Day 11 (Finale)

Battle Royale

"Zitao? Zitao? Please be ok, Zitao," Jongdae looked down at the corpse that laid by his feet. "Who the hell am I kidding? He's dead." Jongdae sighed and picked up his trident. It was time that he actually got around to using his weapon anyway. He would take Zitao's staff but he had no use for it. 

 Jongdae sprinted down the hill from where the house was, eager to try and leave Zitao and all the bad memories behind. If he wanted to leave the island alive, he would have to be ruthless. Since the wound was obviously made by a blade it would have to be either Chanyeol or Kyung. Jongdae was strongly against fighting Chanyeol though, since they were close. It's not like Chanyeol would just kill Zitao anyway. 

" Kyung. I wonder how he would like a trident in his skull, hmm?" Jongdae swung his trident around, slamming it into an Aspen tree's soft bark. Weird, Jongdae thought, aspens aren't supposed to grow in Korea. Jongdae sighed deeply, ripping the trident out of the bark and walking along. Whoever he saw first he would kill. 

----

 Dara was trying to start a fire and was failing completely. Then noon sun had long dried up all the rain and the summer heat was baking the dying grass around her. Still, no matter how hot it was outside, she was still not ever going to eat a rabbit raw. Never. Unfortunately the bags did not contain any fire starting materials. 

"AWW YEAH!" Dara screamed at her small fire. After a grueling half hour of rubbing sticks and rocks together she had finally gotten a tiny flame to start up. Within minutes it was a proper cooking fire, and cooking was just exactly what Dara did. 

 After successfully skinning, gutting, cooking and eating her rabbit she sat down by the fire, the heat and the feeling of finally being full lulling her to sleep. 

----

"Where do you think Dara is?" Luna asked Sunyoung, running a hand through her long hair. 

"I don't think she's in the woods. We've spent a good amount of time in the woods and we haven't bumped into her." Sunyoung thought back, the voice echoing in Luna's head. Luna still wasn't used to Sunyoung's presence, but the other female was useful at the least. 

"Let's check the beach then." Luna hopped over a rock, walking down a semi-defined trail in the woods. She occasionally had to push back or pull away branches, but it wasn't as much work as keeping Sunyoung quiet. Sunyoung might have been a cold, calculated killer, but she was a goddamn chatterbox as well. 

 Within an hour's trek, Luna had reached the ocean. Another tiny voice inside her head whispered at her about running into the ocean, drowning Sunyoung. 

 Luna had no time to worry that there were more voices in her head when a sword blade was shoved up against . 

"Don't scream and I'll kill you peacefully. Yell and I'll let you bleed out." Kyung said roughly, pressing the blade a little closer to the girl's neck. 

"I have a little brother at home. And a boyfriend." Luna added, thinking suddenly of Jinki and how he was probably watching the show at home and cheering her on. She couldn't lose, not when she had gotten so far. 

"Hmmm. Let's see, I don't care." Kyung almost had slit when Luna slammed her elbow into his ribs. Kyung released her, clutching his ribcage and wincing. 

"MADAABISH!" Kyung yelled incoherently, wincing in pain as Luna ran off. When she started running she didn't look back, but soon heard another set of footsteps and breaths; Kyung was behind her. Luna gulped and ran on, hoping her couple of years of track wouldn't fail he when she needed it the most. 

 After running for what felt like was an hour but was more likely to be thirty minutes, Luna ran into a dry, grassy field. She slid into a patch of yellowy tall grass, trying to hide. She quickly heard Kyung's slinky footsteps and another set of feet, Chanyeol's characteristic loud running. She closed her eyes tightly, willing all the voices in her head. 

I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming. This can't be real. I'll wake up and hear Jinki tripping over his own feet and everything will be ok. I'm ok. Luna thought, closing her eyes as tightly as she could. When she opened them, she was not only still in the grass but was face to face with a stern Dara.

"Get out. Get out now. I'm going to give you twenty seconds and then I'm gonna shoot." Dara stood up, gesturing to the beaten down grass path ahead of her. "I'm being nice right now. Go before I remember this is a stupid decision and change my mind. Go." Dara kicked Luna and the young girl sprinted for her life down the little path. 

----

"It's time this whole shebang ended." Kristine pulled on her needles, nodding at Youngjae. 

"I agree but please don't ever say 'shebang' ever again. It makes you sound like a grandma. And I don't want to date a grandma." Youngjae made a grossed out face at Kristine and then went back to checking his gun. 

"Well bro, that ain't rad, wicked or sick." Kristine stuck her tongue out at Youngjae. 

"And now I'm dating a teenage boy from the eighties. Nice to know." Youngjae laughed, standing up. "Ready?" 

"Yeah. You have an idea where everyone else is?" Kristine asked, wrapping an arm around Youngjae. 

"We haven't seen anyone in the woods for a while. And the beach isn't good fighting terrain. Let's check the fields." Youngjae immediately switched from playful young adult to efficient killer. Kristine nodded, sheathing and unsheathing her 'claws'. 

----

"How the hell did all of the contestants get onto one field? I guess this is how we're going to finish off the show." Jongdae said to himself, trying to aim his trident at Youngjae's neck. With one concentrated throw, the trident hurtled towards Youngjae's head. Jongdae smiled, expecting it to strike his head until Kristine pulled him aside. Instead of hitting Youngjae in the head,  it hit Luna in the leg. 

"." Jongdae ran out of the tree and into the battlefield to retrieve his weapon. He dashed up to Luna and tried to pull his trident out of her leg but she started to kick him. Jongdae pulled back and slammed his fist into her face. Luna fell backwards, the trident sinking deeper into her thigh. Jongdae ripped it out, running away from the dying girl, feeling a little more than bad about killing an innocent person. 

  Chanyeol was a little more than surprised when Kyung decided to challenge him. Kyung was a good deal taller than him, being a little less than ten centimeters shorter than him. What Kyung lacked in height he made up in sword skills, the only person who was as good with their weapon was Jongdae. 

 Kyung swung his sword forward, luckily only grazing Chanyeol's shoulder. He could tell he would be bleeding soon though. Chanyeol brought down his axe over Kyung's head but the smaller, more agile boy side stepped it, instead backing close to the fire. Kyung swung his sword into Chanyeol's side, this time making actual contact, going into the muscles on his side. Chanyeol swung back, catching Kyung off guard and landing a blow in the other's shoulder. 

 Kyung winced and stepped further back, putting a foot into the fire. The redhead yelped in surprise, his shoe completely on fire. He dropped into the dry grass, putting the fire off his shoe and into the grass. 

"Oh ! Run!" Kyung stared at the fire, trying to run with his bleeding shoulder. Chanyeol grasped at his side, running away as well. 

 Kristine was not equipped for battle with a measly set of needles. She just tried to get people from behind and hoped that with the poison in their bloodstream they would want to off themselves more than they wanted to kill her. She had managed to slam her needles into an unsuspecting Jongdae that was currently fighting with Youngjae. 

 However, Kristine did not expect a bleeding Luna to try and slit with a spear. The two girls scuffled for a while, trading punches and kicks. Kristine suffered a punch to the neck but was able to fend Luna off. The blonde collapsed on the ground, dying from blood loss. Her time had run out. 

"HELP ME! SOMEONE PLEASE! HELP!" Dara's voice screamed from the east part of the field. All contestants whipped their heads around to see a fire engulfing the part of land where Kyung, Chanyeol and Dara were. Youngjae turned his head back to where Jongdae was, and quickly fired a shot into the boy's head. 

"I think they're all dead." Kristine smiled, wrapping her arms around her boyfriend. 

"WE DID IT!" Youngjae screamed loudly, picking Kristine up and swinging her around. Kristine laughed and pulled him down for a kiss. They didn't even notice the fire surround them, growing ever closer. 

----

"HEECHUL! WAKE UP! We're going on vacation!" Eunhyuk screamed, jolting Heechul awake. 

"Where?" Heechul asked, immediately excited. 

"Jeju Island! We hop on the plane in two hours, so be quick." Eunhyuk smiled wide, excited for their vacation trip. 

----

 Authors note

 ITS OVER! Sorry if the ending was anticlimactic, I'm really bad at writing endings. Actually the entire story originally had a different ending, which I am going to post a bonus chapter tomorrow. Also, when I first wrote the story, Zitao was going to be the winner, but I realized that I could create a much more interesting plot line if he didn't win. 

 I'm not going to do battle royales for a very very long time because I can only do a series for so long. But there may be a sequel!

 Commenting, upvoting and subscribing makes my day! I love hearing your feedback about my story, so don't be shy. BOO SILENT READERS.