t w o

If You Loved Me
The next day, the members of Infinite spent most of their morning practising for their comeback and everyone was a little surprised that Sunggyu gave them a whole day to rest. Myungsoo and Sungyeol were the happiest as they then used that time to spend some quality time together outside. Woohyun wanted to bring Sunggyu out for a movie but Sunggyu wanted to stay in dorm to make sure Hoya was alright. 
"Don't worry... Hoya has Dongwoo..." Woohyun said. "I'm sure nothing will happen with the two of them together." Woohyun joked around by attempting to rap to Infinite-H's Victorious Way. Sunggyu still didn't feel safe, so he asked suggested staying in the dorm watching variety shows instead. Woohyun knew that that was what Sunggyu wanted and he listened to his hyung obediently.
 
"Hyung-ah!" Sungjong came back to bug Hoya again. "I want to teach you something!"
"Hmm? What is it? Shouldn't you be asking me to teach you some dance moves?" Hoya asked. 
"I figured that since you taught me how to dance better, I should teach you something I know as well!" Sungjong said.
"Alright... If you say so..." Hoya said.
Sungjong then brings Hoya to Infinite's music room where the piano was. 
"You're teaching me how to play the piano?" Hoya asked.
"Yup! Come on! It's really easy!" Sungjong said enthusiastically. 
Sungjong picked Hoya's hands and gently placed them on the piano keys and he slowly guides Hoya into playing a simple tune. 
"I remember how Myungsoo hyung would play this tune on the guitar for me... But then he stopped playing it, as if he forgotten about the tune, or forgotten about me... when Sungyeol came along..." 
Hoya then came into realization that Sungjong likes Myungsoo. 
 
Sungjong's hands stopped. "Don't get the wrong idea... Ever since Myungsoo started going out with Sungyeol, I'm starting to feel very lonely..." Sungjong was trying his best not to show how depressed he appeared. "So I turned to the next person I have... which was you..." 
It then hit Hoya. What is going to happen to Sungjong when he goes...? Hoya brought his arms around Sungjong's shoulder and hugged him.
"Hey, I'm sure Myungsoo and Sungyeol are just really good friends! Don't be afraid to talk to the two of them! I'm sure they're still your friends! I mean... We're teammates, right?" Hoya comforted him. 
"Myungsoo hyung changed a lot... And I'm afraid to talk to Sungyeol sometimes because his height scares me..."
Hoya knows that Sungjong needed Myungsoo, and he needed to be more open towards Sungyeol. 
"Let's not talk about this anymore alright? It will make you sad, and you are really not the best when you're sad." Hoya said, holding Sungjong's tiny face with his two hands, wiping tiny droplets of tears that Sungjong didn't realise was shedding. "Let's continue with the piano alright?" 
 
Hoya was getting better at the piano as he was easily able to play a simple tune on the piano. That was when his head started to spin, but he didn't want to let Sungjong know. He didn't want anyone to know about his condition. He slowly closed his eyes and mentally visualize the piano in his head. Also, to keep him going on, he even imagined himself playing the tune to Dongwoo who was sitting next to him. 
After finishing the song, he opened his eyes and many shades of colours were jumbled about in his vision. He squinted his eyes a little to see better. No one noticed anything, I hope, Hoya thought. Someone was sitting behind Hoya, it didn't feel like Sungjong because Hoya knows that this person currently next to him had just hugged him from behind and he could feel this person's warmth. He knows, Dongwoo was in the room all along when Hoya was playing the piano. 
"That was beautiful... Sungjong has taught you well..." Dongwoo said. 
Hoya smiled gently after hearing Dongwoo's praise. 
 
Hoya could feel the strain in his eyes and he felt sleepy. 
"I want to take a nap..." Hoya said. "I'm tired..." 
"You should rest more, then you'll have the energy to prepare for our comeback that is coming up!" Dongwoo said. 
Hoya walked to their bedroom and collapsed onto the soft bed. Dongwoo just sat next to Hoya on the bed.
"Hey..." Hoya said. "What would you do if you find out I can no longer dance...?" 
Dongwoo pondered for a while. "Uhm... why won't you be able to dance anymore?" Dongwoo asked, jokingly.
"Nah... It's just a random question." Hoya lied. "What would you do?" 
"Well..." Dongwoo paused. "I'll make you be able to! I mean, I'm sure you can't live without dancing, right?"
Dongwoo laughed jokingly while Hoya laughed along. Hoya was trying so hard to fake that laugh, trying not to cry inside him and remain happy... for Dongwoo... 
 
"I shall not disturb you anymore... Take a rest alright?" Dongwoo went closer to Hoya and gave him a tiny peck on his forehead. "Love you..."
 
