Miserable Dara

The Maid Of Honor

A/N:

 

 

I dedicate this chapter to itsINAH since she'd gonna make me a banner.

 

I'm a user-friendly, aint I?

 

But still, shoutout to you!

 

Thank you so much, chingu!

 

This chappie is all yours!♥

 

(Sorry for the typos!)

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Chapter 1

Miserable Dara

"This cant be happening! This is not real!" Dara said, whipping the poor blouse on the ironing board in annoyance.

 

"Uhhmmmm... Excuse me, but it happened already." Bom interfered her little acting.

 

Dara glared at Bom who's comfortably sitting and inspecting her manicured nails.

 

"What?" Bom inquired. "I was just correcting you... You keep on shouting,"This cant be happening!" But it already happened, right?!"

 

Dara just ignored what she said. She grumpily layed the blouse on the board and ironed it.

 

"He can't get married. We're destined to be together. He can't get married to another girl."

 

She momentarily stopped ironing and grabbed the first thing that she laid her eyes on at the display cabinet on her right side and threw it on the floor.

 

"Sh*t!!"

 

"Darong!!! I just bought that figurine!!" Bom shrieked. She immediately rushed to aide the poor thing, but it already landed on the ground, crushed to pieces.

 

Dara pouted and unplugged the iron. She went to the kitchen counter and slouched herself on the stool. She bowed her head down with her arms crossed on the counter top.

 

"Hey Darong." Bom held her shoulder and shook her. "Pay for that one, okay?"

 

Dara was suddenly shaking. "Are you crying?" She sniffed.

 

"What do you think?! That I'm having a seizure?!" Bom laughed.

 

"There's nothing funny with my situation here!!" She continuously bawled. Bom rubbed her back. "Mianhe, Ssantoki."

 

"You never know how bad I'm hurting right now. He's my best friend, my Prince Charming, and my knight in shining armor. I thought we were going to end up together, that he'd propose to me. But what happened?! He's marrying another woman!!"

 

"You've been away from each other for nine years. After high school, you transferred here in Seoul while he was left back in Busan."

 

"But we have constant communication," she reasoned.

 

"Thru text and calls, yes. But do you constantly meet each other? When we were in college, you visited him twice a year. Then once a year when we got a job. And when we got busy in the hospital, you never got back in Busan. When the last time you went there? Two years ago, right? And when he got himself a girlfriend three years ago, he seldomly called you? Admit it."

 

Dara glared at Bom. "Our friendship never got cold. He treats me as his best friend the same way I do though we barely see each other. Everybody expects we'll be together in the end. I expected it"

 

Seungri phoned Dara the other day. She just came home from her duty at the hospital. She was so sleepless and drained out since she's in the graveyard shift, but it all evaporated into thin air after she heard Seungri's voice. He happily announced that he's going to marry his girlfriend of three years.

 

She tried her best to control her tears and acted like what she heard was good news. But she felt different. She cried her eyes out for two nights.

 

She never entertained any of her suitors and never got herself into serious relationships because of Seungri. She even promised to herself that she'd marry him someday. Then, that's all she'd ever get after waiting for all these years?! There's no way in hell she'd accept that!

 

"But that's not what Seungri was expecting," Bom said.

 

Dara glared at Bom for the nth time. Bom raised both of her hands in the air, surrendering.

 

"Sorry! We're friends, right? I was just telling you the truth."

 

"Do you know what's the hardest?! His fiancee made me the maid of honor!! I'm not even close with that...that...That girl!!!"

 

She'll never try to get close to Seungri's girl because he said that he's not in serious terms with the girl. But is that how you picture a not-so-serious relationship? To the extent of exchanging lifetime vows?!

 

"Are you eyeing the best man position then?" Bom jokingly said.

 

"You keep on joking. You could at least give me a piece of advice!" Dara said, tearing up.

 

Bom and Dara were long-time friends now. They first met in the university where they're both Medical Technology graduates. Bom's from Daegu, but she grew up in America. Dara's aunt, who adopted her after both of her parents died in an accident, is residing at Seoul. But she moved in with Bom in an apartment thru the second semester.

 

"What kind of advice? Find a way to stop the wedding? That would be brilliant!" Bom sarcastically commented.

 

She stiffened. Bom just gave her an idea. "Right!!" she exclaimed.

 

"What's right?" Bom asked, confused.

 

Dara faced her. "I'll file a leave next week. I'm going to Jeju Island. I'd stop the wedding."

 

The wedding would take place in the province of the bride-to-be, but she's doubting if it'd push through.

 

With that thought, she felt relieved..

 

"OH MY GOD!!! Dont tell me you took my joke SERIOUSLY!?!?!" Bom shrieked.

 

 

 

--------Comments-are-very-much-appreciated!--------