Planning Stages

Mistakes [On Hiatus]

ANNYEONG GUYS~!^.^ AGAIN GREETINGS TO NEW AND OLD SUBSCRIBERS..:p

A/N: Sorry I had a busy couple of work weeks and I had to support my sis through some tough she was going through..:( I could only work on this during the weekends I was free, unlike Night at the Be@rbrick Museum which is fluff, this is melodramatic stuff so I needed to concentrate greatly.XD It is gonna be a double update, next chapter will be up later midnight. This went through a lot of editing and what have you because remember I lost part of this before and wrote from memory.>.< not sure if you'll like it though, I'm gonna be finishing this story up soon so I could concentrate on my two new stories which I'm excited for.^.^ Night at the Be@rbrick Museum will be updated tomorrow.XD  

 


 

The change in the air was ushering in one of the coldest winters they were probably ever going to have and a week has passed since the party. To say things were weird around the office was an understatement. The days that followed were spent fully preparing for Chaerin’s Solo Album release and YG was sparing no expense.

However this was not the reason why the days at HQ were not the typical ones they’ve had in the past. Aside from the fact that everyone was still abuzz with the TopBom or SpringTempo Nuptials, as they have lovingly dubbed the two and Chaerin’s solo activities, there was still much debate on what the fate of Chaerin and Jiyong held.

The two were barely seen together and if they were sighted with each other in the office they stood two feet away from one another in a casual conversation. No smiles, no laughter and definitely no touching.

Which was extremely bizarre for the normally cozy and intimate friends. Friends, or so they thought.

Everyone wasn’t blind at the closeness of the leaders and over the years people always thought they would end up together but if still they weren’t together, they probably never will be.

But when the two went to work and arrived at the same time in Jiyong’s Lamborghini this extremely cold November morning you should see the meaningful stares they got. Thankfully no fans saw them.

“I don’t understand you two; are you together or what? It’s weird.” TOP piped up all wide eyed as soon as the two came into the studio together. He’s the first person to ask the inevitable question.

Jiyong and Chaerin just looked at each other then laughed. Awkwardly. Definitive instructions from the boss you see. They had to pretend like nothing happened, and for sure something did;

“What? No. She’s still with Jay; she just hitched a ride.”

Lied the BIGBANG leader casually sitting next to TOP, Chaerin followed suit as casually as Jiyong did to TOP’s left; who was left with a confused face exhibited on his face.

They were recording a track the three of them for BIGBANG’s next album, even if there wasn’t a certain date yet because of the wedding, this was the only time TOP was available. Even right now he was knee deep in wedding plans.

“Decide a date yet?” Chaerin asked to switch the attention to the sample invitations sprawled across the table.

“We’re possibly early or late spring, but it definitely has to be spring. Bom gave me my first homework and I’m bored as hell already.” TOP replied completely forgetting to ask about the two’s status.

“Wait that’s in 5 months right?”

TOP nods and turns his attention back to choosing from what looked like 500 samples of invitations on his iPad and several actual ones on the table. Chaerin then gets up and announces she’ll need to leave soon so she’ll go first for the recording.

“Okay. Let’s get started.” Jiyong indifferently says as he clicked the mouse. Chaerin’s session went smoothly and she was in and out of the studio in 45 minutes heading to her Music Video shoot which was on its last day.

“Okay seriously dude. What the is going on? You usually and flirt with her if she’s leaving too soon, begging her to hang around longer. Don’t deny that you use those puppy dog eyes of yours on her and it works every time.” Declared TOP as soon as Chaerin left the room.

“Not to mention the fact you always, and I mean always, go to whatever shoot she has to monitor her or whatever. What’s the deal?” he added with an annoyed voice.

“No deal. We’re still friends but we agreed being too close was making things difficult; for everybody. Besides her promotions start next week so she's busy as hell and I’d rather not bother her.” Jiyong replied as he started mixing Chaerin’s vocal recording here and there.

“Aren’t you her main producer? You’re supposed to be there at the Music Video shoot.” TOP scoffed at how ridiculous he finds Jiyong’s excuse.

“She’ll be fine. She doesn’t need me. I trust her judgment and if it’s a consolation I’ll drop by later after Seungri finishes his recording.” Answered Jiyong expressionlessly.

