Mr Cheapskate

The Elites Academy

(Zeana POV)

I was so bored since Nara had left and I was left alone at the KBS Studio. 

'Ahh, maybe I'll watch my brother perform some other time. Besides, it's boring here anyway.' - I thought. 

I then made my way to the carpark. While I was walking to my car,

'Ring ring!' my Blackberry alerted a call.

"Hello?"

"Zeana-ah! I really think you should go back to Seattle, don't you think so? I'm really worried about you being here. Do you know how tense and worried I am everytime I think about you. Besides, you're a young lady. It's not nice for a young lady like you to roam around in Seoul by yourself. And ..."

I just rolled my eyes while listening to my brother's lecture.

"Hey bro, listen up. I can take care of myself alright? Trust me. Besides, I've found a friend here already. And she's really awesome! And you know what? Actually I'm kinda busy now. So, I GOT TO GO!"

I cutted his line like it was none of my business and I just ended the call. I opened my car door and seated in the drivers seat. I threw my Blackberry in my Kate Spade handbag on the passenger seat beside me. I started driving heading to my destination, which is the shopping mall. As I was trying to beat the traffic light, it then turned red. So I had to  emergency break, and due to that, my Kate Spade handbag fell down the seat._5760832.jpg

 

"SHIATE!"

And at a crucial time like that, my phone rang again. 

"ERGH!"

I tried to reach out for my handbag. Then the traffic light turned green so I started driving again. I managed to pulled my handbag back up to the seat but I still couldn't find my phone, it was still ringing. I tried to find my phone with my right hand thoroughly searching for my phone while my left hand still on the steering wheel. Due to my loss of concentration on my driving, I accidentally crashed another car in front of me. Fortunately, I managed to kick my breaks so the impact wasn't that bad, for me I guess. I hurried my way out of my car to apologize to the driver. I really, REALLY felt guilty. 

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that! Really! I'm seriously sorry, sir!"

 dalmatian-daniel-2.jpg?w=535

"WOAH! Some kind of a driver you are! Did you like failed driving lessons too many times till the instructor was irritated that he just gave you a pass for driving cos he doesn't need to see you anymore? Or did you like stole that car somewhere and drove it without license?"

"Uhh...excusey moi?" I rolled my eyes and flipped my hair back.

"SERIOUSLY! YOU ARE SUCHA NUISANCE! LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID TO MY BRAND NEW CAR! Do you know how much these repairs will cost? Tell me that you're paying right?" He opened his car door and grabbed his phone.

"Number" He passed his phone to me.

I shoved his phone and hand away.

"WOAH! Puh-lease! I didn't do it on purpose ok, mister!"

"But still, you did crash my car."

"No, I didn't. Hey listen, Mr, err, Mr Cheapskate! First of all, I didn't do it intentionally! Second, I was eagerly searching for my phone since there was a call waiting to be answered so I lost my concentration. So I was multi-tasking, you see?"

"Do I look like I care about your story? No, I don't. The main thing now is that you are going to pay for my car maintenance, and I am going to ask for your number so that I can contact you once the maintenance is done for you to pay. It's that simple! Deal? Oh, and it's Mr Chae by the way. Daniel Chae. Not cheapskate." He gave me a lame look on his face.

I was gasping for air, getting ready to shoot and attack him back but before I could even utter a word, he interrupted.

"Look on the bright side, at least I'm not gonna drag you to court. That would be embarrassing for you, right? That's gonna ruin your reputation and pretty face, right?" He gave me an evil yet irritating smirk.

He passed me his iPhone 4 again, hinting me to pass him my number. I just wanted to end the squabbling with him since there were bunch of crowds watching us. 

'What? You think this is a free show huh?' - I thought.

I tapped my number into his phone and violently gave his phone back to him, nearly hitting his stomach causing him to jerk back a little. 

"Woah, watch it, tough lady." He shrugged.

I just backed off and went in my car. He went inside his car and watched as I drove past him. 

'What an ungentleman guy! Daniel Chae, huh? Pathetic cheapskate!' - I thought, as I was driving back to the mall.

When I reached the mall, while parking my car, I checked my phone. 

'31 missed calls from Jay Bro'

"ARGH!"

I locked my car door and walked away, heading towards the shops. I felt vibration coming from my phone.

'Text message from Jay Bro'

I opened the text.

'Zeana Park, ANSWER MY CALLS! Where are you? Got into some trouble again? TELL ME THAT YOU DIDN'T RIGHT?!'

I replied: 'Sometimes, you can be seriously annoying! And yes, I crashed someone's car. Happy?'

I then switched off my phone and starting my shopping spree, trying to forget EVERYTHING that had happened earlier on.