five

You Deserve Better

I miss my tail.” Jaejoong pouted, sitting on the couch with his legs casually crossed in front of him. “And my ears…and my claws…and my cute little nose.” JaeJoong continued complaining, looking at himself in the reflection of the black tv across the room. It’s not like his human form was unattractive. In fact, quite the opposite. He was slender with dark hair, large eyes and the perfect face. Leaning forward, JaeJoong placed his slender elbows on his knees before then standing up and walking closer to the reflection in the tv.

Sit down and stop complaining JaeJoong.” Junsu shot towards the older shifter. JaeJoong pouted some and then turned towards the younger male and flicked his fingers towards him. “This is your fault. If you just let the humans fix their own problems you wouldn’t have to listen to me complain.” JaeJoong said, slinking across the room and climbing ontop of Junsu who was sitting awkwardly in the large stuffed chair. Junsu squirmed away from him, however JaeJoong didn’t stop crawling up on the seat and then straddling the other male.

I-I couldn’t let him hurt my human…” Junsu tried to counter, however JaeJoong was tired of hearing this same excuse and was extremely bored while the humans went for a walk to get some fresh air. “It’s your fault they left…now I’m bored.” JaeJoong said, moving to then Junsu’s cheek. “Yah! We’re not cats anymore…” Junsu countered, pushing JaeJoong away only for the male to grab his wrists and pull his hands away so he could his neck and then nip at his soft skin.

I know…but I’m booored.” JaeJoong said before standing up and dragging Junsu out of the seat. “Lets find something to do, ne?” Jaejoong offered before letting go of the younger shifter and started walking around. “Like what?” Junsu asked, curiously following him. “Anything…what have you wanted to do but couldn’t because you weren’t human?” Jaejoong could think of a lot of things off the top of his head, however he figured he’d give Junsu the option to choose first.

Cook.” Junsu said with a laugh. Eyebrows up, JaeJoong made an o with his lips before they pulled into a catlike smile. “Cook?” JaeJoong then went to the kitchen, his hips swaying as he led the way. God he really missed having a tail. Turning to look at the male following him, JaeJoong smirked a little and reached a leg back to poke the other male with his foot and then half ran the rest of the way to the kitchen.

Once both were in the kitchen, JaeJoong reached up into the cabinets where the dry foods were kept and stared for a few minutes before heading to the fridge. “Human food?” Junsu asked, causing JaeJoong to smile. “Of course. Cat food won’t taste as good anymore now that we have different taste buds.” JaeJoong cooed towards the clueless male. It really was funny how sometimes a new life held old memories and sometimes they were left totally clueless.

Finally finding some tuna, something Junsu would be able to transition to easily, JaeJoong grabbed some mayonnaise and relish and started to mix a couple cans up in a bowl and prepare for Junsu. Meanwhile the other male was watching, sitting on the counter across the way like an obedient pet. “Aish….you act like you don’t have thumbs to do any work yourself.” Jaejoong teased before handing the fork over to Junsu. “You wanted to cook, right? This isn’t really cooking but here…mix this up.” Jaejoong felt like he was teaching a kitten. It was cute though. Even though JaeJoong wasn’t a huge fan of taking care of others, he felt like he’d have to if these humans weren’t going to accept the fact that their pets weren’t just normal house cats after all.

By the time Junsu finished mixing all the stuff together for the tuna sandwiches, JaeJoong showed him how to scoop it up onto bread. Of course the newbie had questions to ask about everything; however JaeJoong simply brushed them off and just told him to wait until he’d finished eating before asking. They were too busy 'cooking' to talk about other things, right? Besides, the tuna was making his mouth water and JaeJoong wanted to just gobble it all up. 

The two had just sat down to eat when suddenly the front door opened. Jaejoong’s ears twitched slightly at the sound of the opening door before he actually turned around. Forgetting about their meals, the two shifters’ attention was completely on the two humans who entered. JaeJoong stayed where he was, however Junsu stood and moved closer to the two, asking what they decided.

For now…we won’t kick you out. You…you are our pets after all…” Yunho said, looking the two shifters over. Smirking a little, JaeJoong stood up and went to the counter where they left the container still half full with tuna fish. “We made lunch…” JaeJoong said, prepared to start making sandwiches for Yunho and Yoochun since they’d decided to let them stay.