Their Separate Lives

Against All Odds

A man was wearing his tie, tie it carefully before pushing it up to his collar and straightening it. He proceeded to button his coat when someone came in.

The girl bowed to him and said, "Sir, the young miss is already waiting for you at the dining table".

"Ahrasso, I'll be down in a minute" he told her as he put on a gold Rolex watch. The maid bowed and was about to leave when he suddenly called out, "Ai Yeon, what date is it today?".

"It is April 20th, sir" she answered.

He thought for a moment, April 20th already? The last time he asked was January 16th. Time flew so fast yet he doesn't even realise it. 

"Alright, you may leave"  he gestured to her.

The maid exitted the room as he looked at himself in a full body sized mirror.

He was Jung Yong Hwa, president of "KOUTE" department store, and he can never remember what day it is.

 


 

"Oppa, what took you so long?" a girl asked as the man came down from the staircase, buttoning the end of the sleeves of his shirt. The girl was wearing a school uniform. She was eating a bowl of cereal as the man sat on the opposite chair.

"Sorry, I was answering a message" the man apologised. The girl from before came forward and placed a plate of sausages and eggs in front of him. 

"What time do you need to leave for school?" he asked while cutting his sausage.

"I have to leave soon, school starts at eight as usual remember?" the girl reminded him.

" I remember" the man nod.

"Aish Yonghwa oppa, you forgot again didn't you?" the girl pouted.

"Aniya, I remember".

"Whatever" she shaked her head. "I'm leaving okay?" she said as she swung her bag over her shoulder.

"Ahrasso. Stay safe. Is Mr. Kang driving you?" Yonghwa asked.

"Ne, I'll be leaving then" she said as she went out of the door.

 


 

 

From another very very different house, or rather apartment, a lady was crossing her arms across her chest as she glared at the door.

"SEO JONG HYUN" her voice was almost scary, with an echo that screamed dangerous.

"I'm coming, noona. 5 more minutes" a voice could be heard from inside.

"YAH YOU SAID THAT 5 MINUTES AGO! NOONA NEEDS TO GO TO WORK".

"I did? Well 5 minutes more".

The lady looked around frustratedly, who in the world cursed her with such a brother? She knew, if she left for work now without making sure he went to school, he's going to sleep till six in the evening and still think it's early. Suddenly in the corner of her eye, she spotted several music sheets spread on the table. 

*flashback*

"Yah Jonghyun-ah, what are you doing?" she just came back from spot and actually spot Jonghyun doing work diligently at the table. Her eyes must be spoiled.

"Oh noona, you're home?" Jonghyun answered without even looking at her. "I'm busy".

"Don't tell me you're actually doing your homework" she rolled her eyes.

"OF COURSE" Jonghyun said loudly and ended with a cheeky "-not".

"I knew it, brat. I haven't seen you doing your homework since preschool" she said sarcastically as she went forward to see what he was doing. He was writing music notes diligently on a few pieces of manuscript paper, pausing randomly to think before continuing.

"You're composing?" Seohyun instantly recognized.

"Ne Seohyun noona, that's why I said I'm busy. This will be the greatest work of my life!" Jonghyun said grandly.

*end of flashback*

Seohyun smirked wickedly as she called out, "Seo Jong Hyun, you wouldn't mind if I take those music sheets on the table for a swim in the sink right?".

"ANDWAE" the room door finally swung open, revealing a messy haired teenage boy wearing white bunny pyjamas.

Seohyun stared at him for a full three seconds.

"Uh oh" Jonghyun bit his lips.

"YOU'RE STILL SLEEPING?!".

The apartment ceiling shook violently.

 


 

Anyeonghasaeyo,

it's author-nim again =)

This chapter is actually meant to show how different their lives are, how different their surroundings are and their statuses.

I'll hopefully post the next chapter soon so please leave comments and subscribe to the story =D

Kamsahamnida ! *bows 90 degrees*