Third Day

My Only One

Chanyeol opened his eyes to see a white ceiling. He was a little confused since he had thought he had died from the accident, but apparently he didn't if he was lying in a bed at the hospital. He tried to move but it was far too painful. His legs wouldn't move, this made him scared. The doctor walked in just in time to see Chanyeol grab one of his legs and fling it off the bed.

"Whoa! Mr. Park! What are you doing!?" The doctor rushed to Chanyeol forcing his arms off of his other leg before he could fling it off the bed also.

"I have to see Baekhyun! I need to know if he is alive or not!" Chanyeol grabbed the doctors collar of his coat, "You must know Byun Baekhyun. He was in the accident with me. Please you must know if he is alive or not." Tears formed in Chanyeol's eyes as he prepared for the worst.

"He is fine. You can't see him right now...he is...resting." Chanyeol released his grip on the collar and sighed in relief. the doctor helped Chanyeol place his left leg on the bed again.

"How long have I been asleep? It feels like I have been sleeping for a year now." Chanyeol said stretching, "Oh anything thing....what the hell is wrong with my legs?!"

The doctor grabbed a chair to sit on before beginning, "Do you remember the accident at all?" Chanyeol nodded, "well the second impact caused your door to cave in crushing your legs. Your bones are fine surprisingly, it is just your muscles. That is why you can't move your legs well, there was metal everywhere in both legs, gashes. In other words the muscles in your legs were torn in several spots close to the ligaments." Chanyeol stared blankly. "Also you have been asleep for exactly 1 day."

"So once my muscles are healed I can walk again?"

"Yes, but therapy is needed. walking again will be difficult at first." Chanyeol held back his tears. He knew that when he could walk again he would be able to face Baekhyun again and apologize for what happened that day. The doctor walked out and no sooner did D.O and Tao walk in.

"Hey man! You are up." Tao said.

"Glad to see you awake again." D.O said placing a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol smiled.

"Can you guys do me a favor?" Chanyeol asked. D.O and Tao looked at each other before agreeing. "Great! Can you guys get me a notebook or a stationary? I want to write letters..."

His two friends looked confused but said okay and walked out returning 20 minutes later with 10 stationaries. "This is enough right?" Tao asked. Chanyeol nodded and asked for them to leave.

Chanyeol began to write the first letter;

 

'Baekhyun. MY Byun Baekhyun. I woke up finally...exactly one day...I think that is the most I have slept in a long time. I hope you can forgive me for causing all of this. For putting both of us in the hospital in this condition. I was told you were resting and cannot see you at the moment. So that is why I am writing this letter. I will write one until the day I can see you again. I know I shouldn't be this happy, but because we are both alive I can't be anything but happy. I want to apologize to your face but I guess this letter will have to do for the moment. I am so sorry for ignoring you for that whole week. For accusing you of cheating on me. When you were defending yourself I knew that you weren't in love with Chen but my mind was telling me otherwise. That is why I kept fighting with you in the car. And if I would have just listened more to you that night the accident would have never happened. Baekhyun I love you with all my heart and I promise that if you ever want to see Chen again, any man in fact, that I won't get so jealous. I know you are just friends with them, so there is nothing to be jealous of right?'

 

 


"I forgive you Yeol...I know you well enough to know that what you did was not intentional. I love you also and want to see you soon...I wonder if you know I am awake yet." Baekhyun said as he folded that letter back up and grabbed the next one.