The Interview - Choi Jinri

The Heart of Im Yoona

This chapter is going to be something special to me. My girlfriend dumped me today because she couldn’t take the distance. She says she still loves me but I don’t believe it one bit. As I am going through this tough break up, I never expected it to hurt so much. I just loved her so much and I just feel like begging for her to come back to me. I know how it feels to be in Krystal’s position but I did not cheat like Krystal.

“Stop tweeting about me. It’s over. I’m moving on... Moping around how you will wait forever for me isn’t going to help.” Sulli murmurs to herself as she waits for her chance to be interviewed.

@Jjung99: I may act as if i'm happy but it’s just to cover up I’m dead inside

2 minutes ago

@Jjung99: I knew it was too good to be true. It’s my fault too. I messed up for the last time.

30 minutes ago.

It’s been three months Krystal... Get over me and move on. Sulli exited out twitter in madness. If it was so easy for Sulli decide to move on why can’t Krystal just do it too? “I’m Sorry...” Sulli whispered to her phone as she got a notification that Krystal sent her another text.

Text to Sulli: Ssull... I can’t do this anymore. It’s been three months. I’ve been punished enough. I promise I won’t ever cheat again. Please come back. I love you so much still. I can’t move on without you. Life makes no sense without you around. At least talk to me. Tell me how you are.  If it’s all lies, I am okay with that. I’m hurting so much Ssull. It’s as if you don’t even care anymore. Did you even love me? Or was it all just a game to you.

Did I ing love you? How dare she say that to me? She knows how much I cared about her. I was so heartbroken when I first caught her cheating... She knows nothing. Having to walk home seeing your girlfriend with another person that’s not you. That’s a lot worse than what you’re dealing with right now. Can you just stop texting me...? I don’t want to have to block your number so just stop.

“Ms. Choi Jinri you may enter.” The lady with the clipboard notifies Sulli. Goodbye Krystal Jung. Sulli turns off her phone quickly before entering knowing she might get another text or call from her ex.  She walked in to find two cups of coffee placed on a plain white table. Next to the coffee looked like sweet cookies. Krystal loved sweet things... “Ahh so you are my last interviewee. Nice to meet you. You like being called Sulli right. I will call you Sulli then. It’s a cute name” Yoona smiled at her. I can see Krystal’s face in her for some reason... Sulli smiled back once realizing she shouldn’t be thinking of Krystal at a time like this.  She’s cute. Yoona thought to herself quickly getting a good look at the girl. Nice height around my size. I can deal with the fact she’s a bit young. Her face is probably her best feature. I bet when she does aegyo she’s cute. No wonder someone snatched her up for 2 years. I wonder how you lose someone so cute? I shouldn’t ask it might be rude. “Thank you.” Sulli sat down breaking Yoona’s trance. Yoona then realized Sulli had put a binder on the floor next to her.  I don’t remember that? Maybe I’m just not seeing things... “You look very nice today Sulli.” Yoona broke the weird awkwardness by speaking first. “You do too. Might I say great choice in coffee.” Sulli sips the coffee and is glad that it is bitter and not sweet.

“Is that your portfolio of photos? You know this isn’t a real job interview you didn’t have to bring them.” Yoona finally realized what the binder is and now was curious.  I wonder what’s inside the binder. “Oh yeah I brought it here for you to see my work.  I wanted to show you what I’m passionate and what keeps me going.” Sulli grins picking up the binder. Taking pictures always helped me when I was down. She places the binder away from the coffee to make sure no stains get on the book. Sulli opens up revealing massive amounts of pictures. “I have more of these at home. Some are still at my old apartment and I don’t really want to go back there.” Sulli explains hoping Yoona wasn’t disappointed in the size. “You have more of these?” Yoona asked trying to act shocked. “Yes. These have been my photos for three months. I plan on making a whole portfolio dedicated to my time here. Since this is my job, I still will have to work.  Moneys tight right now and al lot of my photos aren’t selling.”

“Well to be honest Sulli. These pictures are depressing.” Yoona tells her after looking at several gloomy pictures. One consisted of a man standing in the rain with no umbrella, the next an abandoned house that looks like it was set on fire, and another of a lonely dead tree out in the middle of the fields. “Well I take pictures of what I see.” Sulli lies an obvious lie. “Why don’t you take pictures of the beach or the ocean?” Yoona tries to change the conversation hoping to avoid the ex until the end. “I’m scared of water.” “How do you...? Never mind it seems you do shower... then why don’t you just stay on land. Take pictures of the birds or something.” Yoona avoided asking a very dirty question. “I’m scared of birds.” “Wow... Um I’m sorry...? I don’t really know how to respond to that.”

“It’s okay I get that a lot. And I do shower. I take quick ones because I don’t like the way water feels on me. Also the bird thing happened because I was a kid and I was trying to feed the birds. They all attacked me and I had to be sent to the hospital. I didn’t realize there were so many.” Sulli remembers the scary incident clearly. “I will protect you from the birds then. Instead you take pretty pictures of me.” Yoona teased. “I wanna see you do some aegyo.” Yoona begged after her. Krystal loved my aegyo... “Maybe another time...” Sulli couldn’t be here right now... Everything this girl did reminded her of Krystal.  She thinks I’m cute and I think she’s gorgeous... But why can’t I talk comfortably. I need to stop thinking about Krystal...  “I’m sorry...  It’s just you remind me so much of my ex-girlfriend right now. I’ve been trying to forget her but looking at you I’m reminded of her. She once told me she would give me the world. I can’t believe that I followed her then. I was too stupid to realize what she was capable of.” Sulli accidentally lets out not wanting to hold it in anymore. “I came here because I just want to move on. I do think you are pretty and I do want to move on to someone else. Can you help me? I need to forget her and move on.” Sulli pleads hoping if she can just forget Krystal things will be okay. “I’ll try. But you also have to try too. This is the heart of Im Yoona. Not The heart of Sulli” Yoona joked. Sulli you have to try for yourself. I can see it in your face that you may not be ready to move on. Maybe if you are in an environment with people competing against me you will fight for me. “Thank you.” Sulli kissed Yoona on the cheek before she exited.

Yoona held her hand over her cheek in confusion. That was odd.

Sulli was confused at what she did herself as she drove back home. Did I really just Kiss her on the cheek? Maybe I can move on?