Secrets and Lies

Mistakes [On Hiatus]

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't updated this in 2 months. I had personal life altering stuff that I went through, so it affected my writing style and basically my will to write this. So yeah. I'm really sorry. I've been more active on Tumblr lately to take my mind off it. It's sad really and I don't think I can't talk about it much. My laptop also contracted a virus and had to get fixed which took longer than expected. I'll be updating this more again and finish before I start my new one. I'm happy there are still people who subscribe and are still subscribed. Thank you.

I'll be updating again tomorrow.

 


 

Jiyong waited patiently for her answer.

He turned as white as a ghost, surprised to find Kiko outside his studio when he stepped out to call Soohyuk about his text message. And by the look on her face she went here for something important.

“Officially I have a shoot for Cosmopolitan Korea. Unofficially I wanted to see you.” Kiko said her eyes falling down a sad look evident on her face.

“Why?”

Kiko hesitated a bit, considering whether she should continue;

“Two things. First  I wanted you to know..I’m..I’m getting..married” she said under her breath. Jiyong’s expression almost instantly went blank.

There was an excruciating silence. Jiyong didn’t know what to feel about the unsolicited information he got from the woman he himself at some point thought could be the one.

“Wow. Eight months. You broke up with me just eight months ago. Do I know him?” Jiyong uttered vacantly thinking, why is everybody getting married these days?

“No. He’s an American businessman. A childhood friend from the states.” Kiko answered shaking her head. Jiyong swallowed the lump in his throat; his mind was drawing so many blanks as to why she felt the need to tell him.

“I wanted you to know first before anybody else.”

“Oh, thanks, I guess.” Jiyong supposed but he doubted this was the only reason because she looked like she was about to hurl.

“I heard you were dating someone now. I don’t have any right but can I ask; is it true?” she questions him nervously to break the awkward silence. Kiko was right; this wasn’t really a question she had any right to ask because they weren’t together anymore.

She made herself abundantly clear that she didn’t want to be friends after they broke up. She cut off all communication with him instantaneously when they went their separate ways.

“No. Just a rumor.” Jiyong replied flatly.

A small hopeful smile briefly appeared on Kiko’s lips, it was as though she felt relief wash over her because it seemed like the Jiyong she left behind was, at least to her, not over her yet.

“Don’t worry Ji, I’m sure you’ll find someone like I have too.” She pronounced a little condescendingly squeezing Jiyong’s hand to comfort him.

“It’s a beautiful ring. At least better than what I proposed to you with.” Jiyong said taking hold of her hand to take a closer look at her right finger a diamond encrusted ring wrapped around it. It served as mounting for what Jiyong supposed was a 5ct diamond.

His stomach was doing somersaults. He didn’t have any residual feelings for her whatsoever; it was his ego that was digging holes in his stomach. It took her only months to cast almost a 3 and half year relationship; makes him think how much time for Chaerin he wasted for Kiko.

Like he was now; instead of finding out where Chaerin was.

“Jiyong, I never meant to hurt you. I just wasn’t ready.” Kiko quietly said.

“So what’s the second thing?” said Jiyong a little impatiently, this was a conversation that he’s already had with her it was irrelevant then; it‘s irrelevant now.

“I need your help. I need to talk to Chaerin.”

“About what?” Jiyong’s eyebrows furrowed together still confused.

“But you have to promise that no one knows about it except her.” Kiko said sitting up from her seat with a grave look on her face before letting out a sigh as soon as Jiyong nodded;

“I slept with Jay Park a week ago.”

Jiyong’s eyes instantly dilated. Suddenly he was aware of everything around him, the soft hum the lights made, even the light specks of dust that floated around the room; he was aware of them all.

Why did she even bother to tell anyone, let alone him? This piece of information was of no importance to him or to Chaerin anymore and it could’ve all gone unknown. 

“Does anybody else know?” he asked seriously.

“I’m not sure. Some things that night are still a blur until now, I‘m sure you remember how things were when we partied together.” Kiko shrugged.

Oh he remembers all right. Parties with that sort of crowd or most crowds they were involved in, sometimes involves either drinking something or taking something to make things, should we say; light. There are times that they need those things because of the stress brought about by the work they have to deal with.

In this industry no one’s clean; one way or another everyone has done it. Even if people deny it, even if people or fans deny it for them; they’ve done things. Done things they would regret. It’s how much would you let those things control you; if you will end up letting it ultimately take over you.

No one really knows unless you’re on the inside. Secrets and lies. Keeping things like these on the down low; wasn’t a surprise to him anymore.

“That’s why I want to talk to Chaerin. So that if it does come out; I can have a contingency plan and have her on board. You’re the only person I know who can convince her. Please.” Kiko murmured her eyes pleading.

“I’m getting married Jiyong..” she paused and fondled with her engagement ring before adding; “I can’t have anybody know.”

 



To avoid a run in between Jay & Yanggaeng, Chaerin insisted on leaving the shoot in a hurry as soon as it wrapped. An encounter with those two would be unpleasant and she didn't feel like breaking up a fight today. Like they agreed upon earlier, Jay was going to drop off Chaerin to her next schedule or wherever she asked, like the good pretend boyfriend he was.

But honestly this was all crazy and Chaerin was the least bit eager about the arrangement. The more she thought about it, the more she realized that it was wrong on so many levels exploiting him like this.

“Listen. I told you it’s okay and this is my idea, so stop moping.” Jay said as he parked the car knowing full well what she was thinking the whole car ride over but Chaerin just gave him a small smile.

“Seriously Rin, I love you but if you don’t stop this guilty crap I’m gonna drive back to the expressway and leave you there.” Jay joked to break the awkward silence but still the sting of saying “I love you” to her was undeniable.

She can see it in his eyes, she can hear it in his voice; she can still feel how she hurt him. How she would be hurting him if she goes through with this.

“Chaerin, I never got to apologize.”

“What do you mean? I should be the one who should apologize for earlier.” Chaerin replied caught off guard by his apology.

“I never got to apologize about the whole Thailand thing.” Jay said quietly. Why was he bringing this up all of a sudden? Chaerin asked herself.

“You have no idea how much I regretted that I cheated on you. And I’m not asking you to forgive me or anything because that was such a ty thing to do. Well I did a -load of ty things to you. he continued;

Please just remember; I didn’t do it on purpose to hurt you. Just keep repeating that to yourself.”

Chaerin wasn’t sure how to respond. It was partly because she was taken aback by the things Jay was saying and partly because as she’s told him before, his actions weren’t just all on him. Both of them made mistakes in their relationship.

“No, I told you I don’t blame you for doing that.” she groaned.

“I know Rin but think of this as something to remotely make up for everything.” Jay said with a small encouraging smile turning off the engine.

Chaerin shook her head as they got off the car; “This is totally unfair to you and I can’t ask you to do this for me even for just a few days.” Things were already too complicated, what more getting him involved?

“You told me you still want to be my friend; so as my friend you won’t do this.”

“No. As your friend I won’t hold it against you even if I do it. So stop; I’ve made up my mind already.” Jay said grabbing Chaerin's back pack for her and entering the building with her through the backdoor.

As soon as they both turned the corner; she saw it.

As soon as she saw it, she immediately questioned it.

Chaerin blinked a few times to make sure that it was Kiko Mizuhara who she was seeing talking to Jiyong in one of the few rooms in the building that had clear glass walls.

 


 

“I’ll talk to her.” Jiyong resigned.

It’s not like it would make a difference, in fact it’ll only cement the truth that Jay was an and it was only right for his relationship with Chaerin to be over. But turning Kiko away would only result in more problems in the future. So Jiyong would rather prepare for the oncoming storm more than anything.

He took hold of his phone ready to dial her number when suddenly; there she was, standing right outside the door staring at them with a vacant expression on her face. Jiyong stood up thinking she had impeccable timing.

But halfway through his soft smile at her, his eyes fell to the person next to her. His face in an instant turned icy; Jay Park dared to show his face at YG HQ.

Jay cleared his throat that snapped Chaerin out of her current absorption. She turned towards him when he said;

“I’ll get going. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Then without warning he kissed her on the crown of her head. Taking her aback and making her gasp silently at this gesture.

It wasn’t part of the plan; Jay wasn’t supposed to act this way not unless they weren’t alone. She realizes that they weren’t alone, Jiyong and his ex-girlfriend were standing just several feet from them; which is why he did it.

At that moment Chaerin became aware that she was just standing there and staring, like an idiot. She nodded and bid him farewell. Right when she turned her attention back to the two, Jiyong walked past her.

“Ya! Where do you think you’re going?” she said grabbing him by the arm.

“I’m just gonna talk to him real quick.” Jiyong answered dully.

“Oppa, don’t do something stupid.” Chaerin cautiously declared in a whisper but before Jiyong could respond, Kiko called her attention with a bow;

“Hi Chaerin-ssi~ Can we talk?”

Letting Jiyong’s arm go, she looked at Kiko with dismay because she wasn’t really up to dealing with an awkward situation right now.

 


 

Jiyong was trying his hardest to control his rage, how dare he kiss his girlfriend like that? But he wanted to get to the bottom of things with a calm head on him so set aside his jealousy. He had a lot of questions that he was sure Kiko won’t be able to answer.

“Oi! Park Jaebeom.” Jiyong called after Jay who had his hand on the car door handle.

“What do you want Jiyong?” Jay answered completely uninterested. To Jiyong he was acting too casual, as though he had done nothing wrong. This made him alter his first resolve of thinking straight.

“What do you think you’re doing here?”

“I took my girlfriend to work. I don’t think that’s a crime now, is it? She is still my girlfriend. Unless you know something other people don‘t?”

The smug look on this prick made Jiyong clench his jaw and bite his tongue. If he says something now, just to wipe that look off his face, he could give away his relationship with Chaerin and he won’t give Jay Park the satisfaction.

He swallowed the bitter taste that seeped in his mouth preparing himself to ask a query that was more related to Jay’s infidelity. Even if he didn’t deserve it; Jiyong wanted to give him the decency to redeem himself. Even just as a person, as a ing man, to own up to it but then;

“Wasn’t that Kiko Mizuhara inside? Congratulations I would've tapped that too.”