Moving Forward

Mistakes [On Hiatus]

 


 

The second she had come through the backdoor Chaerin uttered to herself; “ he did something stupid.” seeing the punch that Jiyong threw at Jay, which he evaded.

“Stop! Don’t!” she yelled running in between the two when Jiyong was ready to deliver another blow to Jay’s face.

“Why do you always have to hit him?! I told you not to do something stupid.” Chaerin voiced sternly to Jiyong. Clearly breaking up a fight was meant to be in her cards today.

“Because he’s an and I’m not the one who did something stupid.” Jiyong declared, “No offense.” he added briefly turning to Kiko who stood quietly at the sidelines.

“What are you talking about Kwon Jiyong?” Jay scoffed.

“Tell her. Tell her now.” Jiyong demanded through gritted teeth. He thought to himself; how could this still act like he was clueless? Kiko was right there; he can’t deny this even if he tried.

Stepping forward Jay challenged the BIGBANG leader equally irritated;

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh you don’t? Stop ing pretend– ”

“He said he doesn’t know.” Chaerin bellowed making the two shut up immediately.

She was at her wits end; she was thankful that the back lot was currently deserted and there were high walls that blocked the view to the storm that was happening right now.

Suddenly Kiko stepped forward. She understood little Korean so all of this was basically fragmented conversation to her. But right now, on this rare occasion that she was perceptive to other people's feelings than her own, she felt this situation no longer concerned her;

“I’m so sorry to interrupt but.. I have to go..”

Chaerin sighed, at the very least she could get rid of two birds with one stone.

“Kiko I’m sorry you witnessed this. I really apologize. Jingyo please take her to her car. I’ll talk to you later.” she instructed Jiyong, who’s face quickly contorted into a protest which Chaerin interrupted with a cold and final voice;

“Go. Now.”

With that Jiyong nodded meaningfully before leaving with Kiko to her to the underground parking garage.

As she looked at Jiyong walking away, Chaerin heaved another deep sigh and ran her fingers through her hair. Why were things getting so out of hand? Was the universe trying to tell her something? Did she jumped the gun and got herself into a relationship too soon yet again?

“Jay oppa. I’ll go along with it. I won't protest anymore with what you proposed. But you have to tell me the truth.” she said turning around to face him, "Did you know it was Kiko you slept with?”

 


 

Jiyong sat on the couch, waiting for Chaerin to come in through the door. She was nowhere to be found after the whole debacle with Jay Park at the YG back lot. He asked Kiko if she was able to let Chaerin know what happened. The model said yes, in what little time she had, before Chaerin hurriedly ran off to follow him.

If only it was easier to get out of some of his scheduled meetings, he would’ve covered more ground to find her. He was worried. Worried of the fact that; what if Jay was able to talk his out of this again? Jiyong exhaled loudly and as soon as he did the door beeped open;

“You weren’t answering my calls.”

Jiyong said when Chaerin came into the living room, more like her living room. He had been there in her private apartment waiting for her since the afternoon and it was now ten past midnight.

“I knew I shouldn’t have told anyone about this place.” Chaerin feigning a laugh as she walked into the kitchen and started rummaging for food, 

“Have you eaten?”

“Where were you? I looked for you after Kiko left and you were gone.”

“I’m sure you haven’t eaten because you always forget to eat when you’re busy. Let me cook you some ramyun.” Chaerin said grabbing 4 packs of ramyun from her small cupboard that served as her pantry.

“Were you at 2NE1’s dorms because that’s the first place I looked? Or were you with Jay?” Jiyong asked accusingly approaching Chaerin who was still busy with the stove.

“Don’t even go there Jiyong.” she said rolling her sleeves to put some water in the small pot to boil, “I asked one of the coordi unnies to take me to my aunt’s house, I needed to do some thinking. Your behavior was inexcusable oppa.”

“Why are you defending him? He slept with Kiko while he was still with you and he didn’t even own up to it. He doesn‘t deserve your trust.” Jiyong exasperatedly said.

“Because I found out the day after it happened! So enough!” Chaerin answered back banging the lid on the small pot. “But I didn’t know it was Kiko until today. The pictures that were sent to me had her face blurred out.” she said quietly her eyes falling to the ground.

Then Jiyong put two and two together, she’s known since the party and that was why she was so upset that day.

“You knew? Why didn’t you tell me what happened?” Jiyong said his voice low.

He drew back; he knew he was getting on her nerves. For her to find out the way she did probably wasn’t a very pleasant experience. The way he conducted himself earlier didn’t do her any favors either because it only embarrassed her even more.

“Because I knew you would react exactly the way you reacted.”

“But that’s not the only reason..” Chaerin said her eyes going soft and with her right hand she gently cupped Jiyong’s cheek, “I didn’t want you to think that I wanted to be with you just because I got cheated on.”

“I’m never going to think that. I told you, what matters is us. No one else.” he said sincerely.

“Then why were you so mad that Jay cheated on me? It wasn’t intentional, probably because they were drunk and high.”

“What he did, happened when I was still with him and you found out when I’m already with you, so why are you so bothered by it?” Chaerin may not admit it out loud or even to herself but Kiko posed a threat that she will never be comfortable with.

Jiyong stayed silent, he understood what Chaerin was getting at.

“Is it because it was Kiko?” She thought she may as well get to the point.

They were only a week into their relationship and ex’s were already coming back into their lives. What if he was having second thoughts about the two of them because he saw her again after everything? After she up and left him, he nearly went crazy; she was practically the love of his life. This was all too much in a day and it just had to be capped off with a bang. 

“She’s getting married.”

Well there’s her bang; Chaerin thought.

There was a pause between them and almost instantly she felt a twinge in her chest because she might see him in misery again. That model broke him and she never liked seeing him like that; it was too agonizing.

“And I felt nothing.”

“What do you mean nothing? You asked her to be your wife. Seeing her today, finding out that she’s engaged after only 8 months didn’t make you feel anything?”

“I think you forgot how she did a number on you.” Chaerin scoffed.

Jiyong suddenly pulled her by the wrist and enfolded her in a tight embrace. Why do people keep doing this to her? Was there an unknown contest of counting how many times today day could Lee Chaerin be startled?

“All of that is behind me now. I didn’t forget how mad I went when she left me, when everybody else left me; I never will. And that’s good because I won’t forget how you never did.” He said quietly.

It was inherent in him by now that his life will revolve around her, too much of a presumption maybe, but then again he was and always has been a hopeless romantic.

“Why are you being like this all of sudden?” Chaerin asked melting further into his arms, why did this dope always know what to say to her?

“Because I know what you’re thinking. So no, I didn’t get mad that slept with Kiko nor because she’s getting married.”

“I was angry at the fact that you didn't need this kind of right now; you're album drops tomorrow. But what threw me over the edge was that I didn’t do a better job of keeping you from experiencing that kind of pain.” Jiyong hummed into the crook of Chaerin’s neck.

She pulled back from their hug her eyes urging and sincere;

“But it already happened and it’s done. It’s over. Can’t you put that behind you too?”

Jiyong nodded with a small reassuring smile, she was right it was all in the past already and he needn't stress her out. But as he proceeded to helping her with the ramyun he couldn't shake away the feeling in his guts that Jay shouldn’t be trusted. And by the time Chaerin finished explaining to Jiyong Jay’s plan and how it’ll progress, he had a few choice words;

“I think it’s dumb and I’m not pleased that my girlfriend will be hanging out a lot with her ex. It’s not happening Chaerin.” Jiyong said crossly shaking his head in disagreement while he chewed some noodles.

“G-Dragon say what now?” Chaerin incredulously asked raising an eyebrow at him after she sipped some of the soup.

“I can’t believe you’re still going to trust him after what he did?”

“I thought we were putting things behind us?” she said resolute and cocking an eyebrow at him, “Jingyo oppa, be okay with this. Please let's just make things less difficult. What's a few days?”

He groans and lets out a sigh. Jiyong recognizes that look on her, it’s the look she always has when she wanted to memorize choreography, when she wants to get a rap down. She was determined and he knew well to not cross her.

“Fine but if he pulls the same , if he so much as breathes on you like he did earlier, I will kill him.” Jiyong asserts his eyes turning into slits, clearly still miffed about what happened earlier.

Chaerin laughs at how Jiyong was being overly jealous even though he’s fully aware that everything was just going to be an act. How will this plan ever work if he won’t cooperate?

“What? You want him to just stand there?”

“Yes.” Chaerin just shakes her head at Jiyong’s silliness, “He’s obviously just doing this so he could spend time with you and in the long run hopefully –”

Jiyong stopped when he saw the look Chaerin gave him, it was a look that said “Do you really wanna go there?”; he changed the subject quickly, “Did he say if he knew it was her? Because Kiko said she wasn’t sure, if he knew.”

“He said no. He was as surprised as we are; she was gone when he woke up and he got sent the same pictures I was.” Chaerin explained.

“You don't know who sent the pictures right? We gotta find out who else has those pictures, we need to get rid of them.”

 

 


Meanwhile..

Jay was in the farthest end of the restaurant; he looked through the menu and drank his red wine leisurely, glad that the place wasn’t as crowded as it usually was. He had an important meeting that night and there were questions he needed answering himself.

“Thanks for meeting me.” Jay said he’d been waiting not too long. “Was it hard to find the place?”

“You’re welcome and no actually. So why did you want to meet with me? I leave for Gimpo in an hour.” she asked as soon as she sat in the well hidden booth.

“I just wanted to ask, if you think Jiyong still has feelings for you?”

 


A/N: Thank you for those who are still reading this. Sorry it's a day late, our internet was slow yesterday and we had to have someone fix it. Sorry it's short too because I'm trying to meticulously write this because it's important. Blah-Blah.

Anyway, how do you like it so far? How's Kiko so far for y'all? I wanted her to be neutral, kind-of, because she's always the antagonist in SD stories so I felt bad. Dammit why is Chaerin so forgiving? I was kind of questioning that myself..>.< Do you guys have any answers for that question? haha. COMMENT or DON'T its all right.^.^