Play It Cool

Mistakes [On Hiatus]

HI TO ALL THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS~ *WAVES* THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!!^.^

 

A/N: Okay so here's the next Chapter.:3 This one is a bit long and dragging. I wrote a lot of details because I wanted you guys to see my vision. Fingers crossed it works. So far I'm loving the story development I'm inspired by, I'm going along with it as I go. Hope you like it too~

Check FYI at the bottom Author's note.

P.S: No one answered my previous question on which couple you'd like to get engaged aside from the main characters being CL, GD & Jay..:(

 


 

*Beep*Beep*Beep*Ding*

 

Chaerin was walking across the room towards their apartment entrance when the door opened to reveal Yanggaeng their stylist. She was ready to leave for her 1st schedule that day after having comeback from Jay’s apartment.

They had talked for almost an hour and a half agreeing to work harder on their relationship and discuss how things would move forward for them, this was the story she had just finished telling Dara right when Yanggaeng walked in.

“C’mon Chae we’re going to be late.” Yanggaeng said as he waved to Dara who was standing behind the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee in her hand.

“I’m done Oppa. I’m just looking for my shoes.” Chaerin answered passing the thin framed stylist on her way to rummage through the shoe rack hidden inside a closet beside the door.

“Aha! I found it.” She excitedly said as she slipped into her Gianmarco Lorenzi Pin-heel Boots that completed her all-black ensemble.

“Bye Unnie.” Chaerin crooned hugging Dara as she was seeing the two off. There was an inexplicable spring in her step which Yanggaeng was quick to notice.

“Why are you being weird?” He said raising an eyebrow at this sudden strange behavior.

“I’m glad you worked things out. Now get going.” Dara, coffee still in-hand, whispered lovingly to Chaerin ushering her and Yanggaeng out of the apartment, the latter’s question being ignored.

 


 

The query was completely put in the back burner especially when they reached the Versace showroom in Seoul. It was one of the labels that she and Yanggaeng had agreed upon two days before. They were having a good laugh as they were disembarking the van when Yanggaeng received a call.

“Yo, Ji?”

Chaerin felt a fragment of annoyance when she heard that it was Jiyong on the line. She was still sore at the way he acted earlier, she tried to ignore the conversation but unfortunately she didn’t have the ability to turn off her ears.

 

“What the are you talking about?” She heard Yanggaeng ask, she was a bit curious although she was too cross with her Jingyo right now.

“. I see the great G-Dragon has had his way yet again. Alright then. Okay, you figure out what you’ll do. I’ll see you, man. Yeah, yeah, we’re almost inside.”

Then he hung up as soon as they reached the elevator. Chaerin didn’t bother to ask what the conversation was about; for all she knows Nuthang was organizing a night out on the town again tonight and she’s given that up 4 months ago.

She concentrated on making her phone work. It seemed to act up turning on and off intermittently since yesterday so she was being contacted about work through her manager who stood behind them next to 2 representatives from Versace on the elevator ride.

“Ya, Lee Chaerin. Has your phone been off since yesterday?” Yanggaeng asked upon seeing the 2NE1 leader press the power button on her iPhone 5 yet again.

“Yep. This damned thing all of sudden just gave up on me yesterday, I think I’m gonna be needing a new one.” Chaerin answered with a pout.

“So you mean you haven’t seen the ing pictures Dok2 emailed everyone?!” Exclaimed Yanggaeng which Chaerin only answered with furrowed eyebrows and a shake of her head.

He was about to ask something else when the elevators opened to reveal a smiling Jiyong which took everyone by surprise except for Yanggaeng. The three people behind Chaerin and Yanggaeng instinctively bowed towards the BIGBANG leader while Yanggaeng shared a bro hug with him.

Chaerin was not as happy to see him as he was to see her so she just bowed her head ever so slightly. They walked across a studio type space with hardwood floors and white walls with all white furniture spread out.

“What took you guys so long?” Jiyong said crossing his arms as he walked along with them and the rest of his group, two managers of his added to the mix as well.

His question falling on deaf ears prompted him to ask another, he opened his mouth to speak but Yanggaeng glared warningly at him; this was his cue to shut up. Then he felt his phone vibrate with an incoming SMS.

 

 

“Yes! Chance” Jiyong said to himself. Self-five for him he thought.

The racks of clothes seemed infinite as it stood row by row next to each other. Anyone else would have been overwhelmed but this was one of those things that the three of them was so used to that it was as if they were just stretching their arms. It was normal.

They walked up to Ji-eun, BIGBANG's stylist, who was talking to the creative director for Versace Seoul while she was picking out some clothes off of the rack. This was all too customary for her as well, even more so for the 12 year veteran stylist.

Everyone bowed to each other as soon as the group had arrived and Ji-eun was wearing the widest smile when she spotted the two;

“Chaerin! Seungho!” She said warmly giving them both a kiss on the cheek. She added a tight squeeze to Chaerin because she always had a soft spot for the young fashionista.

“Great to see you again Unnie.” Chaerin said as her tough exterior towards Jiyong earlier melted away into a tender smile as they came out of each other’s hold, Ji-eun was one of her fashion mentors too.

“Alright Jiyong try these on and we’ll see if we’ll pull some pieces from last Fall’s collection to counter balance.” Ji-eun said patting a couple of clothes that were still on the hangers which were laid out on the very long table next to her.

“Seung-ho I think they have the looks you picked out for Chae the other day on that rack.” She added pointing to her right which Yanggaeng nodded in agreement to.

Different dresses, pants and tops had already been combined with other pieces in the collection taking into consideration the accessories and shoes as well to possibly go with them. He had prepared these looks over 2 weeks ago.  

