The Plan

The Maid Of Honor

 


A/N:

 

Since most of the readers commented about the emoticons, I decided to remove them from the story completely.

 

Still, please enjoy reading!

 

(Sorry for the typos!)

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Chapter 7

The Plan

 

 

 

Dara found Jiyong in front of the gates, busy checking the motor of the white Range Rover. It was the same car that he used to pick her up from the pier. Then Dara again remembered the scenario when she had mistaken him as a driver. She was planning to seek for an apology for her actions but she can’t coz he’s been ignoring her ever since their first encounter. And when they argued at the souvenir shop, she totally forgot her intentions of apologizing to him.

 

 

“Do you need anything?” he asked her.

 

 

For some unknown reasons, her heart started to race. And the irritation she felt towards him suddenly evaporated in a blink of an eye. “Ah... y-yeah.” Her cheeks flushed. “Seungri wanted to tell you that we’re going already.”

 

 

Jiyong just gave her a slight nod as an answer, and then went back to what he was doing.

 

 

And like a fool, she just stood there with her hands in her pockets, watching him work. Chaerin was right about him. He’s a stuck-up jerk who doesn’t know how to smile. But Chaerin forgot to tell her another thing about him, that he’s so ARROGANT too.

 

 

’If he so happen to rudely mistaken you as a household helper like you did to him, do you think you could bring yourself to be all smiles when you see him?’

 

 

She grimaced at her own analysis and started to turn back.

 

 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

 

 

She stopped on her tracks and rolled her eyes instinctively. She turned again to face him and awkwardly smiled.

 

 

“Inside. I’d prefer to wait for Seungri and Chaerin there than stand and gape here.”

 

 

‘At you...’ she mentally added.

 

 

Jiyong shook his head while wiping his hands clean with a towel. Dara didn’t know if it was just her imagination working out the best of her, but she thinks she just saw him momentarily smiled. Well, not really a smile but a smirk. At least, he got his lips to stretch a bit. Those kissable lips of his would go to waste if he’ll always shut them.

 

 

He opened the door on the passenger side.

 

 

She looked blankly at the open door then at him. He didn’t spoke; he just stared at her while holding the door for her.

 

 

“Are we going to stay here and stare at each other all day or you’re going in?”

 

 

She knitted her eyebrows. She didn’t know he was hinting her to hop in. He didn’t say anything in the first place. So why is he being rude now?

 

 

“I’m not a fortune-teller to know that you opened the door for me to ride in. You know what? I was going to ask for an apology for what happened when you fetch me at the pier. When I thought you were a driver. But forget it. I changed my mind.”

 

 

He shrugged. “No need for that. I don’t expect you to apologize anyway.”

 

 

“Why you—“

 

 

“Let’s go!” Chaerin yelled enthusiastically as Dara failed to notice that they were close to them already. Her attempts to show him her shrewdness failed.

 

 

“So, Jingyo Oppa, are you ready to be the tour guide of the day?” Chaerin joked.

 

 

Seungri stood beside Dara and elbowed her. She turned to him with her eyebrows still knitted together.

 

 

“So, did you get the first base?” He asked as he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

 

‘First base?! Are you kidding me?!’

 

 

“Screw you!” she hissed venomously and left.

 

 

Oh?” He chased after her with his poor attempts of stifling his laughter. “Don’t you like it? You can still catch up with our wedding, and their parents won’t have to worry that we’re getting ahead of Jiyong-hyung.”

 

 

She stopped so he can keep up with her pace. “Getting ahead of what?”

 

 

“Of getting married. Do you know that there are these old sayings that when you settled down first ahead of your older sibling, they won’t be able to settle down for good and would remain, like spinster?”

 

 

She laughed. “Really? There’s something ridiculous like that?”

 

 

He shrugged his shoulders. “There is, I guess. That was the first thing their parents asked Jiyong-hyung when I asked for Chaerin’s hand.”

 

 

“Then what did he say?”
 

 

“He said it was okay.”

 

 

“Was he even inherent when he said it?” she asked. With the rudeness Jiyong showed her a while ago, she won’t be shocked to know that he only agreed to the marriage for a show, to not hurt her little sister.

 

 

He just, again, shrugged his shoulders. “That, I don’t know.”

 

 

Slightly toning her voice down, she asked. “Tell me the truth, does he approve of you?”

 

 

“Yes.” He immediately answered.

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

Maybe Jiyong’s disapproval of him for Chaerin is not perceptible enough for Seungri. Brothers are really protective when it comes to their little sisters, especially when it’s his only sister.

 

 

“I told you already. YES.” He whined.

 

 

Maybe Jiyong was acting a bit stuck-up the past days because of the impending espousal?

 

 

Then an idea struck her.

 

 

She needed to find out Jiyong’s opinion about the wedding.

 

 

 

--------Comments-are-very-much-appreciated!--------