Chapter 10

Secrets

“Hey Niel hyung” Ricky smiled cutely. “Wanna go to the arcade today with me?” he asked. 

“Arcade..?” Niel thought about it. “…Nah I’m tired” 

You can go with that stupid Chunji, but not with me? Thought Ricky and sighed.

“Fine… “ he said and walked away.

Niel didn’t even notice that Ricky was gone. He was too busy trying to call Chunji. The two of them had been hanging out together a lot lately. Chunji was the first person that Niel actually felt comfortable around with. He himself was surprised about that. 

“Aish why won’t he answer?” pouted Niel and placed his phone in his pocket. He was in the school yard, having his lunch alone since Ricky walked away. Niel was in his deep thought when suddenly a ball hit him, causing him to fall a little backwards.

“Ow..” he held his head. 

“Are you okay?” someone yelled and ran towards Niel. “I’m so sorry, it was an accident” the person sat next to Niel and tried to look at his head to see if there were any injuries or not. 

“I-I’m fine” Niel’s voice cracked and he quickly stood up. He faced that person and gave him a weak smile. 

“I’m really sorry…” he apologized again. 

“It’s fine” Niel said shyly and looked away. 

“Oh, your lunch fell down” the boy pointed at Niel’s lunch that had fallen when the ball hit him.

“You have to let me buy you a new one” he insisted. 

“N-No.. it’s fine, really” Niel shook his head. What’s up with this weird guy? He thought. 
 

“No, I insist, let’s go now” he smiled and grabbed Niel’s hand.

He dragged him all the way to the cafeteria and bought him a new lunch. 

“Thanks” said Niel quietly. 

The boy just smiled and nodded. “I’m Byunghun by the way” he pulled his hand out. “But you can call me L.Joe” 

“Ah… Nice to meet you, I’m Niel” Niel shook his hand. “I-I've never seen you here before” 

“I’m new here” smiled L.Joe. He was about to ask Niel something but Niel interrupted him. 

“I have to go…my friend is waiting for me” he lied and stood up. 

“Oh okay, see you later?” waved L.joe and he left.

Wow, no wonder I was surprised that he was actually talking to ME. He’s new, of course… He knows nothing about me. Thought Niel and sighed as he walked into his classroom. 

After his classes had finished his phone started to ring. It was Chunji calling him. Niel smiled before picking up. 

“Chunji hyung” 

“Hey Niel-ah, sorry for not calling you back, I was a little busy today…”

“It’s okay…” 

“You want to hang out now Niel?” asked Chunji. 

“Uh sure… I just finished with school” 

“Oh well that’s great, let’s meet up at the park, okay?” 

“Okay hyung, bye now!” smiled Niel and hung up. 

After some minutes of walking Niel finally arrived at the park. He looked around but he couldn’t see his hyung anywhere. Suddenly someone tapped him on the shoulder. Niel turned around and saw a redhead boy smiling at him. 
 

“C-Chunji hyung?” Niel looked at him confused. 

“Yes” Chunji smiled even more. 
 

“What…What happened to your hair?” Niel stared at it. 

“I dyed it, that’s why I didn’t call you back right away… sorry” 

“Oh…” nodded Niel. 
 

“So what do you think? You like it?”

“Yeah, it’s really nice” smiled Niel. 
 

“Come on, touch it” Chunji bowed a little so Niel could touch his new hair.

“I know you want to” he chuckled. 

“Ah…okay” Niel gave up. He touched his hair and it was so soft. He blushed a little when Chunji raised his head and smirked. 
 

“Niel-ah, you know what I wanna do?” asked Chunji as the two of them started walking. 

“What?” Niel looked at him

“I wanna see your house” Chunji jumped a little. 
 

“My house? Why?” Niel furrowed his eyebrows. 

“Well you’ve seen mine…and plus I want to meet your parents” he smiled again.

“Okay then” Niel nodded and they headed towards his house. 

When they arrived Niel’s mother opened the door. After talking something with Chunji they went upstairs. 

He’s a really talkative person unlike me… thought Niel and sat down on his bed. 

“I really like your room Niel” Chunji started to look around. He saw a picture of two boys. “Who’s this?” he asked. 

“It’s me and Ricky…he’s my friend from school” 

“I think I’ve seen him before…somewhere” 

“Well maybe, he has a lot of friends” chuckled Niel. “He knows you too actually” Niel pointed at Chunji. 

“Me? How?” 

“I don’t know… he said that- Ah never mind” Niel shook his head when he remember something.

“What? What did he said? Tell me” said Chunji. 

“Um…” Niel now felt uncomfortable. “He said… that you didn’t have any friends and that I shouldn’t be friends with you” he said it too quickly, hoping that Chunji didn’t hear him. 

“Oh…” he looked down. “Okay, thanks for telling me” he then placed the picture frame down. 

“I’m sorry hyung…” Niel quickly apologized. “I don’t know what’s wrong with him… he keeps talking about you and he always gets kind of… mad when I’m hanging out with you and not him…” sighed Niel. 

He seems jealous thought Chunji. 

Niel was about to say something but his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and it was Ricky. Niel sighed and placed his phone on his table, not answering it. “Who is it?” asked Chunji. 

“It’s… Ricky” said Niel quietly. 

“Answer it” 

“No.. he talks too much. Once we talked for 3 whole hours” chuckled Niel. “Well actually he talked… and I listened” 

“He seems really nice” said Chunji. 

“Yeah, he’s too nice sometimes” 

“Daniel-ah, someone is here to see you” his mom yelled from downstairs. 

“See me?” Niel stood up confused and headed downstairs. 

“Ricky’s here” his mom smiled. 

“O-oh hey Ricky… What’s up?” asked Niel awkwardly. 

“Why won’t you answer your phone?” Ricky pouted cutely. 

“I’m sorry…I’m with-“

“.....Chunji?” Ricky raised a brow and looked behind Niel. It seems like Chunji followed him downstairs. 

“Yeah” nodded Niel and looked behind him. 

“Annyeong Ricky, Niel had told me so much about you” he smiled and waved. 

“R-really?” Ricky looked at Niel. Niel just smiled and nodded. There was an awkward silence for a while until Chunji spoke up. 

“Um, I think I’ll go now Niel-ah… See you tomorrow” he winked at him and left. 

“So…” started Ricky.