Roses, Mums, and Her Identity

The Maid Of Honor

 

A/N:

Updated! Gonna go MIA next week, but I'd try to make another update before I leave.

Hello, WET SUMMER!

Sorry for the typos and ENJOY!

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Chapter 13:

Roses, Mums, and Her Identity

 

 

“Roses and mums for the church?” Dara repeated for the 2nd time unbelievingly. “Isn’t it too ordinary? Come on, don’t you even want it to be unique?”

 

They were currently spending their lunchtime in a seafood restaurant somewhere in the western side of the island. After their schedule in the flower arrangements, Chaerin suggested that they should eat there since according to Seungri, Dara’s favourite were shrimps and it just so happens that they serve the best seafood in the island.

 

The engaged couple looked at each other, then looked at her with a smile. “Go and explain everything to that girl, tart. You’re both woman anyway.” Seungri said.

 

Dara was just looking at the two. They were sitting together, facing her and Jiyong. She’s still treating him like he’s invisible since they went off of the flower shop.

 

“We don’t want to spend so much over flowers, Dara-unnie,” Chaerin said.

 

“But why? Flowers are very important in weddings; it adds color and charm to the occasion. And you decided to go for the ordinary ones?”

 

“The flower arranger assured us that she will make a beautiful flower arrangement out of ordinary flowers, so it’s okay.” Chaerin explained in a calm way.

 

“But still,” she said, not thinking of backing down. “Why not try tulips?”

 

Seungri almost choked on his food after hearing Dara’s suggestion. “Are you okay, Ssantokki?” He had his eyes open wide to emphasize his point. “Tulips, just for the church? What do you think of me, a billionaire?”

 

“So I was right. You were being frugal.”

 

“It’s what you call being practical. Why are you going to spend so much money on something that you know after the wedding won’t have use anymore? Not to mention that it’ll wilt easily.” Jiyong interfered.

 

Like she didn’t hear him speak, Dara looked expectantly at Chaerin for an answer. Chaerin threw his brother a look, and then smiled at her. She gave Dara a teasing gaze. Maybe she noticed how Dara was playing dead ears when it’s Jiyong.

 

“Jiyong oppa is right, unnie. We thought that it would be waste of money to spend on too expensive flowers when after the wedding it would wither and would be of no use. The church and the reception hall can still be beautiful even it’s just ordinary flowers. Tulips are my favourites, unnie. They’re very beautiful flowers. But if we used them, certainly, the visitors’ attention and praise would be turned to it. So just like what I said to Seungri, are you going to let the tulips grab all the attention on your special day?”

 

“What?” She didn’t quite get the meaning of the last part.

 

Seungri decided to explain to her. “For your information, one of the highlights in a wedding is the bride. The attendees always look forward seeing the bride, if her wedding gown is pretty or not, if her make-up is fine, if she’s smiling, and everything that can be talked about. The moment the bride walks down the aisle, all eyes are turned to her. Now, if you are the bride, do you want to share that same attention to anything else? That instead of the visitors saying and admiring how beautiful you are, they’re gushing over the tulips beside them?”

 

She was rendered speechless. Of course, if she’s to be asked, she would not share the most important day of her life. But it was not her wedding they’re discussing, but Chaerin’s. And every nuisance she can think of, Chaerin always overcame.

 

 Their hands moved above the table and in seconds were clasped in each others warmth. Dara moved her gaze away from it. “I thought you wanted a garden wedding? Why the sudden change of heart?” she asked Seungri.

 

She was hoping that reminding him of it would let him insist it on Chaerin. Based on what she’s seeing, it’s Chaerin’s decision that only matter.

 

Seungri looked at his fiancée lovingly first before turning to her. “We already discussed that. What Chae wants is that we exchange our vows before God. It means a lot to her. And wherever she’s happy, I’m happy with it too.” Then he raised their clasped hands and gave Chaerin’s a kiss.

 

Dara rolled her eyes. “Oh, God! Please tell me this happening! My best friend’s getting mushy! EWWWW!” she complained while looking up that made them laugh.

 

In the corner of her eyes, she noticed Jiyong just shook his head. He dare try to react and he will taste the evil’s wrath. But good for him that he decided to stand and leave for the buffet table carrying his plate.

 

She followed his form go with her gaze and turned it back to the sweethearts.

 

“Seungri…” she mumbled just to stop their interaction, which is an eyesore already.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I want some crabs.” She said sweetly.

 

He shook his head but then eventually stood up.

 

“I’ll just get this cranky woman some crabs,” he said then received a slap on his arm from Dara. “What about you?”

 

Chaerin shaking her head said “Later.”

 

Dara and Chaerin were left alone on the table, both of them watching as the two men are talking on the buffet table while getting food servings. They were standing side by side. By then Dara just noticed that Jiyong is a bit taller than Seungri. Jiyong looks cold and unapproachable, while Seungri is all smiles and has bubbly personality. Both of them have a strong appeal but every time she looks at Jiyong, she feels somewhat nervous. It was very disturbing. Jiyong’s impact is greater on her than her self admitting that she loves Seungri.

 

What is really happening to her? Did he put some love potion on the cake he had fed her a day ago? What did Seungri reminded her again? That love and hate were just neighbours and that she needed to be careful in analyzing her feelings.

 

Oh, no! No, no! I am definitely not in love with him!

 

But if she’s just going to be true to herself, Jiyong already had a different effect on her the first time she saw him. It just escapes her mind when they start to bicker but eventually goes back to the whole day they were together.

 

Her eyes drank their fill as she gazed at him. Jiyong lifted his gaze and their eyes met, but she withdrew right away coz she’s already hearing her heart beating against her ears.

 

“How did the food test with Jingyo oppa went?” Chaerin queried.

 

“Huh?” Dara then turned to face her. “Ah, i-it was o-okay.”

 

“We thought that you’d go home with torn clothes and scratches and bruises. We were worried because no one would stop you two from strangling each other to death.”

 

Dara smiled genuinely at her remark. “Surprisingly, we were able to strain ourselves.” She took a bite of fried dumplings. “I’ve met Sohee by the way,” she casually stated.

 

“So, you finally met Oppa’s only ex-girlfriend.”

 

“He is Sohee’s ex?” She can’t help but hang in disbelief.

 

Chaerin nodded. “You didn’t notice?”

 

“So that was why there was something when they hugged each other,” Dara said after recalling the scene. “How did they break up?”

 

She just got a shrug in response. “Oppa doesn’t really divulge much about his life. It’s been two years since they broke up, but up until now, I still didn’t know why they did. All I know is, after they broke up, Sohee went to Paris. Jiyong oppa busied his self with his business. We also thought that they’re going to end up together. They’ve been together since college days, that’s why we were shocked when we knew from him that they broke up.”

 

“And after that, Jiyong never had a girlfriend again?”

 

Chaerin shook her head again.

 

“So that means, he still loves Sohee?” she concluded. Dara didn’t know why she felt needles prickling her chest after what she said.

 

Jiyong and Seungri already arrived at their table. And she was disappointed that Chaerin didn’t have the chance to answer her—to assure the little tug of hope bugging in the back of her mind.

 

BORING. TT____TT

 

 

--------Comments-are-very-much-appreciated!--------