“I guess it’s friendship over for you two. Weirdos.” TOP shrugs and mumbles the last word leaving it at that. Jiyong internally smirks, ecstatic that TOP bought his answer.

He was glad that he studied acting when he was young or he would’ve panicked as soon as TOP questioned him. Then again Seungri was another case because based on what Youngbae told him, the maknae saw him making-out with Chaerin.

 


 

“Ya! Will you stop zoning out on me?” Yanggaeng said nudging Soohyuk by the shoulder. Seemingly being jolted to life, Soohyuk murmured a bit defensively;

“I didn’t zone out.”

“Yes you did–”

The young model groans and rolls his eyes at his friend; it’s true he has been a little distracted. But frankly he’s one of those people who would rather ignore his feelings than get in touch with what normal people call as; emotions.

Emotions that he’s already buried underneath but that night he kissed Chaerin on her forehead, everything started bubbling up on the surface again. He found himself feeling more and more jealous at the thought of Jiyong and Chaerin being together; finally.

But he asked for this didn’t he? He’s the one who made her realize her feelings. Then again was this really jealousy?

“Why’d you do it? Why did you let her borrow your car then not tell her that you still have feelings for her? She might’ve chosen you over me.” Soohyuk remembered Jiyong ask him when they met up a week ago, it was the first time they spoke after the shouting match they had at the bar. They didn’t even talk at the engagement/album announcement party the night before.

He averted his eyes, he was never the talking type and Jiyong seeing right through him was making him feel uneasy.

“That’s the thing, she’ll never choose me. She’ll never choose anyone over you. Even if she ends up marrying someone else, having kids with that person; it’s always gonna be you. I would rather not put myself through that pain all over again.”

Soohyuk answered softly, pain reflected in his eyes but his blank face did it’s best to hide it.

“It was a mistake falling in love with her because she was never mine to begin with. And if I still pursued her, be with her, I’ll be making another mistake by losing my best friend.”

“Our friendship was the sacrifice you were talking about?”

“Yes, I almost sacrificed us. I guess I love you more than I do her, strictly platonic of course. You avoided us the whole time we were dating and that really because I knew how much it was hurting you. Chaerin was oblivious though.” Soohyuk chuckled awkwardly. It was strange these were things he’s always considered easy, concealing his feelings but it seems he’s currently having difficulty. 

"It was kind of like I took her from you suddenly, specially since you held onto her for so long after Kiko broke up with you. But you're feelings for her was there way before Kiko came into the picture." 

Jiyong considered his friend for a bit, he always had a calm disposition so this was a weird Soohyuk he was seeing;

“I would’ve been totally fine if she chose you.” He said before leaning back in his chair casually but his face said otherwise contorting in a slight wary outline.

Suddenly Soohyuk roared with laughter as he sat back as well. Jiyong was always bad at hiding his feelings when it came to Chaerin and this was no exception. 

“Need I remind you of your mental breakdown the other day? Stop lying to yourself Ji, I’m better at it than you’ll ever be.” Jested the 6 foot model although Jiyong felt extremely bad, you can even say guilty, so he hesitated on telling Soohyuk anything further about Chaerin coming over and everything else that happened.

Noticing the look on Jiyong’s face Soohyuk smiled encouragingly at him then tapped his back;

“Ya! I’ll be fine. I’ll get over it. Besides if you this up; I’ll be waiting at the wings ready to swoop in because I have your blessing. And I promise you Jay Park won’t get to touch a hair follicle on Chaerin’s lovely little head.” 

Then just like that, Soohyuk was brought back to the present. He and Yanggaeng were headed to Chaerin’s Music Video shoot; he was practically dragged by him to come because his friend was as usual chose to be ignorant.

“Hurry, I’m already late.”

“Remind me again why I came with you? I have fittings too you know, maybe you’ve forgotten I still have to work for a living.” Soohyuk said as he turned a corner, he’s practically turned into Yanggaeng’s driver to be honest.

“C’mon man, I thought you and Chae were good now. You used to tag along to either her or Ji’s shoots when you’re not busy and I know you’re not because your fittings aren’t until later tonight. It’s the last day of her MV shoot.” Replied Yanggaeng, his eyes glinting of days past when all four of them just hung out having fun and doing absolutely anything bat crazy.

