How Could A 10 Go For A 5?

He's Out of My League

 

 

"How about we watch Psycho next? Norman Bates is such a tainted soul you know? Living up in that house on the hill casually killing women like it's no big deal and says it's his mother. This is by far a cult classic of the sixties, how about it?" I ask as I begin to look through my huge pile of old school classic horror movies.

 

I look up at Kris and sadly he's been typing away on his phone with that huge flirty grin on his perfectly sculpted face. Oh god I wish I looked as good as him and attract the mob of girls and boys as he does. I guess it's one of the troubles of being roommates and best friends with the best looking guy on campus, but its whatever I guess.

 

"Hello! Earth to Kris!" I yell as I throw a dvd case at his chest which finally grabs his attention.

 

"Dude! What the ?" His face turning red and his phone dropping in lap.

 

"You haven't looked up the entire movie. Nightmare on Elm Street is our favorite and you were texting that panda eye boy the entire time. He's messing with our hang out time."

 

I sat back down on my blue bean bag and press play on the movie, someone what paying attention to the movie previews while Kris continued to type away on that damn phone. Ever since he started "talking" to that panda eyed boy Tao he cancels our plans all the ing time. I realize he wants to date Tao but damn, I was here first I deserve some type of attention from my best friend.

 

He sighed loudly and looked back over to me, finally putting his phone back in his pocket.

 

"I'm sorry its just Tao wants to go out the eat tonight and maybe he'll finally let me put the Kris Wu Fan charms on him. After the dinner, have a walk through the park and talk about all that sentimental . Guys like Tao love talking about feelings and all that."

 

I roll my eyes at his insensitiveness and continue to watch the movie playing in front of us. Every know and then grabbing popcorn from the bowl on the floor.

"Oh by the way I kind of need the room to myself for the night just in case Tao wants to come over and you know hook up or whatever."

 

"Where am I suppose to go?" I got up pausing the movie and looking for my sneakers

 

"Ge I don't know. Go to the arcade and find yourself a boyfriend then you won't be so lonely and bored all the damn time."

 

"Why do I put up with you? Fine whatever I'm leaving. Please don't have on my bed or near my bed that's all I ask." I warned Kris as I began to put on my favorite grey sweater.

 

"You love me that's why and I can't make any promises."

 

Kris roughly pushed me out the room and shut the door. He can be a giant sometimes more like all the time. I walked down the empty hallway and through the double doors, walking out in the Spring cold. Damn, I should have wore another jacket I mumbled to myself and began to walk down the familiar path to the local arcade.

 

Walking through the front doors of the marvelous video game wonderland, I waved to the familiar faces and walked over to my favorite game of choice, Space Invaders.

 

To any normal individual this would seem to be the lamest game of all time because it's so simple and quite old but to me this was life. Spending up to three hours trying to beat my high score which takes time and concentration.

 

"Luhan! Oh look they have air hockey we have to play it's the best. I haven't played in so long."

 

I turned around and saw a beautiful short dirty blonde boy maybe around my age pulling another short doe eyed with blinding blonde hair near the air hockey table that was right across from me.

 

Oh sweet baby Jesus, God is real  

 

I discreetly watched as the dirty blonde beauty bent down and put the coins in the machine and the machine sprung to life. His eyes glowed with so much excitement but his white haired friend had his arms crossed and didn't even looked amused.

 

"Baekhyun I'm not playing this game with you! I can't believe you even dragged me in here with all these dorks. They're all drooling over you too gosh this is gross."

 

I immediately looked around and noticed a small crowd of pre-teen boys crowding around them, staring intently. I couldn't blame them they were both unbelievingly beautiful it was hard not to stare especially at Baekhyun.

 

"It's whatever ignore them just play with me,please" He pleaded as he handed his friend the puck.

 

"No, I'm leaving. I'll see you at Starbucks when you're done hanging out with these losers." He handed back the puck and walked out through the double doors of the arcade.

 

"Hey you!"

 

Who is he talking to?

 

"You, tall guy with the cute glasses."

 

Cute? I pointed at myself and looked around twice to make sure he was talking to me and just me.

 

"Yeah you! Do you play air hockey?"

 

The cute boy is talking to me.

 

A cute boy is talking to me.

 

A boy is talking to me.

 

A boy with a pulse is talking to me.

 

Is this a dream?

 

"Are you just going to stand there all day or are you going to play with me? C'mon please! I would hate to leave here without playing my favorite game." He said as he pulled me over to the air hockey table.

 

He's touching me.

 

He put his hands on me.

 

There must be an off balance in the universe if this is happening.

 

"You do know how to play right?" He smirked at me while sliding the puck in the middle while gripping on to the mallet getting ready to play.

 

I quickly nodding and grabbed my mallet as well. I was practically sweating bricks at this point. My first interaction with a boy who's a solid ten that's not Kris. He would probably never talk to a guy like me outside this arcade which is depressing as I already want to be his friend or maybe even more.

 

"Let's play then."

 

 

 


 

8 rounds later

 

"Tall guy you're really good at this, possibly even better than me." He laughed showing off his beautiful smile and pearly whites.

 

"I have a name."

 

"What is it then?"

 

"Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol."

 

"Nice name, I'm Byun Baekhyun. Don't ever call me bacon it's really annoying so just Baekhyun."

 

The game finally ended and of course I let him win with a score of eight to six.

 

"Are you doing anything after this?" He asked me as we walked out the arcade together back into the cold whether. Our hands brushing against each other and I had to fight all urge to hold his hand.

 

"Uh no. I was actually about to head over to Starbucks and buy some tea and cookies." Nervously scratching the back of my head as we began to cross the street.

 

"Great! I was heading over there too. My friend Luhan, the guy I walked in with the y attitude were suppose to meet up over there. You should join us or really me since I know he's only there to talk to the colorful haired barista that works there."

 

Everything felt too good to be true. A cute boy walks into the arcade and wants to play with me or all people. I was freakishly tall and wearing my dorky reading glasses and I'm pretty sure I look stupid but he approached me anyway. Now he wants to go to Starbucks and possibly hang out? This kind of stuff doesn't happen to people like me. This couldn't be real. I needed to get out of this.

 

"Well actually I have to go back to my dorm, I forgot I have some studying to do for my math class."

 

He looked up at me disappointed and his radiant smile turned into a frown. I felt bad lying to him but why on Earth would a ten consider talking to a five?

 

"That's okay, we could hang out some other time I guess. Give me your phone."

 

I quickly handed it over to him. This was really happening.

 

He began to type in his name and number. He smiled and handed my phone back over to me.

 

"I'll see you later Park Chanyeol. Call or text me sometime so we can go out sometime." He waved at me as he walked into the Starbucks building, leaving me to stand there by myself staring at me phone.

 

Baekhyunnie 。♥‿♥。

 

643-324-2432

 

The  universe needs to stop ing with me. This has a be a joke.

 

I turned around and walked back down the familiar path of my dormitory. The wind blew even harder now that is was getting darker out, I wrapped my sweater tighter around my body and walked back through the double doors of my dorm.

 

I walked down the hallway back towards my door 1E. Before I could even put the key in the doorknob I heard . I automatically froze and cringed at the thought of Kris and Tao...having gross. I quickly put my key back into my pocket and walked over to 1C, knocking on the door exactly three times giving the person on the other side enough time to answer me.

 

The doorknob began to jingle and open revealing my colorful haired friend Sehun.

 

"Kris brought one of his boy toys over again?" He asked as he let me in his shared room

 

"Yeah how could you tell?" I sat down on his small couch attempting to make myself comfortable since this would be my bed for the night.

 

"We're next door neighbors and these walls are thin. I hear everything that happens."

 

He tossed a blanket and a pillow in my direction and disappeared into his room. I layed on the uncomfortable couch for while just replying the events of my day. I still couldn't wrap my mind against a ten like Baekhyun talking to someone like me. With that thought put to rest I dozed off into a deep sleep.


 

TBC

 


YAY! I got the first part finished! Sadly this seems really rushed and hopefully the next part isn't. I know there are some grammar errors so don't be afraid to point them out to me. I'll hopefully be done with the second part by the weekend. Lastly leave comments on what you want to happen next it helps! kk I have school now so bye  ´ ▽ ` )ノ