Tearful Feuds

Against All Odds

Previously..

 

Yonghwa, "Annyeonghasaeyo, Yonghwa oppa. It's been a while". 
Yonghwa didn't answer but shifted uncomfortably at his seat beside Seohyun. 
Jonghyun stared at Ji Yeon strangely and asked, "Excuse me, who are you?". 
Ji Yeon turned to Jonghyun, saying in a snarky tone,

"I could ask you the same thing. I'm Sung Ji Yeon, Yonghwa oppa's girlfriend". 

 


 

 

Everyone turned to stare at Yonghwa after hearing Ji Yeon's words. Seohyun noticed Yonghwa's face darkened noticeably after hearing those words and his lips pursed slightly.

He positively glared at Ji Yeon and warned her, "Sung Ji Yeon".

Ji Yeon however smiled nonchalantly and replied meekly, "Oh, am I wrong ? I meant ex-girlfriend. Is that right, Yonghwa oppa?".

Yonghwa didn't answer her but took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. At that moment, Seohyun suddenly wanted to hold Yonghwa's hand and comfort him.

Without knowing anything about the girl that was standing at the door, she knew it wasn't a person that he wanted to meet at all.

Yonghwa finally asked exasperatedly, "What are you doing here, Ji Yeon?".

"I'm here to visit you two of course" Ji Yeon said cheerfully and sat elegantly on a dining chair. "Waeyo, you don't want me here?" she   lifted an eyebrow as if daring someone to say something towards her.

Yoona shook her head immediately, "Aniyo eonnie, of course we don't mean it that way".

Ji Yeon placed her handbag on the table and announced, "I will be staying here for a few weeks until my father decides which university he wants to send me to further my studies. The States is cool but nothing beats home country".

That was when Seohyun noticed everything on her was branded. Although Seohyun never owned anything branded in her life, she could recognized the Prada handbag and LV high heels from observing the rich customers at the cafe. However, something told Seohyun that this girl wasn't just some chaebol, there was something else to it that Seohyun couldn't figure out.

"Am I welcomed to stay?" Ji Yeon added in after a lack of response from Yonghwa and Yoona.

Yonghwa finally looked up from the table and looked hard at Ji Yeon, "You can stay if you wish".

Ji Yeon looked satisfied, "That's great but.." Ji Yeon gestured to Jonghyun and Seohyun and asked, "Who are these people?".

Seohyun could almost feel a tinge of annoyance towards Ji Yeon. Although she wasn't physically rude to her and her brother, she could feel Ji Yeon addressing them as if they were lower class than her.

Yonghwa cut in, annoyance was clear in his voice as he answered, "These people are my friends, they are living with me for the moment so you better be respectful towards them".

Seohyun's heart skipped a beat when she heard Yonghwa addressed her as a friend. After all the work and effort he put into making her accept his love, was she just a friend at the end of the day?

"Friends?" Ji Yeon stared down at Seohyun's battered jeans and Jonghyun's 'cheap' shirt, "Aigoo oppa, I didn't know you have such friends of low standards".

Seohyun's blood was positively boiling with anger and she was about to jump up and give a piece of mind towards Ji Yeon but Yoona beat her to it. Yoona got up, surprising everyone at the table and said aggressively, "Eonnie, if you can't respect my boyfriend and his sister then don't expect me to respect you" Yoona who was usually so demure and sweet, snapped.

Even Ji Yeon looked surprised at the sudden outburst. "Let's go, Jonghyun" Yoona pulled Jonghyun by the hand and led him out of the dining room in fury.

 

Ji Yeon watched them leave and suddenly snickered at Yonghwa, "Your sister has gained quite the fire since the last time we met. I don't remember her being so fiery".

Yonghwa glanced coldly at her and said, "Anyone would be if you are so rude".

Ji Yeon asked in amusement, "Did she say that boy is her boyfriend and this girl is the boy's sister? Yah, I didn't think you would let your baby sister date such a guy, Yonghwa oppa".

That was it. Seohyun got up abruptly, her chair fell backwards to the floor in a loud crash. She glared angrily at Ji Yeon.

"Seohyun-ah. ." Yonghwa called out to her cautiously.

Ji Yeon lifted an eyebrow, "Waeyo? Is it your turn to yell at me now?".

Seohyun glared at Ji Yeon for another three seconds before turning to storm out of the dining room after Yoona and Jonghyun.

Yonghwa watched Seohyun leave and gave Ji Yeon a dirty look, "Is this why you came back for? To ruin my life for a second time?".

Ji Yeon smiled mischievously, "No, of course not oppa. I came back for you".

"If this is how you behave then go back, you aren't welcomed here" Yonghwa got up angrily and ran after the disappearing shadow of Seo Ju Hyun.

 


 

 

Yonghwa chased after Seohyun towards the lake. She was standing beside the lake, her arms folded at her chest tightly and her facial expression was nothing less than annoyed.

Yonghwa caught up with her and pulled her to face him by the arm, "Seo Ju Hyun, yah I may have longer legs but you do run fast".

Seohyun ignored his comment and pushed away Yonghwa's hand, "Leave me alone and go back to your beautiful girlfriend".

Yonghwa looked confused and tugged Seohyun's arm pleadingly, "Seohyun-ah, what are you talking about? You are my girlfriend".

Seohyun retorted back sarcastically, "That just makes me angrier. After everything you did, in the end you introduced me as your friend to your ex girlfriend. And you invited your rude ex girlfriend to come and stay with you in your house. Does that make sense?" . Seohyun was positively fuming with anger.

Yonghwa defended himself quickly, "I didn't invite her, she asked".

"And you said yes, wow. You're such a gentleman, Jung Yonghwa-shii" Seohyun said sarcastically.

Yonghwa hesitated for a moment and nudged Seohyun gently, "Seohyun-ah. .are you jealous?".

Seohyun was taken aback and stuttered in reply, "I- no- of course not- what are you talking about- why would I be jealous?".

Yonghwa sighed, "Seohyun-ah, regardless of whether you are jealous or angry or both, believe me, I have my reasons for doing what I did".

"Explain then" Seohyun demanded, "Explain it so I understand because now, I don't".

Yonghwa hesitated for a moment before grabbing Seohyun's hand tightly for support, "Ahrasso, I'll tell you everything but first, let's sit down".

Yonghwa pulled Seohyun down to sit on the grass beside the lake. Seohyun wrapped her legs to her chest as Yonghwa remained his claim on her hand.

 

Yonghwa begun his story calmly, "I met Ji Yeon 5 years ago, when I was 23 years old. Then, I was a workaholic because KOUTE has just begun to stabilise in the economy. My friend, Jungshin forced me to attend a reunion party, claiming that I was too caught up with work. He bet 50000 won secretly behind my back with the others that I wouldn't attend the party, of course I found out so I decided to attend out of ego. At the party, I met a junior from my college days. Her name was Sung Ji Yeon, she was only 20 years old then. We started chatting and soon, exchanged numbers. Two weeks later, we ended up dating".

Seohyun couldn't help but pull a face at the sound of Yonghwa dating such a girl. Yonghwa noticed the disgusted look on Seohyun's face and said, "I know what you're thinking, sometimes I think to myself too, 'what was I thinking' but the Jung Yonghwa 5 years ago was lonely and eager to find someone to love. This love slowly became a need to please . As we went deeper into the relationship, Sung Ji Yeon begun to change drastically. At least that's what I thought until I realised, she never changed, it was her mask that fell off and I was stupid enough to believe it".

Seohyun gripped his hand tighter when she saw the distraught on his face, comforting  him without words.

"I remember clearly it was Valentine's Day and I bought a bouquet of red roses to surprise her at her college. However, when I was about to leave the house, Ai Yeon informed me that Yoona was very sick. In the end, I decided to stay home to take care of my sister and I missed our date. I texted Ji Yeon my reason of absence but she didn't reply. At night, Ji Yeon came banging on my front door. She yelled at me, demanding why I didn't come to our date. I explained that Yoona was sick but she didn't even ask how Yoona was feeling. She proceeded to accusing me of prioritising  my sister over her and how every friend of hers got a bouquet of flowers in their hands except her. According to her, I embarrassed her. So I broke up with her, because she was yelling at me in the presence of my then 13 year old sick sister".

Yonghwa paused for a moment and asked Seohyun, "Do you remember the time I told you I drove my car into the drain once?".

Seohyun thought for a moment and slowly remembered him saying it at the amusement park.

"Secret. You will know when we get there".

"Sure as long as you don't drive us into the drain first".

"Don't worry, I haven't done that in 5 years" Yonghwa assured her.

"YOU DROVE YOUR CAR INTO A DRAIN ?!".

"Once, I wasn't very happy then so I wasn't concentrating".

"What happened then?".

"Do you.. still remember our one month agreement?"

"You mean the one you forced me into?".

"Yeah, I will tell you the story at the end of the one month agreement".

"Why then?".

"Maybe then you will understand me better".

 

Seohyun began to remember what he once told her, "I think I do, but you said you would tell me the full story at the end of our one month agreement. It has been only two weeks".

"Things changed, and I only said that because I wasn't ready to share my story but now, I think I am ready for you to know the real story. No more hiding".

Seohyun said in a more gentle tone, "Say it then".

"After breaking up with Ji Yeon, I was horribly torn down. When I heard she was with another guy only two weeks into the breakup, I turned to alcohol. While driving home, I wasn't thinking straight and I drove into the drain. The next thing I remembered was waking up at the hospital and the nurse informing me I had to get 16 stitches at my head from the impact ".

A look of horror was etched on Seohyun's face as Yonghwa pushed his hair aside from his hairline to show a few centimeter long scar.

" After that incident, I promised myself to stand up again and I did. I went back to putting my all into my company and became a person who spends all his time with his company until now. I didn't dare to think much  about what happened and I didn't tell anyone until now because I felt embarrassed. Embarrassed that I was so weak, so easily influenced by a girl who didn't even love me enough to stay".

 

Yonghwa ended his story, feeling ashamed but Seohyun pat his hand gently and told him kindly, "You shouldn't feel embarrassed because you are kind. You are kind enough to love Sung Ji Yeon unconditionally even though she loved you with conditions. If anyone should feel embarrassed, it's her".

"Thank you, Seohyun-ah. There's one more thing I haven't told you, do you remember you joked about my ex girlfriend being the president's daughter? ".

Seohyun's jaw fell open and she gasped loudly," Don't tell me! She-!".

"No" Yonghwa shook his head,  "She isn't the president's daughter".

Seohyun sighed in relief but Yonghwa continued, "She's the prime minister's daughter".

Seohyun gasped in shock and clamped her hand over . Yonghwa sighed and continued, "That's why I had to lie that you were just my friend because Sung Ji Yeon isn't as simple as she seems. She might seem like a spoiled, chaebol girl but deep down, she's very possessive and she has the power of her dad's influence. God knows what she would do to you if she knows you are my girlfriend. I don't want you to get hurt".

Seohyun shook her head, "I'm not afraid of her".

Yonghwa pleaded with her, "Think of it this way, what if Ji Yeon hurt Jonghyun because of your relationship with me? That's exactly how I feel about all this and that's why I'm worried. Promise me that you will be patient with Ji Yeon, I know she's horribly hard to stand but promise me".

One look at Yonghwa's pleading face and Seohyun gave up. It was already a lost war from the beginning.

"Alright, I promise you. I won't go picking a fight with her" Seohyun promised unwillingly.

"Thank you, jagiya" Yonghwa placed his arm around Seohyun's shoulder and pulled her close.

Seohyun leaned her head on Yonghwa's shoulder and murmured, "Doesn't that mean you can't have any skinship with me incase she sees?".

Yonghwa shook his head, "Ani, we will just keep low profile around her".

"She's realise eventually when we go out together each morning. She's not that dumb, is she?" Seohyun asked doubtfully.

Yonghwa smirked wickedly, "She's not dumb but she's terribly into sleeping. She wouldn't even be conscious when we leave the house".

Seohyun laughed slightly and rocked back and forth at the same spot, "I'm nervous for tomorrow, Jung Yonghwa-shii",

Yonghwa pat her hand reassuringly and said encouragingly, "You will be brilliant, don't worry".

Seohyn smiled to him and rest her head on his shoulder, enjoying the night view of the perfectly round moon.

They didn't realise the presence of one man silently getting up and sneaking away from them.

 


 

Seohyun woke up early next morning and got ready in a flash. Last night after their short date by the lake, Seohyun went straight to her room, praying she didn't meet Sung Ji Yeon anywhere in the house. She didn't. After a long internal on being ladylike or herself, Seohyun put on a neat white blouse and long blue jeans. Grabbing her brown sling bag, Seohyun head downstairs where Yonghwa was already having his usual cup of morning coffee at the dining table, a newspaper was in his hands. He turned when he heard her footsteps coming down the stairs and smiled, "Good morning, beautiful".

"Good morning, Jung Yonghwa-shii" Seohyun greeted him. Ai Yeon came forward and asked, "The usual, Miss Seohyun?".

"Yes please" Seohyun replied.

Ai Yeon went to fetch her usual toast and tea from the kitchen. Seohyun settled herself on the chair opposite of Yonghwa and asked, "Did Jonghyun and Yoona head to school yet?".

Yonghwa nod, sipping his cup of coffee, "They just left".

Ai Yeon placed the plate of toast and cup of tea infront of Seohyun. Seohyun thanked her and began to indulge in the dish.

"Are you nervous?" Yonghwa eyed her warily.

"A bit" Seohyun admitted while chewing her toast.

"Did you quit your morning job at the convenience store yet?".

"I did, but I'm still going to Tiffany's cafe to help out after my work at the music school is over".

"I'll take you to the school before I head to work okay?".

"Okay" Seohyun smiled gratefully. At least she would still have Yonghwa before she had to face whatever horror was in stored for her.

 

 

Seohyun shifted uncomfortably as Yonghwa stopped in front of the music school. Yonghwa saw the look of discomfort on her face and grabbed her shaking hands to a stop. 

"Look at me, Seohyun".

Seohyun turned and met Yonghwa's eyes, they were filled with determination.

"You can do this, Seohyun. You were born to play the piano, I can feel it. Like I said, you are going to be brilliant, okay?" Yonghwa pulled Seohyun in and kissed her forehead gently, whispering, "That's for good luck".

Seohyuu grinned up at him and whispered, "Thank you. I'll see you tonight".

Yonghwa released her hand and watched as she left the car and entered the building.

 


 

Seohyun entered the building and greeted the receptionist, "Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Seo Ju Hyun, the new um.. girl".

The receptionist eyed her warily and said, "Yes, Mr. Yoo was telling me about you yesterday. He is waiting for you now in Room 101".

"Ah yes, kamsahamnida" Seohyun thanked the lady and got into the elevator, heading to level 1. The elevator tinkled when it reached Level 1 and Seohyun headed straight to Room 101. Outside, through a tiny transparent glass window, she could see Mr. Yoo inside with a small girl, probably around the age of 7. Seohyun knocked on the door politely.

"Come inside" Mr. Yoo called from inside.

Seohyun entered the room and immediately bowed and greeted Mr. Yoo, "Annyeonghasaeyo".

"Yes, I was expecting you, Miss Seo Ju Hyun. Come in" Mr .Yoo gestured for her to enter.

Seohyun closed the door behind her and inched closer to where Mr. Yoo and the small girl sat. Mr. Yoo got up and introduced Seohyun to the small girl, "This is your first student, Miss Lee Se Na. Se Na, greet your teacher".

Se Na got up and greeted Seohyun meekly, "Annyeonghasaeyo, seongsaeng-nim".

"Ne, it's nice to meet you, Se Na" Seohyun tried to be friendly.

Se Na however didn't answer and sat down again, looking throughly uninterested.

"Se Na, go outside and fetch your books from Room 103" Mr. Yoo instructed her.

Se Na obliged and left the room, leaving Seohyun standing awkwardly in front of an empty chair. 

Mr. Yoo turned to Seohyun and said,"Miss Seohyun, I want you to teach Lee Se Na to love the piano".

"To love the piano?".

"I took Lee Se Na in recently because I witnessed her talent in playing the piano at the shopping complex by accident. However, she is rather stubborn and despises playing the piano for others. If she learns to love the piano, I am convinced one day, she will become a very treasured pianist" Mr. Yoo said.

"But Mr. Yoo, if she doesn't even like the piano, is it wise to force her to love it?" Seohyun asked.

"Sometimes, it's not that they dislike it, they just haven't found the passion in it" Mr. Yoo said simply and left the room without another word.

 

Se Na entered the room, holding a pink bag and stared up at Seohyun.

"Um.. go and sit at the piano, Se Na" Seohyun gestured to her to sit by the piano.

Se Na obliged and climbed onto the piano seat. Seohyun went near her and encouraged, "Go on, play a song you like".

"I don't like any song" Se Na replied coldly.

"There has to be something you like, Mr. Yoo told me you were really good playing at that shopping mall" Seohyun said.

"That was just for fun, I don't even like the piano. I want to go home" Se Na whined.

Seohyun sighed and said, "Alright then, we have to fix that, don't we?".

This was not going to be easy.

 

 


 

"And she refused to play, outright. I really don't know how to get her to even love the piano when she doesn't just dislike it, she hates it" Seohyun complained to Yonghwa.

They sat at the table at the far corner in Tiffany's cafe. Yonghwa came to pick Seohyun up after work and stayed for a cup of coffee and cake.

Yonghwa poked a piece of cake and said, "Don't be too disappointed. Mr. Yoo is a very talented man, I don't think he will see something in the wrong person. Give the girl some time".

"If she doesn't wreck the piano before then, sure" Seohyun sighed.

Yonghwa poked the cake into Seohyun's protesting mouth and grinned, "It's not like Seo Ju Hyun to  be so not confident, especially about a kid".

Seohyun shrugged, "I don't know. I just never meet someone who hated the piano so much, it feels strange".

"Well" Yonghwa said suggestively, "Maybe she doesn't hate the piano, maybe she just hasn't found the reason to love it yet".

"And, that's my job" Seohyun sighed, "To find the reason for her to love the piano".

"No" Yonghwa shook her head.

"No?" Seohyun asked in surprise.

"Your job, is to help her find the reason to love the piano" Yonghwa said, "She has to find it on her own. I think I can help you a little with this problem. How about this, when did you feel like you loved and missed the piano the most?", Yonghwa asked.

Seohyun thought for a moment, "When I loved and missed the piano the most ? When I couldn't play it anymore.When I decided to ban myself from ever indulging in that dream. When ..Oh my god, I just got an idea. You are a genius, Jung Yong Hwa-shii!".

Seohyun grinned excitedly and flashed a thumbs up at Yonghwa. Yonghwa shrugged and grinned back, "Glad I could help. If you're finished, we should head home now. It's late".

"Yeah, I'll just go and say goodbye to Fany" Seohyun got up hurriedly, not realising she got a bit of cake cream at the corner of her lips.

Yonghwa immediately noticed the tiny speck of white cream on her lips and pulled her by the wrist, "Seohyun, wait".

Yonghwa got up and wiped her lips gently, murmuring, "I can't believe you are 25 years old and you still eat like a baby".

Seohyun's face turned into a deep shade of red as she whispered, "Thank you, I'll- I'll go see- Fany. Yeah Fany".

Yonghwa smiled to himself as Seohyun sped away, watching her blush was just about the cutest thing he ever say.

He was unaware of a man slipping away into darkness after witnessing everything.

 


 

 

"Miss!" Ji Yeon turned around and saw her personal assistant bowing towards her.

"So ? What did you find out?" Ji Yeon asked.

The man straighten up and said, "It's appears your guess was correct, Miss Ji Yeon. After I saw them being affectionate at the lake last night, they left the house together in the morning and met up at a cafe at night where Seo Ju Hyun is working at. Mr. Jung Yonghwa was being very affectionate towards the girl".

Ji Yeon tighten her fist and said angrily, "How dare she ever think about fighting with me. keep following her and tell me more about that Seo Ju Hyun girl. I want to know why is she staying her, how she met Yonghwa oppa and what is her background".

"Yes, miss" the man bowed and left the room.

Ji Yeon slammed her fist on her dressing table and glared angrily at the table, "Jung Yong Hwa is mine".

 


 

 

After bidding goodnight to Seohyun at her room's door and getting kicked out of her room for refusing to leave, Yonghwa entered his room and took off his tie. There was a couple of small knocks at his door.

"Come in" Yonghwa said tiredly.

Ji Yeon entered the room and smiled at Yonghwa, "You're home? I was waiting".

Yonghwa almost groaned in return, "Yeah, I am a little late today from work".

Ji Yeon closed the door behind her and inched closer towards Yonghwa, "Should I tell Ai Yeon to prepare supper for you? What would you like? Noodles or rice?".

Yonghwa shook his head and threw his outer coat onto the bed, "I already had dinner".

Ji Yeon pouted and asked, "Do you usually work late all the time?".

"Most of the time, why?".

"I was hoping that I would be able to spend some time with you before I leave for university but you seem to never be home. You leave early in the morning and reach home almost midnight".

"I'm busy, Ji Yeon-ah" Yonghwa replied simply.

"I know but can't you at least make some time for me?" Ji Yeon sulked.

Yonghwa walked towards the bathroom and said, "I have time in the morning before I head to work, if you want, we can converse then. I'm going to shower, goodnight".

Yonghwa shut the bathroom door behind him, leaving Ji Yeon to return to her room sulking.

 


 

The next morning, Seohyun arrived at work early and settled into her room 101, getting ready to greet Se Na for their morning lesson. Seohyun sat on the piano chair and started playing a few songs in random while waiting for Se Na to arrive. Without looking away from the score sheets, she could hear the door squeak open slightly and knew, Se Na had arrived. However, Seohyun kept her eyes on the sheets and kept playing, pretending Se Na was invisible. 

Se Na didn't make any noise and sat on the chair soundlessly, just watching Seohyun play the piano. The way Seohyun swayed when she played a piece was attracting her against her will. After finishing her final song which was Yiruma's When The Love Falls, Seohyun turned and pretended to be surprised at Se Na.

"You're here, you should have spoke up" Seohyun said.

"You seemed busy" Se Na said nonchalantly, "I expect you want me to go and sit at the piano and play my pieces" Se Na said flatly.

Seohyun thought for a while and said, "Hmm, maybe not".

"Not?" Se Na asked in surprise.

"How about we lay off the piano for the day and spend some time doing theory instead?" Seohyun suggested.

Se Na shrugged and said, "Whatever".

"Alright then, go and open your theory books at the table. We'll learn how to read key signatures today" Seohyun instructed.

However, when Se Na turned to head to the table, Seohyun grinned to herself.

 

 

They spent the next two days just completing theory works. Each morning, Seohyun would arrive earlier at the school just to play the piano before Se Na arrives. Each morning, Se Na would sneak into the room quietly just to watch Seohyun play without alerting her, not knowing that Seohyun could hear her.

That was when Seohyun knew, Se Na didn't completely hate the piano.

Seohyun taught Se Na how to reach key signatures, draw perfect treble clefs and even draw scales. Although Se Na didn't say a single word, Seohyun could feel that she was getting bored. At the end of the second day, Se Na finally couldn't hold it in and asked Seohyun, "Why aren't you asking me to play the piano?".

Seohyun shrugged, "I thought you didn't like playing the piano".

Se Na hesitated and stuttered slightly, "Well.. yes".

Seohyun continued smoothy, "Then we can keep doing theory work so you don't have to do something you dislike. Isn't that great?".

"But-" Se Na tried to explain herself.

Seohyun cut in and said, "Now, please draw me a bass clef and let's see if you're good in it".

Se Na closed and drew a perfect bass clef on the manuscript paper, not knowing a smirking Seohyun was currently looking down at her.

 

 


 

 

"And she actually asked me today why I didn't ask her to play the piano! That's a great sign!" Seohyun told Yonghwa in excitement.

Yonghwa was driving them home after picking Seohyun up from the cafe. It was already 11 o'clock in the night but nothing could stop Seohyun when she got excited.

Yonghwa smiled at her, "Really? That's good".

"Right? That shows she is starting to miss the piano. I think soon she will realise that the piano is actually a very beautiful instrument" Seohyun's eyes shone with determination.

"She will" Yonghwa said, "How could she not when she has such a talented teacher?".

Seohyun pulled a face at Yonghwa's praise, "That's off the point, Jung Yonghwa-shii. To be honest, I do feel a little bored with all the theory work. I prefer teaching her the practical way".

"She's going to understand soon, by listening to your stories daily, I know it" Yonghwa told Seohyun.

Seohyun grinned and placed her palms together, "I hope so".

 

Yonghwa pulled into the garage and parked the Mercedes. Yonghwa was helping Seohyun to leave the vehicle when a shadow appeared behind him.

"Ji Yeon?" Yonghwa jumped in surprise at the figure of Ji Yeon standing behind him soundlessly.

Ji Yeon stood still, her arms wrapped around her chest as she positively glared at Seohyun. Seohyun shifted uncomfortably beside Yonghwa, itching to return the glare but remembering her promise to Yonghwa to not provoke Ji Yeon.

"I was waiting for you, I have something to ask the both of you" Ji Yeon said with an air of arrogance that made Seohyun want to puke.

Yonghwa hid his hand behind his back because he was actually holding Seohyun's hand secretly and replied, "If you have anything to say, just say it to me. You don't know her".

Ji Yeon lifted an eyebrow, "Oh, don't I ? 25-year-old Seo Ju Hyun living off her boyfriend's huge villa and using her brother to date her boyfriend's little sister so the relationship gets stronger, am I wrong?".

Yonghwa and Seohyun looked both flustered and angry at the same time. 

The first thing that went thorough Seohyun's mind was, 'she knew all along'.

"Watch your words, Sung Ji Yeon" Yonghwa warned her.

"So you don't deny that she is your girlfriend?" Ji Yeon asked,

"It has nothing to do with you" Yonghwa insisted.

"Oh how cold, Yonghwa oppa. This is how you treat your ex girlfriend? You used to like me alot, didn't you?" Ji Yeon said sarcastically.

Seohyun noticed Yonghwa's free hand tighten into a fist and quickly nudged Yonghwa with the hand that was holding hers to be patient.

Yonghwa caught himself and murmured to Seohyun, "Seohyun-shii, please head inside. Ji Yeon and I have something to talk about".

Seohyun was about to argue but something in Yonghwa's look made her stop halfway. 

"I'll make my leave then" Seohyun said unwillingly and tried to walk past Ji Yeon towards the door but Ji Yeon blocked her way.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ji Yeon used her body to block Seohyun.

"Don't try me, Sung Ji Yeon" Seohyun glared at her blatantly. She couldn't careless whether she was the prime minister's daughter or step son, nobody could just treat her like vermin and walk away. "There's a limit to everything".

Seohyun bumped her shoulder onto Ji Yeon, knocking her out of the way rather roughly and stomped inside while Yonghwa watched in amusement. Ji Yeon looked shocked at the threat as she stumbled away and watched Seohyun leave.

 

Yonghwa turned and walked out towards the garden without another word.

Ji Yeon followed him and stood infront of him before he could go any further, "Stay right there!".

"What am I? Your dog? Do I have to stay when you say and sit when you order?" Yonghwa asked furiously.

