Relationship Guru.

Mistakes [On Hiatus]

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update.:( i had a massive neck injury so I couldn't really type as much and it took me time to get this old laptop to work. But hey! I'm back & in honor of the King GD & Queen CL going to SIA together this will be a triple update!!!

Again sorry for the change in Rating. No some little dirty things here & there because I have never tried writing it so I'd be really bad at it. I may try in the future so fair warning.

 


 

Jaebeom became one of Jiyong’s friends, when Chaerin introduced them to each other. Their similar taste in music as well as an affinity for clubbing made them quite the good friends along with Youngbae & the rest of Nuthang.

Which was why when he first showed any interest in Chaerin who used to be a JYP trainee herself; Jiyong was all too happy to step aside.

Even if it meant that he was never to reveal his growing affection for her. That was how much of a good friend Jiyong was regardless if his & Jaebeom’s friendship wasn’t as close; he was prepared to bury his feelings.

After all he did meet her first and became friends with her first. He was there first, first to see Chaerin as more than a friend or at least man enough to admit it.

Following his original plan, on his way back to YG headquarters, Jiyong tried hard to not think about what had just happened, he had to shake-off essentially pummeling a really good friend to the ground. But no other memory popped into his head other than his conversation with Chaerin last week.

He began to sense that the budding romance of the two was beginning to lose traction and he found himself closer & more intimate with Chaerin like they used to be.

They seemed to spend a whole lot of time together lately; too much even. His studio had been always their meeting place even before but this time he noticed her being more inclined at spending even her spare time there.

With him and he was all for it.

Alone or with other people, working on new song ideas for his next album or just randomly sharing creative juices, he even credits his inspiration for BIGBANG's new album to their many nights spent in the studio together; they just enjoyed each other’s company. As a result co-producing her Solo album was bound to happen having spent half of their days with each other anyway.

Tonight they were alone and the fact that Jaebeom was back in Seattle for the holidays made it even more difficult to suppress his feelings.

“So how are you & Jaebeom doing? I mean you know how’s everything going with you two?” Jiyong asked nervously as he pretended to be as nonchalant as possible in asking for such information.

He noticed that Chaerin was spending more time in the studios than necessary, even though this was normal routine for the both of them she should at least be enjoying the perks of being in a relationship.

Thinking maybe she’s finally having doubts; Jiyong hoped against hope that tides were shifting in his favor. As Jiyong clicked away & changed some notes on his music sheet on the computer he strained his ears impatient for Chaerin’s answer.

She however did not indulge him with a response and kept her attention on the drawing she had been working on for a week now, she always had a black notebook with her filled to the brim with her drawings.

Feeling that he might have made her feel awkward he quickly added;

“Shouldn’t you be talking on the phone with him right now? It’s about 11 in the morning there right?”

Jiyong made sure to watch everything he says next, if he wasn’t careful he could come-off as either jealous or a really bad friend who could care less about her. Before he could say anything more Chaein interjected;

“Wow. Now that’s weird. So this is how it sounds like.” Chaerin said sitting up with a confused look on her face which also reflected on Jiyong’s face when she said it.

“What do you mean; how what sounds like?” Jiyong’s eyebrows furrowed, and with a puzzled look on his face he turned to look behind him since that was where Chaerin was sitting.

“I mean; so this is how you sound like when you ask about someone’s relationship. This is the first time you asked about Jay & me, & it’s been like what? 3 months?” She casually replied looking back down to continue to finishing her drawing. It’s not that he didn’t try asking her about them before but it just felt downright painful.

“Oh. Well. You know it’s not really my business to pry.” Jiyong awkwardly said taken aback by her reply looking at the computer screen in front of him again.

“Sure it isn’t.” Chaerin scoffed with clear sarcasm.

“Wasn’t it you who suggested to Papa YG that anyone who wants to date us must pass 3 tests? Prying could be your sideline occupation Jingyo oppa.” Chaerin all the while still concentrating on her drawing shading some parts of it in.

