Chapter 2

Racing for hearts

 

The answer to Chanyeol's confusion was answered later that evening when he was faced with the worst thing that has ever happened in his life aside from the death of his father and his mother. He felt like crying and bawling. How could such thing happen to him? Why? Why did such thing have to happen? What wrong did he do in his past life to have to suffer such agony? Was it nog enough already that he was parentless since his eighteenth birthday?

He almost could hear his grandpa cackle evilly behind him. His grandpa could really be evil sometimes! If only he could do something, to save his precious, but he was at the moment, powerless. His grandpa had his baby. He couldn't afford to lose his baby.

 

Two hours earlier

"Chanyeol ah... there are days when I am proud of you being stubborn as your grandpa, but there are times I really hate that famous Park trade," grandpa started as he looked at a confused looking Chanyeol.

"Gramps, what are you talking about?," Chanyeol asked.

"I am going to give you one last chance to promise your grandpa this only wish,"grandpa Park said. "Stop racing and take a wife to take care of you,"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at his grandpa. There the story started again. When was his grandpa going to stop?

"I've told you, gramps... I am not going to change my decision and you can't make me," Chanyeol said firmly, crossing his arms stubbornly.

His grandpa nodded as if satisfied at hearing the answer. He produced the famous Park smirk and Chanyeol blinked surprised at the other. That smirk meant something bad. Something VERY bad. And it had something to do with him. Chanyeol shifted a little uneasy on his two feet, wondering what his grandpa had in store for him. He really didn't want to know what his grandpa was going to do, but he had to know too, because he had to know what to do next. And right now, that trademark smirk meant that his grandpa was up to something that he himself couldn't save himself from.

"Okay then... I've kindly asked you to stop your racing and take a wife, but seeing as you refuse adamantly, you leave me no choice but take desperate measures in my hands. From now on, your precious possession will be staying with me and you won't get it back. Not until you come back with a fiance and not race anymore. If you still don't listen, you can say bye bye to your precious,"

With that said, grandpa Park got up from his chair, turning to face Chanyeol with a triumphant smirk on his face.

"Wha? What? You don't... you mean... you... my... No. You don't mean it, do you grandpa?," Chanyeol sputtered out in shock, his eyes widened in realization at what his grandpa meant with those words.

"How can you do that?," Chanyeol asked.

"You don't want to grant your grandpa this wish. So... this is your punishment," grandpa Park said.

In just a second, Chanyeol bolted up from his chair and latched onto his grandpa's arms, like a little kid, tugging on it desperately.

"Grandpa~ let's talk about it... again. I am sure... we can come to... reasonable terms of conditions. Just don't take my baby away~!," Chanyeol cried out on the verge of tears.

His grandpa looked away, knowing that his heart would soften at those crocodile tears of his grandson. He had to be hard this time, or else his grandson wouldn't listen to him and get away with it again.

"Oh, now you want to talk?," grandpa Park scoffed, pulling his arm away from his grandson. "Too late boy! No more talking anymore! Ohohoho! Boohoo! We'll talk again once you come home with a fiance and stop your racing," grandpa Park mocked.

His grandpa walked away cackling evilly, giving orders to a butler to take away the car keys.

 

And thus, Chanyeol was found bawling his eyes out, pouting at the same time. This must be a nightmare! Yes! This must be a nightmare! He should wake up any moment and everything that had just happened would vanish. He would still have his baby in his garage and racing again soon.

But, everything was not a nightmare. It was totally real and happening in front of his eyes at the moment. His grandpa had ordered a butler to back his baby out of the garage. Attempts at trying to prevent the butler to do his job were stopped by his threatening grandpa. His grandpa had actually threatened to beat him up with his walking stick in the open field and would make everyone in the neighbour and even the maids watch the spectacular show if he wasn't to stop with his pitiful crying and begging. 

"Remember, my child... come back when you have a fiance. Maybe you'll get your car back," 

"Grandpa! Come on! Don't you even have a grain of pity for your grandson? Huh? Your only, favourite grandson?,"

"No,"

"Heh? What an old man you are," Chanyeol huffed. He couldn't believe his grandpa. His grandpa actually dared to say 'no' to him. Where did the old grandpa go? The one who gave him everything he wanted?

"Good to know that you know," grandpa Park said happily and with that Chanyeol was left standing at the entrance of his house.

Chanyeol watched his car get backed out of the garage and away along with his grandpa leaving shortly after. He huffed in annoyance, still having a pout.

"My baby...," Chanyeol stomped away angrily, knowing that his car wouldn't come back any sooner. His grandpa had been serious this time. His grandpa had taken his car hostage! Damn it! And until he came back with a fiance and promised to stop racing, he wouldn't be seeing his baby any time soon. Chanyeol was in one word: PISSED!

