Oh. He's The Driver? Not.

The Maid Of Honor

 

A/N:

 

Here's an update for you, guys!

 

Sorry, had been busy these past month.

 

And beware............

 

BORING  Chapter ahead.

 

(Sorry for the typos!)

 

_____________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

Oh. He's The Driver? Not.

 

 

 

'You jerk!!' she mentally shrieked.

 

 

“Do you know how many hours I’ve been waiting like a fool for you here?!” Dara immediately shouted as the door to the driver’s seat opened.

 

 

The driver just poked his head out of the window and going out of the car, when she intended to raise her voice to show how irritated she was at him for being late.

 

 

But she wanted to take back what she said when she fully saw the man named “Jiyong”.

 

 

The guy was a bit tall for her. The cold eyes and dark aura of the guy made her gulp. Fifty percent of the irritation she felt was gone with the wind when she saw his furrowed eyebrows. Dara gulped unconsciously. Her chest was pounding nervously and that she had hard time breathing. If it’s about fear, she was not that sure.

 

 

The thin white shirt he was wearing slightly tainted with grease, as well as his faded denim jeans. Even his fingernails also got some grease stuck on it.

 

 

‘So gross!’

 

 

“I guess you didn’t get stuck here for half a day, waiting for me, right?” he nonchalantly said.

 

 

He carried her baggage and left her, opened the passenger’s door, standing…and gawking at him.

 

 

“Yah!”

 

 

‘This jerk has no manners at all!’

 

 

He stopped and faced her. “Are you going to get in or you wanted to sleep here?”

 

 

‘The nerve of this driver!’

 

 

“You wait till Seungri hears this! I’m sure he won’t let you get away! Let’s see if you’d keep your noble job after this!”

 

 

Dara tilted her chin up and walked pass the door he opened for her. She opened the backseat instead and got inside. She didn’t even bother to close it. Dara wanted the arrogant driver to learn some manners. He banged the two doors shut and turned to the driver’s seat. She looked at the rear-view mirror and saw the fuming anger he’s controlling. She snickered mentally.

 

 

Dara secretly fully-studied the guy’s feature while on the move--tanned skin, blonde dyed hair, dark brown orbs, and thin lips. When frowning, his perfectly shaped eyebrows make him unapproachable at all.

 

 

But she admits it; he’s too good-looking to be just Seungri’s fiancée’s family driver. Even in a simple white shirt and faded jeans, the guy was oozing with appeal.  She’s not dumb to not see it. Maybe it’s one of the reasons as to why she stopped rendering her make-up speech and became nervous a while ago.

 

 

“So you’re Seungri’s high school friend.” She was startled when he talked. Their eyes met at the rear-view mirror. Had he caught her checking him out?

 

 

“Best friend,” she corrected him.

 

 

“High school best friend, then.”

 

 

“Just… Best friend.” She clenched her teeth. “Who do you think you are? And what do you know about Seungri and me? You’re just a driver of his fiancée, in case you forgot.”  Of all the things she hates is that pressing the matter to her that the closeness she have with Seungri was just beyond teenage years.

 

 

“Chaerin.”

 

 

“What?” She asked, puzzled.

 

 

“Seungri’s fiancée you’re talking about has a name, and it’s Chaerin.” He calmly stated. She scoffed mentally. Had this blonde-freak been thinking that she’s dumb?

 

 

“I know. Do you think I’m that stupid not to know that?”

 

 

“Then why can’t you say her name when you know it?” He challenged.

 

 

“Why do you care?” She spat. She crossed her arms and turned her gaze at the window. She forced herself to be enthralled by the surroundings.

 

 

Though Jeju is a famous tourist spot, it’s far from being crowded. It’s calm and serene vibe gives off of a heavenly touch on earth.

 

 

After a few minutes, the car slowed to a stop. Jiyong honked continuously in front of a tall and polished wooden gate. When it finally opened, she was shocked and astonished.

 

 

Seungri haven’t told her that the girl he’s going to marry is a rich bloke!

 

 

It was literally a white house, a mansion, to be precise. The two-story building is on the left, a vast garden of flowering plants on the right, and a marble fountain in the middle. The lot was definitely a big one.

 

 

“We’re here,” Jiyong cut through her thoughts. She went down the van after he did.

 

 

From the side door of the mansion, Seungri emerged along with his blonde fiancée. His left arm draped on her shoulders, both smiling in her way.

 

 

“Ssantoki!” he called.

 

 

Seungri immediately wrapped Dara in a welcoming embrace. She flashed him a fake smile as she hugged him back.

 

 

“I missed you!” he said, pinching her cheeks simultaneously. “How have you been?”

 

 

“Ouch!” she slapped both of his hands away from her face.  “You, rascal. Till now, you still haven’t changed, even a bit.” She was hoping he would wrap his arms around her shoulders just like before when they seldom saw each other, but instead, he just laughed.

 

 

“I just missed you. Didn’t you miss me? It’s almost, what? Two years since we’ve last hung out together, right?”

 

 

“Yes, two long years and here you go telling me you’re getting married. I had filed a leave on the hospital untimely because of you.”

 

 

Seungri went back to his fiancée and put his arms around her waist, and so did the girl too. They locked each others gaze and smiled to each other for a while.

 

 

Dara, seeing the two— getting affectionate and all, felt a knife cutting through her chest. She even want to commit suicide, then and there, than let the truth unfold before her eyes.

 

 

What more if they’d be exchanging vows in a month’s time?

 

 

‘Don’t worry, Dara. That won’t ever happen. I’ll make sure of that.’ A part of her mind, said.

 

 

“I needed to. Someone might steal her away from me if I won’t make a move. How are you?”

 

 

“I’m okay.” she replied shortly. She turned to look at Chaerin. The girl smile warmly and greeted her, “Welcome to Jeju Island!”

 

 

Dara returned the smile with an uneasy one. “Thank you.”

 

 

“Jiyong-hyung, thank you for getting Dara in behalf of me. I know that you’re busy on your shop but you still spared us your precious time.”

 

 

Jiyong just shrugged his shoulders. “Anytime.”

 

 

Dara immediately got confused with the situation. Why was Seungri thanking and, at the same time, apologizing to him? And what shop is he talking about?

 

 

When did an employee’s job, like fetch his employer’s visitor, be a nuisance? That’s what the freaky guy does for a living, right?

 

 

‘Unless, it’s not really his REAL job…’

 

 

Though the situation she’s in is not yet clear for her, she wants to shrink from where she’s standing and let the ants ravish her as their early dinner. Because one thing’s for sure, what she’s about to know will do her no good, at all. And maybe—she had mistaken the ‘Jiyong’ guy’s identity.

 

 

What Chaerin said next had her mental query answered.

 

 

“Of course, Jingyo-oppa won’t say ‘no’ to me. You know that I’m his one and only beloved sister!”

 

 

Her eyes popped out of their sockets, her jaws dropped down, and hung open.

 

 

Literally.

 

 

‘I. Am. Screwed. So screwwweeed!’

 

 

 

--------Comments-are-very-much-appreciated!--------