Thank You

Arranged Marriage with Luhan

 

Silence fell down until only the drips from the faucet were heard. Although I expect that I would be hearing my voice cringing with sadness, I guess I was left with staring at the white, blank wall in front of me. I was speechless. I was left with nothing to say. I felt empty. Maybe it was because of the shock that came to me upon that revelation. Maybe it was because I was expecting something else. Or maybe, it was because of that.

“You knew.”

I paused.

“You knew, did you not, Jjeolbae?” Mrs. Clara asked me with very curious eyes.

There, I nodded.

“Yes.”

It was not like I knew—I just suspected. I just thought that maybe it was not just Daehyun. Maybe it was not just Kai too. Maybe it was not just Mrs. Clara. And maybe it was not just Taeyang. Maybe there was another person, another one capable of doing something. Another one with a stronger will, and a more passionate heart.

“Since when?” She asked.

“Since I met her.” There, another pause was heard, but this time, I felt filled and contented.

Our silence was interrupted when we felt a figure standing behind the door. I do think it is the doctor, but I can feel a certain tension that makes me ignore my guesses.There, the knob clicked, revealing a person—the one we have been searching for.

A girl stood front, with the same tall built and French complexion. Not much has changed, except the emotion.

“I’m…sorry.” She said with tears in her eyes.

“I know you cannot forgive me, but please, do not forget my deepest apologies. I know I have done something big. I know. I killed a man.”

There, Mrs. Clara sat upright and stared at her.

“I was..selfish. It was very selfish of me. I was just threatening him. But I. I pulled the trigger.” She said, pausing in between of the words, tears flowing on her face.

“You know, Lana, even though you have done so many things to me, I will still forgive you. And even though how many times you will in the future, I still will.”

“You’re my sister, are you not?”

There, Lana turned to embrace her sister. They paused for a while for momentum, and after doing so, she turned to me.

“I’m sorry. I’m very sorry. I hope you could forgive me. I will do everything I can to pay for my sins.” She said, kneeling down to me.

There, I helped her up.

 

“You’re forgiven. You do not need to surrender yourself to the police. I want you to start a whole new life. I want you to see how bright the world is.” I said.

Luhan came up to me, holding my shoulders and smiling at her.

“Start a new life here in Korea. We know you’ll gain something.” He said.

 

-

I found myself walking down the streets with Luhan by my side. Mrs. Clara has been discharged from the hospital wing, and Lana was there to help her. I was not very confident with her, that is why I let one of our butlers to handle the two of them. Luhan helped too. He offered his car for them to be comfortable, and that is why we are here, walking in gowns and tuxedos.

“That one slipped fast, didn’t it?” He asked.

“Pretty much.” I replied to him, earning a chuckle.

“But I’m glad that it’s all finished for you.”

I nodded.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being with me at all times. You know, even though you have been a rebel for the half of your life with me, I still feel happy.”

He then kept silent and continued on walking, pretty flustered.

-

A phone call interrupted the two of us before we could even enter the gate of our house. It was from his phone. There, he told me to wait for a while as he answers.

       I stared at him, but all I gained from him were the words ‘yes’, ‘no’, ’alright’, and ’understood’, which I found very odd. Before, he usually replies with longer dialogues and richer complaints. But now, it was very short. The conversation seemed too short.

“Sabrina again.” He said with a frown. I nodded slowly as we entered the gate.

I found it very sad that we still have problems within our families. I even thought that I would be ending up with this man, but I guess time can change everything. I felt contented with him, but after knowing that we will not be each other, I felt a slight emotion of disappointment. But looking on the straight way, I guess it would be good too, since I do not know what God made for me.

“You’re here.” Chanyeol said, opening the door, laughing at us. I then frowned at him, bringing his smile upwards. He was staring at our attires, which, I think suited his mood very much.

“Alright, alright. Business meeting.” He said and wave his hand. There, the most common shout was heard, making me enter the house.

“What happened, Kris?” I asked as Luhan took his blazer off.

“The cookies got burnt! No problem. I’ll be fixing this!” He said as I nodded and went upstairs to have a change of clothes.

I came down scenting gray smoke. I then rushed to the kitchen to see what is happening. They probably made a mess.

“How do you cook this?” Baekhyun asked while holding a bowl of mixed flour and eggs.

“The cookies are burned.” I said and opened the oven. There, smoke came rushing down as I took the tray out and laughed.

“You forgot to put the eggs!” I smiled at the twelve heads staring at me.

“Are you supposed to put that?” Chanyeol asked as Lay shouted.

“I TOLD YOU!”

“But the dough in the video looks like mixed water and flour!” Tao added.

“You did not even listen to what the chef was saying!”

I smiled at them and laughed, earning their attentions. I just realized that even though I am carrying these twelve people, I cannot feel any weight.

 

Author's note:

I do think the end of this is near. Thank you for everything that you have shared with me, readers. the happiness, etc. I do hope I made you happy.

P.S. I'm sorry I haven't updated. I have been very busy these past few months. And pray for me, by the way. I'm having my spelling quiz bee tomorrow. Thank youuuuuuuuu