Chapter 1

Secrets

 

It was a sunny day, when Daniel so called Niel, went to the library to get some books. There was no school today so he was free the whole day. Niel entered the library and was greeted by an older woman, most likely the librarian. He noticed that there wasn’t a lot of people there and sighed in relief. To be honest he doesn’t like a lot of people around him or touching him.
He doesn’t even like handshakes, not to mention hugs. Niel went looking for some books. After only getting one book he went to the reading section. He looked around and saw a lot of people there sitting and reading their books quietly. He sighed and walked over a free table. He sat down and started reading. Niel doesn’t like to be around a lot of people but he couldn’t help it now. He liked to read and he was always in the library. 
Niel stayed there maybe for an hour. He read the book really fast. When Niel was finished, he went to take the book back. On his way there something happened. Niel was about to put the book back when suddenly an unfamiliar guy fell on top of him. It all happened very quickly. Just like that. The guy was walking when suddenly he tripped and landed on Niel who was just standing beside him. They were stuck in an awkward position. A guy was on top of Niel.

He really hates that. 
“G-get off” said Niel, trying to sound calm. But he was panicking inside. 
“Oh I’m so sorry” said the stranger and started moving off him so he could get up. He was being rather slow and Niel couldn’t stand it anymore. 
“GET OFF! GET OFF OF ME!” he yelled and pushed the guy off of him. Niel quickly stood up and ran outside the library. His breathing was heavy and his heart was beating too fast. 
Why did this happen? He thought and a tear fell down. 

The guy who fell on him was confused. He was still in the library just staring at the door from where Niel ran out. He couldn’t really understand what just happened. 
“What’s wrong with him? I just fell, no big deal.” he thought to himself and then sighed before leaving the library as well. When he was outside, he looked around, but Niel already left for home. The guy wanted to ask him if he was okay but I guess he’ll never see him again. 
Niel ran home. He finally stopped running when he was in front of his house. He sighed in relief and walked in. His mother noticed that he had been running. 

“Daniel-ah… what’s wrong?” she asked worriedly.
“I… “ he started but shook his head. He wanted to tell his mother but that’ll just make her more worried. She’s been through a lot and it was just because of him. “Nothing” he forced a smile and went to his room. 
Why aren’t I normal like other kids? He asked himself and some tears fell.