Day Six

Battle Royale

 


       Minji was always an early riser. She always woke first and this time she woke without hearing the snores of the seven other girls. Minji had decided to go solo, so she wouldn't argue with someone or have them turn out to be a backstabber.

          She gasped at how far she could see from on top of the old house, her view was limited when she climbed up, unbeknownst to anyone else, in the dusk. Minji grabbed her small sack and pulled out a cracker. It was the first time in Battle Royale that she had to eat the supplies handed to her. 'Maybe everyone else had eaten theirs', she thought, chewing the bland crackers that served as her breakfast.

           "Now to spy on people." Minji chuckled, standing up on the roof. She walked to the top of the point, and when she reached the edge and then stumbled down a hole in the roof.

           "WHOA! I didn't see this room when we were exploring the house." Minji gasped, staring at all of the gears inside the new room. It was like being inside a huge clock, full of gears and ratchets. The room glowed with a faint red light. Minji, giving up to her natural curiousity, began to walk through the room, careful to not smash her head on low hanging metal gears. At the far west end of the room there was a small door. Minji crawled down on her knees to open it and fell through the hole in the floor.

           Minji screamed as she fell through the floor and into what used to be the bedroom. Now it was filled with more cables than Minji had seen altogether in her life. As Minji turned to exit the cable room, she tripped over a particularly thick cable, which looped around to a noose hanging from the ceiling.

            Eunseok did warn everybody about the house.

----

       Kristine awoke with a smug smile on her face. Sehun was dead and now Chanyeol was stuck out in the open with no survival skills, or so she hoped. Listening to the announcements drawl on and on with the dead, she frowned when she did not hear Chanyeol's name among the deceased.

         "God damn it, Chanyeol's not dead! Ugh, Kristine, you're letting emotions get to you. Next thing you know, you'll be actually sorry you killed Sehun. He was cute..." She trailed off, sighing and rubbing her eyes. She wasn't always so cold and cruel, but she had to act like it to live through this. Maybe she could win, maybe she could get a solo career and leave Stardom. But she did feel bad, just a little, tiny bit about killing Baekhyun and Sehun. Just then a sound rumbled from inside the bushes. Kristine stood up, grabbing Baekhyun's pistol and pointing it at the offending bush. She was then greeted by a tired Youngjae with dark enough circles to rival a raccoon.

         "Please don't shoot. I'm really tired, I won't kill you. Besides, I don't have a reason to kill girls, there's a male winner and a female winner." Youngjae said, dropping his gun and raising his hands. Kristine gaped for a minute, what he said made the murders she had just committed pointless, worthless. Baekhyun and Sehun's deaths were for nothing.

         "Fine. Sleep here, I'll be a look out. But pull any crap and I'll inject you with deadly poison." Kristine growled menacingly, flicking out her needles.

         "Cute, you're like a cat." Youngjae chuckled happily, laying down in the soft grass.

         "I am not cute, I'm a killer." Kristine whipped around to hide her face, her cheeks tinted pink. She was just met with quiet laughter from the sleepy male. It was unusual for someone to flirt with her, usually it was the other way around. 'Or maybe he wasn't flirting, he could just be friendly.' Kristine thought, focusing on a particularly tall oak tree.

----

       Taeil woke up in his treetop fort at around noon with a knot in his back from sleeping awkwardly. He rubbed sleep from his eyes, putting his glasses back on. Taeil, popped open a pack of crackers, thinking about how he was now on his own since the seven had gone their own way.

         "Ironic," Taeil mumbled with a cracker in his mouth, "we said we wouldn't split up, and here we are now, Jaehyo's dead and the us six are on our own." Taeil sighed, sipping his water to wash down the dry crackers. He wished he could go back to before the vacation, when he could goof around with his bandmates and sing. He was happier then, everyone was. They had finally made it through all the scandals and law suits and thought that after that everything was going to be great and they would preform and be popular. It was like fate had laughed at them and threw the seven down here to die.

          Taeil snapped out of his thoughts when he swore he heard talking. Eyes widening, he called out.

          "W-who's there?" Taeil asked and immediately felt stupid. It was probably some squirrel and now he had said something stupid that gave away his position. But then the rumbling came again and Taeil gasped, pulling out a grenade, yanking the pin, watching as it flew through the air, and hit a surprised Jihoon and Yukwon.

         "What have I done?" Taeil mumbled quietly to himself. He had just killed two of his friends, his only friends. Taeil felt too sad and guilty to feel bad about sounding cliché.

----

       "Sulli was a bit of a anyway." Luna comforted Amber, who was crying into her shoulder.

       "I don't care! I didn't mean to kill her! It was an accident." Amber sniffled. The four girls had been trekking through the deep part of the woods for around two hours, looking for a good campsite.

         "God forgives you." Krystal smiled, before stumbling over a root. She had been raised Christian, and some of the things she learned in church seemed to help her.

         "Shut up, god doesn't exist anyway. If he existed then this crap wouldn't have happened." Luna stated, clutching Sulli's pistol.

         "Luna! There is no need to be so hostile, fighting will get us nowhere. Now Amber, you know that Sulli wouldn't be angry at you right now, it was an accident. Besides, Dara was the one who actually killed her." Victoria stared at the two angry girls before turning to calm down Amber.

----

         "Was it necessary to kill Sulli?" Bom raised an eyebrow as Dara began to scale a tree to look for their new campsite.

         "I was being irrational. But she would have gotten brain trauma anyways. Amber hit her hard." Dara said sadly, watching as Bom began to climb up the same tree.

          "I'm glad I'm not a leader, I don't like making tough decisions." Bom sighed, reaching up for a particularly high branch.

         "It sure is stressful, especially in this situation. God, I miss Chaerin. She always knew what to do." Dara smiled sadly, remembering the blonde leader.

          "I guess we'll have to make due without her. But don't forget that you have me." Bom said, finding a foothold in the trunk.

         "Yeah, if we survive. But, look! I see a good camp spot on that large curvy branch!" Dara exclaimed, pointing to a higher branch to her left. The two began to climb to their new campsite.

----

        "I. ing. Hate. Kristine." Chanyeol growled as he swung his axe into a tree. She had killed Baekhyun and then turned Sehun against him, only to murder the maknae. She did this without even flinching or feeling sorry. It wasn't right, she didn't deserve to win. If only she hadn't joined their group, then Baekhyun and Sehun would be alive, and Chanyeol wouldn't be alone and angry.

        Chanyeol chucked his axe at a far away branch, but missed as his axe was built for anything but throwing. The axe flew over the branch, swooping down. The airborne weapon's flight was punctuated by a scream, Chanyeol's axe had hit something.

         "Oh Jesus ing Christ." Chanyeol mumbled as he saw an axe sticking out of a girl's forehead. He had screwed up big time. It was too late to save her, blood was already rushing down the sides of her face, into her long, black hair.

       "YEONJU! YEONJU!" A blonde, with frightened eyes screamed. She was on the verge of tears and looked at the surprised Chanyeol in shock.

         Chanyeol, not knowing what to do or say, removed the axe from the dead girl's head as quickly and gently as possible, and laid the body down. He bowed to to the corpse and sprinted off as quickly as possible, not wanting to become a victim of a similar situation with Yull.

         "Yeonju?" Yull's sad voice echoed through the woods, full of despair. Guilt weighed Chanyeol down as he ran through the forest.


Authors note

I have returned!

Also I don't even know how this whole Youngjae/Kristine business started. It wrote itself.

Im sorry if y'all didn't like Krystal's character with all her religion

I just don't know her personality well

List of the Living

2NE1: Dara & Bom

EvoL: Yeonju

f(x): Amber, Luna, Victoria & Krystal

Block b: Jiho, Kyung, Taeil & Minhyuk

B.A.P: Zelo & Jongup

Exo: Chanyeol, Chen and Tao