"You know that's not what I meant" Ji Yeon replied.

"Then what do you mean by being outright rude to my friend and humiliating her right in front of me?" Yonghwa demanded.

Ji Yeon did a fake laugh and said, "Friend? Stop lying. I know who she is".

Yonghwa stopped. Should he just admit the truth or continue denying? Which would cause more harm towards Seo Ju Hyun ?

Ji Yeon continued, "I asked my assistant, Bok Ha to investigate for me. I know everything you tried to hide. That woman is your girlfriend, isn't she?".

Yonghwa finally said, "So what if she is?".

"She's not good enough for you, oppa. In fact, she's just a low class citizen. You are the president of KOUTE. Does this even make sense?" Ji Yeon asked incredulously.

"If you continue bringing down Seo Ju Hyun in front of me then we can't talk" Yonghwa said harshly.

Suddenly, Ji Yeon's eyes started to water and tears started to rush down without warning as she cried, "I see how you look at her, oppa. I saw it since the first time I saw you two together at the dining table. I know that look very well because.. you used to look at me like that".

Tears streaked down her face swiftly however, Yonghwa didn't feel anything but pity towards her.

Yonghwa said slowly, "We were over a long time ago, Ji Yeon-ah".

Ji Yeon insisted quickly, "My feelings for you never changed".

Yonghwa however shook his head and smiled slightly, "You're wrong. You don't love me. You want me. You desire me. Maybe once, five years ago I might have loved you and you loved me but now, I know very well who I love".

Ji Yeon asked incredulously, "That Seo Ju Hyun ? What's so great about her? She's not incredibly good looking, amazingly smart or even rich! She's just a poor, low class citizen with no family background at all !" .

For once, Yonghwa didn't argue or scold her for dissing Seohyun but said, "Maybe you're right. Maybe Seohyun isn't like us. She isn't snobbish, arrogant, rich or have 10 cars in disposal when we only need one. Seohyun is just a normal person but do you know what she has over you?".

"What?"Ji Yeon demanded.

"She doesn't cry all the time".

Ji Yeon did an unbelievable huff and said, "What? That's why you like her?".

"She isn't like us. We grew up with a silver spoon in our mouths but she didn't. She had to raise her brother all by herself when she was 14. What were you doing then, Sung Ji Yeon?".

"It's not fair to compare like that!" Ji Yeon argued, "She can only blame it on fate".

"But she doesn't. She is beautiful inside and out, she's smart and she's an extremely talented pianist. She's determined and strong. That's why she doesn't cry like other girls. I admire her for that. Do you remember, Ji Yeon why we broke up in the first place?".

Ji Yeon quickly said, "That was 5 years ago, oppa. I've changed, I'm not that girl anymore".

"No, you're still that girl" Yonghwa said, "I can see her inside of you right now while you are crying, she's still there".

Ji Yeon cried out, "I'm crying because I love you!".

Yonghwa snapped back, "No, you're crying because you want me but you can't get me anymore. Like a child that can't get her favourite toy but can't bear to let someone else have it. You're selfish, Sung Ji Yeon!".

"JUNG YONG HWA!" Ji Yeon screamed in frustration.

Yonghwa took heavy breaths and said, "So don't joke that you love me because you don't. You want to possess me but it's too late. You should have held on five years ago. Don't come crying to me anymore and don't even think of disturbing Seo Ju Hyun. I love Seo Ju Hyun and I'll do anything to protect her, especially from you".

Yonghwa walked away, leaving behind a sobbing and angry Ji Yeon standing alone at the mouth of the garage.

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

I just have to make Yonghwa give Ji Yeon a piece of his mind to shut , I'm sorry to all Ji Yeon lovers.

Who am I kidding, there are no Ji Yeon lovers.

A new update from me! I wanted to update this story because I head off to Singapore for an International Youth Camp. I'm very excited to visit Singapore !

THANKS FOR READING, SUBSCRIBING AND COMMENTING !

-JungHae

 

p.s: I don't think Ji Yeon will be too happy after this. whoops.