The Interview – Cha Eun Joo

The Heart of Im Yoona

3rd Person POV:

Italics is one person’s thoughts.

“Gosh I’m so nervous I’m going to puke.” Eun Joo remarked while she uncrossed and crossed her legs numerous times. She wish she could eye up the competition but they had all different dates. I guess it is so that people don’t get biased opinions or change what they do or wear because of another contestant. She started to bite her nails in anticipation for her name to be called. Then she started to fiddle with her hands. She’s always had this nervous habit that she has to be doing SOMETHING. Should I just run? It would be a lot easier.

“Cha Eun Joo you may now come in.” a tall woman, with a folder, spoke shocking the girl. The place for the interview was a plain white room, with just a desk, and two chairs. Placed on the tables were glasses of water. Usually Eun Joo would avoid talking by drinking the water. It avoids any awkward silence you might be having. Across from the desk was none other than Im Yoona who was seated gently in her chair. Behind her stationed a camera and bright lights that almost blinded you. Once Eun Joo had entered, Yoona had immediately stood up to great the girl. “You must be Cha Eun Joo it’s so nice to meet you.” Yoona smiled widely hoping to make a good first impression. She is very short… It is somewhat cute on her to be honest. Nice size too. Yoona examined the girl as she bowed. “Please you don’t need to bow. Have a seat!” Yoona tried to ease off the awkwardness by sitting them down. Eun Joo walked sloppily towards her chair head down avoiding any more embarrassment. Why did I bow? That was stupid of me! SO STUPID! First thing she did was grab the water and take a small sip. Ugh, I’m off to a bad start.

“So tell me a bit about yourself. You are into computers? You think you can help me with my computer problems.” Yoona pulled up her laptop and placed it on the table. She had this all planned out for a reason. “What seems to be the problem? Eun Joo asked as she tried to avoid Yoona’s gaze and focus on the laptop. “I am having a problem printing. Every time I print something, it never goes to the printer. Even when I restart, it will not go to the printer. I tried printing out your audition paper and I could not seem to get it to print.” Yoona explained trying to make eye contact with the girl. “Have you tried resetting the Spooler?” Eun Joo focused herself so much on the computer not even realizing Yoona moving her chair to her side of the table. “Show me how to do that?” Yoona replied in a cutesy aegyo manner hoping to distract the girl. It worked. Eun Joo let out a tiny squeal and then quickly covered . Aghhh my inner fan girl is showing. “Aww that’s cute you squealed” Yoona teased the girl while touching her face. Eun Joo was completely frozen. “It’s not cute. I’m not that cute.” Eun Joo finished resetting the spooler and handed back the girl the laptop.

Yoona quickly handed back the laptop and stared directly into Eun Joo’s eyes. “Stop fiddling!” Yoona grabbed the girl’s hands tightly to stop them. Eun Joo looked away in embarrassment.  This has to be so bad. “I know it’s hard being the first. You are a fan of my dramas tell me a little bit about your favorite ones.” Yoona had let go knowing it was uncomfortable for the girl. “Well one of my favorite Dramas was “Can you hear my heart?”. I liked that it dealt with topics like autism and being deaf. I cried a lot” Eun Joo went on then talking about her various dramas. Yoona finally got some emotion out of the girl. They spent the next while conversing about various things that happened in dramas. “So I guess since you watch a lot of dramas you know a lot about romance. I expect you to quote something from a drama or at least do one of those arm grabs and pull me away from the crowds.” Yoona laughed.

“I hope the girl you fell in love with like’s dramas since you talk about them a lot.” It was about time she brought up the topic. “Come on you knew I would ask you about it eventually. What gives? I thought I was going to have you all to myself.” Eun Joo didn’t really want to talk about the girl she did still love. It was hard because she was starting to warm up to Yoona. “Well we were friends for a while. We didn’t talk a lot but then all of the sudden she started to have problems at home. She is in a rough time right now and I really wanted to be there for her. It just hurts knowing she’s not okay. I don’t think she needs a relationship to complicate things though. It will be another thing she has to worry about.” Eun Joo confessed trying to hide the hurt she still felt towards the girl. “I can see in your eyes you care about her so much. Why come on the show then? It shouldn’t matter as long as you are there for her.” Yoona asked knowing that Eun Joo still had feelings for the girl. “I don’t even know now. I thought maybe I would just see you and know that you could be the one. I am sorry that I do not have an answer right away.” Eun Joo apologized as she wiped a few tears from her face. Great now I’m crying too. I’m so stupid… Maybe I should quit and go to the girl who is in my heart now… It would be a lot easier since I have already fallen for her. What do I do? What if I fall for Yoona?  The girl will see this interview and know my feelings. It will probably be worse for her knowing she lost her chance with me. I just need to figure out who is the best person for me. I have this once in a lifetime opportunity I should take it. “I think once we get to know each other I’m sure you will figure out where your heart lies. Or it means I’m just gonna have to fight for you a little harder” Yoona joked trying to ease the weirdness vibe that came off in the room itself. “I can’t wait to see you on the show.” They stood up and right when Eun Joo was about to bow she was embraced by the tall figure. Eun Joo’s heart started to plummet as she gave her usual one-armed hug.  “Thank you for allowing me this opportunity” Eun Joo smiled as she exited.

Note: These are not in particular order. Do not jump to conclusions because of the order in which the interview has happened.