This Winter Day

Arranged Marriage with Luhan

I'm very sorry for not uploading soon. We lost electricity for five days. I'm very sorry.

theredeyedwolf, This Winter Day.

I tightened the grip on my coat and took quivering steps as I made my way on the shops behind the pavements. Only a month has passed since I first stepped in this country, yet I have encountered so many people and learned many things. I guess it was because of my easygoing attitude that I made friends, but I know it was also because of the residents who are very open for me to be part of their lives.

I twisted the knob of the door with frosted windows and entered the shop. I don’t know how I came to discover this, but I have started to take fond of hidden shops. This was probably because of my sister’s love for mystery that I myself took a look at.

 There, a man I know very well welcomed me with a warm smile and a slight bow. I returned his gesture with an enormous greeting.

“You will be taking it, I see.” Said he. I nodded gently and stared around the room. Until now, I do not know what to do, nor what to tell. I just can’t bring myself to be a burden to my family, and this is why I am keeping it to myself.

 Taking a pen and a small piece of paper, he sighed and frowned. He was probably afraid to lose a friend, but I keep on telling him not to worry. Carlo, the man in front of me, has been one of the closest friends I had since I went on the streets of Paris. 

He placed the items in front of the counter as his fingers gently the cabinet made of mahogany.

“I really do not expect you to let go easily. Why can’t you just find some bodyguards to help you?” He asked as I shook my head.

“It’s not necessary, and if I were to get one, I would not know if they are really my allies.” I said as he opened the third drawer from the top. Then, I stared at the paper in front of me. I can do this.

I wrote some contents regarding how I perceive the situation. I also gave clues on the things that she has to know. I love my family, and I know that this would be the best thing to do.

The owner of the shop smiled and tore the bear with the threads on the top. After doing so, I placed my letter on the shabby cotton fillings. He did some stitches to finish the thing. I placed some bills on the counter, but he rejected it. I pushed it to him again and frowned, making him give up and accept it otherwise.

“When will you propose to Clara?” He asked as I smiled.

“I won’t.” I replied. He was taken aback at my statement.

“Why? So you were fooling her all along?”

“I am on the verge of death now. I would not want her to get stuck with me forever.  I just want…to love her. I want her to feel that she is loved. I want her to know that someone is here. For her.”

“I will be dropping by here some other time to claim this bear. Please do keep it in your custody. Here is the payment for my deposit. Thank you very much.”

 

--

April 12, 2013.

Bleu Corner, Paris.

A text came especially for me. It was from a number whose sender I do not know. I have not been sharing my number with anyone else except Clara and my family, yet mysteries arise that it knows my name, and my lifestyle. This is the fifth time that I have been receiving it from the same sender, and I know that this is not some normal kind of a threat.

Mark my words, Taeyang. I am watching you. Any time in your life could be the end of it.

-Skies

The first ones I received were details regarding myself, and what I wear on that day. I found it rear for someone to follow me, and I first thought it was Jjeolbae, so I played along. But after I had asked her if she was the one, she denied it wholeheartedly. I know that she is not a fan of playing serious pranks such as this, so I have decided to believe her. She kept on asking the next few days, but I assured her that it was from one of my friends. Clara knew this too, and have been taking legal action. I was pretty much embarrassed that I was the one scared, but I thank her otherwise.

“Oppa, mom and dad left a list on the fridge. I just saw it a minute ago. It tells us to run errands on the marketplace.” She said as I nodded. Then, the two of us have decided to fix ourselves.

She went down wearing light colors which make her stand out, but it’s not like I mind. She looks Korean, so it is natural that she wears like one too.

 

 

-

We have been in much progress now, eliminating eight over ten items on the list. We have decided to rest for a while, not until a message came for my sister.

“Mom tells us to buy food.” She told as I nodded. There, I gave her the bags I am holding and stared at her.

“I will just be the one going. You know what to do when someone approaches you, right?” I asked as she nodded patiently.

“Alright dear brother. Ew.” She teased as the both of us laughed. There, I started crossing the street.

I have known one of the famous stalls that sells delicious meat, and I have decided to let them taste one.