 

Where the hell will he find someone to make his fiance in such a short amount of time? He knew he wouldn't tie a knot with anyone, not even if someone pointed a gun to his head. It was not worth it. Why did his grandpa had to be like this? Why did he have to take his car hostage? What ever did the poor car do to his grandpa? Nothing. Right, nothing! Then why did his car have to suffer like this? He was sure his car was going to feel lonely without its owner.

"Argh! I hate this!," Chanyeol screamed out loud.

He raked a hand through his hair impatiently as he stormed back into his room. He let a maid pack his bag, since he was going to Kris' private island the next day and he had to be there at 7 sharp. Feeling restless, Chanyeol decided to take a walk outside, just to clear off his mind from the horrid that had just happened. He was clearly in no mood to go anywhere, but he had promised Kris he'd follow along, so he couldn't back out now.

"Okay, gramps... you want to play this game huh? I can play too," Chanyeol snarled to himself.

 

Chanyeol was moping the whole time, not noticing where his feet brought him to. Upon hearing sirenes and screams nearby, he looked up confused at the scene unfolding in front of him. He realized he'd just entered an area that looked familiar to him... and it was his property (he then realized), they had been using. His anger flared up once again. Angry that uninvited guests were using his property as if they owned the place. It was strictly forbidden area. That, his grandpa had made clearly to the authorities. What were those people thinking? He could sue all of them for invading private property if he caught them, but unfortunately, there were too many to catch and Chanyeol happened to be in no mood to catch anyone.

Until a solid body smacked into him violently.

"!," Chanyeol cursed out in surprise and pain when his back came in contact with the ground. A body falling on top of him soon after. What the?

One moment, Chanyeol had been on his two feet and the next he was looking up at the now quickly darkened sky. Chanyeol blinked away the stars dancing in front of his eyes. His back hurt at the impact with the ground and he was about to give the other a piece of his mind. He was more than pissed off now.

However, his words were quickly swallowed and forgotten at the sight of short ash blondie lying on top of him, a petite looking boy. Cute.

"Hey, I am so sorry," the petite boy apologized hurriedly, scrambling up from him as quickly as the other could.

When he finally regained his sight, his breath hitched at the sight in front of him. It was the first time he'd seen such a beautiful creature. It was as if an angel had just fallen from the sky.

"I... I got to go...," the petite boy claimed, bowing in apology again before storming away and with that, out of sight.

Chanyeol slowly got up in a sitting position, trying to comprehend what had just happened. What the hell was that? Who was that kid? Sighing, Chanyeol decided to get up and just go home. His day hadn't been so great after the 'talk' with his grandpa and it couldn't get any worse. 

On his way back to his house, he could only come to one conclusion. The stranger had been at the scene. The stranger had been at the forbidden property and was probably running away from the police. Somehow he felt like he wanted to know more about that stranger. Chanyeol sighed. Maybe a long hot shower would help him relief his stress.

When he was finished taking his shower, he made his way to his bed, ready to go to sleep when suddenly the sound of a phone ringing caught his ears. Odd. He didn't remember having that ringtone. He was sure he had a different ringtone, but oh well... maybe he'd changed it without even knowing it, since he practically changes his ringtone every now and then.

"He-,"

"Yah! Baekie! Where are you? And why ignore my calls man?," a worried voice rang through the phone.

Chanyeol pulled the device away from his ear to look at the phone. His eyes bulged out. This wasn't his phone!

"Yah! Baek! Are you there, man?,"

Chanyeol groaned out involuntarily. Yep, his day couldn't have gotten any worst. It must be when the other bumped into him, that they accidentally swapped phones in the process of haste. Hearing the yelling through the phone, Chanyeol decided to say something. He wanted his phone back and this screaming guy should know where to find that kid who had taken his phone earlier.

"Ahem... this is not who you think you're talking to," Chanyeol said hesitantly.

A pause.

"No? Did I get the wrong number?...No... This is your number, Baek. stop playing," the other replied getting annoyed. 

"This isn't Baekie you are talking to. This is Park Chanyeol you're speaking to," Chanyeol said succesfully ending the other from ranting. "Your friend happened to have taken my phone by mistake. If you could just tell your friend to-,"

"Park... Chanyeol?... As in... THE Park Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol?... Heir to the Park Car Holding? The one who owns about eighty percent of the... car companies in Asia?

"Uh... apparently yes...," Chanyeol replied.

"Oh my god! Baekie is going to have to tell me what happened! I'm Jongdae by the way. And since you're the last one who had seen my friend, you tell me where he is now," 

"W-wait... You got it all wrong, Jongdae, is it? I don't know where your friend is and as much as I want to know, like you do, I can't tell where he actually went. He is the one who has my phone now and I want it back. Maybe we can meet up somewhere and you tell your friend to bring my phone," Chanyeol said.

