Accidental Confessions

Risk and Retaliations
Aria had not seen Woohyun all day and she wanted to keep it that way because she knew the moment they crossed paths she would be in for a painful reminder of what last night. Aria tried not to show too mich of her lingering pain from her head injury, and managed to mask it successfully considering no one asked of she was okay. However throughout the day, Aria found herself joined to Taeil's hip. Ever since she spilled her guts about Woohyun hitting her and harming her for hanging out with him and Jay, she felt more attached than ever, just the simple presence of him to the emotional pain away, just being with Taeil made everything suddenly better. It felt good to Aria not to wake up to Woohyun,  to wake up and have a little space to think about Jay, to think about Taeil, and even if that little bit of time came with a pretty steep price, it was worth it. In the end it was all worth it to Aria to be able to spend time with her best friend and the guy she ultimately and truly had feelings for. Aria sat in the center of the couch, arms wrapped around herself as she thought about the way Taeil held her last night, as se thought about all of the times he ever held her, touched her, hugged her, gazed at her, her very soul melting. Whatever was playing on the television might as well not have been playing at all because Aria paid absolutely no attention to it, her mind gone to Taeil. More than anything Aria wanted to be with Taeil, openly, without the fear of her estranged boyfriend seeking her out to beat her. Aria would have been and left Woohyun had it not been for the awful threat that he was holding over her head. Just the thought of Woohyun lifting a finger to harm Jay made Aria so upset that she often made herself ill, so ill that she would find herself throwing up. If Woohyun ever dod anything to hurt Jay she was surely going to snap and do all that was in her power to kill him.
 
No, Aria...don't think like that...just...do as he says... and..and nothing bad will happen to Jay...just...do as he says... Aria sho ok her head as the tears began to rim her eyes.
 
But pretending to like someone and being forced to stay away from the one i actually have feelings for is...such a hard task to do... Aria thought as she recalled all of the beatings that Woohyun inflicted upon her for simply hanging around Taeil, talking to him, a small desperate sigh falling from her lips as she anticipated the beating she had in store for allowing Taeil to hold her against his body outside the language building.
 
"Ary!" The sound of Jay's voice, so high and excited jolted Aria out of herself and back to reality. Aria wiped at her eyes and grabbed her untouched glass of water to take a quick sip to quench her dry mouth and throat,
 
"Whoa there!" Aria exclaimed as Jay ran over to her, almost plowing into the couch, into her.
 
" What's up Jay? You look really happy?  Something good happen? " Jay nodded her head vigorously, all of her teeth showing in the smile she had plastered on ,
 
"Yeah! But I'll tell you about that later! Get dressed!" Jay exclaimed hurriedly,  taking Aria's hands and pulling her to her feet.
 
"Why" Aria breathed trying not to display the sudden vertigo that crashed over her body her head still sensitive from last nights injury.
 
"I'm going out out to eat with Daehyun and Taeil. Come with me! I don't want to go alone." Jay hopped up and down in her spot a bit, her smile growing even wider. Aria raised an eyebrow and took her hands out of Jay's,  walking away and back toward her room,
 
"Who's Daehyun?" Aria called out the question as she disappeared into her room, her heart beating rapidly at the thought of going out with Taeil, even if there was going to be others at least she was going to be able to see again.
 
"He's my friend. We have dance classes together. I have been practising with him for the competition." Aria hummed a response to Jay as she filed through her closet, looking for the perfect evening outfit, not that she needed to look cute,
 
Its just dinner with Taeil...right? Aria smiled at the thought of being with Taeil, her hand landing on a nice little black number. Aria nibbled her lip as she studied the dress, it was too y to wear by its lonesome, to was a pretty y dress period, but Aria could make it work. Aria tipped over to her drawer and pulled out a neatly folded pair of solid red tights, then scampered over to her closet and pulled out her red cropped cardigan. It didn't take long for Aria to slip the snug firing dress over her curves and then slip into the tights and cardigan, so she was ready in less than ten minutes, grabbing a pair of black ballet flats and a headband before jetting out of the door. Aria ducked into the bathroom and placed her headband over her hair she hated the fact her hair was so straight, that she couldn't change it without getting scolded pr struck at by Woohyun. With a heavy sigh Aria exited the bathroom and slid on her ballet flats,  meeting Jay, who had been ready for over fifteen minutes, over at the door.
 
"Well aren't you a little doll? Who you dressed up for? Taeil?" Jay joked as she opened the door and walked out into the corridor,  thankfully missing the deep blush that tinted Aria's cheeks.
 
"...shut up! And no..n-not for Taeil...for myself..." Aria lied, sticking her tongue out at her eonni,
 
"Watch it dongsaeng." Jay giggled as the both of them headed toward the elevators. Jay and Aria were still giggling away when they ran into Woohyun,
 
"Princess?" Woohyun called out, his tone of voice forcing Aria to look his way,
 
"You look really...y...? Got a date?" Woohyun asked, his tone hinting a dangerous one as his eyes greedily swept over Aria's body, practically  flashing red with fury. Aria glanced over at Jay and smiled sweetly,
 
"Jay, Do you mind going down first?  I'll meet back up with you soon." Aria waited for a response from Jay before turning around to face Woohyun once again. Jay nodded her head as she pressed the button to the elevator, her face absent of any emotion, it didn't feel right leaving Aria up here alone with Woohyun, but she did as she was told none the less. If anything was going wrong between Aria and Woohyun she would left him a long time ago.
 
Woohyun leaned forward and slyly watched Jay disappear behind the elevator doors before focusing on Aria,
 
"So...where are you going looking y princess? It can't be to see me because...you have been avoiding me all day..." Woohyun took a couple of steps closer to Aria, his hands planted in his pockets, eyes trained on her face, studying every flicker of her wavering expression.
 
"I'm going out to eat with Jay." Aria admitted quietly, her eyes trained in everything but Woohyun.
 
"Is he going to be there?" Woohyun asked suddenly, because where there was Jay, there was Taeil, Woohyun knew that much.
 
"Look Woohyun I can explain...Jay didn't want to g-" Before Aria could finish her sentence Woohyun swiftly approached her, the back of his hand striking her across the face with so much force that she could hear the blood splash to the ground. Aria stumbled back clutching her jaw, tears welling in her eyes as pain blossomed in her face.
 
"I warned you Aria! But you don't listen...and now...it's time you learn what not listening to me earns you..." Woohyun hurried over to Aria,  hands out stretched, taking a fist full of her hair and hoisting her to her full height. Aria gulped down her pain, a small whimper escaping from her lips as Woohyun pulled her forward, more than anything she was getting pissed that he was handling her so roughly,
 
"Woohyun let me go!" Aria sobbed, pushing weakly against his chest, only to be silenced again with another strike across the face.
 
"Woohyun i said let go!" Aria screeched, heart racing as a boost of adrenalin rushed through her. In the blink of an eye, Aria was swinging her small fist with all her might, smacking him forcibly in the mouth. Woohyun let go of Aria's hair then to grab his mouth, pulling away to find blood staining his hands. Woohyun shot a deathly glare Aria's direction but only found that she had fled the scene. Woohyun darted over into vacated lobby Aria had ran into, the very same lobby that he had met her at.
 
"What the hell!? You think I'm gonna let you get away that easily!?" Woohyun growled as he again grabbed a fitful of Aria's hair and yanked her her into him. Woohyun was beyond furious with Aria, not only for hitting him, but also from last night.
 
"We never got to talk about last night" Woohyun whispered harshly against Aria's ear before flinging her into the sharply cornered coffee table sitting in the center of the lobby, her body colliding into it with so much force that it moved it across the floor. Aria crumpled to the ground, hands clutching her aching side, her lungs void of any oxygen. Aria was sure that if she took her dress off and looked at her side there would be broken and bruised skin there to last for months. Aria opened to cry out in pain when she felt Woohyun's foot connect with her already aching side, her vision going blurry and flashing white,
 
"I tried to warn you princess." Woohyun brought his foot back and planted it her side once more, over and over again he did this, each kick getting more and more intense, Aria's body jolting with each one.
 
"This is what happens when...you choose not to heed my warnings." Woohyun growled again, kicking her body for the tenth time before running his fingers through his hair, fixing his jacket, and turning away from her. Without so much as a peep, Woohyun disappear around the corner, wiping the blood that Aria had drawn from his lips. Woohyun was confident that he got his message across this time, a sly smile slipping over his lips as he went down stairs.
 
"Where's Aria?" The sound of Jay's voice spooked Woohyun, but did not phase him. Woohyun glanced at Jay and smiled sweetly,
 
"She went to the bathroom, she told me to let you know that she'll be down in just the second. Sorry to have kept you waiting, I just hadn't seen Aria all day...thought I'd get a couple of kisses and hugs in before you stole her away from me." Woohyun said his tone a joking one but his meaning anything but. Jay nodded her head,
 
"Sure, um...okay...it's fine..." Jay mumbled, looking back over at the elevator to see the arrow glowing in the down direction,
 
"Have fun." Woohyun mused before jetting out of the doors and into the dimmed outdoors, Jay watching as the male disappeared into the distance. Jay looked over at the elevator and waited for Aria to step out,  and surely there she was looking as bright and cheery as usual,
 
"Okay I thought you and Woohyun were going to talk...not make out!" Jay exclaimed as she noted Aria's swollen lips.
 
"Looks like you two tried to eat each other's face." Aria forced a giggle to leave , her body aching with an immense amount of pain,
 
"Sorry Jay...I just...I hadn't seen Woohyun all day and..." Aria stopped talking as pain burned through her, the threat of tears stinging in the back of her skull. Jay shook her head,
 
"No no, Ary I get it it's all good." Jay smiled, the two girls stayed together until a boy came jogging up to them,
 
"Dae Dae!" Jay exclaimed as the handsome boy approached them, running over to meet him with open arms.
 
"Aria this is Daehyun!" Jay squealed a bit as she stepped out of Daehyun's arms, her face dropping slightly. Aria wrapped an arm around her waist before bowing down slightly,
 
"Nice to meet you, Daehyun." Aria forced a sugary smile to grace her lips as she peered into the young man's face,
 
"You too Aria." Daehyun's voice was deep and y, his eyes piercing and soft, all at once. Aria looked over at Jay to see that she was gazing at Daehyun in a most loving way, her cheeks slightly stained red, 
 
This could be a problem... Aria thought as she, Jay, and Daehyun walked outside and across the campus to the parking lot where Taeil was surely waiting, leaning against his car on a lollipop. Aria could feel the heat rising in her face the closer she got to Taeil, but it was easily covered up by the pain that tortured her body ever step she took. Aria didn't want to worry anyone, not when they were off to a good start for a fun evening together, but she did not know how long she would be able to ,mask her pain because each second it got worse, her breathing was shallow and short, painful, her body was blazing and every step she felt like she was going to collapse, but she had to put on a good face for Jay. Upon approaching Taeil, Jay exclaimed a bright hello, drawing his attention away from space and over to the small group, his eyes finding Aria right away,
 
"Hey, Jay." Taeil mumbled as he gave his lollipop one last before pulling it out of his mouth to gawk at Aria, his attention completely on her. Taeil could have stood there and stared at Aria forever she looked so beautiful, her black dress hugging her every curve just perfectly, her round face framed by the long thick locks of straightened hair, her lips turned up into a shy flirtatious smirk, 
 
"Hi Aria..." Taeil breathed walking over to the three and stopping in front of Aria, 
 
"Hi Taeil..." Aria whispered hotly, her eyes locking with Taeil's instantly, her knees growing weak,
 
"I...I didn't think you were coming." He bumbled honestly while his eyes rake the lengths of Aria's petite body.
 
"You look amazing..." He whispered, averting his eyes and biting his lips, the simple action sending chill after chill down Aria's spine. Oh how she loved those lips of Taeil's.
 
"Thanks." Aria breathed as the pain that she momentarily forgot about came throbbing through her body. Aria and Taeil held eye contact for some while before he stole away from her and hurried over to his idling car. He opened the door to the back, eyeing Daehyun as he slid into the seats, Jay sliding in right after him. Aria watched as Jay made a plain face a snickered, Taeil's lips turning up into a playful smirk that could melt any girl's heart. Taeil shut the door to the back and then walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for Aria, his eyes trained on her face as she made her way over to where he stand, 
 
"I'm really glad you came." Taeil whispered to Aria as she clutched her abdomen and slid into the passenger seat, 
 
"I am really glad... I came too." Aria whispered airily as pain washed over her. 

It took the guys about an hour to arrive at the special restaurant that Taeil had been dying to take them too. It was a nice quiet setting with minimal traffic outside on the sidewalks, and barely any obnoxious noises, it would be slim to see any of the guys from the campus all the way over here in these neck of the woods, so it was the perfect place to just get away. Everyone piled out of the car except Aria, who had a hard time getting up out of the seat, every movement making a wave of pain so mind blowing and bone breaking crash over her. 
 
"You need help, Ary?" Taeil asked, walking over and taking Aria's hand, 
 
"T-thank you Taeil..." Aria breathed as Taeil pulled her out of the seat and onto the street, her knees gone of all strength. Aria clutched onto Taeil's shoulders to keep herself from toppling over, her body screaming with pain, 
 
"Whoa Aria you alright there?" Taeil asked as he helped her to her feet. Aria nodded her her head absently as pain wreck havoc on her small body, her head spinning a bit,  
 
"Yeah, I'm...I'm fine...just still a bit dizzy from yesterday." Aria said weakly, glancing over at Jay and Daehyun who were thankfully engrossed in deep conversation.
 
"Aria are you sure you are alright?" Aria looked up at Taeil and shook her head, 
 
"No...I'm not okay..." Aria's face cracked into a mask of sheer and utter pain then, her arms moving to wrap themselves around her torso, 
 
"Aria what happened!?" Taeil asked frantically, his voice lost of all amusement.
 
"I'll...um....I'll tell you later Taeil....let's just get inside and get seated...." Taeil grabbed onto Aria's arm and helped her stay balanced, walking her into the restaurant and to the table where they were to be seated. Taeil helped Aria into her seat, pulling her chair a little closer to his but not so much that it was noticeable to Daehyun and Jay, because as far as they knew, she was with Woohyun. Aria focused on keeping a vivid and lively face as she and Daehyun talked, the two of them learning as much about each other as an hour and forty five minutes worth of dinner, drinks, and chatting would give them. Aria did no eat much of anything, she felt too ill to stomach anything but the few bites of a salad she ordered, so she just opted for drinks, ordering a bunch of cool strawberry lemonades and sparkling waters to help keep her stomach settled. 
 
"So Jay, how did it go?" Aria asked Jay as she took a hesitant sip of her strawberry lemonade that was brought to the table not too long ago. Jay looked up from her smoothie and cocked her head to the side.
 
"How did what go?" She asked innocently not understanding what it was Aria was inquiring about. Aria studied Jay's face and smiled softly, her eonni was so cute when she was confused, but all of the smiles and giggles were done for for the night, because at that moment, her body gave up on trying to appear as if she was not in pain. as if Woohyun had not kicked the crap out of her just hours ago. 
 
"That's really pink, Jay. Let me try it." Aria listened as Daehyun exclaimed to Jay, her eyes absently switching from Jay to Daehyun as the two openly flirted, 
 
"Hey! Dae Dae!" Jay exclaimed cutely, the boy winking ily at her before swiping her cup and taking a sip of her smoothie. Jay's plesant laughter filled he air as the boy's face scrunched up,
It must be really sweet. Aria thought as a painful smile tugged at her lips, her head light and swimming with a minor trauma. 
 
"That's what you get!" Jay said taking her smoothie away from Daehyun with a grin as bright as day on her lips, 
 
"Jeez Jay! That's a drink full of diabetes!" Daehyun spat, groping for his glass of water and giving it a long hard sip. Jay stuck out her tongue.
 
"Well no one told you to drink my stuff!" She replied.
 
"Jay!?" Aria blurted when she realized that there was not going to be an end to Jay and Daehyun's heavy flirting. Jay looked up suddenly and smiled cutely, 
 
"Oh sorry Aria what was that you said?" Jay asked taking a few long sips of her smoothie, eyes wide with innocence. 
 
"How did it...umm...ugh," Aria stopped her question as a spike of pain smothered her body, rendering her breathless and stiff. Taeil glanced over at Aria and frowned,
 
Just what happened to her? Taeil wondered as he watched Aria her brain for the strength to continue her question.
 
"How did it go with Yesung last night? You never told me." Aria finished finally, plastering a false smile on her lips. Taeil reached his hand over and brushed it along her knee, watching as she slipped an arm around her torso and winced sharply, 
 
"Aria?" Taeil whispered, his voice warning, laced with fear and concern, his tone pained and curious, Aria glanced over at Taeil and smiled weakly before averting her attention to Jay once more. Taeil squeezed Aria's thigh as he watched her facial expression disappear into a painful and rather weak one. Aria, knowing that Taeil sensed her suffering, ran her hand over his and gave it a hard and desperate squeeze as pain rained through her, not letting go of his hand but squeezing it harder as the pain intensified. Aria barely heard Jay speaking the pain was ringing in her head, she couldn't take it any more and the more she tried to suppress the pain, the more she began to suffer,
 
"...we kissed...Jongwoon and I...we're dating..." Was all Aria heard before everything became a high pitched whistle in her ears, 
 
"Agh!" Aria gasped, each breath she drew making her pain even worse,
 
"T-Taeil..." Aria moaned quietly, her breathing getting shorter the more she tried to steady it,  Aria's eyes shot up to meet Jay's face and was oh so happy that Daehyun was there to draw her attention away from her because the last thing she wanted was to worry Jay. Aria tried her best to push the pain back and listen to Daehyun as he reacted to Jay's information, watching as the male's eyes bulged open,
 
"Wait! Jay! You know he is the Korean instructor!? Right!?" Aria tried to keep her focus on Jay and Daehyun, watching as her best friend's face colored a deep shade of pink due to Daehyun's exclamation,
 
"Shut up! Do you want to get him fired!" Jay retorted, slapping a hand over Daehyun's mouth, his eyes still wide with surprise and sparkiling with another emotion. Aria ground her teeth together as she fought hard to keep her cried to herself, she couldn't alarm Jay, not after something so exciting happened to her, she couldn't ruin the mood now.
 
"Mmh~" Aria hummed as the pain got the best of her, drawing to attention of the boy siting next her. All around Aria could hear the chattering, she could hear Jay's furious whispers as she explained to Daehyun just how crucial it was for him to keep silent about Jongwoon, as she listened to Daehyun's once super deep voice reduce to a crack as he inquired about how Jay and Jongwoon met, his tone an incredulous one. And just like that, it was all gone, the sounds that swam around Aria nothing more than high pitched ring,
 
"Gah!" Aria gasped, clasping her hands to her sides, drawing Taeil's attention.
 
"Aria?" Taeil's tone was thick with fear as he watched Aria's face further sag into a pained expression, he had to get her away from the table before Jay could notice anything was amiss. Taeil glanced over at Daehyun and Jay before jumping to his feet, making sure that both their attention was well averted before lifting Aria up into his chest, wrapping his arms around her and waddling away from the table over toward the little nestled bar area.No one was in the area give the bartender and a drunk old man, but other than that, there was no one of any importance to Taeil,
 
"Aria? Aria baby girl what's hurting you? What did that bastard do to you?" Taeil tried his absolute best to keep his cool but just could not keep this fury out of his tone as he refereed to Woohyun,
 
"...umph...my..." Aria could not form on sentence she was in so much pain,
 
",,,my...si-side..." Aria's voice was nothing but a muffled wisp of air as the words fell from her lips, the grip she had on Taeil's arms loosening the more she lost her strength to stand up right on her own. Taeil glided his hand over Aria's side, a loud gasp escaping the moment his hand cam within contact of the area,
 
"Aria...what did he do?" Taeil's voice was shaking, his eyes stinging with the threat of tears as the girl in his arms began to tremble, her head shaking side to side,
 
"...he threw me...into a table...and then ki-kicked me...a lot..." Aria whispered weakly, burying her face in his arm, trying to muffle the multiple cries of pain that was rising in . Taeil's eyes widened at the sound of Aria saying that Woohyun kicked her, the very blood within him boiling to an extremely high point.
 
"..I c-can't...d-d-do this...T-Taeil..." Aria cried quietly, her eyes fluttering shut as the pain engulfed her,
 
"Aria! Aria! Come one stay with me alright? You have to hang in there until we get you back home." Taeil whispered, his heart aching with so much pain that for a moment he thought he was the one getting beat. Aria shook her head and gasped for air,
 
"I...I...I c-can't..." Aria whispered painfully, clutching at Taeil's hand as the blazing fire spiked again within her. 
 
"Ugh!" Taeil looked over at the bartender and drunk before looking down into Aria's tear drenched face, her eye heavily lidded, 
 
"Okay...let's get you out of here jagiya." Taeil wiped the tears from Aria's face and smoothed down her hair, trying his best to fix her up before taking her back to the table where Jay and Daehyun sat with confused expressions on their face, 
 
"There you guys are! We got scared and thought you ditched us." Taeil rolled his eyes and snickered, 
 
"Not that you would have noticed." Taeil snapped harshly, with no intention to do so,
 
"Taeil is everything alright?" Taeil glanced down at Aria who had managed to lift a smile to her lips, 
 
"Everything is fine guys, he's just....pissy because I called him short..." Aria mused silently, her voice taking on a false amusement. Taeil looked down at Aria with worried eyes, taking his seat beside her, slipping a hand under neath her chair and pulling her next to him. Aria looked over at Taeil, a painful smile spreading over her lips at the feeling of his hands sliding around her, pulling her into his body.
 
Aria tried her best to participate in conversation, but found it difficult to speak with out giving way to a cry of pain. Taeil kept his close distance to Aria, holding her to him the entire, her knuckles soothingly, rubbing her injured side, murmuring sweet apologizes into her ear when Daehyun and Jay were not looking. More than anything Taeil wanted to stalk up to Woohyun and beat the hell out of him, no, Taeil wanted to kill Woohyun he was so upset. There was no way that Aria deserved to be treated like this, there was no way that she deserved to suffer, and all because one jackass wanted to be selfish.
 
"I'm so...happy for you Jay! You and Yesung are really cute together..." Aria whispered as she leaned over, resting her head on Taeil's shoulder, squeezing his arm as pain shocked her body. Jay looked up from her dessert and over at Aria, who had barely touched her bowl of mixed fruit, who was laying on Taeil, her eyes heavily lidded, face sagging with exhaustion and maybe pain. 
 
"Aria are you alright? You've barely touched your fruit..." Aria sat up abruptly, clutching onto Taeil's arm with so much force that her nails were digging into his skin through his shirt. 
 
"Yeah, I'm...I'm fine...just a little headache is all." Aria chirped, reaching over to grab her glass of water, her hands trembling a little, 
 
"Are you sure, Aria? You're shaking..." Daehyun added as he watched her grab her glass of water, 
 
"I'm fine, just a little cold..." Jay narrowed her eyes and hummed, 
 
"Aria you sure...last time you said you were alright you ended up-" Aria snapped her gaze over to Jay, 
 
"Jay, I promise you i am alright..." Aria stressed each word, tightening her arms around herself as the pain intensified at her slight outburst.
 
"Okay Aria, I'm just making sure." Jay and Aria looked at each other for a little while, forgetting that they had an audience,
 
"Maybe it's time we head back anyway, we've been here for a while...it's already going on ten forty five and it takes about an hour, if not more, to get back to the campus." Taeil said suddenly, grasping Aria's hand and lacing his fingers with hers, 
 
"Yeah, I am a little sleepy." Jay said, yawning silently,
 
"...that's amazing...I mean you had a bunch of sugar today, Jay, i am surprised that you even remotely feel tired." Daehyun joked as they both scooted away from the table, the tall male playfully shoving that small female. Taeil stood up to his feet, and leaned down, his lips close to Aria's ear, 
 
"Take it easy alright? Don't move so abruptly," Taeil whispered as his hands glided airily along the curves of her body, caressing her waist gently as he helped her to her feet. For a second, Aria could not feel any pain, all she felt were Taeil's arms and hands, flush against her body, 
 
"Taeil..." Aria whispered as Taeil pressed her into his body, walking slowly toward the door, 
 
"Don't worry baby girl...I've got you." Taeil breathed against Aria's ear as he approached the exit. Daehyun stood by the door, his hands in his pockets as he waited for Jay to return from the lady's room, his eyes wandering around the room until they finally settled on Taeil and Aria's approaching figures. If Daehyun was not mistaken, Aria was currently seeing someone, but looking at her and Taeil, he could have sworn the two were going out. But as Daehyun studied the couple's slow and tense movements, he could tell that there was something else going on, something terribly wrong. Daehyun averted his eyes as Aria and Taeil walked by, neither one of them acknowledging his presence, the couple disappearing into the dark with a certain urgency. Daehyun watched Taeil was he walked Aria to the passenger seat, opening the door and helping her inside, 
 
Is she...hurt? Daehyun wondered curiously as he watched Taeil shut the door, running his hands through his hair, tugging on it in frustration,
 
What's going on here? First Jay with her hair...and now Aria and Taeil..what did i get myself into? Daehyun asked himself as he tore his eyes away from the scene, looking back toward the direction Jay disappeared to, 
 
"Hey man! Where's Jay, we need to get going." The sound of Taeil's voice spooked Daehyun a bit, but not so much that he displayed it. Daehyun turned around to face Taeil and shrugged his shoulders,
 
"I don't know what's taking her so long...hey is Aria okay?" Daehyun asked suddenly, knowing that Jay would freak if there was anything wrong with Aria. Taeil tensed at Daehyun's question,
 
"Yeah, she's fine...she just has a headache...she should be fine though..." Taeil looked away from Daehyun and back toward his car,
 
"..um...alright well... I'm gonna go sit in the car with Aria." Taeil said hurriedly, turning around and jogging back over to his car, jumping into the driver's seat and shutting the door. Something odd was going on with  Jay,  Aria, and Taeil,  and now Daehyun was apart of it.
 
 
Taeil did not say a thing to Aria as he slid into his seat, he simply reached over and grabbed her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze,
 
"Aria? Jagiya...why didn't you tell me sooner? How...how bad did he hurt you..." Aria groaned in pain as she turned her head to face Taeil, a weak smile on her lips.
 
"Not bad enough to keep me away from you..." Aria breathed softly, her eyelids nearly completely shut, her words slurring together ever so slightly, her breathing ragged and choppy.
 
He's hurting her...because of me? Taeil thought as Aria's comment sank into his brain,
 
"Aria please...if...if Woohyun is hurting you because of me...then...maybe you need to...keep your distant from me..." Aria shook her head,
 
"...no Taeil...no-nothing is going to...keep me away from you...nothing...not from you...not from Jay," Aria shut her eyes and concentrated on breathing, biting her lip as the pain throbbed within her.
 
"...Taeil...I can't...I can't stay away from you..." Aria whispered, her small hands trembling in Taeil's larger ones, tears streaming down her cheeks. Taeil reached over and thumbed away Aria's tears,
 
"...Aria... yo-you're getting hurt because of me..." Aria shook her head again,
 
"...no...Taeil...I'm getting hurt...because of me..." Aria gasped sharply at the sound the back doors swinging open, Jay's voice piercing the air,
 
"Well aren't you two cozy?" Jay exclaimed as she ducked her head into the car and slid into her seat, her eyes jumping from both Taeil and Aria, then settling on their joined hands.
 
Aria jolted at the sudden intrusion, her body screaming out in pain, a whimper falling from her lips,
 
"Aria!" Taeil exclaimed quietly as he watched the girl shut her eyes tight, biting down on her lip with so much force that it drew blood, blood which trickled down her chin and fell onto her lap. Taeil looked up into his rear view mirror at Daehyun and Jay before reaching over and wiping the blood off of Aria's chin. Without so much as a response to Jay's comment, Taeil put the car in drive and took off down the road, his foot heavy on the gas, eager to get Aria to the safety and privacy of her own room. Taeil found it difficult to focus on the road, he was so worried about Aria, his eyes stinging with tears.
 
"Is Aria asleep?" Jay asked suddenly, wondering why it was she had not heard from her friend all car ride long. Taeil glanced over at Aria to see that her eyes were still open, but only slightly, her lips moving as she mouthed a quiet, 
 
"Ne." Taeil glanced over his shoulder at Jay and nodded his head,
 
"Yes, she's asleep..." Taeil said quietly, turning his eyes to face the road.
 
"I hope she's alright...maybe it was a little too soon to have her going out after she passed out last night." Jay weighed the idea for a little while, her mind racing with a small amount of concern and worry,
 
"Maybe...she probably just needs to rest." Taeil added, trying to keep the sadness and alarm out of his voice.
 
"Yeah, she does." Jay said back, looking away from Taeil and over at Daehyun who was watching the two of them as they spoke, the image of Taeil walking with Aria pressed against his body flashing across his eyelids,
 
Headache my ... Daehyun thought, looking over at Jay and then cutting his eyes to glance out the window. 
 
The car remained relatively silent the rest of the way, no one but Daehyun and Jay holding a soft whispered conversation in the back. Taeil would often steal a few glances Aria's way, checking to see how she was holding up, the girl flashing him half hearted smiles as the pain continued to trickle through her. Thankfully for Taeil, they were near the campus, the distance between Aria and her dorm but a few feet away. Taeil parked his car in front of the tree that he used to pick Aria up at,
 
"Um...you guys head in first...I'll bring Aria up." Daehyun and Jay hesitated a bit before getting out, 
 
"Are you sure you don't want any help hyung?" Daehyun asked, bending down to peek into the driver's window. Taeil glanced at Daehyun, a small smile spreading over his lips, it was the first time he had smiled at the boy all night, 
 
"Nah, it's okay Daehyun...I've got Aria. You just get Jay inside." Daehyun nodded his head, glancing over at Aria before turning to look at Jay, hoping that she was okay. There was no telling what kind of trauma Jay would suffer from is her best friend was hurt,
 
"...alright..." Daehyun pushed away from the door and jogged over to Jay, who had been watching them the entire time, her brows furrowed with worry, 
 
