Chapter 6

But he is perfect in my eyes.. [Hiatus]

As you woke up the next morning you felt absolutely whacked. You couldn't get any proper sleep the whole night because you kept rolling from one to the other side, Yoongis bunny in your arms. You were so nervous. What should you talk about with Jin? Wouldn't it be totally awkward? You always behaved like a retard in his presence.
As you finally managed to close your eyes it was almost 6am. Since you wanted to practice before going to eat something with him you only had 4 hours of sleep.
As your alarm clock ringed you let out a frustrated groan, hitting it hard until it stopped ringing. With your eyes almost completely closed you wambled into the bathroom to splash cold water into your face. You wouldn't shower now since you would be sweaty after practice and there would be still enough time to do so.
Not even in the mood for coffee you put on your trainings clothes, tied your hair in a messy bun and took a bottle of water on your way out the dorm. The cold air helped you waking up a bit as you walked from your dorm over to the company building.

As you entered the building and reached the floor with the practice rooms you still weren't able to open your eyes properly. Without thinking too much about it you entered the very first room, just to walk into the practice of someone else.


Oh. Sorry.” you mumbled, bowing a few times as you backed off without even taking a proper look at who it was. “HyeMi-ssi?” you stopped. This voice was familiar, even to your tired brain. You looked up and exactly into Jins eyes. “Oh! Annyeong haseyo!” you bowed deep, trying to suppress a yawn. Not really successful. He let out a chuckle. “Didn't you sleep well?” You just shrugged and made a motion that was something between nodding and shaking your head. And here you go again, making a fool out of yourself.

As you looked up to see how he reacted you just saw his usual warm smile. “Me neither.” You tilted your head. “Oh?” he imitated your strange head-shoulder-movement which made you laugh. “Are you here to practice?” he asked as you calmed down, which you answered with a nod, still sleepy. He nodded too and it seemed as if he tried to make a decision. Without you even noticing it you had closed the door by now and stood inside the practice room. Jin in the meantime scratched the back of his head. “You're really diligent.” he said but it seemed as if he was playing for time while still thinking about the decision he wanted to make.
So you just nodded again, keeping silent to let him decide what ever he had to decide.
Finally he cleared his throat, looking at you again. “Do you.. well.. want to try this.. choreography? You know.. for the event.” you could immediately felt how your cheeks got hot and you just hoped that you weren't blushing.
I.. uhm.. yeah.. but I.. have to stretch first..” he just nodded, taking a few steps to the side so you could stand next to him in front of the mirror. Oh god this was even more awkward since you two were alone now. Both of you kept silent for a while as you stretched your muscles and he drank a few gulps out of his water bottle. After a while Jin made his way to the door. “I get a chair from the hallway..” he mumbled and without waiting for a reply he slipped out of the room.

 

By now your heart was racing again. Just a few moments later he came back and placed the chair in the middle of the room. It seemed as if he had collected himself while he had left the room because he looked a lot calmer now. “Are you ready?
You nodded and took your place on the chair while Jin searched for the right CD and finally played the song.

The first few tries were just as awkward as always. He didn't touch you, you didn't touch him and both of you were too awkward to look at each other for more than 5 seconds.. After half an hour it seemed as if Jin had made another decision. “This won't do.” he said as he paused the music once again. “Look...” he said, clearing his throat again. “You know the moves.. even with your eyes closed, right?” You just nodded. What was his plan? Did he want to blindfold you? He joined into your nodding and made his way to the door. Before you could ask what he was about to do he turned the lights off. At first it was really dark and you couldn't see your hand in front of your eyes but your eyes got used to it really fast so you could see his silhouette coming towards you.
Let's try it like this..” his voice was more like a whisper and sounded a bit deeper now, that he had turned off the lights. Shivers rolled down your spine once again as you simply nodded, not being able to say a thing.


As the music started to play once more and as he took the spot behind you and the chair he bended forward, his lips close to your ear. “Don't even think about it. Just feel the music.” he whispered and you tried to forget everything around you. It worked at the beginning and even when you were supposed to push him onto the chair, when you knew that he wouldn't touch you, but as the moment came closer and closer your heart started to thump like mad again. “I'll touch you this time. Just slightly. Don't get startled.” he whispered, his voice was barely hearable over the music. Just a second later you could feel his fingers lightly brushing up your leg.

You gasped and backed off a bit. He looked up to you. “I'm so-” he started but you immediately shook your head. “No. I'm sorry. Let's try it again.” you whispered barely hearable yourself. Jin looked at you for a few seconds but then got up to start the music from the beginning again.
 

This time you were able to dance the whole thing. It was easier when you couldn't see each others faces, even the touching was bearable even though your legs where shaking the whole time, you managed to go through the whole choreography with him. After your last time pushing him away from you and eventually walking away both of you where out of breath, not saying a word for a few seconds.
That was.. good.. I think..?” you couldn't help yourself but giggle at his voice, which was strangely proud but also confused and a bit shy. This luckily diffused the tension. He joined your laughing. “Yah. Are you laughing at me?” it took you a while to calm down since you needed to laugh all the nervousness out of your body. “No. No sorry.” still grinning you searched for your water bottle, taking a few sips.

As you noticed that Jin was on his way to the light switch you unintentionally squeaked a bit.
Huh..?” he turned around, looking at the direction he heard your from. “Should we..” you mumbled nervously playing with the water bottle in your hands. “I mean.. could we.. try it again? Without lights?” He kept silent for a while. “Sure.

 

You danced the choreography a few times while the lights were turned off. With every time you both got more confident and less awkward.
After about 5 or 6 tries you let yourself drop to the floor and Jin finally the lights. His fluffy hair was all messed up and your cheeks were burning and pink but you both felt good, smiling brightly at each other.

As he sat down next to you he gave you your bottle and took a few sips out of his own. “I think we're making good progress.” he stated totally functional which made you laugh again. “Yah. Are we robots?” he looked at you in confusion but then had to grin himself. “No. I'm just trying to think objectively.” you didn't say anything just drank from your bottles as you suddenly noticed, that he was looking at you with a strangely intense expression. “I'm looking forward to tonight.” he simply said, getting up afterwards and collecting his belongings together.
“I have vocal lessons soon.” he said, not looking at you. You were still too confused about the words before that, that you haven't noticed that he had blushed a little.
I pick you up at 5pm then?” you nodded and with that he quickly left the practice room, leaving you behind, flustered and with still burning cheeks. Your weariness was forgotten a long time ago.

 


 

Authors note:

Oh god I'm sorry if this has any grammar or spelling mistakes but my feels kept killing me during this chapter and I was totally fangirling over imagining this. asdfghjl;' -flails-

 

btw why does it sound as if they're.. not dancing sometimes..?