The 2AM Escapade

Mistakes [On Hiatus]

A/N: Double update.:3 Since I was gone for a long time. Haha.XD We finally find out what happened after Chaerin texted Jiyong.:P If your still confused about the chonological order of the events just tell me and I'll explain it. LOL~ I still kind of am.. I'll be writing my two one shots while I write the next chapter so I hope for your patience.^.^ this could be a short chapter for you guys.XD

P.S: Tell me if you guys are annoyed by me including pictures of the outfits~

Please comment!^.^


 

The next few days were a far cry from the common busy schedules Chaerin was used to. She kept getting calls from her manager setting up interviews or quick responses regarding her recently revealed dating status with Jay Park. Every time 2NE1 had an appearance or even when she was out on her day off she always either got good greetings congratulating her and Jay or nasty hushed comments about them.

This was exactly what Chaerin didn't like, the constant snooping into her private life that bordered on intrusive. She had been asked by one fan whether or not she and Jay had already done it, but ever the professional, Chaerin just uneasily giggled at the comment and continued signing for the fan.

Of course she appreciated that people took interest in her but it was for all the wrong reasons, so she just kept her usual cool and all the while cute demeanor.

The only mantra that kept her going at this pace was from Soohyuk the last time they spoke;

“It doesn’t matter if you’re a fan or an anti-fan. I’d merely like to thank anyone that shows interest in me.”

It was weird that she still listens to Soohyuk’s advice; they haven’t been exactly on speaking terms for a few months and he used to be the 2nd person Chaerin went to for advice after Jiyong. Since the latter has been MIA for 4 days, right now she kind of wished she and Soohyuk could patch things up.

She didn’t know what was up with Jiyong avoiding her; Chaerin barely had time to herself let alone worry about him, thankfully the scheduled appearances with 2NE1 kept her busy.

He wasn’t replying to her texts or answering her calls so she had long given up even coming into the studio to finish up the couple of songs they were still working on, at least most of the songs had been submitted to YG for approval.

 

“Babe, are you listening to me?” Jay snapped his fingers in front of Chaerin.

“Oh, yeah, of course I am babe.” She answered with a faint smile. They were sitting on a bench in front of Han River watching the Sunset, at first Chaerin thought how cliché, but it felt nice for once to date someone so openly. This was the first time she and Jay had physically seen each other having been given the green light from the higher ups to do so.

“Well you seem distracted.”

“I’m sorry, it’s just I’m worried about the songs that me and Jingyo haven’t finished recording yet.” Chaerin softly responded.

“Why don’t you let me help you out with those then? I produce songs too you know.” Jay snapped suddenly, he hated their nicknames for each other. Recently Jay was extra jealous when Jiyong was brought in to the subject so Chaerin had been avoiding any reference to him.

“It’s not that big of a deal. Don’t think about it too much. Hey we agreed no talk about work today.” Said Chaerin with pleading eyes as she wore her most apologetic look to her boyfriend, he scoffed and pinched her cheeks.

“Right. Anyway, I’m really happy we could see each other before I left for Thailand.” Jay said giving her his widest smile as his arm around her tightened. He was the happiest he’s ever been just having her with him.

She nodded in agreement, Chaerin couldn’t quite put her finger on it but there was still an awkward vibe between the two of them. Jay wasn’t any less busy than Chaerin was; he had appearances overseas as well which meant more conversations over the phone.

Chaerin didn’t know if it was both of them or just her, therefore she was definitely not looking forward to those calls. It was all such a mystery to her why she felt a discomfort in the pit of her stomach but she thought best it be kept under wraps to avoid a repeat of Jay’s outburst.

Remembering that she’d get to finally see her Jiyong Oppa tonight at the Gallery Opening set her at ease and she settled for that thought as she checked her watch to see what time it was, she ought to get ready by now.

“Ya Lee Chaerin! Will you be present please?” Jay whined noticing that she was being so absent-minded this whole time. They were hardly able to cram an hour out of their schedules today just to see each other, but to Jay; Chaerin seemed like she was elsewhere.

Yes he was happy, but was she?

Jay looked over to the person next to him, she looked like she was happy, seemed content, but she oddly gave off this feeling of someone that was preoccupied, not that she meant to be. His eyebrows furrowed unknowingly and his mind started to think about so many things as to why Chaerin was like this.

The only conclusion that came to his mind was Jiyong.  Jealousy and anger was gearing its head inside of him again ready to pounce but he decided to not give in to his paranoia.

He puffed out some air to release some frustration and got up from his seat;

“C’mon, I think we should go, so you could get ready for that thing you have later.”

“You’re not mad are you?” Chaerin asked linking her fingers with Jay’s.

“No, I’m not. I’ll just make sure to spend loads of time with you when I get back.” He replied with a self-satisfied look on his face before giving Chaerin a quick peck on the lips. Just like Jiyong he was every bit competitive, he was determined to win over the G-Dragon.

As Jay walked Chaerin over to the awaiting company car that she rode in to meet him, Jay noticed she was checking her phone and had an annoyed look on her face. Although adorable she could be when annoyed, he liked it more when she smiled.

“. Our date’s already on the internet.” Chaerin said shaking her head as she got in to the van.

“Ya, when did you start cursing? I mean it’s been a lot lately.” Jay never really heard her curse so explicitly and to be quite honest he wasn’t fond of it.

“Sorry babe, I know how you don’t like girls who curse.” She shrugged with a pout. When Chaerin and Jay started to date there were a lot of things that changed with the two of them;

 


 

She stopped cursing like a sailor, partying with her Nuthang Oppas and dressed frillier while Jay stopped smoking, cut back on the tattoos and dressed should we say more pretty-boy-ish. They didn’t make each other do it, it just happened naturally but to an outsider’s perspective like Yanggaeng’s he wasn’t too pleased of a too goodie-goodie Chaerin. To him it was all Jay Park’s doing to make her into something she’s not.

“Damn it. Where the is Chaerin?” Yanggaeng said checking his watch for the 3rd time in the last 10 minutes.

“Relax. We still have an hour and half before we have to leave.” Jiyong coolly said behind a wall of stylists sorting out his hair and make-up for the Gallery Opening.

“You’ve got to be ting me; the Chaerin-Nazi all of a sudden doesn’t give a where Chaerin is? What happened? 4 days ago you went ape about the Hanbyul-Dongwook comparison and now you all calm and collected?” Yanggaeng scoffed as he flipped through a magazine.

Jiyong simply rolled his eyes, although his friend did have a point, Jiyong had his reasons.

His last 4 days wasn’t a picnic, more articles, pictures and even snippets of interviews from Chaerin and Jay about their relationship were released all over the internet. It was all cheesy in Yanggaeng’s opinion as he made retching noises when he saw them but what Jiyong wouldn’t give to be in Jay’s shoes; dating Chaerin so openly.

“All of it is stupid in my opinion. But whatever; Soohyuk and I are just effin’ tired of mediating between the two of you, handle your like a man Bro, geez. You can’t avoid her forever.” Yanggaeng blurted out clearly over it.

Jiyong felt more pathetic each time he read or saw the articles & pictures so to resolve the matter he intentionally avoided anything to do with her or them, that included communicating with Chaerin in any way. Avoiding her at all costs even missing out on some finishing touches to her album, but eventually he would need to speak to her at one point.

“I am aren’t I? I’m still doing this Gallery thing right? Even if I’d rather be ing elsewhere, boy just grab my pants from the other room will ya’?” Jiyong retorted to finish the conversation.

“No need. I have them here.” Suddenly Chaerin came out of nowhere and tossed him his pants. The two eyed each other unsure if she had heard their conversation, but she seemed unfazed and sat next to Jiyong while stylists started to get her hair & make-up done too.

“I don’t know why you’re avoiding me but let’s try to act like we’re one big happy YG Family later okay?”

Clearly she heard and the only thing worse than an angry G-Dragon is an angry CL. Looks like these two will be butting heads tonight, Yanggaeng thought.

Yanggaeng slowly came closer to Chaerin instructing the hair dresser and make-up artists how to proceed with Chaerin’s look for tonight. Her hair was supposed to be done in big curls and her make-up in peachy tones then she was to wear this Nina Ricci dress.[1] But angry CL seemed to want to be extra annoying and irritate Yanggaeng;

“I don’t want to wear that anymore. I wanna wear the Saint Laurent outfit instead with my hair up in a messy side bun and minimal make-up except for my eyes and lips.” She said advising the stylists of the look she wanted without even glancing towards Yanggaeng’s direction.

“But Chae we agreed on the look already besides didn’t Jay say he preferred you covered for this event?” Yanggaeng reasoned out pointing to the dress that hung on the rack.

Unbeknown to Chaerin he secretly wanted her to wear the Saint Laurent because it was more her style or at least her old style; y and edgy. [2] This was his point that she changed quite a bit in the last 3 months of dating Jay.

“Since when did you agree to what Jay wanted? You don’t like him right?” she scoffed.

“Don’t get mad at me, I’m not the one who’s avoiding you.” Yanggaeng said waving his hands then grabbing another garment bag on the couch, good thing he packed the outfit just in case.

Chaerin was pissed. She’d been looking forward to finally spending time with Jiyong but hearing as though he felt otherwise infuriated her for some reason, well two could play at that game Mr. G-Dragon, she thought.

Jiyong chose to wait in the car instead of the salon so as to avoid heated stares with Chaerin; he didn’t plan on her hearing what he said since it was only an exchange between him and Yanggaeng just to get the stylist off his back about his coping method.

Yes he was coping. It seems as though over the past few days he settled on dismissing his feelings for Chaerin as a mere phase an afterthought that came to him after what had conspired when he invited her out at 2AM.

As he rode the elevator to the basement dressed in plain jeans, an HBA gray hoodie and a snapback, he suddenly felt his hands become all sweaty and his heart beat fast with anxiety; they hadn’t done this in a while. He was planning on sneaking around at the Hongdae Nightclubs with Chaerin. They used to do this along with T.O.P back when they were still trainees, with Soohyuk and Yanggaeng tagging along.

But this time it was just the two of them, T.O.P was too concerned of what would happen if they were caught as his Hyung specifically reminded Jiyong asking the driver to drop him off deciding to sleep at the villa that night;

“Just make sure NO ONE and absolutely NO ONE finds out about this Ji, you two are like a black hole of scandal.”

Jiyong walked up to Chaerin who was leaning on the hood of his Lamborghini decked in a black DKNY hoodie, jean shorts and plain black rubber shoes. They agreed to not wear any make-up at all on them and they were both unrecognizable.

“Ya, if you scratch that you’re gonna have to pay Mr. G-Dragon. C’mon, get in.” Jiyong snorted pressing the unlock button on his car keys.

“Jingyo are you some kind of an idiot or something? I don’t know where you intend for us to go to but we’re not taking this ing garish thing with us, we have to be low-key.” Chaerin said grabbing the keys then locking the car again.

Jiyong smirked at how smart Chaerin was and she never failed to remind him;

“Right! To a taxi then.” He said finally then putting his arm around her shoulders and her doing the same. They walked out of the apartment complex casually as if they were just ordinary citizens.

At least at this moment they pretended they were; he wasn’t G-Dragon and she wasn’t CL. Jiyong wanted Chaerin to enjoy her last bit of freedom before her life is turned upside down by all the press. For one night she would forget that CL even existed, admittedly she needed it.

The stress was getting to Chaerin and they both knew it, but to be honest Jiyong wasn’t sure it would help because in his case it made things easier to deal with. He crossed his fingers that this was one of the many things he had in common with Chaerin; he wanted to be of help to her in any way.

“So who are we going to check out tonight?” she queried as they both disembarked the Taxi, it looks like their disguise was fool-proof the Taxi driver didn’t utter a word about who they are; he just went on about the Inter-Korean Summit Documents that the Korean Government recently found to be missing.

“It’s a surprise. Look I even scored tickets just by using the Kwon Jiyong charm.” Jiyong said flashing Chaerin a huge smile holding up their tickets.

They got in line along with the people who were pouring into the club, just goes to show how well they concealed their identities and inebriation by party-goers can go a long way. The club could be described as a down-to-earth pub with just simple concrete walls on the outside.

Once inside though, it was covered in haphazardly stuck on posters & stickers of random Korean and Foreign bands from Nell to the Rolling Stones and performers like Tiger JK to Michael Jackson as though it were wallpaper. Clearly this place was just simply about the music and performers interacting with the people who came to watch.

It was all so simple which only enhanced its appeal to the two leaders; it was like the first time in a long time that they were provided with an actual escape.

Place was full to the brim so Jiyong felt the urge to hold Chaerin’s hand linking their fingers together as they maneuvered with difficulty through the crowd trying to get closer to the stage but they only managed to get to the center. It was packed with people they didn’t know and Chaerin couldn’t help but feel nostalgic, they had been so used to having full access to VIP areas but it’s been 4 years since they snuck into clubs like this; it all felt crudely heartwarming.

There was a hum on the speakers indicating the mics coming to life followed by a light tap on them and a familiar voice that boomed from all corners of the place;

“Ah~Ah~ Hello! This is a surprise performance, I just posted on twitter I’ll be performing here like an hour ago so think of it as a sort of “Pop-Up Mini Concert” if you will.”

“1,2,3 –“

Then the intro for Beenzino’s “Boogie On & On” played and it was as though on cue Chaerin & Jiyong let the music move them, they swayed their hips then jumped up and down along to the beat of the song with everybody else.

The two mouthed the lyrics to the song to each other like two stans not giving a about the people around them; who let’s face it were also doing the same thing. Sungbin was a friend of theirs but it was refreshing to watch a friend perform from this perspective since it’s been a while since they had done so.

“Gosh! Sungbin Oppa was awesome! It was awesome! Thank you Jingyo Oppa, I had so much fun!” Chaerin exclaimed as they got into the cab; it was 5am way past her curfew, a curfew set by the Unnies that only Mingkki kept.

“You’re welcome HunChae.” Jiyong smiled warmly at her, he shouldn’t have doubted his instincts, Chaerin really did need the temporary escape, but he never counted on what happened next.

Chaerin gave him a quick peck on the cheek. It caught him off guard but he didn’t know why; this wasn’t the first time he was kissed but it gave him a tingling sensation on his cheek where she had kissed him. The walls of his chest constricted and butterflies were in his stomach. He tried hard to hold in his elation but his smile was dampened by Chaerin’s next words;

“I know I’m gonna owe you for this for a while but I need to ask you a different favor.”

“Sure. Anything.”

“Could you guys lay-off Jay for me? He’s my boyfriend and at some point you have to accept that I’m dating him. I know about Seungho Oppa’s drunken tirade and you hitting him.” Chaerin said unblinkingly, Jiyong was about to respond when she cut him off.

“Don’t ask, I just know. But I’m asking you as my friend to be supportive and promise me that you’re not gonna run around punching him again, at least talk to me first before you do.” Smiled Chaerin encouragingly, in that instance Jiyong couldn’t keep Soohyuk’s voice silent anymore;

“You’re not her boyfriend. Jay is.”

“I promise.” Jiyong said conceding his defeat holding up his pinky finger which Chaerin happily entwined with hers.

“Thanks. I hope you can convince Soohyuk Oppa and Seungho Oppa too.”

It hurt, it really did. It was though she was asking him to let her go, even if she was never his in the first place. Chaerin wasn’t anyone’s, she was her own person and if she’s choosing Jay who was he, Jiyong, to object. Undoubtedly he was reluctant at first but with her consenting to “out” the relationship a day after she asked him to back her up, it was clear that he should start getting over her now or he never will.

"Time to walk away Kwon Jiyong." He thought.

The door to the van suddenly opened which startled Jiyong; he looked up into the eyes that a while ago he had been trying to steer clear of but as soon as he saw them he wanted to stare at them forever. She looked so beautiful with her hair tied in a messy bun, make up with perfectly lined eyes and her red lips that were so inticing like the reddest apple in the world, although he liked her with no make-up either way to him she could do no wrong. 

Breaking the stare he heaved a deep sigh and looked down as Chaerin got in to the seat next to him and Yanggaeng getting into the front seat. Definitely an uncomfortable car ride this was going to be.

 


[1] Nina Ricci: 

[2] Saint Laurent: 

[3] GD's Outfit: 

cr to: Style.Com **FORGIVE ALL THE BEENZINO REFERENCES IN THIS!!!:P My obsession just resurfaced recently..**