"She'll be fine, Jay. Come on, let's get you inside." Taeil could hear Daehyun's voice as it traveled on the wind. He was happy that Jay had someone like Daehyun to keep her nerves and stress at bay, because at this point, Taeil did not know if he'd be able to remain sane, he was already going ballistic because of Aria, and he did not know if he could handle Jay relapsing, not while the girl he had grown so fond of was practically hanging to her life by a few threads, each one of them popping away each passing day. Taeil looked over at Aria to see her eyes trained on his face, her lips in a painful smile,
 
"You alright Taeil?" Aria asked, ignoring the pain in her body, trying to focus on someone else but herself for a second. Taeil chuckled,
 
"No, Aria...I'm not alright...I'm scared...for you...I am worried about you..." Taeil's voice was robbed of all amusement, his tone serious and grave. 
 
"...don't be scared Taeil...I'll be fine...I just need to...rest a bit..." Taeil shook his head and sighed, 
 
"You will not be fine Aria! Last time that son of gave you a concussion, and this time he has probably broken some of your ribs! What's next huh!? How bad is he going to hurt you next time?" Taeil's face was red with rage, he wanted to kill Woohyun, the passion was great.
 
"Taeil please...don't...he'll hurt Jay..." Aria stopped talking, biting her lip at the pain peppering through her. Taeil widened his eyes as he watched the blood begin to trickle down her lip again, 
 
"Aria stop it! You're bleeding!" Taeil threw his door open and scrambled over to Aria's aid, opening her door and pulling her out into his arms, using his sleeve to wipe away the blood, her lip swollen and red form all the biting. Aria didn't say a word, she just whimpered and sobbed in pain as Taeil hastened to get her inside, holding her close to his body, hands cradling her to his chest.
 
"Put me down Taeil..." Aria whispered as they approached the door, she didn't want to rise any suspicion within Jay. Taeil placed Aria on her feet, keeping a hand at her waist as the two of them walked up to the door. With trembling hands, Aria opened the door and stepped inside the room, 
 
"Jay?" Aria called out, hoping that her friend was fast asleep.
 
"Aria! Is that you? You're awake!" Jay came prancing out of her room, the girl already changed into her pajamas. 
 
"Yeah, I um...I woke up when Taeil was carrying me inside. Look, Jay, I am sorry about today, i didn't mean to ruin dinner for you and Daehyun-" Jay scrunched up her face, 
 
"Aria you didn't ruin anything...what makes you think that? I had a blast." Jay said sincerely, her brows furrowed,
 
Why would she think that she ruined dinner for me? Jay wondered as she looked at Taeil and Aria, noting the way that Aria had her arms wrapped around her waist and the way Taeil had his hand resting at her hip.
 
"You alright there kid? Do you have a stomach or something?" Aria looked down at her arms and unfolded them,
 
"Oh um...I think so, my stomach has been hurting for a little bit." Jay's eyes widened, 
 
"Then go lay down you silly girl! We could have left earlier had I known you had a tummy ache!" Aria giggled and stiffened, her eyesight flashing white, 
 
"...it's alright Jay. I'll be fine..." Taeil looked at Jay, 
 
"Don't worry about her Jay, you just go to sleep, I'll make sure that she gets to sleep okay. Go tell your boyfriend good night." Taeil chuckled, watching as a deep blush colored Jay's cheeks,
 
"Shut up!" Jay exclaimed, her face heating up at the sound of Taeil mentioning Jongwoon. 
 
"...whatever..stop laughing!" Jay exclaimed, folding her arms across her chest in defense. Taeil shook his head and rose his hands, 
 
"Okay okay, i'm done..." Jay shook her head and turned for her room, everyone knew the moment she disappeared into her room that she would hurry to call Jongwoon, they could see it in her face. 
 
"Are you sure you've got it Taeil?" Jay asked, sticking her head out of her door,
 
"Yeah it's fine Jay. Just get some sleep...oh and kiss Jongwoon goodnight for me." Taeil joked at Jay ducked her head back into her room, completely and utterly embarrassed,  
 
"Shut up!" Jay scream once she was safe behind her door. Aria could not help but smile at how cute her friend was, Jay was finally in love and it was great seeing her so giddy with emotions.
 
"Let's get you to your room, Aria." Taeil whispered against  her ear. Aria shivered at the feeling and nodded, the two of them heading ever so diligently to the other side of the room toward her room.
 
"I'll be right back okay?" Aria whispered, placing a hand on Taeil's arm as she entered room and shut the door behind her to change into her night clothes. It was an agonizing task, changing into her pajamas, Aria's side smarting terribly with each slight movement. Before Aria put her tank top on, she walked over to her vanity and looked at her side, the sight causing a gasp to slip from , 
 
"Aria?" Taeil's voice came sounding from the other side of the door followed by a knock,
 
"You alright in there?" Aria blinked away her tears as she slipped her tank tip over her head, nodding her head as if Taeil could see her,
 
"Yes..." Aria whispered as she walked over to the door, slowing opening the a crack. Taeil leaned against the door frame and looked down at Aria for a second before stepping inside her room, slipping his arms around her and pulling her into a light embrace, her hair gently. Aria melted against Taeil, her body shaking as sobs took over her, there was just so much pain, pain she had never felt before. Ever. Taeil looked down at Aria before taking a hesitant step toward her bed, making sure not to irritate her side. Aria whimpered as Taeil pulled her across her bed, her body hot with pain,
 
"...I'm sorry jagi...I'm so sorry..." Taeil breathed against Aria's ear as he settled down against her pillows, propping the girl against his body.
 
"..you need to tell someone about Woohyun...you need to report him...and soon because...Aria...things are only going to get worse." Taeil whispered, running his fingers through Aria's long thick hair. 
 
"...T-Taeil i can't do that...you know i can't..." Aria shook her head, knotting her hands in Taeil's shirt, giving it a tug, 
 
"...but Aria he's going to keep hurting you and hurting you and I don't think I can take seeing you in so much pain. Especially when I know that I can do something about it." Aria peered up into Taeil's eyes, the determination in his face strong and true.
 
"...Taeil I don't want to see Jay get hurt...I don't want to see you...get hurt..." Aria whispered, snuggling closer to Taeil, who only continued to play in her hair. Taeil let Aria's hair slip through his fingers, his hands traveling down traveling down and along her sides ever so tenderly, his fingers tracing over her extremely sore side before moving to the hem of her tank top. Aria's breath hitched at the contact but she did not protest, no, instead she moved her hands to cover Taeil's, guiding them along as he pushed up her shirt. 
 
"...it's pretty bad...Taeil..." Aria whispered, shutting her eyes as his fingers crept along the large patch of broken and damaged skin. Taeil inhaled slowly as he laid his eyes upon the traumatized area of skin, her entire side a dark purple and angry red bruise, her skin puckering a bit at the spot where her side collided with the corner of the table, her fragile skin on the verge of tearing, blood seeping to the surface. The bruise reached around Aria's entire torso area, the color getting lighter but not by much, 
 
"Aria! Aria...my god...why d-didn't...you...you need help..." Taeil breathed, his tone frantic, 
 
"No! Taeil I'll be fine...just..." Aria exhaled deeply, as the pain ate at her, 
 
"...I'll be alight..." Aria laid her head against Taeil's chest, opening to say more but only cried out in pain.
 
"Shh Aria...don't say anything. Just, try to go to sleep...I'll be right here...I promise...I won't let you go..." Aria looked up at Taeil then, 
 
How did he know that I didn't want him to let me go? Aria wondered as she drifted off into a painful slumber, 
 
"...thank you Taeil...for everything...for staying with me...for helping me keep this from Jay...I don't know what I would do if...if she found out...if Woohyun hurt her...." Taeil kept his mouth sealed shut, tears finally falling from his eyes. It was amazing to him how someone so weak and seemingly helpless, how someone so sweet and undeserving of cruelness, would risk her life to protect those that she loved the most, and it killed Taeil. 
 
"You're welcome Aria..." Taeil murmured, caressing her cheek, gliding his thumb along her cheeks, across her thick lips, the same lips that he watched her chew so hard that they bleed, 
 
"Aria...can you do me a favor?" Aria peered up at Taeil through heavy eyes, 
 
"What favor Taeil?" Aria's voice was hushed and fragile sounding, 
 
"...if Woohyun hurts you...when he hurts you...can...can you call me...can you promise to tell me...the moment he disappears can you call me....so I can...so I can help you, Aria...please...can you do that?" Taeil whispered as he continued to brush the pads of his fingers along her smooth skin, thumbing her lips once more, waiting for your to answer him. 
 
"...yes....I promise..." Aria whispered, reaching up to wrap her arms around Taeil's neck. Taeil slid along the sheets so that Aria's body was aligned with his, making sure that she was as comfortable as possible before pulling the covers over both of their bodies. Taeil knew that it would not take Aria any time at all to fall asleep, but he did know that she would be in pain as she did so, and he wanted to do everything possible to make that pain lessen. 
 
"...Aria...do you know how much I hurt seeing you suffer like this?" Taeil whispered into Aria's hair, knowing that she could not hear him because by know she was fast asleep, battling the agony her wound unleashed on her. But as Aria lay there in Taeil's arms, her eyes trained on his chest, just a fraction of his chest tattoo peeking over the collar of his shirt, drawing her attention. Aria heard everything Taeil was saying, she heard just how pained he really was to see her in such condition, and this in turn pained her, more than anything Woohyun could do to her. 
 
"...I wish you knew how much I love you baby girl...how much it kills me to see you hurting like this..." Taeil whispered into Aria's hair, bringing his mouth down to hover over her forehead before pressing his lips against her hot skin, the lingering kiss imprinting on her skin. Oh how bad Aria wanted to feel those same lips on her own.
 
For a second Aria could not breathe, she was breathless and numb, Taeil's heartfelt words burying themselves in the core of her heart, tears rolling down her cheeks, landing on the male's shirt like heavy drops of lead. This is how Aria fell asleep, crying her heart out at Taeil's confession, a confession she was not yet supposed to hear, her mind replaying the confession she was not going to utter.
 
I love you too Taeil...