He was getting impatient by the minute and the other, Jongdae, wasn't making it any better. 

"Aah... The thing is... I have no other way to contact Baek. His phone is the only option," Jongdae explained. "And we lost each other during our run,"

"Where does your friend live then? We go there and switch our phones then," Chanyeol suggested.

"Uh... Well... He-,"

And the line went dead. Chanyeol heard no sound coming out of the phone. Holding the phone away from his ear, he silently cursed at the device. It had just ran out of battery. Great! All dead! Damn it!

A knock on the door brought Chanyeol out of his reverie and a maid announced dinner was ready. He ordered for the food to be brought to his room and started on thinking how to get back his phone.

 

 

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up quite early and begrudgingly, but he had no time to lazy on his bed anymore. It was time to go to Kris. They were going to leave at seven sharp and he wasn't going to risk getting the other on his neck. He had enough headache already and needn't more to pile up on the previous ones. He had decided to deal with that little boy later. When he returned from the short vacation.

The flight with Kris' private jet was quiet, all the passengers fast asleep. It took them approximately two hours to get to the private island and another half hour to greet their friend and employee of Kris at the island.

"Ah... Mr. Wu, Mr. Park and-,"

"Suho hyung, quit the formalities! How have you been?," Chanyeol grinned as he pulled the other in a bear hug. "Ugh... I... Can't... Breathe," Suho wheezed, trying to pull away from the taller one. "Ahahaha... Sorry hyung," Chanyeol apologized sheepishly, letting go of his hyung. Kris and Luhan took their turns to greet Suho, both giving the other a friendly hug.

Chanyeol watched Kris talk to Suho, asking about business resolving around the private island. It was not something new to Chanyeol, since he knew Kris to be a business man everywhere he went and of course if it was in the best of Kris' interest.

When both Kris and Suho finally finished talking to each other, all three friends made their way to the private and secluded area, specially built for Kris. It wasn't the first time Chanyeol had seen the villa. He, Kris and Luhan had known each other for as long as he could remember. They practically grew up together and wherever one went, the other two followed. So, the villa wasn't a new place for Chanyeol at all.

 

"I am taking the top left room," Luhan claimed immediately when they entered the building. "I am taking the right," Chanyeol cried out right after. He then turned to look at Kris and made a dramatic bow, holding both his arms out to his friend. "Leaving oh master Wu with the biggest one in the middle as always,"

Kris only replied with an "hn" and Luhan chuckled in amusement. Chanyeol should've expected such a reaction from Kris. Knowing Kris wasn't one to show any expression. His friend had always been the one who was quiet and reserved. The cool one.

They were about to make their way to their respective rooms, when they suddenly heard some noises from upstairs in one of those rooms. A crash and a crash and then everything went silent. The first thing that went through Chanyeol's head was 'a thief". And Luhan just voiced out his thoughts.

"A thief?," Luhan whispered out. "Let's go find out."

And thus all three friends made their way up the stairs. Chanyeol was following Kris closely, since he was almost as tall as the other, leaving Luhan as the last one. When Kris finally opened the door carefully, they were met with a somewhat messy room and a tall cursing dark haired lad. The next thing Chanyeol knew, Kris was already heading over to the intruder and about to turn the stranger around to face him. Chanyeol stood rooted to the ground, not knowing what to do actually. And then he saw his friend 'flying'.

Chanyeol's eyes widened in surprise when he saw Kris lying on the floor. It was like in the movies when everything went that fast. First he saw Kris standing on his two feet and then going over to the other and the next thing he saw was his friend lying on the floor and the stranger apologizing profusely.

"Kris!," both Chanyeol and Luhan helped their friend up.

He was about to asked whether Kris was alright or not, but Kris had already directed his attention to the stranger. And he watched Kris lash out to the other. Luhan happened to have prevented the intruder from escaping and so Chanyeol kind of felt pity for the other. He knew Kris' temper and it wasn't a pretty one. And right now, he could see veins popping out of Kris' forehead as his friend held on to his abused arm. This was going to be a long, long day.

So after a long tug-o-war between Kris and Tao, the intruder, Chanyeol finally decided to go to his room. He was tired and his head hurt. He only wanted to sleep. And he wanted his baby back. And he still hadn't figured out yet how to bring back a fiance and show his grandpa, so he could get his car back. He had a feeling as if everything was against him now.

 

This vacation was going to .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

A/N:

Aaah.. finally I am finished typing the chapter. Phew. i am really feeling lazy. Sheesh... anyways, I will try not to be too lazy and try my best to update soon. I want to finish writing all the fanfics I have in mind. Still more ideas forming >_>

Thank you for reading and please, do comment. :) Thank you