“You and Seungri. Actually you should work with Seungri so you can form the next Scooby-Doo cast or something.”

Jiyong was surprised because Chaerin didn’t sound like she was joking at all. He’s sure there’s something wrong, this was coming from somewhere & Jiyong was just the receiving end of it.

“Okay what’s wrong? What happened? Call me nosy as much as you want, just as long as you get whatever is bothering you out of your chest.” Jiyong said rolling his chair back to face Chaerin then placing his right ankle over his knee. This time he wanted to know because he thought maybe in some way he might be able to help the two.

“You know you can tell me anything.” Jiyong said tapping the tip of Chaerin’s nose cutely which made Chaerin smile heartwarmingly at her Oppa.

“Fine, I’ll tell you. I was skyping with Jay last night and he asked if I could go home with him next month. He wants me to meet his parents.”

Jiyong was gutted. He didn’t know what & how to react next. He didn’t really expect that things were this serious between Chaerin and Jaebeom; he even secretly hoped that they would break-up anytime soon.

Which he knew was extremely unfair and selfish of him but this was the farthest from their reality.

He guessed he just assumed things too much.

“Home?” He questioned pretending that he wasn’t panicking on the inside; he basically has now mastered the art of playing coy when around Chaerin.

“Seattle of course.”

“Oh yeah, well I don’t see what the problem is. I mean meeting the parents; isn’t that a big deal for girls?” Jiyong was thinking of so many things to say to avoid saying something either biased towards him or Jay. But his heart and his mind were pulling him in so many directions his head was spinning, although it may very well be all the all-nighters.

“Don’t get me wrong it’s really nice to hear that a guy wants to introduce you to his family, but what bothers me is that it feels like we’re moving too fast. We’ve only been going out for 3 months, besides it’s not like I have a lot time to just fly to Seattle whenever I want, I have my Solo release coming up.” Chaerin said as she wrapped a rubber band around her fingers.

Jiyong saw this as an opportunity; an opportunity to play on her worries and be the bad guy. Tell her that things are going too fast, exaggerate that they’re investing too much too soon in their relationship; so that eventually it’ll blow up their relationship.

But instead he opted to be the good guy;

“You’re not moving too fast, it just means he’s very serious about you. And even if you feel like you are; then you should tell him and just be honest. You need to make him feel you trust him enough with the pace of where you’re at. If he’s smart and he really does like you; he’ll want you to be comfortable.”

He said quite a lot in one breath. Gazing at Chaerin who was digesting what he said, Jiyong closed his eyes and regretted having said anything at all. 

 

“What if this backfires? It’s gonna be my fault if they break-up.”

“But if they get married, it’s gonna be because of me too. I practically told her to elope with him.”

He thought to himself, it would seem that he was laying it on thick but the look on Chaerin’s face was a hard read, every time it had to do something about Jaebeom, he couldn’t read her.

It might be something that any other regular person would consider as a sign that he should just get over her and back off but Jiyong was not a regular person and most especially when it came to Chaerin. So he brushed off this detail that her relationship was getting serious and took it as just another set-back.

“Yeah, you’re right Oppa.” Chaerin agreed, closing her notebook as she got up from her seat heading for the door.

“Where are you going?”   

“I’m gonna call Jay now. I told him I’ll give him an answer as soon as I make a decision.” She said turning the doorknob and before Jiyong could ask her what that decision was, she was gone.

 

The only conclusion he came up with is that his advice was a deciding factor for her. Jiyong wanted to push this memory out of his brain, he felt like the events of this night and leading up to it were based on that conversation.

As he pulled up to the YG HQ garage and dialed Chaerin’s number again for the nth time but still no answer. He knew he should’ve just not said anything at all that night. Then again he may just be over thinking and assuming things all over again, but he was certain about something; that conversation was another mistake.

 


 

A/N: What a yucky title.XD I couldn't think of a good one. Might change it once i think of something better. Sorry if this was boring and quite long and dragging. The next two chapters are essentially just one chapter I split it into two just because I can. LOL~ I kid. haha! IDK it just felt right to split them up.