Six

The one that got away.
Please log in to read the full chapter

The knocking at the door woke you up. You groggily sat up in bed and stretched. The knocking continued making you stand up to answer it begrudgingly. You glanced at Seunghyun’s side of the bed but it was empty.

Work you thought.

The knocking persisted and you finally went to answer it.

“Good you’re up!” Aeri cheered and welcomed herself in, “Comfy.” She looked around the room.

“It is.” You yawned.

“Okay so get ready. We’re going downstairs to eat and after that there’s a car waiting to take us shopping.” She beamed.

You smiled and got dressed.

After eating you went to a mall. There weren’t that many people there but the mall was huge. There were 8 floors with tons of small boutiques on every floor. So Aeri went insane.

She was going from store to store. You both were carrying bags of clothes and cosmetics. Your arms were starting to ache and so were your feet. After spending 4 hours of walking and carrying bags around your stomach was beginning to rumble.

“Aren’t you hungry?” you asked Aeri.

You both were looking at clothing racks. She shrugged while pulling out a pink fluffy dress. You looked at it and shook your head.

“Well?” you asked again.

“I am a bit. “ she sighed, “But we’re meeting the guys for a dinner tonight.”

“What time is that?” you mused.

“Late.” She winced.

“Thought so.” You huffed, “Let’s just grab a smoothie then? I’m dying here and I can’t wait for late.”

“Okay, okay. Let’s go. I don’t see anything I like anyways.” She agreed.

You smiled and led the way. You found a bench and decided to enjoy your smoothie. Aeri sat beside you quietly sipping her drink.

“How was your night?” you asked.

“Okay.” She shrugged.

“Talk to me.” You ordered.

“Fine.” She smiled, “What that lady said last night really hit me.”

“Don’t let her.” You spoke.

“I know but it didn’t stop me from thinking.” She exhaled, “What am I doing?”

“You’re dating Jiyong.” You smiled.

“Yeah but I’m a secret. A secret. I never thought I would be one.” She exclaimed.

A couple of people glanced at you and you sheepishly smiled.

“Do you want to be with Jiyong? You knew how popular he was before you started seeing each other.”

She nodded but she looked nervous while answering.

“It’s only for a bit right?” you chimed, “I think it’s all about patience.”

She hugged you tightly then relaxed. She then stood up shaking her emotions away.

“Let’s head back.” She lightly smiled, “And check out that pool?”

You nodded and followed her outside.

~~

After the pool, you two went to your rooms to get ready and meet the others for dinner. When you entered the room, there was a black box on the bed. On top of it was a little note. It only said “Wear me tonight.”

You called Aeri’s room and asked her if she got the same thing but she didn’t. She told you to wear it since it was given to you. You agreed and decided to wear it.

You opened it and it was a black lace cocktail dress. You loved it. You laid out the dress and went to wash off the chlorine smell. When you finished and walked out, you were expecting Seunghyun to walk through the door again.

An hour later Aeri was knocking on your door. You put lip-gloss on and went to let her in.

“Ready?” she grinned, “They’re waiting downstairs.”

“Oh are we eating downstairs?” you asked.

She nodded not looking pleased herself. You didn’t want to annoy her anymore than she was so you smiled.

Downstairs the guys were waiting in the lobby dressed oh so classy. You couldn’t help but scream internally. You’d never thought you would be in Japan having dinner with your favorite group.

Aeri went straight to Jiyong as you joined them and you simply smile at them.

“Why didn’t you get a table?” Aeri asked Jiyong.

“Well,” he wrapped an arm around her waist, “We thought since you two have never visited Japan before that we would go to our favorite Sushi place.”

You grinned liking the idea of sushi.

“She’s in” Jiyong smiled, “Hello, I’m Kwon Jiyong.”

“Hello.” You replied, “Kim Jaeni.”

“So sushi?” he asked.

“Yes.” You smiled.

“Let’s go then.”

He went first with Aeri and the rest of you followed. It was a little awkward since you weren’t really introduced to everyone. You hesitated in following them but then Seunghyun looked at you and smiled. He held out his arm and you took it. You blushed like a girl on her first date so you kept your eyes on the ground, hiding it from him. You all got into a car that was waiting for you right outside the door.

“Aren’t you worried about fans?” you asked to no one in particular.

“No, they don’t know where we’re staying… yet.” Seunghyun answered.

“So you’re fan?” Jiyong asked, “Aeri mentioned it.”

You nodded feeling a bit embarrassed for answering. You glanced around the car and they all just smiled at you. It made you feel a little bit less embarrassed.

“No need for introductions then?” he t

Please log in to read the full chapter