Twelve

The one that got away.
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Again!” Hyunjung yelled.

You took a deep breath and started playing the same song for the 20th time. But it’s not like you were keeping count or anything.

The song finished and everyone including the boys stared at Hyunjung. She was nodding her head and it looked like she liked the last rendition.

“Good.” She smiled, “That was really good.”

Everyone let out a breath of relief and relaxed.

“It’s almost Eleven so why don’t we call it an early night?” she nodded, “But I’ll see you boys early tomorrow. Same time as usual.”

The group labeled “Winner” was so exhausted they could only nod.

“You guys were amazing. Good job.” You called out.

“Thanks Jaeni noona!” Taehyun bowed, “You were great also.”

You smiled as the rest of the boys left.

“Okay, can I leave you to clean up the rest of the room?” Hyunjung asked you.

“Sure,” you nodded, “It’s not much anyways.”

“Great. See you tomorrow.” She nodded then left.

When the door closed the sound echoed around the room making it seem emptier than usual.  There were other people in the other practice rooms but it still seemed empty. You stretched your back then began cleaning the piano.

You always loved playing it. It was your favorite instrument. You remember practicing for hours in front of your dad. He was always your number one supporter.

Even when your mom wanted you to focus only on school your dad would take you to extra piano practice on Sundays. Your mom always thought you two went to a coffee shop for extra tutoring.

You laughed remembering when your mom finally found out the truth. They got into such a big fight over it.

You really missed them.

After you lost your parents you could only sing 2ne1’s “It Hurts”. The chorus during the first few weeks they were gone always made you cry. The song wasn’t specifically about your situation but how the girls sung it always made you think of your parents.

You opened up the piano again and started playing it.

You could feel the tears coming down your face as you played.

All you could think about were your parents.

You could see their smiling faces.

See you dad giving your mom a peck on the cheek.

You running to them on the day you all went to the beach.

Your mom yelling at you for not doing finishing your homework.

By the time you were finished you felt completely exhausted.

The sounds of clapping brought you back to the practice room. You jumped and turned to the door.

It was Hyunjung.

“Wow!” she clapped walking in.

You stood up feeling really embarrassed.

“I didn’t see you.” You smiled.

“I forgot my cellphone and I am glad I did.”

“I think that was even better than 2ne1’s version.” She continued.

“You’re being way too generous.” You laughed.

“No, I’m not.” She said walking over to you. “We need to tell the president.”

“Tell him what?” you asked nervously.

“To sign you! Make you a singer!”

“A singer?!” you laughed, “I could never.” You grabbed your jacket and purse.

“Not yet.” Hyunjung smiled, “We’re having our monthly meetings

Please log in to read the full chapter