♡ Chapter 005

♡ Greatest Love ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DECEMBER 1999

It’s been 17 years after Min Jung and her kids left Seoul, Korea. They went to San Francisco, California and stayed up for 17 years. Ha Min is now 24 years old, Ha Yi is 23, and Hana is 17. It’s winter day in San Francisco, the feeling of Christmas is coming. Everyone seems excited. But the Lee family is busy preparing stuffs about the things they left in Korea.

It’s early in the morning; Lee Hana is fixing herself for school.

“Hana, your friend’s waiting! You’ll be late!” Min Jung yelled in American accent.

“Yes mom, I’m coming!” Ha Na replied; she went downstairs from her room, seeing her friend waiting for her in the living room.

“Nicole! I’m sorry I keep you waiting”, Hana told her friend, Nicole.

“No worries Hana. I’m used to it” Nicole chuckled giving her friend a sarcastic smile.

Hana chuckled. “Mom, we’re leaving now. I prepared a cup of tea there for you, near the microwave.”

“Thanks sweetheart! You girls take care, okay? Wear your sweater, Hana! Bye!” Min Jung waved to her daughter and to Nicole as they step out of the house.

Hana is like her mother, Min Jung; she’s a bit shy, charming, and very smart. Hana never had a hard time communicating with the people around her since she was born in California. She never knew about what happened to her family back in Korea. She never knew about her father; her mom and her siblings just keep on telling her that their father died before she was born. It was pretty hard for them to lie to Hana, but it’s for her own safety to keep her away from harm.

Nicole, Hana’s best friend in California, is a half American and half Korean. They get to know each other when they were in kindergarten. They never parted to each other: they’re always together in break times and go to one’s house to hangout. Nicole is very friendly and an enjoyable, happy-go-lucky friend.

It’s their second semester in school and both of them are now on their Grade 11 (1st year college).

*IN THE HOUSE OF LEE*

Ha Yi, who just woke up from her sleep, went downstairs to eat breakfast.

“Good morning mom! What’s for breakfast?” HaYi asked who is still yawning.

“Don’t tell me you sleep late last night, do you?” Min Jung replied.

“Oh c’mon mom, you know how hard working your daughter is” Ha Yi grinned getting milk inside the fridge; her mom just chuckled on her elder daughter’s cuteness.

“Mom, did Hana leave? Why so early?” Ha Yi asked.

Her mom nods, “Yes she did. She’s with Nicole. You know how stick they are to each other.”

“Well mom, I’m just thinking... why don’t we spend Christmas in Seoul? I missed there.”

Min Jung froze when she heard the word ‘Seoul’. Ha Yi sometimes has little memories back then for she was 6 years young only that time.

“Mom, hello?! Are you okay?” Ha Yi snapped at her mom.

“Oh I’m sorry Hayi. You mean, in our hometown?” Ha Yi just nods.

Min Jung sighs. “That’s what I’m not sure yet. After 17 years of having a peaceful life here, I don’t think we can go back there.”

Ha Min, the eldest heard his mom and his sister what they’re up to, and then he butted in, “Mom, it’s been 17 years. Things might have changed there. I’m sure when we get there; father will regret what he’d done.”

“Ha Min! What about Hana? She doesn’t even know any single detail. Didn’t we talk about this before? I want to protect Hana from your father, your father’s family. What she know is that her father died. Let’s not put too much burden on your sister, please?” Min Jung left a deep sigh.

“I’m sorry mom.” Ha Min apologized.

Min Jung smiled and went to the kitchen leaving the two in the dining area.

“Yah oppa! Why did you even say that?! Mom doesn’t want to remember what we experienced there. You know it’s very depressing to her, even us.” Ha Yi exclaimed.

“Yes yes I know. I’m sorry. My fault. But, why mom is so scared that she protects too much to Hana?” Ha Min shrugged.

“That’s what I’m not sure of, oppa!” Ha Yi answered.

 

**FLASH BACK*
(SEOUL, KOREA~~~ 17 YEARS AGO)

It was the day when Min Jung and her kids departure to California. Before they leave, Min Jung dropped off to the Chairman’s office to inform him of her leaving.

“Mr Kim, I want to thank you for taking care of me and trusting me. I’m sorry but I can’t stand anymore your son.” Min Jung said.

“I understand Min Jung. You can go now with your kids. Let that jerk be rotten with that woman.” Mr Chairman Kim replied.

Min Jung bowed to chairman and walked to the door.

“Oh... wait Min Jung. I have a favour to ask. If it’s okay, I want to get my youngest grandchild once you plan to come back here.” Mr Kim smirked.

Min Jung felt her goose bumps and started shivering, “Young-Youngest g-grandchild?”

“Yes! My youngest grandchild, Ha Yi! Isn’t she the youngest?” Mr Kim walked towards Min Jung, who is completely shaking from nervousness. “Or... maybe... there is another one? Hm?” he smirked.

Min Jung just sighed deeply and left the Chairman’s office.  That time was when Min Jung carrying Hana on her womb for a month.

** END OF FLASHBACK **

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter