The Principal's Office

Mistakes [On Hiatus]

HELLO AGAIN!^.^ HI EVERYONE NEW AND OLD SUBSCRIBERS AS USUAL THANK YOU FOR READING!

A/N: Sorry if this was delayed but as promised Chapter 16 is up and it still counts because it's still Sunday, my time though. LOL~ anyhoo. I'm not sure about this chapter. I think it's longer than I think it should be but I couldn't be bothered by t it since I'm working on the next chapter and Night at the Be@rbrick Museum which will both be up by tuesday!:3 Might even throw my other fanfic in the mix for the heck of it.XD

 


 

Chaerin was in Soohyuk’s Audi on her way to Jay's apartment. She may as well use it before she returns it to him later today. It was funny how out of all the people she knew it was her ex-boyfriend that made her become conscious of how much she loved Jiyong. He even let her borrow his car no questions asked.

“Oh the irony..” She sighed with her lips curving to the side as she shook her head.

As she was getting ready to pull out of the parking space in the underground parking area she saw the man she had been very anxious to see that morning getting into his car. She shifted her gear back to park, pulled on the hand break and switched the engine off, quickly getting out of the car.

Jay started his own vehicle and secured his seatbelt; he settled on the fact that if Chaerin wasn’t gonna turn up now she won’t be turning up anytime soon. He decided to pay her a visit at her parents’ house. Their relationship took a huge blow because of his antics the other day and last night so they may not recover from it, still, he felt like he should hold on.

Who knows he may see a repeat of Chaerin forgiving him like last time. He smiled bitterly to himself at his wishful thinking and gently stepped on the gas getting ready to make leave.

Suddenly there she was appearing out of nowhere in front of his car, her arms stretched, making him abruptly step on the break and putting his car to an immediate halt.  What was this? Did he have supernatural power of some sort?

“What the hell are you doing?!” He accidentally yelled as soon as he got out of the car, he could’ve run her over.

“We..have to..talk.” Chaerin said in between breaths, panting heavily because she had to run just to catch up with him.

“I’ve been waiting all night and almost the whole day for you..” Jay's words trailing off in a whisper with his eyes softening up, glistening with tears he had been trying to suppress since last night. They were threatening to fall at her words.

“Sorry. I-I didn’t know, my phone died. Let’s talk.” Chaerin said finally catching her breath. Her face held a grave expression despite a small smile trying to situate itself on it. For the 2nd time in Jay’s life he was scared of possibly losing her, again.

He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat and headed for his car door.

“I have to go. Let’s talk some other time.” He said quietly. He knew what was coming, he’s said those words himself so many times that he’s recognized how they sound like. Never did he think it would be said to him.

“No oppa. We need to talk, now.”

“Oppa..? Not babe?” Jay closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, this was it. It was going to be his last attempt to keep her and he was afraid of the outcome, Youngbae was right he should’ve prepared himself for it.

He nodded his head in reluctant agreement before locking his car to follow her. When they walked past a black Audi he saw her lock it with keys she held.

“Wait I know whose car that is..”

Jay told himself, jumping to the conclusion as to where his girlfriend has been; technically she was still his girlfriend last night and it doesn't excuse her for being with her ex-boyfriend. He didn't even know she still had feelings for him. Not being able to help himself from getting jealous, he grinded his teeth angrily just so that he won’t say something he might regret before they even got to talking.

The elevator ride to the 11th floor was excruciatingly awkward and Chaerin was itching to have it over and done with blinking back her tears in the process. She fidgets in place and mentally talking to herself as she stared at the floor numbers going up;

“..3..5..”

“How the hell am I going to start?”

“..6..7..”

“I don’t even know what to say. this is Jiyong’s fault he made me nervous.”

“..8..Jingyo.”

Chaerin whispered inaudibly upon seeing his floor, she wished their situation wasn’t as complicated as it was right now. She felt so bad for Jay because she felt like she led him on and for Jiyong because had she been quick enough to catch on to her feelings early on none of them would be in this situation.

But she didn’t lead Jay on, she liked him and even loved him but she just wasn’t in love with him.

“11th floor”

The voice prompt in the elevator snapped Chaerin out of her trance and she made her way to the apartment with Jay in toe. She reconciled with the fact that she’ll just need  to go with the flow when she talk things through with him. She kicked her shoes off and started rustling in the kitchen.

“I’ll make some tea.” She softly said grabbing the kettle to pour some water into it before setting it on the stove and turning on the flame.

Jay watched her intently as he sat on the arm chair across the living room. She was nervous and he could tell because she gets fussy every time she was, he messed up he knew that so he was thinking up of so many things to say to her just to..keep her..

He was deep in thought when Chaerin walked in the living room to tell him that she would be right back because she was just going to get changed into something comfortable. His stomach lurched in suspicion; he was right she didn’t spend the night at her parents’ house because if she did she would’ve been in fresh clothes by then.

“You’re still wearing what you wore last night –”Jay said dryly, which Chaerin took a little offense to but decided to let it pass and started walking away before she could say something hurtful in return.

“You want to talk right? Let’s talk now. Where did you spend the night? Don’t tell me at your parents’ because we both know that’s just bull.” He said curtly then mentally face palming himself for saying it. What the was he thinking he’s the one who messed up in the first place!

Chaerin’s soft eyes earlier full of regret turned into slits, she wasn’t in the mood right now for Jay’s attitude so early in the morning. Again she suppressed herself from saying anything and bit her lower lip.

“I don’t remember you coming to see if I was okay when I was almost ing falling over because I was smashed.” He was pushing it, he knew it but as per usual his stupidity was winning over again.

“Shut the up, seriously..” He told himself.

That was the straw that broke the camel, Chaerin couldn’t take it any longer, her patience was wearing thin. An uncontrollable sneer appeared suprisingly on her lips and she was starting to think that the remorse she felt earlier was ridiculous;

“I’m surprised you even remember anything from last night. You and I know being hammered makes you..” She derisively cleared then spoke again;

“Forget..certain things.”

Jay felt a cold shiver down his back, yes Chaerin did say words that were hurtful when she was angry but never did he think he would push her so far that her reproach would be this, cold. Suddenly he felt the need to defend himself in a somewhat less manner, his earlier tough exterior dissolving away.

“Listen, about that. Before you get mad and yell at me, what you saw –”

“You don’t need to explain, I’m not mad and I didn’t invite you here to yell at you about that. I wanted to wait a few minutes but since you insist on taking right now, let’s. Although please spare me a few minutes before you start talking.” Chaerin said as she perched herself up on the couch across from him her expression also softening up.

There was a short pause from her as she gathered her courage to say what she had to say.

“What you did last night was only the tip of the iceberg and I guess I’m somewhat to blame why it happened. It’s because I put restrictions on us, on myself with you. I shouldn’t have done that. I should’ve also realized how much we changed each other without meaning to.”

Chaerin clenched her fists to keep from crying, it was hard for her because Jay was one of her oldest friends and she never meant to lead him on or hurt him. She seriously did think her feelings would grow, as she told Jiyong she wanted to see how far it would both take them, it was just too bad that she could no longer take it as far as Jay is willing to.

It was a mistake that she regrets making because she may lose a friend in the process. 

“What are you saying?” Jay said in a low voice. He was right all along, about his fears and his doubts, so this was what it felt like. Why would anyone do this to someone else? Him being a playboy in the past, included.

She swallowed the lump in ; she could read it in his eyes that she was breaking his heart. If only he knew that it hurt her twice as much and the next words she was about to say wasn’t going to be soothing at all;

“I just can’t kid myself anymore because I’m hurting you in the process. The thing is what you did in Thailand and what you did last night made me realize that I can’t give you what you want, I can’t fulfill it. It’s not that I don’t want to Jay, I do, I really did. But I should at least.. At least love you, the way you love me..”

There they were right in front of each other but Jay felt like she was a million miles away from him so far from his reach that even if he reaches for her he would never be able to hold on to her for the both of them.

“And you don’t – “

A single tear fell from Chaerin’s eye that she could no longer keep at bay when he finished her sentence for her, she wanted to take him in her arms and apologize to no end, but she knew Jay would only be offended. She can understand if he hates her forever and that thought saddened her deeply.

“It’s Jiyong isn’t it?”

Jay said bitterly, which Chaerin anticipated for him to say. With pleading eyes she spoke softly and said;

“Don’t make this about him. Because it’s not, it’s me, it’s my fault. If I was just upfront with you about how I felt about things, we both would’ve realized that this wasn’t meant to be. I changed you and I feel bad that I should’ve taken sometime for myself before I got into a new relationship with you, Soohyuk and I were only broken up for a few weeks then.”

It wasn’t that Jay took advantage of Chaerin being vulnerable after her break up, he was just at the right place at the right time and he never resented her for that because he made the decision to make his move after a long wait. Knowing full well the consequences.

"Then why does it feel so ing painful?"

He opened his mouth to speak when his phone vibrated indicating a call; he stood up and put the earpiece to his ear answering it not taking his eyes off of Chaerin, who did the same thing since her phone from behind her also rang a specific ringtone.

She specifically designed this because if it was that ringtone she HAD to answer it no matter what.

Jay put down the phone ending the call, his head hung low with bitter thoughts running through his mind, not to mention the migraine from his hangover;

“I guess I should excuse myself. I’ll take rain check on that tea; I’m being summoned by my ex-girlfriend’s boss.”

Before Chaerin could say anything Jay left in haste walking past her followed by a cold wisp of air reaching her face, she turned around to tell him that she received the same phone call but he was gone before she could.

 


 

It’s been at least two days since Jiyong has seen Chaerin in the flesh. In total of those 2 days she’s only called him 4 times and a few SMS’s here and there. She and the girls were suddenly sent to Japan for some sort of two day photoshoot.

“She’s avoiding me.”

Youngbae who was browsing the computer in Jiyong’s studio heard him say while Daesung was doing some adlibs and riffs in the recording booth.

Jiyong has been sulking for the last 48 hours having been deprived of his HunChae, although he still finishes his work flawlessly and his control freak attitude was still ever present, he still sulked. All the other BIGBANG members, especially Youngbae, could do was to shake their heads.

“I know she’s busy but I mean, she hasn’t even told me what happened with Jay. She just called me to tell me she was going to Japan out of the blue and casually slid in–” Jiyong stopped in mid-story and pressed the intercom;

“That’s good Dae but take it a notch higher and when you hear the line “We shouldn’t be a “you and I”. We should be us.” That’s your cue to take it low on the riff.” Daesung gave a thumbs up and asked to play the track.

“That she and Jay broke up but there's still some things she’ll talk to me about when she gets back. I’m worried Bae, what if he was able to convince her to stay with him?” He continued as though he didn’t stop in mid-sentence before. Then suddenly doing the same thing again.

“Dae that’s good just do it one more time with more gusto, we want people listening to hear your anguish.” Jiyong said gesturing for the sound engineer to rewind the last few seconds of the track. They need to get these backup vocals down by tonight so that only polishing was needed.

“You know how many times she’s called me? 4. That call I told you about included and one of them was a pocket dial. I mean how the do you even pocket dial someone using a smart phone?” Jiyong rambled on fanatically as though he was a crazy person.

Youngbae held back a laugh. His best friend really was in love and watching him right now so desperately craving the woman that could both make his heart skip and regain perfect rhythm at the same time; just amused him so much.

“Ya schizo, stop blubbering and just meet her at her apartment. They’re flying back tonight and she's going to her secret apartment. I know because my Dara bunny asked Rin for permission if we could spend some alone time in theirs.” Youngbae said wriggling his eyebrows; earning him gagging noises from Jiyong.

Nevertheless this information put a huge smile on his face for the first time in days. He couldn’t wait to see her, finally. He pressed the intercom again after hearing Daesung hit the correct note and phrasing he wanted telling him it was perfect.

They listened to the back-up vocals joined with the main vocals and they were very pleased with the progress of the track. Particularly their perfectionist leader who listened to it with his eyes closed as he always would when listening to recording and re-recording.

“Good work today you guys. I’ll just have Seungri come in tomorrow to redo his vocal in the last stanza. It was meek and I know he’s capable of being more seductive than that.” Jiyong said in a better mood than they started the session which Daesung noticed.

“Wow hyung. I didn’t know I could sing that well that I put you in a better mood.” He declared with his adorable smiling eyes which was contagious.

“That’s your skill Smiling Angel. Now get going and spend more time with Sarah.” Jiyong teased playfully pushing Daesung out of the door so that he could go to another one of his Bible Studies to ogle at this half Korean, half English girl he’s crushing on.

“Hyung..”

Answered the younger one of the three rubbing the back of his neck embarrassedly. Adorable; Jiyong and Youngbae thought making them tickle their younger brother. They loved teasing Daesung when it comes to girls because he gets extremely shy around the ones he liked.

The laughter died down when they saw YG walk in unnoticeably. He was wearing a serious look, when usually his smile grows more when he finds them teasing each other; he even joins in on the joke and laughs louder than anyone.

Obviously this wasn’t such a time.

“Kwon Jiyong-ssi, follow me to my office.” The boss announced blankly before turning around and leaving the room. Youngbae and Daesung gave their leader a look that screamed;

"You are so dead."

Next thing Jiyong knew he was in YG's office, it kind of felt like in the Principal’s Office. He shifted in his seat as he waited for YG to finish talking to his crusty old assistant. He was trying to think back what he could’ve possibly done to be called into his office like this; and he couldn't think of any reason. He was getting quite impatient so he spoke up when the assistant left.

“Hyung, why did you call me into your office?” Jiyong said his eyebrows going up out of curiosity.

He and Yang Hyunsuk went so far back that it was impossible to not be in a comfortable relationship. However that was reserved if it was just the two of them since Jiyong felt it would be impertinent towards his boss if he were so comfortable with him in public. After all, he had nothing but respect for the man.

“I’d like to start off by telling you Chaerin’s album is a go for next week. She’ll be promoting ten-fold for a month and half. I’d like for that to be as smooth as possible. Do you hear me? Smooth.” YG said his face unreadable.

Jiyong was confused he didn’t understand his hyung’s words and to some extent he wondered if the old man was already becoming senile. He opened his mouth to ask when;

“I know what happened at the party, I wasn’t there when it happened but I have eyes and ears in YGe so I know what happens even before you do. I even knew your feelings for Chaerin and vise versa even before the both of you came to the realization of its existence. To tell you the truth it exhausted me.”

YG paused to study the BIGBANG leader’s reaction; he pursed his lips at the shocked expression in Jiyong’s face. The boss considered if he should continue but his gut told him not to then again his brain told him he should; of course logic won over this battle.

He softly heaved a deep sigh and continued;

“Park Jaebeom and Chaerin have broken up, this you know I’m sure. But Chaerin hasn’t told you the whole story because I purposely made sure of it. I arranged for Harper’s Bazaar Korea to do a cover story on them right before Chaerin’s album release as a buildup to her solo. I did this because I want to talk to you first. I want to make it very, very clear that you two can’t be together.”

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing; Yang Hyunsuk who was a self proclaimed pro-artist ceo was controlling, out of all things, his love life. He never thought this day would come and Jiyong found it strange and infuriating at the same time.

“Wait. Since when did you control our actions? Where the was this when I was dating Kiko? Or when Seungri was dating that Japanese girl? Don’t you dare tell me it’s because of the No-In-House-Dating thing because if you haven’t noticed two of your artists are getting married to each other next year?! She’s special to me and you can’t keep her from me.” Jiyong bellowed stomping his foot as he got up from his seat.

He was pissed. Not because this was the first time YG intervened in his relationships, but because it was his relationship with Chaerin and he wasn’t letting anyone, and he means anyone, get in his way of being with her.

Jiyong will fight to the death on this one.

“Finally boy, took you long enough to grow some balls.” YG smirked inwardly.

“If you had let me finish, I was going to tell you that you can’t be together, yet. She and Jaebeom have to keep up appearances until after Chaerin’s solo promotions and Jay’s AOMG launch.” He remarked curtly a little offened at Jiyong's outburst, although to be honest he was relieved; Chaerin’s in good hands.

These words calmed Jiyong a bit causing him to sit back down. Although the thought of his girl having a “pseudo boyfriend” made his blood boil in fury, someone’s head must be screwed on the wrong way for them to think he would be okay with this, he's a very jealous Dragon afterall.

“I’m not stopping you to communicate with each other but I would prefer for you to not spend time with each other too much, even in front of YG family. That means no skinship while she's still promoting.” YG instructed.

This whole conversation was a ing joke to Jiyong, now that he had her; he can’t prance around even amongst his family to tell them about the woman he loves.

It was a joke.

A mother ing joke.

"So you mean we have to pretend like we don't love each other as more than friends, when in truth we actually do?" Jiyong queried still seething but he held his tongue from saying anything else that was rude. Albeit his last words sounded terse.

“Yes. It’s just the three of us who knows what is actually going on with the two of you because Chaerin told me that you both haven’t really settled on what you two are just yet.”

YG cleared his throat and carried on;

“I want to keep it that way for at least a month and a half, the less people that know the fewer loopholes. The fewer loopholes, the more believable the story is.”

Jiyong bit his lower lip in anger, it was stupid and he thought as such. So much so he could punch YG in the face right then and there; he wouldn’t even regret it. His fists clenched but when YG said his next few words his temper relaxed;

“This solo is everything to her and if she wants to be recognized as a legitimate singer-songwriter she needs to focus on the music. If she’s as special to you as you say she is, and I believe you, you’ll be okay with this. A fake relationship is the lesser of two evils than a nasty break-up.”

He had a point. If experience taught Jiyong well, being recognized for your achievements in a positive light is better than a scandalous break-up and all you hard-work being overshadowed by it.

Bad publicity was always bad publicity.

The sajangnim stood up from his usually imposing desk and slowly walked over to Jiyong to look at him in the eyes;

“Jiyong I’m talking to you as Chaerin’s 2nd father and as your older hyung, don’t cause her any more pain than she deserves. So I’m asking you to be patient and keep both your hearts unwavering. It’ll be worth it in the end.” YG said tenderly and putting a friendly hand on his shoulder.

The dirty blonde headed man halfheartedly nodded in agreement.

Jiyong walked out of the room his head hung low feeling his exhaustion from the whole day culminating into this one conversation. And just because he agreed to it, it didn’t mean he thought any less stupid of it. He needed to see Chaerin more than ever, because his happiness from two days ago seems to be dwindling every moment they're not together.

 


 

A/N: First of all did I just take you on a emotional rollercoaster? The last chapter was so fluffy I wanted to die and now I'm tearing up like a baby.XD lol~ I liked this chapter, it shows YG's sweet side. I mean he's mean looking yes and imposing at times but the man loves his artists very much and I really admire him for that. Now I hope the last two chapters cleared a few things up about Chaerin's feelings for Jay and that she did feel something for him but it wasn't enough. Also that it's not just because she found out about Jiyong it means she'll instantaneously come running into his arms because to me that's not real love. It should be that feeling you get even if it's not reciprocated, it's genuine when it's honest and it's true no matter the consequence. 

I sound like a bad hallmark card. LMAO~ See you next time~ Please tell me what you think so far if you have the time!!^.^ 

P.S: Don't hate Jay too much, he just loves Chaerin, a lot and you can't blame him for being that way, the heart wants what the heart wants. This reminds me of my favorite songs from Les Miserables and I've been listening to it none stop recently: