Here Comes Her Bad Luck

The Maid Of Honor

 

A/N:

 

Just edited and proofread it once.

 

I hope I can update a chapter again later.

 

Enjoy!

 

(Sorry for the typos!)

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 
 

 

Chapter 2

Here Comes Her Bad Luck

 

 

 

Dara's been tired in trying hard to suppress her tears.

 

 

At that moment, there were many reasons that'd trigger her tears and to why she want to cry her heart out.

 

 

First, she was looking like a fool, sitting alone on the dock of Jeju's pier for an hour already.  She went to Busan first to visit her old friends before she went straight to Jeju to start her mission.

 

 

Second, there had been around five to ten porters that asked if she wants to hail a cab and that they'll take care of it.  The problem was, she doesn't know where to go since she has no idea where the God-damned fiancée of Seungri lives.

 

 

 

Third, even the standby tourist guides have been pestering her since forever, fuelling up her anxiety and frustration.

 

 

And last but not the least, she have been texting Seungri since she stepped foot on Jeju's island but she never received any replies or calls from the lad.

 

 

Before, when Seungri sees her sad face, he's totally on panic mode that would look like North Koreans attacked their Motherland. But now, she feels that she's not important to him anymore.

 

 

So who won't feel like crying out of frustration and anger?

 

 

 

Maybe Bom was right when she told her that they're not the same Seungri and Dara anymore.

 

 

They've got their own lives and priorities.

 

 

And she's not Seungri's priority anymore.

 

 

 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

 

Seungri and Dara were friends since Middle School.  She was very afraid on the first day of classes because she's much younger than the rest of the class.  She's just five years old when she entered first grade.  She was 'gifted', they say.

 

 

When she first met Seungri, she felt safe.  Her fears are long gone when he promised to take care of her, that no one could hurt her and he'd protect her.  From then on, Seungri became a very special person she held dear in her heart.

 

 

Seungri taught her how to trust the people around her.  He also became her saviour whenever she's bullied.

 

 

For Seungri, he found a little sister that he never had on Dara's identity.  He even wanted to be called "oppa" by her but she always refused to because she never had seen him that way.  He's always been and always will be her knight in shining armour in times of need.

 

 

She just graduated from Middle School when her parents died from an accident.  It had been Seungri who'd been there supporting her throughout her grief and loss.

 

 

Her good aunt moved in with her in Busan and became her guardian.

 

 

Seungri and Dara became more close to each other.  He always visited her to assure himself that she's in good condition.  Even her aunt got close to him.  There were times that her aunt won't allow her to go out unless Seungri would go with her too.  Her aunt approved of Seungri and had been very vocal in saying that they both looked good together, because she sees that Seungri and Dara are comfortable around each other. Add the fact that her aunt trusts Seungri when it comes to her too.

 

 

Dara and her aunt moved to Seoul after she graduated from high School.  Though far away from each other, they maintained their good friendship.  Her aunt also allows her to spend her semestral break and summer vacation at Seungri's house in Busan, to which the suggestion came from Seungri's parents.

 

 

Dara also never missed to send e-mails monthly and text messages weekly.

 

 

That's why she never gave up on the idea of having Seungri as her future husband.

 

 

For Dara, nothing compares a three-year-relationship he have with his fiancée to their friendship of nineteen years.

 

 

 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

 

She had been holding her phone for a long time now hoping that Seungri would call her when it rang and startled her.  When the name of the long-awaited caller appeared on the screen, she finally let go of the tears.

 

 

"Seungri!"

 

 

"Hey, are you crying?" She sensed the panic on his voice.

 

 

"It’s because you're ing annoying!!" She wiped her tears and sniffed.  "Do you know that I looked like a wimp out here?!"

 

 

"I'm so sorry.  I just noticed your missed calls and texts just now." 

 

 

"Where's my ride? I thought he's already on the way?" 

 

 

"Relax. Jiyong-hyung just got some problems along the way.  He informed me he's near the pier. He's driving a white Range Rover." He said then stated the car's plate number. 

 

 

"You should have just fetched me here other than sending someone." She sniffed.

 

 

"I already told you I cant come, right? I promise, I'll make it up to you. I'll take you to all of the tourist spots here."

 

 

"You really should! You're making me cry because of what you're doing!" 

 

 

He just chuckled.  Maybe he was thinking that she meant about her current situation.  She was talking about the sleepless nights when all she did was cry and mourn since she learned that he was getting married. 

 

 

"I promise. Really. When did I ever break a promise to you?" 

 

 

She was thinking of a retort when she noticed a white Range Rover coming.  She read the plate number, same as what Seungri had told her. She immediately stood up. "I think my ride is here."

 

 

"Good. Chaerin and I are also heading home.  I'll just see you there. Take care."

 

 

She didn’t respond and turned off her phone.

 

 

"You'll soon taste the wrath and hell, the Dara Park way!" she mentally threatened to the anonymous driver of the white Range Rover.

 

 

 

--------Comments-are-very-much-appreciated!--------