“How come I don’t have full looks yet?” Jiyong huffed as he grabbed the clothes from the table. He face palms himself after having asked such a ridiculous question.

“Well whose fault is that?” She said coldly all the while sifting through the clothes.

For the rest of the session Jiyong steered clear of saying anything further, he knew he had inconvenienced everyone and most specially his stylist Noona so his resolve was to make sure all of this wasn’t in vain.

“Chaerin can we talk?” He said with a slight pant catching up to Chaerin who was about to go inside the dressing room to try on her third look. He asked Yanggaeng to make sure that the two of them were alone.

“Right now?” Chaerin questioned indifferently.

“Sure. We can talk while getting dressed. I’ll use the stall next to yours.” Jiyong said determined to take advantage of the two of them being out of earshot of everyone else.

Chaerin looked at him a few seconds speculative of his odd behavior but she just shrugged it off with a mumble to herself along the lines of;

“Weird ahjussi..”

They stepped inside of separate dressing stalls that were next to one another and began to take off their clothes accordingly. Unexpectedly Jiyong began to feel heat rise up to his face as the thought of an undressing Chaerin right next door crept right into his mind.

Chaerin heard Jiyong cough loudly and even with a wall separating them she could feel the awkward atmosphere. Without meaning to she smiled to herself at how strange this was all getting but she did miss all the fittings they used to do together, so she decided to speak first.

“What did you want to talk about Jingyo Oppa?” Her previous sentiment towards her Oppa diminished almost instantly; she even inadvertently added her aegyo voice.

“I’m sorry if I pissed you off this morning. It was none of my business and I shouldn’t have butted in.” Chaerin heard Jiyong say as she slipped into her dress.

“Don’t worry about it Oppa, I was being petty. I know that you were just concerned about me and frankly I’m happy that you all are, at least I know who I can definitely depend on.” Chaerin said happily which made Jiyong sigh with relief.

“By the way, thanks for not telling Yanggaeng.” She added.

Then they laughed heartily, knowing Yanggaeng he would nonstop about it if he knew what had really gone down. Jiyong stepped out of the stall wearing a white button down shirt and gray pants holding a black tie.

“Of course you can trust me; unlike dumb-dumb over there, I was born with a filter.” He said as he was fixing his tie in front if the entire wall lined with mirrors.

Right at that moment Chaerin opened the door to her cubicle in a white long sleeved dress and Louboutin ivory pumps with gold a spiked toe-cap. She never looked so gorgeous in Jiyong’s eyes; it made him smile involuntarily at her which she reciprocated.

There must have been some mistake, a higher being wouldn’t let anyone this beautiful just roam around so freely, Jiyong thought to himself. So as a result he was not prepared for what she was about to ask him next;

“Could you zip me up?”  

Chaerin asked twisting her raven hair up then turning around revealing almost her entire back due to a zipper that was open until just above her waist. Jiyong stood rooted to the spot looking at the bare-backed Chaerin through the mirror his mouth agape; it took him an enormous amount of strength to not let his knees buckle.

“Oppa?” Chaerin questioned as she looked back at the frozen Jiyong.

She gave Jiyong a quizzical look which snapped him back to reality. He clumsily pulled himself together and approached Chaerin hastily to zip her up. As soon as he did Chaerin did a twirl to check herself in the mirror but her eyes finding the undone tie on her Oppa’s neck.

“I know we haven’t talked as much like we used to. I mean all we talk about now is the album if not then the stupid you and Nuthang have just been up to. We used to talk to each other about each other’s lives and we knew every single detail, but recently suddenly those things felt unimportant to both of us.” Chaerin said lengthily as she fixed Jiyong’s tie.

They were just inches apart and as Jiyong listened intently he caught wind of her sweet scent as it emanated from the top of her head, he was enthralled and he would give anything just to enfold her in his arms.

“Our conversation earlier this morning is the most serious talk we’ve had for months. Last time we talked like that it didn’t end so well, I guess that’s one of the reasons why. And I know we agreed not to talk about it but I really miss my best friend; I’m very happy we got to talking like we still care.” Chaerin continued adjusting the tie before finally tightening it in place then beamed at Jiyong.

Jiyong gave her an apologetic smile in return; there he was feeling guilty for wanting so much to not know about her new relationship with Jay to spare himself the pain, that he had completely ignored their own.

“I’m sorry. HunChae you know I care, I always have.” He finally gave in to his desire of hugging her; they remained in that state for a few more seconds before Jiyong breathed in her perfume again and kissed her on the head. He didn’t know if she and Jay were still together but right now he could care less.

When they parted Jiyong lingered for a little bit his eyes were drawn to Chaerin’s luscious red lips and for a moment he slowly leaned in to do the unthinkable when he was interrupted by a loud cough from their left. Both their heads turned to that direction and found Yanggaeng.

“Ji, I think you should check your phone.” Yanggaeng uttered ominously. He only just noticed his phone had been vibrating tons more than usual so he took it out of his pocket.

Jiyong was horrified as he stared with widened eyes at his phone screen. Chaerin was confused; she was about grab her Oppa’s iPhone when suddenly staff members burst through the room;

“Chaerin we have to leave. Now! The car’s waiting outside.” The manager said in between wheezes, he clearly ran from somewhere his phone still on his ear while another YG Staff member ushered Chaerin into the stall.

In an instant everything became chaotic; Jiyong walked across to the other room and sat on the windowsill. He placed his phone next to him and unblinkingly fixed his eyes on the hardwood floor. From a distance you can see that a news article affixed with pictures of Chaerin in a hoodie was displayed on the screen of his phone.

"SPOTTED: 2NE1 LEADER, CL COMING OUT OF JAY PARK’S APARTMENT"

 


A/N: FYI this was the dress Chae was wearing *image not mine obviously* cr to  style.com: