for businesses so don’t expect too much, as soon as one of us caught the other being in an act of adultery the divorce papers will be signed in the next 10 days. Also that means that the person will no longer provide any business acceptance from the other’s company. I don’t care what you do, if you bring any in my house you can say good bye to everything.” I said in a business tone.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung look at their son probably knowing that he is not a saint but I couldn’t care less, it’s not something that I care too much as long as my company will grow.

“I accept your terms but with see at some points, we are going to discuss some of them in private.” Daehyun said taking a sip from his wine.

 

Hey guys. I'm sorry for not postin in so long and I'm extremly sorry if this chapter it's even worst than the normal one but one of my family members it's in the hospital and the diagnosis its not too good. So this chapter a the next ones most probably will be to just take my mind away from everything. Also I've been more into Jay Park lately and have some ideas but it's going to take some time. Please bear with me. Bye.