That Fateful Day. 2

Arranged Marriage with Luhan

That Fateful Day. 2

The aroma of the coffee being brewed is slowly withering. It has been twenty minutes since I first stepped in the bakery, but no one is yet to come. I guess it was just because I came too early, but I know I just came on the right time—our own time. See, Clara has been very cautious and strict with the time. During meetings and events, she makes sure that she would come at least thirty minutes earlier than usual, just to make sure that she could maintain her punctuality and manners. I have been very used with this, and that is why the two of us have decided to use this kind of time.

“Tae-yang.” A soft voice whispered in my ears. I then turned my head around and saw the one I was waiting for, and the person I was eager to see.

“Clara.”

I immediately stood up and gave her the seat in front of me. I guess she has been walking for minutes, seeing that her posture is not stable.

“Sit down. Have a rest.” I said and offered her the chair. She accepted it wholeheartedly.

“Thank you very much.”

I sat down immediately and offered her the basket of flowers I was holding, apologizing how it was a little bit perished because of my naughtiness (but actually, it was because I have been waiting for minutes).  We made a chat for a while. How we missed each other and how we are going now. It was fun, really.

I stared around the bakery. It did not sound romantic, and the seats were wooden—not comfortable for the lady in front of me to sit on.

“Let’s go.”

“Off to where?”

“Somewhere.”

Although I do not know where restaurants are located at, I wanted to show that I care about her, even with the most little things.

I shifted streets and streets, until I found a restaurant that fits the two of us.

“Let’s come in.” I invited and escorted her in. We were first welcomed by a man in suit, looking like a butler waiting for his master to come. He greeted us with good morning as the two of us greeted back.

I felt a little bit lucky because of the restaurant that I chose. It was fully furnished and very elegant. In here, I can see her smiles and her eyes filled with contentment.

Seats were provided for the two of us as the butler retreated from guiding us. We immediately bid our gratitude as I assisted her in making herself comfortable.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.”

The waiter handed us a list of meals that they are offering, but I just let Clara choose.

“Do you want some soup?” She thought as I nodded happily and stared at the printed paper. There, she folded it neatly and placed it on the table as I called for the waiter.

-

“How have you been?” I asked her as she nodded and smiled at me.

“I’m fine. How about you? How’s your business going? I heard that it’s going very well. Your stocks are good too, as I can see.”

“Yes. We are planning to merge a few properties with the Lu’s, but I do not know how. My sibling and their son is going well. I don’t know. I often see them quarrel, but I guess it’s just natural for them. They’re kids. How about you? I heard that your family’s planning to invest on a business involving jewels.”

“Yup. They’re actually starting it now. They have been contacting various people to help them out, and they said that it is going very well.”

“I’m sure that one will reach Korea very well. I’ll help you promote it.”

“Are you serious?”

“I am. Let’s do it together.

--

 

The days went well with her, and I have been talking to her secretly. My mother and my sister are already giving me questioning looks, but I just act normally like the Taeyang they know.

 

 

April 3, 2013.

3:00 A.M.,
Kim Residences, Paris.

“Taeyang, let me remind you of that Daehyun. Their company has been plotting something against us. Watch your actions very carefully, and threats may come, so prepare a letter that would notify our girls regarding the things that may happen. Who knows, we might get on an accident one day. I am not threatening you. I am just stating the possibilities.” My father stated. He woke me up this early just to tell me to be careful with my actions.

It has been a few days since the threat leaked out. Its sources were jammed, but the messages were left. Text messages, mails, emails, and every means of communication—they were handed out, solid and clear. I was not afraid for myself, I was afraid for my family. I have also been seeing Clara secretly, since I also do not want her to get involved with this. All of them have bright futures, with or without me, and I would not want to ruin that.

 

-

9:00 A.M.

“Where are you going, oppa?” My sister asked as I fixed my coat. My mother was chopping vegetables for our lunch, and I was a little bit sad that I cannot join them for today.

“I’ll just walk, and don’t even think of joining me. It’s raining, you see.”  I explained as Jjeolbae stomped back to her seat and continued reading the book she was holding.

This day, I should have everything planned, since I myself do not know what lies in the future. I have been used to this place, being in here for almost a month. I knew the shops and the stalls, the malls and the halls.

“I would like to purchase the violet bear over there, sir.” I said, pointing to the bear by the counter.

“Alright, Taeyang. You could place your message over there. I have heard from your father.” The owner said as I smiled placidly.

“Is that so?” I asked as he nodded and smiled. I was writing the letter for my sister, a little bit dazed, and a little bit nervous.

I stopped.

“Could you please keep this one? I will be paying for it instead. I’ll be picking it up when the time comes.” I explained as he nodded and took the bear I was holding. After doing so, he made me peek on the price as I took the money and gave it to him. He kept it sealed on the cabined by his left, just by the storage room. Then, he issued me a receipt and a stub for claiming.

“Thank you very much.” I said as he nodded.

I cannot bring myself to write the message for her.

I…can’t leave them.