Not Yourself Anymore

I've Got Your Back

Your POV

-----

I groggily woke up and found myself in the sickbay.

I rubbed my eyes and stifled a yawn. My tummy started to growl loudly as I checked the time.

*Just nice. Its break time*

I carefully got up and reached for the door.

As soon as I got out, I spotted JunHyung Oppa. I waved for him.

But apparently, he was busy talking to JiEun. I shrugged and strolled off.

Suddenly, I felt a bare, warm hand pulling me away. I quickly turned around only to see Jiho waving at me.

I awkwardly smiled and waved back.

*I never thought this kind of guy can have so much aegyo in him*

“Lunch?” Jiho signaled, pointing towards the cafeteria.

I nodded and clutched my belly.

I haven’t been eating heavy and proper meals since two days ago.

It’s just that I’ve lost my happy and bubbly self, not to forget my huge appetite for food.

Before going to the cafeteria, Jiho followed me to my locker to grab my stuffs.

As soon as we head for the cafeteria, Junhyung Oppa stopped in tracks.

His wide and cheerful smile fell. I stared into his eyes and rushed for a hug from him.

However, something was wrong.

Instead of hugging me back, he pushed me away hard.

I fell flat on the ground.

Jiho’s eyes widened instantly. His eyes raged with fury and his knuckles turned white.

Instead of helping me up, he went to give a blow onto Junhyung Oppa’s face.

“Jiho, andwae!”

I stood up and tried to stop the squabble between the two.

They threatened each other and cussed under their breaths.

I was looking at Junhyung Oppa. Dismayed, I pulled Jiho with me and walked away.

When it was far enough to have him out of sight, I raced toward the rooftop.

Jiho caught up with me.

Sighing, I let down a tear.

“Aye, gwenchana. I’m here. You’re okay. Let me see if you’re hurt. Hmmmmm.. your heart. It hurts right?”

He lifted my face up and wiped away my tears.

His words ensured me that it would be okay.

Why is Junhyung Oppa acting weird these days. He stopped replying to my messages or even answering my calls. He would spend time with his friends or tutoring JiEun after school. Whenever he passes by me, he doesn’t bother giving me a hug or kisses like he used to.

*Oppa, what’s wrong with you?*

Knowing that I needed a hug, Jiho boldly pulled me in and hugged my.

My soft sobs escalated to loud and sorrowful cries.

All he did was protecting me from the sun and let me cry all I wanted in his shoulder.

Upset, I hugged him tighter.