♡ Chapter 006

♡ Greatest Love ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Andrew’s POV]

As soon as I leave the two best friends, I felt my heart skipped a beat. I don’t know why but when I saw Hana’s smile, it brighten up my day. We’ve know each other since we were in 1st year high school. We’re friends and I’m grateful to be his friend. She only has Nicole as her true friend; they never parted. It’s my first time to see Hana smile like that, maybe because they won? Oh c’mon, what’s in my head right now?

“Andrew!!!” I turned around and see the person who’s calling me. It’s Nicole.

“Yes Nicole? What’s the matter?” I asked.

“You left your bag, here” She handed my bag to me. Why did I leave it?

“Thank you, Nicole”

“You’re welcome! Oh and by the way, thank you very much for inviting us.”

I chuckled, “No worries, Nicole. Really.” I feel my heart jumped when I heard a very familiar voice; Hana is running towards us.

“Nicole...” She was panting. No wonder she run so fast.

“Hana, why? Why are you panting?” Nicole asked. And I’m just staring at them. I’m worried.

“M-My..,” she sighed deeply and continue her words, “My sister called. Mom was brought in the hospital” she panted quickly. My jaw drops same with Nicole.

“I’ll give you a ride. Let’s go there now” I offered and we ran to the parking area where my car is. As soon as they get in, I drove the car to the hospital.

 

 

[Hana’s POV]

“Oh my, Ha Min, Ha Yi! What happened? Where’s mom?” I asked them. They look so worried, well who wouldn’t be?

“Depression. “ My sister answered.

“It’s my fault. If I didn’t brought up that topic, this won’t happen.” My brother muttered, feeling guilty of what happened.

“Why? I don’t understand.” I stated and sighed.

“We’ll explain later, Hana. For now, assist your friends. We can handle this.” My sister said. And yes, I almost forgot, Nicole and Andrew are with me. I mentally slapped myself for forgetting the people who helped me to go here. I walked to them and forced a smile.

“What did they say?” Nicole asked.

“They say its depression.” Nicole pats my back and I leaned my head on her shoulder.

This is not new to us, mostly to my siblings. They have encountered this long time ago up until now. Sometimes, I observed mom that she’s having headache every time she recall something from the past. It’s my first to see my mom like this, being brought to the hospital.

“Thanks, Nicole” I muttered. Those are the only two words left from my mouth.

 

 

[Author’s POV]

Tomorrow morning...

Hana went to school with a heavy heart. She’s walking alone on the garden and sits on a near bench. Their mother is still in the hospital; good thing that her mom has awaken and just need to rest.

As she is enjoying the view in front of her, someone tapped on her shoulder—it’s Andrew.

 

 

[Hana’s POV]

I felt a soft hand tapped on my shoulder.

“Andrew! Yes?” I smiled at him, wondering why he’s here.

“Hello Hana! Did I scare you?” He asked and I just chuckled.

“No, no you’re not. What’s up?” This is the first time in my 17 years of life that I’m the one who bring up the conversation.

“I’m great and... looking great.” He winked at me and I just hide my face when I blushed. There is an awkward silence between us and I don’t know what to do. I’m just really shy at all!

“How’s your mom?” Finally he breaks the silence.

“She has awakened. She just needs to rest for the meantime.” I smiled.

“I see. That’s good.” He replied. I just nodded, and again, here comes the awkward silence.

He clears his throat, seems like he’s going to say something so I faced him and anticipated on it. He looked into my eyes.

“Well Hana, I believe you knew already about your best friend leaving to Korea. So... I want to invite the both of you to have bonding moments. Like visiting the Union Square, museums, the Golden Gate Bridge,  and ride the cable car; each of the places here in San Francisco. I’m sure we’ll enjoy it and you girls are going to missed this.”

I nod my head and smiled, “Well explained. Have you asked Nicole already?”

“Not yet. I was about to tell her but you’re the one whom I saw first.” He muttered.

“Too bad. You must ask her first if you’re going to include me.” I muttered and grinned.

“Why so?”

“It’s just... I never asked permission from my mom because she’s not going to allow me, unless I’m with Nicole and she’s the one who ask permission.” I explained, honestly enough.

“That’s... over protective of you.” He grinned.

“Because I’m the youngest, that’s why.” I shrugged.

We get to know each other better as we share a little of our background. It’s quite uncomfortable for me thou, in some ways, because this isn’t really my way. Somehow, the pain inside me is lessening. After some time, our conversation was interrupted by the loud voice coming from a distant.

“HANAAA!!!! ANDREWW!!!” No wonder, it’s my best friend shouting like there’s a fire on a roof.

I stand up and wave my hand; I’m very happy to see her. “NICOLE!!!” I hugged her.

“How’s auntie? I heard she’s awake. Aren’t you going to visit her?” she said in a sweet voice.

“I’m about to. I’m just waiting for you.” I muttered and chuckled.

“Aww that’s too sweet, darling. By the way, what are you doing here?” She asked furrows her eyes at me.

“What? We’re just talking. And hey, he’s going to say something.” I nudged Andrew’s elbow.

“Oh... yes. Actually, I want to invite the two of you to have an outing for a day. Let’s have a tour around San Francisco!” He said in an exciting voice.

“That’s great!!! Aww, I’m gonna miss San Francisco!” Nicole giggled.

~bell rang~

“It’s a sign of going to my next class” Andrew sighs,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter