Night Sky

Risk and Retaliations
 
Jay watched sadly as Taeil walked out the room with her best friend. Jay knew Aria was a strong girl. But because she was so strong she would disregard herself to help others and not utter a single complaint. It worried her. She loved Aria a lot so she hated when she did things in such extremes. She knew she hadn't eaten, that she hadn't slept well and that she had lied to her. It hurt her that Aria still felt the need to lie to her so that she wouldn't relapse. At least now she knew Taeil was with Aria. She didn't have to worry as much about her anymore so it was a relief to have met him. Jong Woon turned back to Jay when the other two had left the room. She was chewing her lip and fiddling with her fingers nervously. She looked behind her and found the stuffed toy Jong Woon had given her the other day. She held it against her chest closing her eyes breathing in and out. 
 
 
"Jay?" Jongwoon asked lifting his eyebrow. She jumped in bed her eyes shooting open and increasing in circumference. "Hey what's wrong....." That's when he heard the exceelerated. heart monitor. He sat on the bed and pushed her down. Her eyes were watering. "What's wrong? Jay talk to me." He urged. The heart monitor rate increased. He took a deep breath to calm himself down. If he panicked then she would most likely do the same. He didn't want to risk her relapsing. He touched her cheek caressing it a bit then placed one hand over her hands which were holding the bunny pig tightly. "Cheonsa (Angel) it's ok." He whispered running the back of his hand on her cheek. "I'm right here. Calm down. You're alright." 
 
 
Jay nodded. She forced herself to take deep, even, calm breaths. She hated to admit it but she knew this was why Aria kept things to herself. So that things like this wouldn't happen. But it made her worry even more when she didn't say anything. Jong Woon heard the beep of the heart monitor became even again. He let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding but looked into Jay's face making it seem like he wasn't in any type of stress. 
 
 
"I'm sorry." She whispered turning on her side. Her body now facing Jong Woon. "It's so late and I'm just making you stay later..."
 
 
"You don't have to be sorry." He said. His hands moved to touch her cheek but he hesitated because her hair was in the way and he knew how she felt about others touching her hair. Jay noticed it and tucked her locks behind her ear. As soon as it was out of the way he caressed her cheek once more. "I'm staying because I want to." 
 
 
"But gysunim you have to rest." Jay urged reaching up to hold his hand. "I don't want you getting sick over only one student. You have others to worry about." She closed her eyes and yawned. "I'm not as important as the others."
 
 
"Shhh." He hushed pulling the covers up to her chin. Refusing to say anything about what she had just told him. "Go sleep. I'll see you tomorrow." He was getting up when Jay reached out and held his arm. The stuffed animal dropping to the floor.
 
 
"G-Gysunim...." She stammering looking from her fallen gift to her professor. Then she bit her lip and looked away. He smiled picking up the toy and setting it beside her. 
 
 
"I didn't sing to you today did I?" He said sitting back down on her bed. She shook her head too embarrassed to say anything. She was acting like a child. But when she was alone with him she just became greedy and selfish. She wanted him to stay, to sing to her, to talk to her even though she said he needed to leave to rest. 
 
 
He started singing to her the same song as every night. The melody and lyrics were so familiar to her now that she hummed along until she fell asleep. But when he left she woke back up. She never told anyone not even Aria that the moment he stepped out of the room even if she was fast asleep she would wake back up because she would feel the room empty and lonely without him there. That night she sat in her bed holding her stuffed animal as close to her chest as she possibly could. Her eyes closed as she remained deep in thought.
 
 
'Why do I feel this way?' She asked herself sighing. 'Why am I so aware of Kim Gysunim?'
 
 
The next morning Jay woke up about six thirty. She knew at this time Aria was supposed to be stretching out. After that it was going to take at least an hour to get ready then classes started at eight so she would be on time. Jay grabbed her phone from the night stand beside her hospital bed. The numbers were a bit blurry because she was still half asleep,so she just pressed the speed dial selection and waited for Aria to pick. It took three rings before she picked up.
 
 
"Yuboseyo?" A manly voice asked. Jay shot up in her bed. Her eyes wider than a flys. "Yuboseyo?" The man asked again. She heard papers shuffling in the background. She took the phone from her ear and tapped her screen so it would turn on. Jong Woon's number was on her screen. Hesitantly she put the phone back to her ear.
 
 
"K-Kim Gyusnim...." She said more as a statement than anything. Subconsciously she started fixing her bed head as if he was right there in the room.
 
 
"Jay? Oh Good morning." His voice became more cheerful knowing it was her. He hadn't had time to save her number on his phone. "How are you feeling?"
 
 
"I'm alright." She really couldn't say much. She had called him on accident but didn't want to hang up. She hugged her knees to her chest and laid her head on her knee caps. 
 
 
"Do you need something? It's really early. How much did you sleep?" He asked concern spewing out of his questions. Jay closed her eyes.
 
 
"No I'm alright. I slept well." She lied. After he had left she couldn't go back to sleep. She would close her eyes and ten minutes later reopen them. Right now hearing his voice was like applying soothing medicine on a burning wound. She felt relaxed. She yawned.
 
 
"It looks like you need more sleep Jay." He said her name rolling off his tongue like honey.
 
 
"Is it alright..." She bit her lip for a moment. There was silence between the lines. Jong Woon wanted to hang up and go over to her. But that would be irresponsible of him. He couldn't abandon his duties and he didn't want to stress Aria out even more. She had done a lot for him. But this girl was making him feel strange. He wanted to be around her, to comfort her, to treat her kindly and make sure she was safe. These feelings weren't foreign to him but he had never felt them for a student. She wasn't like the rest of them. She was down to earth, mature and much more beautiful than the rest.
 
 
"What is it?" He asked not taking the silence any longer. "Do you need something?" He repeated. She shook her head but remembered he couldn't see her.
 
 
"Is it alright if I call you....if I call you Oppa?" She asked her face burning hot. She wasn't going to ask him. But it had rolled in her mind all night. She didn't like calling him Kim Gysunim. She felt a lot closer to him than just as his student. She could put him on the same level as Taeil, they had grown close and she liked both of them. But she had a feeling that the way she liked Taeil was different from the way she liked Jong Woon. 
 
 
"Sure you can." He replied relieved that it was nothing serious. There was silence again. An unspoken communication took place between them. She knew and understood that she could only call him Oppa when they were alone and for now that's all she wanted.
 
 
"O....Oppa...." she said stuttering a bit her cheeks growing hotter. On the other side of the phone Jong Woon's lips turned up into a smile, he knew she was a bit embarrassed. After spending a week with her he noticed she was really bashful, confident but bashful.
 
 
"Yes, what is it Jay?" He asked stopping all his work to listen to her the smile never leaving his lips. 
 
 
He heard her yawn and mumble something. After three minutes he heard her breathing grow soft and subtle. She had fallen asleep. He hung up the phone then occupied himself by staring at the ceiling. The smile that graced his lips becoming a straight rigid line.
 
 
"She's really cute." He whispered into the privacy of his room. He closed his eyes and raked his fingers through his hair. "What am I getting myself into. She's a student." He heaved a heavy sigh. "A student I'm staring to like as more than that." Then a thought came to his mind. He was sure that she wouldn't call him out of her own free will, unless she really needed something. Which in this case she didn't need a thing. He picked up his phone and dialed a number.
 
 
A phone started to ring in the dorm. Aria was still in a deep sleep on the couch. Not even the slightest noise could wake her up. Taeil who was on the floor stired. The cute chipmunk ringtone waking him up. He let out a irritated groan.  He opened his eyes and came face to face with Aria who was still very much asleep. There was some hair on top of her eyelids and he moved it away with two of his fingers tucking them behind her ear. Silently he was glad that she was sleeping so peacefully after days of waking up at the crack of dawn. 
 
 
That chipmunk song would not go away. He didn't understand why she had such an annoying ring tone. Groggily he sat up and searched he room with his eyes. The phone was nowhere in sight. But he could hear the damn thing. It was close by. Then suddenly it stopped ringing. He sighed out of relief but it was replaced by a grunt. The phone was ringing again and this time he knew exactly where it was. He reached into Arias pocket. Careful not to wake her he grabbed the offending device and trudged to the bathroom where he knew he couldn't disturb Aria's sleep.
 
 
"Hello?!" He half shouted half whispered I got he receiver. There was silence for a moment. "If you don't answer-"
 
 
"Taeil why are you answering Aria's phone?" Jong Woon asked. His eyebrow was arched high as he asked. Taeil chocked on his own spit.
 
 
"Yesung what the hell?! The ringtone of this phone is really annoying! You calling like three times made me wake up!" Taeil complained. He glanced through the cracked door to see if Aria was awake. Luckily she was still asleep. It looked like a hurricane could pass and she wouldn't wake.
 
 
"You really like getting hit don't you?" Jong Woon asked with an annoyed sigh. Taeil enjoyed talking to him very informally which he always got a smack on the head for. But sadly through the years they had known each other Taeil had never learned to be a bit more respectful to him. Stubborn brat. "I'm guessing your in Aria's room since you picked up her phone." Taeil remained silent giving Jong Woon the confirmation he needed. "She needs to wake up. Actually both of you need to get it into gear or you're going to be late for class." Jong Woon informed. He heard Taeil curse under his breath.
 
 
"I'll wake her up. Wait, our first class we  have you. Can't you give us some leeway? Come on. She's been working really hard and she needs the extra sleep." Taeil asked his tone of voice changing and so did his formality. Jong Woon cracked a smile.
 
 
"You seem awfully concerned about someone you say you hate." Jong Woon chuckled when he heard Taeil begin to choke again.
 
 
"D-Don't get things twisted! I don't like her." He denied.
 
 
"No one said anything about liking anyone you disrespectful brat." Jong Woon frowned again. "Take your time coming to class." He said before cutting the call. 
 
 
He did feel terrible about working Aria so hard. But if it wasn't for her helping him he wouldn't be able to go see Jay. He was greatful to her but at the moment the only thing he could do was five her a little extra sleep. 
 
 
For the next couple of hours Jay was a bit of a nervous wreck. Today would be the first time Jong Woon came to visit her alone. But it wasn't like he was there only to visit he was going to teach her Korean. Sadly that didn't make a difference. She was nervous. When she thought about him butterflies would be set loose in her stomach. She honestly didn't know what to do with herself. She sat in bed, tried to read, watched tv, played with her phone, even tried to sleep but nothing would calm her down. Finally just an hour before he was supposed to come she settled down a bit. Until she went to the bathroom and saw her hair.
 
 
"Oh. My. Gosh." She whispered to herself.
 
 
Her hair was a tangled mess. She hadn't brushed her hair the night before and to add to that it looked like she had a severe case of bed hair. Her face looked dry too. She immediately went back to her room and dug out her facial products as well as a comb, brush and hair accessories. She stood in front of the mirror and began brushing her hair down. If Aria saw what a mess it was she would probably hang her.  Once she finished fusing with her hair she washed her face patted it dry and put on her moisturizer. She couldn't do much about her cloths. She just changed Ito a clean pair of pajama pants then went back to her bed. The moment she sat down there was a knock at the door. Too lazy to get back up she told the person the door was open. Jong Woon stepped inside and closed the door behind him. 
 
 
"Hello. How are you feeling Jay?" He asked giving her a small smile. She bit her lip for a moment before answering him. 
 
 
"Uh...I'm feeling...better." She mumbled averting her eyes. 
 
 
He chuckled a little and got a chair from the other side of the room. He set it beside her bed and sat down comfortably. He noticed that her hair was combed. She had put a cute pink ribbon in it and tied a bow at the side of her head. Becuase she had bit her lip moments before he could see a slight reddish tinge of color to the side of . She looked cute and he couldn't help but stare for a minute. Then with a slight shake of his head he proceeded to take out his materials.
 
 
"You missed a lot so we'll get started right away." He said pulling out the table she used to eat her meals in bed. He moved it so it was in between her and him. He placed some books and pens on the table. She reached to get one and he reached for the same one. There hands touched and Jay immediately pulled her hand away.
 
 
"Sorry..." She said. He probably thought she was acting like a stupid teenager. Why was she such a klutz?
 
 
"Don't worry about it." He responded taking the pen and opening the book. If only he was as cool as he seemed. If she hadn't pulled her hand away he was sure he would have held onto it.
 
 
Jong Woon leafed through a couple pages in the book and stopped about half way through. He started teaching her from that point of the book. It was just a review of consonant and vowels in the alphabet and then sentence structures. As he spoke she would nod her head and make small noises that meant she understood what he was saying. After about an hour of him talking he gave her a couple things to do while he went out to grab a cup of coffee. She nodded and before he got back she had finished and was just looking through the rest of the book.
 
 
"Did you finish already?" He asked in disbelief. He sipped some of the coffee, his face scrunched up but he swallowed it down. Jay giggled a bit at the face he made.
 
 
"Oppa, if your going to make faces like that then maybe you shouldn't be drinking that stuff." She said effortlessly calling him Oppa. Though when she realized it she felt her cheeks grow warm.
 
 
"It keeps me awake." He replied with a grimace as he sat down and took another sip. His face wrinkling up then smoothing out. She laughed again. "Jay have you finished?" He asked to get off the topic of his coffee. She nodded and handed him the workbook. He looked it over and found that every single thing was right. 
 
 
"Oppa....why don't you put any sugar in it? Maybe that would help. Or maybe you could buy a sweater coffee." She suggested watching him as he took his third sip. It was immediately followed by that grimace of his. She smiled amused at his persistence. 
 
 
The moment he looked up he wished he hadn't. There was a playful smile on her full lips. His mind wondered away from him thinking about how it would be to kiss her. How it would feel to have her hair, which was something forbidden to everyone except Aria, on his hands.  His eyes strayed from her eyes to her lips then to her hair and finally to the wall. His sipped the coffee and burned his tongue. He cursed in his mind but made no signs that he had burned himself. Instead he set the coffee down, as far away from him as possible.
 
 
"I'm not fond of sweets. So I try to keep it to a minimum especially in my drinks." He said looking through the workbook again.
 
 
"You don't like sweets?! Oppa that's crazy!" She exclaimed shaking her head in disbelief. Jong Woon propped his elbow on the table placing his head on his hand and looked at her. His hair fell in front of his eyes so that he was looking through them at her. His gaze piercing and sparkling fascinated at what exactly she was going to say next. She stuttered when their eyes made brief contact. Her body started to burn ten degrees too hot and her heart monitor jumped a bit. 
 
 
"Why is it crazy Choesun?" He asked honestly curious at her reasoning.
 
 
"I-It's crazy because sweets are the best." She whispered her tone changing. When he looked at her like that she honestly couldn't think straight. It was like a haze clouded her mind. "Eating sweets makes me really happy. I like how it melts on my tongue. I especially like cakes and cookies. I think they're the best...." Now accompanied by the strange haze over her mind she was taken over by the urge to brush his bangs out of his eyes. She open and closed her hands trying to control herself. He was still staring at her with that look in his eyes. Without much thought on her part she reached over to him and swept his bangs out of his face. Now she was closer to him, her hand lingered on his head for a minute, if she could just get all of his hair out of his face maybe she could make out that look in his eyes. But she decided against it. She was already too close to him. So close that their foreheads could touch. Startled she dropped her hand and scooted away from him. His hand shot out and grabbed her arm.
 
 
"Hmm. I don't think that's fair."  He said his voice low, husky. She squeaked a bit taken by surprise by the sudden skinship.
 
 
"What's n-not fair....?" She asked. She noticed the intense look in his eyes become even stronger. It made butterflies in her stomach flutter. He swiveled the table out of his way with one hand. Then he sat on her bed pulling her arm towards him making her whole body jerk into him. Her mind screamed at her that this shouldn't be happening, that this was wrong, he was her teacher. But her emotions threw out all that reasoning. She liked being so closed to him, she enjoyed the feeling of his skin touching her own. There was a huge tug of war going on inside of her. She knew how wrong this was but at the same time she wanted it to be alright.
 
 
"You touched my hair. But you made it completely off limits for me to touch yours...." What was he saying?! Had he completely lost it? He wasn't supposed to say that, he wasn't supposed to give any hints at the turmoil inside of him. She was his student damn it! But he couldn't stop himself. The way her eyes looked at him, curious and a bit frightened made him want to reveal everything. Her skin was so hot and he was sure it wasn't because she had a fever and the way she bit the side of her lip was driving him off the edge.
 
 
"Uh...umm...sorry it's just well...." She tried to explain but she couldn't without telling him the honest truth. She had wanted to do it. She wanted to feel his hair underneath the pads of her fingers. It had felt silky and smooth. It was a texture she wasn't expecting a man to have. It had felt so good under her hands and she had been able to see his dark brown eyes that had been staring at her with intense passion, just like now. Her thinking was starting to quite down. She just couldn't think anymore.
 
 
"Well?" He urged refusing to let go of her arm. He neared his face to hers. "Don't I get to do something too? I mean it's only fair, Jay....." Her name rolled off of his tongue effortlessly. At this point her heart had skipped several beats and done numerous amount of summersaults. 
 
 
"Oppa...I....." She bit her lip. Again. He swore if she did that one last time he wouldn't stop himself from kissing her. "Fine....only.....only a little bit." She resigned herself with a sigh. She would have chosen to drop dead before having suggested to let him touch her hair. But because she wasn't thinking she said something like that. It had literally been years since a guy even attempted to touch her hair. 
 
 
"Hmmm? What was that?" He asked feeling like he had just missed something. He hadn't been paying attention to what she was saying. But it was soon made clear  when with her free hand she took one lock of her hair and twirled it around her finger.
 
 
"Only a little...." She whispered lifting it to him. Words could not explain how embarrassed she felt. Not in a way that something bad happened. It was more along the lines of something like her first kiss. "You can...only touch this much.....t-that's it.....it's my apology for not asking to touch yours first." She took a deep breath trying to calm her racing heart.
 
 
He let go of her arm and shaped his index finger like a crook before taking the looking of hair. He twisted it around his finger like she had done seconds ago. It wasn't much but the effect on her was amazing. He watched as a visible red hue colored her cheeks, how she couldn't bare to look at him, how her breathing became shallow and she bit the front of . It was as if someone was  seeing into her most private inner thoughts, as if exposing her and her secrets. It fascinated him how she still couldn't look at him. He tugged ever so slightly on the lock of hair and a silent gasp lift her parted, reddened lips.
 
 
"Oppa....t-t-that's enough......" She breathed out backing away from him tucking the strand of her behind her ear. She still didn't look at him. 
 
 
It was like tasting something she wasn't supposed to. Even though it was only that one lock of hair she wondered how it would feel if his fingers were tangled with the rest of it. How it would feel to have a mans hands in her hair. These were thoughts she wasn't used to thinking about a guy so it flustered her which was the reason why she couldn't look at him. What if he somehow was able to understand what she was thinking? What would she do then?
 
 
"Jong Woon-ssi?" A voice at the door asked breaking them both out of the spell they had created so that it was only the two of them in the hospital.
 
 
"Yes I'm in here." He whispered not sure if the person heard him. The door opens. Jay glanced up to see a nurse and immediately averted her gaze. "I'm sorry Jong Woon-ssi. It's time for Jay to rest. Your lesson should have been over by now." He looked at the watch on his arm and frowned. She was right his lesson was supposed to be over twenty minutes ago.
 
 
"I'll leave in a minute. I need to recap something's with her." He responded not once turning around to face the nurse. Jay's heart sank a little. She didn't want him to leave. No matter how flustered or embarrassed she was she didn't want him to go.
 
 
"Please don't take long." The nurse said. He nodded and when the door closed he knew she had left.
 
 
He started to stand and his time it was her hand that shot out to take a hold of his wrist. He looked from her hand to her face but again she wasn't looking at him. He sat back down but said nothing.
 
 
"D-Don't go." She whispered. She knew she was acting like a child again and she hoped he wouldn't hate her for it. He smiled.
 
 
"I have to go Chesoun," he slipped his hand away from her feeble grip and took her chin in between his index finger and thumb. Forcing her to turn her head, to actually look at him. "But I'll be back tomorrow. We still have a few lessons to go over."
 
 
She bit the inside of her cheek and looked to the side of her eye. He knew that she was biting something, she always did when she looked to the side like that. Thankfully it wasn't visible to him or he really would have lost it.
 
 
'Thats not why I want you to stay.' She said to herself and immediately regretted it. Why was she thinking things like that?
 
 
"Come on lay down." He said letting go of her chin. She complied doing as he said. She placed her head on her pillow then grabbed her stuffed animal hugging it close to her chest. Maybe she could sleep off this whole thing. Maybe it was just a fever or something. "I'll come back tomorrow. Sleep well, Jay." He whispered putting the covers over her. He touched her cheek, careful not to touch her hair. She moved her head into his hands and peered up at him shyly before looking away again. This defiantly had to be something she could sleep off. As every night before he began to sing to her that same familiar song. He didn't move his hand from her cheek and noticed as her temperature went down as she fell asleep. His hand lingered there for a minute, it was out of his own selfish desire of wanting to stay near her for more time. But he knew he needed to go and forced himself to leave.
 
 
He went to his car but didn't start it up. He sat there replaying what had happened in the hospital room. It was something he hadn't expected. If he could compare her reaction to his touching that one lock of hair it would be as if she was receiving her first kiss. She became even more bashful than before. It was something entirely new to her. He had a feeling that she had honestly kept to her word and no guy had ever touched her hair which was the reason he had elicted such a reaction from her. And he like a mischievous boy had pulled on her hair just to see if there was another reaction there. He wanted to kick himself for acting like a high school kid. But strangely it was satisfying to know he was the first and only guy who had come this close to touching her hair, who had come closer than anyone else to knowing some deep dark, hidden secret that could only be revealed through this one experience. It made him happy and that's when he knew for sure his feelings.
 
 
He liked her. He had romantic feelings for his student.
 
 
The next couple of days went without much incident. Not like their first tutoring session at all. Most nights they would finish more than enough lessons before doing nothing in particular aside from talking and watching movies. Jong Woon never let on about how impressed he was that she could be taught something once and she could retain all the information. It was the only reason they were able to advance so quickly. If he wasn't careful they could have went through the other lessons that he hadn't taught the class.  He had noticed that now she put up her hair in a little bun with two locks of hair at each side of her face. She had done this so he wouldn't be able to touch any part of her hair unless it was the two strands she left out. He felt that it suited her personality. She was a little reserved so she held a lot of things in and he felt the hairstyle was a good match for her.
 
 
The last day of her hospitilization came around which meant it was the last day for her private lessons with Jong Woon. She was excited to finally be able to get out of that room. She hadn't been outside in all her stay and if she stayed another week she knew she would go crazy. The staff was nice and treated her well but that didn't compare to being around Aria, making new friends and just getting to be outside. Although she was disappointed that she wouldn't be spending as much time with Jong Woon. She still wanted to be near him. She wanted for him to sing to her, lull her to sleep, and to talk to her about his day. She didn't understand why she felt like this but she didn't care. She just wanted to be near him.
 
 
"Your all caught up now." Jong Woon said closing his workbook. He stretched out his arms and sighed happily. She smiled at him.
 
 
"How was your day, Oppa?" She asked handing him a pen and a couple workbooks he had given her. 
 
 
"Same as always.  The classes I taught today seemed longer than usual. I covered a lot of material with the class. I knew it was challenging and expected that there would be some confusion." He put the books in his bed then checked his watch. "It's a little late but do you want to get something to eat? I'm sure your sick of hospital food."
 
 
"You mean like dinner?" She asked glancing at the clock on the wall. It was ten thirty at night. "Sure but I'm not sure if my doctor will let me." She frowned disheartened. "He's really particular when it comes to me."
 
 
"Don't worry. I asked him about it earlier he said it was fine." He replied and chuckled when her eyes lit up at the news.
 
 
"Really?! Your not lying?!" She asked literally bouncing in the bed. "Oh my gosh! Yay!!" She put her hands to her cheeks pressing them against each other. "I'll get ready will quick ok? Don't go!"
 
 
She stood from her bed and wobbled a bit. Jong Woon immediately caught her before she could tumble over.
 
 
"No sudden movements Chesoun. Remember you've been here two weeks." He whispered. His lips were right against her ear. A shiver went down her spine. She nodded slowly and quickly got out of his grasp before going to the bathroom.
 
 
She closed the door and leaned on it her heart racing. She was grateful that she didn't have to be connected to that heart monitor anymore. It would have given away how flustered she was like it had countless times before.  She hurried and started getting dressed in about the only thing she had to wear. A black long sleeved shirt, a pink glittery mini skirt paired with black tights and pink ballerina flats. She left her hair in a bun but changed the color of her scrunchy. Minutes later she went back into her room. She looked around but didn't find him so she decided to sit down and wait. Barely seconds later he showed up at her room door.
 
 
"All ready?" He asked trying his best to keep his own heart under control. She looked very cute with what she had on. It made him want to go over and hug her among other things that he refused to let his mind think. She looked up and smiled.
 
 
"I am. Thanks for this by the way." She said walking to him. It annoyed her that she had to keep holding onto something to make sure she didn't tumble to the floor. This was another reason she hated the hospital. Each time she was admitted then released she would have trouble walking because she had stayed in bed for so long.
 
 
"For what exactly, Chesoun?" He asked coming to her. He wrapped an arm around her waist to keep her steadied.
 
 
"F-For taking me out tonight." She whispered avoid eye contact with him. He was really close again.
 
 
"It's not a problem." He replied noticing her change of tone. A mischievous smirk graced his lips. He got some type of reaction from her not as her professor but as a guy.
 
 
When they finally piled into his car they were on there way.  There was some small talk as he drove about nothing in particular. But he frequently heard her giggle and laugh at some of his jokes. It wasn't long until they arrived at a restaurant a couple miles from Seoul. It wasn't in Busan but just on the outskirts of it. He had to help her get out of the car because her legs were still weak. As they walked to the restaurant he noted that she was really struggling to walk right. He contemplated bringing the wheel chair the doctor had told him to take but decided against it. She was an independent girl and obviously hated being restricted. Bringing that wheel chair to her would probably ruin her mood.
 
 
They were seated in a booth. He sat across from her and the menus were laid out in front of them. Jay scanned the menu and gasped in surprise.
 
 
"Oppa this is all western food." She said showing him her menu even though he had one if his own.
 
 
"You noticed." He said with a chuckle. "Yeah this is a western restaurant. I thought you would want to eat it. Sometime even I get tired of Korean food." 
 
 
"Thank you...." She murmured looking back at her menu. She really missed eating western food even if she enjoyed Korean food.
 