“Is that you, Taeyang?” A familiar voice entered my ears. 

Taking the coins from the cashier, I faced the speaker, and was surprised.

“Daehyun? What makes you here?” I asked and shook hands with him.

“Nothing much. Business and such. How are you doing too? I heard that one of your companies opened a new unit in here.” He narrated as I nodded and smiled.

“Yes. And I know that you are doing good too. I have seen one of your billboards by the city.” I said as the two of us started to walk. We walked by the streets as I abruptly stopped.

I felt a different sensation, one that I have not felt before. I can feel it, I can feel it.

 “For a while. May I excuse myself for a minute? I need to pick something up for my sister.” I said as he nodded. There, I stared at the utterly familiar stall by our side and entered. I quickly asked Carlo to get me one of the bears by the window, just like planned.

I did not expect Daehyun to come, but I know I am feeling something. I just thought that I would be followed by someone, but I guess it was all too obvious.

There, the owner eagerly took my item and acted very well. After doing so, I escaped the shop and came with Daehyun again.

“I am sorry for making you wait.” I said as he nodded and smiled.

We walked by the streets again, until someone familiar passed by.

He is of fair built and beautiful face, one that stands out in the crowd. His family has been one of the prodigies in the Korean industry, and I know that their company will be in partnership with ours someday.

“Kai!” I shouted as he stared at our side and smiled. He then approached us innocently and bowed.

“I did not expect the two of you to be here, hyungs.” He greeted as I nodded and smiled.

“Me too.” The two of us answered. There, we continued walking, with Kai. There, all of us chatted on how much coincidence had happened today. We also chatted about how all of our companies are growing, and how we are doing now. It was not until a text message interrupted us.

Meet me at the highway, just before the Bleu Corner. Now. Really now. Saranghae~

-Clara

I read it as I faced the two of them. I have decided that I cannot let them know. There, I thought of a way in which I could deceive them.

“You know, I can sense that there is someone following us.” I said as the two of them exchanged stares. They stared behind them, and became somewhat nervous. 

“What are we going to do now?” Kai asked Daehyun. There, they muttered ideas quickly but silently. Being rich people, they can feel that lives too, are threatened.

“It would be better if we spit up.” I said as they nodded nervously and followed.

-

I was standing on the street in which Clara told me to go, but she was nowhere to be found. It is getting really cold now, since the cars cannot be used because of the thick snow and the people are inside their houses, drinking hot coffee and resting by the fireplace.

“Oh. Hello.” A voice beamed. It was sharp, but I know that it is from a girl.

I know her. She has her eyes, and the hair color. Her Korean accent is seen in the end of her breath too. No wonder, it’s Clara’s sister.

“Lana?” I asked, and she nodded.

“ I just knew that my sister and you are together. Honestly, I thought that you were going to go for me. I hate you for that.” She said and smiled.

“I was a little confused with that.”

“I’ll go straight. I like you, alright? But I told you a few years ago to stay away from her. She has to fulfil duties as a Bernard.”

Yes. I do remember when she told me to stay away from Clara. She said that her family is very complicated, but I did not listen.

“I will stay away from her if she needs it.” I defended, but she just smiled and pulled a gun out of her pocket.

“Is that so? But it’s too late. Goodbye.” She said and raised it up to my head.

“Why? You don’t have enough reasons to kill me. I can just stay away from her if she needs it.” I muttered and took a step back, but I have known that it was of no use.

There, I saw her frown. Her eyes were different—they are flaring. Flaring with anger, and misguidance. Her words were dropped with utmost confusion and blinded with greed.

“I have reasons other than that. You don’t have to know.”

The trigger was pulled out.

I know that in a few seconds, goodbye will be my last words.

Meet me at the highway, just before the Bleu Corner. Now. Really now. Saranghae~

-Clara

Clara is a very matured person, and I have known for the longest span of time that she does not mention her emotions when writing to me. 

I was fooled by that saranghae.

I do not know Lana’s objectives, but as Clara’s sister,

I forgive her.

“Oppa!”

This will be my last chance to speak. I will give my trust to Daehyun, and to Kai.