 
It was at night and the members gather at the dining table. The table was filled with cooked food whose aroma spread around the dorm. Today, Woohyun is in a good mood and he specially cooked food today, especially for Sunggyu. For the whole day, Sunggyu was really quiet and full of thought. Woohyun thought Sunggyu was just not in a good mood, or perhaps he was just tired. Woohyun went to his room to find Sunggyu still staring at the blank television screen. 
"Sunggyu-ah... I cooked food, Let's eat, shall we?" Woohyun gently knocked the door and spoke.
Sunggyu got up, while Woohyun thought he was heading to the dining table, Sunggyu went into Hoya's room. Woohyun secretly followed Sunggyu into Hoya's room, only to see Sunggyu kneeling next to Hoya at his bedside, gently his head.
Woohyun could feel the sense of jealousy just feeling him up, he had this temptation to slam the door shut but he continued watching...
 
"Howon-ah..." Sunggyu whispered. "It's time for dinner..." 
Sunggyu was expecting to see Hoya wriggling in his head, dreading to get out of bed from his nap. However, there was no response. Sunggyu thought that he was not loud enough so he toned up a little and still, no response. 
Woohyun could see that something was not right. Woohyun knows how Hoya will jump up whenever he knows that there's food, but it wasn't like that now.
"Howon-ah!" Sunggyu got worried and he started to shake him and there was still no response. Sunggyu wanted to get up to call the ambulance but then to see Woohyun at the door.
"Howon needs help, call the ambulance... please!" Sunggyu begged.
 
 
Meanwhile, Dongwoo was dancing alone in the dance studio with Sungjong just sitting in the dance studio trying to recall Hoya's dance moves. 
"Thanks for teaching Hoya how to play the piano..." Dongwoo suddenly said.
"That's alright... That's what friends do..." Sungjong said.
"Let's see what Howon had taught you... Let's try dancing together!" Dongwoo said, as he brought his hand out, reaching down to Sungjong. 
"Me...? Dance with you?" Sungjong stuttered.
Dongwoo nodded confidently. "I believe you can do it! I trust that Howon would have taught you well too!"
Sungjong gathered up his courage and confidence and grabbed Dongwoo's hand, pulling himself up.
Dongwoo the music and the two of them started dancing freestyle to the groovy music. Sungjong could feel himself jerking a little but he loved the feeling of dancing freely, just like how Hoya always did.
Whereas for Dongwoo, he felt a sense of emptiness. He did not feel the same way when he dances alone or with someone else that is not Hoya. He didn't feel great at all dancing without Hoya, and he wanted him by his side badly. Dongwoo stopped dancing abruptly and leaned against the mirror plane.
"Let's call Howon to practice, shall we?" Sungjong guessed that Dongwoo wanted to dance with Hoya. 
Dongwoo smiled and he nodded with agreement. Both of them walked out of the dance studio and back in their dorm, to find Myungsoo and Sungyeol back in the dorm at the dining table, eating fragrant home cooked food. "What's this?" Dongwoo asked.
"Woohyun cooked...." Sungyeol said, dumping a spoonful of rice into his mouth.
"Sunggyu left us a note." Myungsoo said, taking out a note clipped between his index and middle finger. 
Sungjong takes it gently from Myungsoo as he continues eating.
Sungjong unfolds the note and reads it with Dongwoo:
 
"Howon had a slight fever, Woohyun and I decided to bring him to the hospital to be checked. Everything's alright, we just wanted to make sure that Howon is well enough for our comeback next week. Woohyun prepared food, go ahead and eat first. You don't have to leave leftovers for us, we're not intending of returning to the dorm tonight. Someone please do the dishes tonight alright? If there's any problems, please text me. -Sunggyu."
 
"Howon hyung was sick..." Sungjong pouted. "No wonder he looked tired..." Sungjong went ahead and sat next to Myungsoo at the dining table.
 
Inside, Dongwoo felt a little guilty. He should have stayed with Hoya in the room while Hoya was resting. But he trusted Sunggyu's words that Hoya will be fine, so he decided to eat dinner. While having his meal, Dongwoo couldn't stop thinking about Hoya as he stared at Hoya's empty seat at the dining table, wishing how Hoya was at the dining table with Dongwoo now.
"Hyung..." Sungyeol said. "Anything wrong?" 
"Nothing... Just thinking about something..." Dongwoo murmured.
"Howon hyung...?" Myungsoo guessed.
Dongwoo pondered for a while before making a decision. 
"I'm going to the hospital..." Dongwoo stood up and walked away.
 
 
===================================
Another update yay~ <3 My O Levels just started yesterday, 1 subject down and 7 more to go~ ;_;
Anyways, hope you enjoyed the update! ^^