Four

The one that got away.
Please log in to read the full chapter

You heard the front door opening soon after that you felt Aeri get into bed. You looked over your shoulder and she was already fast asleep then you fell asleep as well.

In the morning you were the first one awake. It was almost noon when you did. You walked into the kitchen and poured yourself some cereal. After that you plopped yourself in front of the TV.

Your phone was on the coffee table and you forgot that you left it behind last night. You turned it on and within seconds you had two messages. Honestly, your stomach was doing backflips as you opened up your messages.

One was from Seunghyun and the other was from Dongwoo.

You closed your eyes and randomly picked one to read first.

It was from Dongwoo.

Hey, hope you got home safe. Tonight was fun. See you tomorrow ;)

You smiled then opened up Seunghyun’s message.

Hi. Save my number okay? I’ll contact you soon – SH.

You lightly smiled, saved his number then put your phone away. You had the biggest smile on your face.

An hour later Aeri walked out and joined you on the couch. You looked over at her and she looked so tired but yet she still looked good.

“How are you?” you asked.

“Tired.” She yawned.

“And how was last night?” you chuckled.

She turned to you with a huge smile.

“Amazing. He’s really great.” She giggled.

You were happy for her and continued to listen to her talk about her night with Jiyong. After a few minutes she was done.

“So how was your night?” she sipped her tea, “I saw you dancing with that guy that helped you paint…”

“You did?” you blushed.

“Of course! So did you guys leave together?”

“No.” you shook your head, “Seunghyun drove me home.”

“HE DID!” she half yelled.

You nodded.

“How was that? Did anything happen? I didn’t even see you guys talk at all.” She rambled.

You looked at her confused.

“What?” she raised her eyebrows, “Something on my face?” she touched her face as she asked.

“No, umm… Didn’t you ask him to take me home?”

She shook her head.

“But that’s what he told me. That you asked him to take me home.”

“He did not.” You put her tea down, “I didn’t ask him to do that.” She giggled.

You rolled your eyes. Great, so she did just leave me at the club you thought.

“So you just left me?” you were annoyed.

“Sorry. It was just spur of the moment.” She picked up her tea again, “You know.”

Not exactly, you thought.

“So, what happened?” she continued.

“Well… he did… ask me out.” You smiled.

“Really!” Aeri grinned but then it disappeared.

“What?” you asked.

“Well, they’re going to Japan for a week.” She frowned.

“Why are you frowning?”

She sat there contemplating telling you or not but a few seconds later she looked at you.

“Aren’t you upset?” she murmured, “I mean it’s a week.”

You stood up and walked over to the kitchen.

“No, not really.” You shrugged pouring yourself a bowl of cereal. “It’s a week.”

“That’s a long time.” She got up, “Aren’t you worried that he’ll meet another girl?”

You had cereal in your mouth so you shook your head. Why would you worry? You only just met him.

“Alright then.” Aeri plopped on the couch.

You stared at her with a little bit of annoyance. But then you remembered that Jiyong was gone too and that she was probably the worried one. With a night like hers you would be worried too.

You walked over to her and sat down. You hugged her and she let out a sigh. A few minutes later her phone rang.

“It’s him!” she smiled showing me her phone.

“Answer it!” you told her.

She nodded then picked up. You didn’t bother listening and went to take a shower. When you came out you weren’t expecting this.

Aeri was packing her bags.

You stopped and stared at her. She was running all over the room stuff

Please log in to read the full chapter