“Are you even styling this thing?” Soohyuk asked parking his Audi A7 and killing the engine.

“What do you think?” Yanggaeng said as he stepped out the car closely followed by Soohyuk.

“Forget I asked. Wipe that smug look off of your face you're late as it is. Who else is going to be here?” As soon as Soohyuk asked the question and entered the warehouse it was immediately answered when he saw the man that had his arm over Chaerin’s shoulders.

 


 

Chaerin tilted her head to the side ever so slightly wearing the sweetest smile she could muster at the click of the camera as the person next to her tensed up suddenly.

“Jaebeom-ssi please relax just imagine that nobody’s here and just the two of you.” The photographer paused upon seeing how awkward Jay was being. Chaerin was extremely apologetic, she hated that Jay was being subjected to this kind of bull after everything.

It wasn’t the photographer’s fault. He was just shooting BTS scenes of her Music Video shoot, although he was the one who pulled the unsuspecting Jay from the sidelines and asked him to pose with her.

“You know what; maybe we should take a break? All of us.” Chaerin voiced out immediately because she heard Jay let out an exasperated breathe and he may just give the photographer a piece of his mind.

The photographer nodded in agreement and Jay let Chaerin go instantly and walked to the dressing room. She was about to follow him when she noticed two people with their mouths open whom currently, having Jay here; she did not want to be anywhere within the vicinity.

“What the hell are you two doing here?!” hissed the 2NE1 leader pulling Yanggaeng and Soohyuk by the arm away from everybody else.

“Did Jiyong send you?!”

“Why would he?”

Suddenly Chaerin pauses horrified that she forgot that no one knows where she and Jiyong really stood. To everyone’s knowledge her boyfriend was still Jay. Only Dara and she presumes Youngbae by default, knows that she and Jiyong are in a relationship now.

“Not the point. What are you doing here?” she snapped an attempt to change the subject, so that the two won’t question her further about what she said last.

“Ugh..I’m your stylist?” Yanggaeng sarcastically remarked.

“Yeah..And you’re late.” Chaerin retorted with the same tone but internally face-palming herself for forgetting.

“Don’t change the subject. Soohyuk wanted to surprise you, but we’re the ones who were ing surprised. Clearly you haven’t tossed that to the curb yet.” Yanggaeng cried, the stylist with his never failing bluntness.

“Seungho oppa; lay off will you.” Chaerin rolled her eyes.

“I mean Rin you do remember what happened at the party right?” Yanggaeng said crossly as he shook his head and wore a disappointed look on his face, continuing on;

“You were there weren’t you? You didn’t get in an accident and got amnesia right?”

“WILL YOU SHUT THE UP?!” Soohyuk barked at him silencing him immediately and taking Chaerin by surprise at his sudden loss of cool.

“Rin I’m sorry I barged in your set, I’ll get out of here if you want and Yanggaeng will do his job.” Apologized Soohyuk, his face relaxing and returning to his deadpan expression unreadable as it always was to Chaerin. Maybe that was also one of the reasons they never worked out; he never let her in, ever.

“No, it’s okay. You can stay oppa. As long as you keep your mouth shut and I’m not talking to Soohyuk oppa.” Chaerin eyed Yanggaeng her eyes turning into slits heading over to the dressing room to follow Jay.

But right before she could reach the door; Soohyuk caught up to her and whispered;

“Seriously though? What happened? I thought you and Jiyong–”

“Oppa, let’s talk about it some other time. It’s complicated what happened that night and I have too many things that need my attention right now.”

Soohyuk reluctantly nods in agreement, he was confused. Jiyong’s temperament the other day, when they met up so he could return his car keys on behalf of Chaerin, was anything but depressing.

He automatically dials Jiyong’s number right when he starts walking away.

 


 

Chaerin steeled her nerves. Jay arrived just 20 minutes ago and people were already giving him looks and whispers then the photographer berates him with taking a picture of the two of them together. Adding to the mix Jiyong’s other best friends were here. She turns the knob and slowly enters the room, finding Jay in an angry dialogue with his assistant as he paced back and forth.

