Dusk

Arranged Marriage with Luhan

Dusk. theredeyedwolf.

It was about dusk when all of us have decided to lay down on the grounds of a certain park. I did not know that they have planned this ahead of time though, since I have not heard a single word about this topic, but I guess this would do.

We came unexpectedly late, but they told me that they had it planned. And although I think it should have been better if we settled our camp before sunset, I guess all of them agree with another perspective when it comes to sightseeing. I just went with the flow, since I know that they create firm and wonderful decisions.

 “What are we doing here? I didn’t know what even brought us here.” I joked as Kris brought the cake we baked on the mat. I saw that its design was pretty pour though, but I know it tastes well.

 All of them laughed as Kris frowned at them.

They explained to me that Kris has been continuously discussing the constellations that he saw in an exhibit for a straight week, with him narrating that it was very beautiful. There, they saw hints which Suho perceived, which left him with asking Kris if he wanted to see one.

“I just wanted to see the big dipper under the moon’s light! What is wrong with that?” He asked as I laughed with them.

Smiling, I leaned back on the tree behind us, and stared at him.

Silence came after they have noticed that I have gotten serious, and I pretty much thank them for doing that.

It’s beautiful, I tell you.” I answered as his eyes widened. Then, after that, he gave a smile which made me feel warm.

The rest smiled too, taking note of Kris’ sentiments.

I then smiled again and closed my eyes.

It has been my daily courtesy to take even a small peek of the smiles of these young men. It was probably one of the major factors that keeps my day on. I do not know why, but it gives me the feeling of security. It also approaches with the warmth comfort and contentment. It was also probably because of the things that had happened to all of us that brought me to this habit. It was probably because I wanted to see if they were doing fine too, and if they were happy.

I stared back at the sky. I have noticed that it is starting to get dark now. Its stars are starting to shine, too. There, all of us rested as we felt the grass’s embraces.

I felt that my mind came upon a few topics, including the one that we encountered a while ago.

     A day has not yet passed though, and I can still recall the events perfectly. But I guess it was fine. It is fine now.

Looking at the other side, I felt that it was not good to narrate what Luhan and I had done, since it would just be a waste of time, and I suppose it would be safe to answer them with just a few hints of success.

I laid down, pointing to the big dipper. I suddenly thought of my brother, whom I think is one of them. I then asked myself these questions: Is he happy? Did I do the right thing? Should I have sought for the justice that I have been finding?

“That was very brave of you.” Luhan said while asking for a space between Kai and I. I then smiled at him and nodded.

“I am very thankful that you were by my side.” I whispered as he stared at the sky. Then, he laid beside me, staring at the dome.

“You know, Kris, I wanted to do this too.” Chen said as I nodded.

It’s very relaxing.” Luhan answered as all of us agreed.

There, we discussed countless things, exchanged secrets, flaws, and many, many more. The conversation sounds lunatic though, seeing that they have been keeping their popular figures for quite a while. But setting these aside, I felt that it was completely normal to see them like this.

The rest of the time was spent on a nap. Seeing that the cold breeze is starting to blow, I know that it was just perfect. And I knew we needed it.

All of us have decided to pack up at nine, since we have agreed to visit the night market. This idea was made possible with discussing the things that we have not yet done, and leading us to coming forth in the name of curiosity, justas Lay stated.

We then placed the mats and the picnic boxes on the car. After that, all of us rode on the car as they played Lucky. I do think it was one of the best songs to listen to on a trip, together with the 3.6.5. one.

 

The rest of the trip was silent, but it was shifted after due to Suho’s will to keep the group united.

“We’ll be playing truth or dare, and everybody should join, except for the driver. We might face the truth if ever.” Baekhyun stated as all of us chuckled.

“Kris, come here, I’ll be the driver for you.” Luhan joked as we laughed.

“Alright. We will be doing a drill, and when someone does not give the right answer, he or she will be asked to do a certain thing, either a confession from a thing we will ask, or a certain act we will order.” He explained as all of us nodded.

“You won’t be an exemption, Kris. Kai will take your place halfway for you to participate.” He said as all of us smirked.

The questions were placed on a can of soda which was set to be picked by the player. There, the game started with Suho being asked what Kris’ favourite color was. Seeing that he always gives us gifts, I know that he could answer it confidently.

“Blue.” He answered and smiled as Baekhyun played the incorrect audio.

“Why? I thought it was his favourite color!” He said as Kris rose and shouted:

“Red is my favourite color, and I feel very sad when you give me blue ones. I wanted to tell you that but I felt ashamed since you were the only one who made efforts to give us gifts. I did not have the right to complain, you see.”. He said as all of us laughed.

 “Alright. Truth, or dare?” Kyungsoo asked as he mentioned truth.

“Were you the one who placed the gum under my study table?” Kai asked as he nodded.

“Oops. I’m sorry.” He admitted as all of us laughed. It was then preceded with questions from the people which he answered truthfully. Budget stealing and stem-cutting was even involved.

The rest went smoothly, until it was passed to Luhan.

His question was pretty much easy, with him being asked what my favourite food was. I figured that he knew, since I always ate ice cream back when I was younger.

“Cappuccino.” He answered and stared at Xiumin, who laughed at his answer. I really did not expect it, since I did not encounter a scene where he saw me drinking one. I did not even got to taste one. But then, all of them asked him to do a few things until it was Xiumin’s turn to request.

“Hug the one you like the most in this group.” He said as all of us laughed. Sehun then was frowning at him, stating that he didn’t much spend time on him, therefore, he finally stated that he sees hugs to be icky. I guess it was the irony that made Luhan laugh, making him nod in understanding, and later on, skipping him. I felt that Sehun really did not want it, since before, the two of them were teased for days. Luhan then stared and saw Kris. There, he stood up and went towards our direction. Since Kris was at my back, I supported him as he went, since he might fall due to motion.

I laughed at what the game led to, and I guess they did too. There, I shifted from my position to see the better view of the hug. I was pretty much expecting this, since I always see them teasing each other, but I was pretty shocked when he smiled at me. Then, he hugged me.

I just closed my eyes and hugged him back, just like what they normally do. Then, I laughed and leant back after releasing myself from the hug.

“Aaw.” I commented.

“But just because I always give you the notes you did not finish.” I answered as all of them laughed.

 

It was not awkward than I had expected, since they quickly forgot about what had happened.

We reached the night market the time we had expected ourselves to arrive. Seeing that many people have already gathered, I felt a sudden jolt of excitement, which I knew they felt too.