 
She happily selected a plate of lasagne with a strawberry smoothie. He ordered a burger with soda and fries. Jay thought that was a bit funny, it sounded like he ordered something from a fast food restaurant. There food came in a couple minutes and as they ate they spoke about other types of food and drinks. Jay found out that his favorite Korean dish was bimkimpa while her own was kimichi. It wasn't long before they finished their meal. Jong Woon ordered some dessert to go and soon they were back in the car on their way somewhere else.
 
 
"Do you mind if we make one more stop?" He asked starting to warm up the car. 
 
 
"Nope. I don't mind." She replied shaking her head. "I...I don't want to go back to the hospital yet." She confessed with a sheepish smile.
 
 
He nodded relieved that she had said she didn't mind. He drove to a clear patch of land a little ways in Busan. There was only a vast expanse of grass there with the unclouded night sky.
 
 
"We can eat this here and then we'll head back. I don't want your doctor to think I kidnaped you." He joked getting out of the car. When he opened her door she peered up at him curiously.
 
 
"You bought something else?" She asked accepting the hand he outstretched to help her out. He nodded.
 
 
"You really like strawberries don't you." He said closing the door and locking the car. She walked with him and nodded.
 
 
"I do. But what does that have to do with anything?" She replied an eyebrow lifting. He laughed.
 
 
"I got us some strawberry cheesecake. Well more for you than me." He helped her to sit down in the center of the field.
 
 
"Really?! I love cheesecake!" She clapped her hands in delight. "Oppa thank you!" She exclaimed a wide smile taking over her lips.
 
 
"Not a problem, Jay." He replied sitting beside her.
 
 
He handed her the cake and she immediately started eating. It seemed like her smile only got wider the more she ate it. He was completely satisfied with himself. It made him glad he could make her so happy. Once she finished he took the container and put it back into the bag he had brought it in.
 
 
"You're really the best." She said looking up at the night sky that was littered with bright sparkling stars. They reminded her of his eyes. They were always sparkling with emotions. "Thanks."
 
 
"It's really not a problem." He replied patting her hand. "But if you want to thank me do you mind dancing with me?" He asked. 
 
 
She pulled her gaze away from the stars and it landed on him. It was such an odd request especially after she had been hospitalized for so long.
 
 
"Dance?" She asked. Even though she loved to do it she knew it was a bad idea.
 
 
He stood up and held out his hand.
 
 
"Don't worry. Nothing too hard. Just a slow dance. I can at least do that and I'm a terrible dancer." He said making her laugh. She took his hand and he pulled her up.
 
 
"You're not a terrible dancer." She said standing up with his help.
 
 
"You haven't seen me dance then. I'm pretty good at the slow stuff like waltz." He replied wrapping one arm around her waist pressing her against his chest. Jay was speechless for a moment. The feeling of his well chiseled body was new. His chest was hard and firm while her own was more slender and soft because of her s. 
 
 
"I....umm....." She wasn't able to collect her thoughts. They were body to body. She could hear his steady heart beat against her erratic one. She still didn't understand why she reacted to him like this. Why was she having such a strong effect on her?
 
 
"Hmm? Did you say something?" He asked his lips once again on the shell of her ear. She shivered a little and that boyish smirk gracing his mouth.
 
 
"There's no music." She replied quickly. He chuckled.
 
 
"I can sing remember?" He said moving his feet and she automatically moved her own as well. "Any request?"
 
 
"The song you always sing to me." She said without a second thought. 
 
 
"It's a sad song, Chesoun. Why do you like it so much?" He asked beginning to hum the melody.
 
 
"It's not completely sad." She whispered as he moved his feet slowly to the tune. She felt her legs begin to shake but was determined to stay standing on her own. "It's a hopeful song. How do I explain it....when you sing it the song sounds sad but there's a lot of hope that things won't be the same. Even when it really does get sad it just reminds me that the person who wrote it is human and is sad and hurt but hoping that...." Her legs gave way in the middle of her sentence. If it wasn't for Jong Woon she would have probably fell to the ground. But he held her waist firmly in his arms.
 
"Are you alright?" He asked setting her down back on the grass his eyes bright with concern. She nodded but put her hands to her knees frustrated with herself.
 
"Yeah I'm fine. Thank you." She replied robotically staring at her knees. Why couldn't they have held out just a bit longer? She wanted to finish dancing with him. Why couldn't they be just a little stronger?
 
He glanced from her face that saturated with frustration and a hint of sadness to her hands that she placed on her knee caps. He knew she was thinking about how weak she was at the moment. Even though this wasn't a permanent condition he could understand her displeasure. Someone who loved to dance even if they were incapacitated for a short amount of time was the unhappiest person.
 
"What were you saying?" He asked placing his hand on top of one of her own. She glanced up and he was alarmed to see tears falling down on her cheeks. It didn't look like she was aware of the fact that she was crying until she felt the teardrop on her hands. She whipped them away quickly rubbing at her eyes.
 
"Sorry. Sorry...." She mumbled trying to calm down. "I wasn't going to cry...I'm not sad. It's just....." 
 
"It's ok." He replied. "I understand so you don't have to explain." He was disheartened that he couldn't do much to take her mind off of it at the moment. "Finish what you were saying before, I want to know what else you thought about my song."
 
"It's hopeful and the person w-who wrote it remembers he's only human that he can get hurt too..." She whispered willing her tears to stop. "Who wrote it?" She hiccuped but thankfully she had successfully stopped her tears.
 
"I did. A long time ago when I actually had time to write lyrics for music." He confessed checking his watch. It was almost twelve in the morning. He was relieved that it was Friday, he had no classes to teach so he could relax. He turned around and squatted his hands outstretched behind him. "Climb on, it's late and I don't want your doctor to yell at me for taking his princess away for too long." He turned his head knowing she would have an interesting reaction. Just like he predicted she was biting her lip, her eyes wide and as soon as he caught her eye she looked away. He smiled. "Come on," he urged with laughter in his voice. 
 
She crawled onto his back pouting. She rested her chin on his shoulder and her lips brushed the back of his ear. For a second he went rigid. The texture of her lips were silky and velvety. They were unbearably soft. His legs wobbled for a minute so he made sure to steady himself before standing up. He could feel her bite her bottom lip and was two seconds away from losing it. Why did she have to do that on his ear?
 
She knew he loved to . Over the past two weeks it was something he had done so frequently it was hard not to miss. Then when he had the cute boyish grin she knew he was up to something. For being an adult he was shockingly mischievous. He had done this too much and she wanted to get him back for it. If an eye for an eye made the whole world go blind then a tease for a tease would make her satisfied. But what exactly could she do? They were almost to his car and she still had yet to get him back. She didn't want to do it while he was driving that would be reckless and dangerous. She wanted to live to the next day. She bit her lip hard contemplating if she should do it. Knowing herself, she knew if she did what she was thinking she would probably just as embarrassed as he was. But what the hell, it was worth a try.
 
"Thanks a lot for tonight..." She started saying. She took a deep breath before continuing. "J-Jong Woon Oppa....."
 
His steps faltered hearing his given name come from her velvet soft lips. He literally almost dropped her. But she had taken the precaution of holding on tighter. He coughed making it seem like he was clearing his throat when in all actuality he was choking on his own saliva. He felt her chest rumble with laughter. She had successfully gotten him back for the two weeks of teasing he had on her.
 
"N...No problem...." He stammered for the first time in front of her. She giggled again. 
 
He helped her get in the car. They completely avoided eye contact with each other. As he drove back to the hospital he could not get it out of his mind how she had said his name. It didn't help that she whispered, or that her lips moved against his ear as she said it, or that she had laughed in his ear. Damn it, if her hair was her weak point then both of his ears were his. They were the most sensitive part of his body. So the feeling of her soft lips paired with her whispering his name, not kim gysunim, not oppa, but his name. This girl would be the death of him.
 
They arrived at the hospital half an hour before one in the morning. By this point Jay was yawnig and rubbing her eyes.  He carried her to her room while receiving curious stares from the staff. If she wasnt half asleep he knew she would be embarrassed.  He placed her in her bed and layed the covers on top of her making sure she was tucked in and asleep. He turned to leave but felt a tug on his shirt. He turned back around and saw her hand filled with his shirt. He looked at her face and noticed her eyes were half open.
 
"Stay tonight." Her words were slurred. But he understood her. She her side. "You don't have to sing to me....just stay tonight."
"Cheosun.... " he whispered going back to her.
 
"Please? I promise I won't ask you to sing to me again."
 
He was sure that she didn't know what she was saying. She was literally on the verge of knocking out. He wasn't going to stay but he wanted to be with her as well. This woukd probably be the last night they could be with each other on such intimate terms.  So he chose to stay.
 
"You don't have to promise me anything like that. I'll stay with you." He replied sitting on the bed.
 
He started to quietly sing the song she loved so much. He saw a small smile etch itself on her lips as she drifted off to sleep. He laid down on the other side of the bed. His hair splaying on the matress. He continued to sing until he feel asleep. The words slipping past his lips, slurred but audible as he fell asleep beside the girl who had stolen his heart and was his student. The last thought of the wonderful night that crossed his mind was, 'I only wish you weren't my student Jay...I dont know if I ever tell you my feelings if I'll be able to make you happy.'