Chapter 7

Me? Falling in love with Mr. Arrogant? No way!

Chapter 7

 

Jenny’s P.O.V

“I’m not running away. Why the you keep following me? Shouldn’t you be with your girlfriend or something?” I ask trying to change the subject.

Daehyun opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out so he turned around and look out the window with his arms crossed over his chest like a toddler. Once more I ignored his presence and look out the window. Parents with their children’s, couples, everyone seems so happy for some reason.

<< I’m not going to understand those persons even in a million years. It’s just another opportunity to waste money.  >>

The door stopped at a light and suddenly Daehyun turned around with his eyes widened and mouth wide open.

“Let’s go buy hot chocolate and tree like cupcakes. “ He said grabbing my hand like a 4 year old that just saw the most amazing toy.

“You can go by yourself.” I said taking my phone from the coat pocket and start reading some e-mails.

“But I want you to come with me. Can you get us to the Kiss & Smile café?” He asked the driver that only nodded his head.

I rolled my eyes knowing that there is no chance of escaping, that only if I push him out of the car and then stick to my plan, going in the office and lock myself there for the next 24 or 48 hours until everyone is too stuffed and lazy. The cold air hits my face and waking up from my daydream I realized that we are in front of a cozy looking café; the type that couples would come and be all lovey-dovey.

<< Why this joke came with me? I have a nice plan for today but he is not leaving me alone. That stupid bet, after everything is going to end I’m going to have my well deserved vacation, Daehyun free. >>

Entering the café I felt like throwing up, couples kissing, couples cuddling, couples everywhere.

“So what do you want to drink?” He asked looking at the menu.

“Black, no sugar.” I quickly respond once again grabbing my phone and reading my e-mails and some news.

“You are no fun, two lattes, one piece of strawberry shortcake, one piece of the special chocolate cake, two vanilla muffins.” He orders looking at the menu ready to eat it if it’s needed.

The casher gave him a round looking device and we sat at an empty table or more he dragged me while I replied those e-mails that were deeded. Minutes have passed and none of us said eve a word, not that I mind, actually it makes me happy, this is why I prefer to work, I can do something productive and in the same have some time for myself.

“Put your phone down, it’s extremely rude.” He said and suddenly the round thing starts ringing and vibrating on the table and his face lightened like a Christmas tree.

He quickly got up and went to grab out orders, more like his but that is another part of the story. Coming back with a tray full of food and the drink he puts it between us and then takes his place in front of me. Putting the chocolate cake in front of me and one latte and taking the strawberry shortcake. The food looks amazing but the strange thing it’s that on the cake are hearts.

<< The last time I checked it wasn’t Valentine’s Day. >>

“Are you going to keep starring at the cake or eat it.” Daehyun one again waked me back to reality.

I take the fork and cut a small piece of cake before I put it in my mouth, chewing slowly I could realize why this was called ‘special’, the one of the chocolate layers has hot pepper chocolate making everything more special. It would be a lie to say that it’s not ingenious or delicious but my pride would not admit that it was a good idea to come here instead of going at the company.

After we finished the food, more like I silently ate ignoring all the moans and groans he made why taking another bite of his cake of muffin.

“Did you ever tried dukbokki?” He asked rubbing his stomach.

“Excuse me?” I ask nothing clicking at that name.

He grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers and dragged me towards a food court.

“Two of dukbokki, please.” The lady said.

“You two are such a cute couple; I’m going to give you some more.” The lady said.

My eyes widened and my heart start beating faster, couple? We are not a couple, I could barely suffer seeing his face and I’m stuck with him for the rest of the day and the worst part, God knows where in the world am I and how I get home.

After paying and both of us bowing we leaved and I take the fist glance at the strange look food in my hand, some red most probably mashed tomatoes covering some round and long shaped things.

“You are sure that it’s safe to eat this?” I ask poking it with the toothpick looking thing.

He just nodded his head and then got back on vacuuming the food. Slowly rising one of those things and look it for a little bit while saying a quick I put it in my mouth. Slowly chewing it millions of things are going in my head but two main things keep popping even after I swallowed it.

1st How can this thing be so spicy.

2nd Edible.

3rd I hope that the hospital is near if we are going to continue on eating spicy things.

I continue to eat, it’s not something that I’m used to but it’s acceptable.

“Do you like it?” he asked surprised that I continued to eat it.

I just nod my head and start walking towards a park that I spotted on one of those Sunday mornings when I just had to go to work and the traffic was as always crazy.

Getting there I saw some kids playing in the snow, screaming, laughing, running and making snow angels. We watched them in silence but as always he is a nice presence, when he is not talking, and I mean it. Not turning my head I take a better look at him, the first close up look, cat-like eyes, plushy lips, straight nose. Not bad looking at all but the fact that he is a player I’m only a girl that needs to be added on his list so his looks don’t get any points on the god side. Suddenly the kids gather around us and start singing ‘We wish you a Merry Christmas’. They might be small but are so cute. After finishing we start clapping and they bowed their heads before running again back to their playground.

“They were cute.” I said still smiling.

“Yes, I hope that when I’m going to have my own kids we are going to always sing it while decorating the house and sweets.” He said looking at the sky.

“You are only thinking about food, aren’t you?” I ask amused at his reply.

“This is all you got from what I said?” He said trying to give an angry expression but failing miserably.

I just nodded before I take out my phone and take a picture of the whole park.

<< Maybe you are not that much of a bastard, maybe the king of idiots. Still doesn’t mean that it makes the situation sweeter, just bitter. >>

Slowly riding from the bench we made our way back to the mansion making small conversations and stopping at every food court that he said it was ‘the most delicious thing on the planet.

One thing I learned today about Jung Daehyun? He is capable of vacuuming his food like there is no tomorrow and even if he ate a gigantic portion of food he still manages to be hungry 5 minutes later.

 

Hehehe, sorry for being late with the chapter, I know that it's not that much but please don't kill me. The chapter once again it's not corrected. ~.~"