“I don’t even know why the I’m here?!” He screams crazily flailing his arms around and mumbles to himself. His assistant had a confused look on her face not really sure why he was so angry.

But Chaerin knew. To catch Jay’s attention, she clears but he continues muttering to himself relentlessly.

“Oppa..”

She says to him, finally making him look up and look at her in the eyes since that day they broke up. Jay signals his assistant to leave. He’s been avoiding her for the past few days. Rejecting her calls and not replying to her texts and emails.

Ultimately he thinks it’s about time he voiced out what he really felt about the whole situation to Chaerin; without warning he feels that suffocation all over again.

“Chaerin, I think I should talk this time okay?” Jay pronounces softly, shockingly he’s found his voice.

He just wants to kiss her right now but even having his arm around just her shoulders, having her so close to him made him more aware of the fact that they were no longer together. Like it was very wrong to be in love with her.

“I have to be honest ba– ” Catching himself before he called her what he used to call her, he continued.

“Chae..Chaerin I’ve been avoiding you. I know we’re supposed to stay lovey-dovey and stuff but even just as simple as looking at you hurts.”

“This was a mistake. I just can’t pretend that I’m okay with you, pretending, to be in love with me. Because unlike you I am in love with you, I still am; and acting okay and all like that crap outside is making me nauseous.” Jay’s eyes start to water but he remembers that if he lets her see how much pain he’s in she’ll get upset so he blinks his tears back.

And he shouldn’t punish her for something that wasn’t entirely just her fault.

He had a part in all of it to be honest. He’s always had feelings for her and it took heartbreak with Soohyuk for her to take a chance with those around her; on him. But he should’ve realized early on that they never did have a chance, because she never had an opportunity to take a stab at who she really loved.

“I’m going away for a bit, that’s why I came today; to discuss it with you.”

“Where are you going?”

“Seattle. I think I need a change in scenery. Just for a little while though. I’m starting to hate Korean Media again; they’re pegging us for this domesticated couple and I don’t even understand why. They even photoshopped my head on a ing scrawny guy that looks like he’s running for governor or something. Do I look scrawny to you?” Jay scoffed disdainfully.

Then he cracks his first smile in the last 7 days. Shortly after he breaks in to a fit of laughs, which at first made Chaerin think he was going crazy. He probably was, but then she eventually realizes he was making an effort so she couldn’t hold back her laughter too.

“I saw that picture. I looked like a Stepford Wife.” She said in between giggles. 

Jay wipes the tears from the corner of his eyes having laughed so hard then says;

“In all seriousness though Chae, you would make a wonderful wife.” Jay encourages, he couldn’t help but imagine her being a mother and a wife. The thought first came to him when he invited her to go with him to Seattle and meet his parents.

But that never did happen.

Now it never will.

Chaerin gives him a small smile. She’s glad that Jay was being sweet but it didn’t make her feel any less bad. Then again it does give her hope that they could still be friends in the future.

He wants to say more, ask her so many questions. Like ask her if this is really what she wants or if she’s happy. But the more he looks at her the more he didn’t want to hear the answer because already knows it.

He approaches her slowly and raises his hand to touch her face but he hesitates then in the end puts his hand down.

“I miss you and I’m gonna try harder. Try harder to not love you anymore but I can’t act for cameras like that.” Jay nods towards the door pertaining to what happened earlier.

“This is gonna be my last attempt at letting you go Lee Chaerin but not completely giving you up because I still want to be your friend. So I’ll stay until you finish your shoot, I just can’t be in any camera because I’ll be too awkward in them. They would catch on about us.” He had a valid point, Chaerin thought.

The more they parade their relationship the more awkward they will get because they were simply pretending and people will just see right through it, especially fans because they do tend to be very intuitive.

“Oppa you don’t have..” Chaerin begins. It was weird hearing her call him oppa just like she does anyone else, he guesses he may just have to get used to it.

“Yeah I technically have to. So I could leave and get a break, I’ll come to your shoots and we’ll leave together. I’ll have to drop you off at your dorm afterwards, or wherever, to show support. Doing that in the next couple of days buys us time so that people won’t start break-up rumors when I go to the states. I’ll be here until your 1st broadcast though, don’t worry.” Jay stated in a matter-of-fact tone and clearly he’s thought this through.

“No way am I doing that bull cover your PR team sent as a proposal. We need to take control of the situation and keep things low-key to make it seem believable, I have YG’s okay in this.”

Chaerin agreed to Jay’s suggestion and this was something she wanted in the first place, her relationship out of the spotlight but they were no longer together. So didn’t it seem too cruel of her to put Jay through all of this? And he letting her do so was putting all sorts of questions in her head, for example; why?

At least they now had a plan, she shrugs.

 


 

Jiyong prepared his snarkiest remark to what would be Seungri’s interrogation but he was surprised that the maknae didn’t mention a word of it. He was in his worst mood ever because he was supposed to be in Japan an hour ago and all he did was complain about it.

His work day progressed per usual since this morning, first with Chaerin and TOP. But it became clear to Jiyong that now with Seungri, who was redoing his part upon strict orders from the producer, Jiyong, he wasn't going to shut up about leaving for Japan already. Seungri had to reschedule his flight because they absolutely had to finish the track. The maknae wanted to arrive a day early in Okinawa so he could spend some time with one of his new conquests.

“Hyung can’t we do this on Saturday when I get back from the variety show shoot?” Seungri whines into the microphone, they’ve been at it for almost 3 hours straight.

“No. We have to get this track done today. Just do what you have to do, okay? The sooner you accomplish what you’re supposed to do, the sooner you can get to your chick in Okinawa and do, whatever disgusting thing you want to do to her.” Jiyong says curtly through the intercom.

“HYUNG! How’d you find out about that?!” Exclaims Seungri; surprised that someone knew what his intent was for leaving for Japan earlier than scheduled. 

“I didn’t. I just took a wild guess. Bro you seriously have to stop giving your -capades away so easily, .” Jiyong shakes his head before leaning back on his chair a look of frustration evident.

He wasn’t the only one who wanted to finish soon, Jiyong wanted to deliver on what he told TOP earlier and go to Chaerin’s shoot.

Seungri groans in shame, he really does need to learn when to shut-up. But this doesn’t deter the young 24 year old. He signals to start the track and focuses himself on the fact that he has a woman waiting on baited breath for him, probably wearing y lingerie. Or better yet close to nothing.

Similarly Jiyong concentrated on their task at hand to finish the track while he listened intently to Seungri’s recording. He had this rule that his phone was to stay out of his hands when they have a deadline. But after pointing out several mistakes and providing suggestions to improve his part, Jiyong was spent and decided to break his rule.

There were multiple calls from Soohyuk in the past hour or so and a couple of texts which were from him too. Then one more SMS came in which almost made him choke on the strawberry milkshake he was drinking that Chaerin made for him this morning;

Jiyong immediately darted out the door to make a very important phone call.

After about 20 minutes of waiting for his hyung to comeback Seungri’s patience was wearing thin because he knew he couldn’t leave without knowing if what he’s done so far was good enough for the OCD Jiyong who nit-picks at everything. Especially at what he does, thank God they don’t live together as much anymore.

Every minute spent waiting was prolonging his agony, he was ing . Good thing was he received a text which was like an early Christmas present from Jiyong.

Seungri was over the moon, he practically ran out of the building;

The moment Jiyong sent out the message he let out a sigh before looking back at the person in front of him. He was in one of the meeting rooms and with dreadful thoughts going through his head he reluctantly asked the person the ultimate question in english;

“What are you doing here Kiko?”

 


 

A/N: I finally found an iOS 7 fake text thingy.XD Okay I know Kiko popping up was a bit out of nowhere but it will make sense in time. Also blame Jiyong for posting sappy on is IG and Twitter. I seriously think they broke up. I'm a HARDCORE SKYDRAGON shipper but Kiko being GD's real GF cannot be dismissed. I'm not that illogical to ignore it. I might lose subscribers for this and it's fine. lol~ it's my opinion.XD I don't really curr~

Tell me what you guys think about this chapter and anything else. Kiko, HIMYM's BAD FINALE (I know AFF heh.:P i'm just still fuming about that.), Life, GDCL's lives, yours? I love reading comments. But then again it's still up to you what you want to do. We all have free will right? Just please keep it civil errkay?^.^