Missing You

Risk and Retaliations

  Jong Woon raised his voice so that each and every person in the lecture hall could here him. He looked fron the board to the open text book on his desk then at his students. It wasn't a surprise to him that some were asleep, others on their phone and some day dreaming. His eyes settled down on Jay. To his amazement she looked completely out of it. It was unusual, Jay was always up front and attentive. But recently, this past month to be exact, she was sitting in the front but was completely unaware of what was happening. He was a bit worried about her.
    
    Jay heaved a small sigh as she twirled her hair. Her mind not focusing on the lesson being taught. It had been a month and there had been barely any conversations between her and Jong Woon. They didn't text much either so it was always hard to try and be the first one to send a message. She knew that he might become distant from her. Because after all he was a college professor and she was just his student. There shouldn't be any type of informal conversation going on between them. She had tried to convince herself of this but her heart would just turn to lead when she did and she didn't understand why. Trying to reason with her mind was one thing but her heart just wouldn't listen. There was always this need to see him, to be noticed by him, to talk to him. She wanted to know how his day was going, if he was taking care of himself, if he was eating his meals. But then she would wonder why she thought so much about him. She just couldn't help herself. She wanted to know these things and more. She wanted him to look at her more as well so the days she had class she would put pretty ribbons in her hair and wear nice cloths but she never could just go up and talk to him. Now she was at a point where thinking about him hurt because she couldn't talk to him. To top it all off Aria wasn't hanging out with her as much. Ever since she started dating Woohyun she had slowly stopped and know they only spoke during their small breaks between classes and at the dorm. So now she was only hanging out with Taeil and Daehyun. She heaved another sigh, she really wanted to talk to Jong Woon.

 

"Jay Liu!" Jong Woon said making her jump out of her thoughts. She looked up at him, her heart hammering against her chest. Today he was wearing more casual cloths. A black firm fitting dress shirt with khaki slacks and polished black shoes. 

 

"Ne?" She responded lifting her head which she had been resting on her hand.

 

"Please answer the question on the board." He said giving her a weary look. She felt a pang in her chest, was he annoyed with her? She looked at the board and a question she had absolutely no idea how to answer looked right back at her. She looked down at her desk and shook her head.

 

"I-I don't know the answer Kim gysunim." she replied in a low voice. Jong Woon sighed he had thought as much.

 

"I need to speak to you after class." He said then went right back to his lesson.

 

    Aria's eyes flickered to Jay. She bit her lip in worry. Jay wasn't like this. She always knew every answer to each question that was asked. She looked so distracted lately. But it's not like she could do much for her, she was always being hauled away by Woohyun or have to run away from Taeil if he ever showed up. Woohyun didn't like her hanging out with Taeil so she tried to avoid him at all costs but avoiding Taeil also meant avoiding Jay. She glanced at Taeil, he caught her eye and she immediately looked away. He frowned but didn't say anything to her.

 

"Alright class." Jong Woon said finalizing his lecture. "Remember to study for your exam and any pop quizzes. I'll see everyone tomorrow." He said closing the text book on his desk.

 

All the students in the lecture hall rushed out to get to their next class of the day. He watched as Aria and Taeil said nothing to each other as they exited the room. Aria didn't even stop to say bye to Jay which he found very strange. Taeil nodded to him then walked out. The last person to leave the room shut the door as if everyone else was gone when in reality Jay was still sitting in her seat completely immobile. Hearing the door shut she looked around, startled she stuffed her things in her bag and was ready to rush out.

 

"Jay!" Jong Woon called out before she could run off. She winced and turned to him. He crooked his finger in a motion that meant to come here. "We need to talk remember?" He said his voice stern. 

 

"Yes," She whispered coming closer to his desk. She set her bag on the floor and bowed to him. 

 

"Are you alright?" He asked his voice filled with concern. She felt another pang in her chest and her eyes prick.

 

"Y-Yes, Kim Gysunim I'm perfectly fine." She said with a small smile that faltered at the corner of her lips. No she wasn't alright. She was lonely without Aria, confused about her feelings towards him and just tired in general but more than anything she wanted to talk to him. Not about school but about nothing in particular.

 

"You don't look alright to me." He replied taking her arm and pulling her to the other side of his desk. He glanced at the only door that led inside the class room. The window was on the far left hand side with a curtain over it. The door had also been giving problems and locked whenever it closed so no one could come inside without someone opening it. "Don't lie to me, Jay. Tell me what's wrong." He whispered his breath tickling her ear. He enveloped her in a tight and warm embrace. It had been too long since he had even touched her arm. He had been so busy with work he barely had a chance to talk to her. Once he got home he feel asleep and wouldn't get any rest for the day until he got back home. he hadn't text-ed or called her in a month. It annoyed him that so much was coming in the way of him courting her but he couldn't do anything about it.

 

"Kim-"

 

"Why do you keep calling me that?" He asked her tightening his hug. "Did I become a stranger to you again?" His voice was thick with emotion. Jay shook her head and wrapped her arms around his torso, her hands forming fists in his crisp black shirt, the smell of apples filling her nose. 

 

"No Oppa you didn't....Its just...I..."

 

There was a loud banging on the door. Jay jumped out of his arms a couple feet away. Her eyes wide with panic as the person kept banging. Jong Woon ran his fingers through his hair, tugging on it harshly. He went to open the door and found none other than Daehyun waiting outside. He had already changed into his cloths for dance. He stood there a sheepish smile on his lips.

 

"Is Jay here?" He asked cheerfully. Jong Woon forced a smile to come to his lips.


"She's here. I needed to discuss a couple things with her." He said gesturing inside. "Are you two dating? You're really attentive to her." Daehyun's cheeks colored a bit while a small smile illuminated his face. Jay shook her head and went over to them.

 

"No we're not." They both replied. Daehyun looked at her his brows knitting together. She had denied that a little to eagerly.

 

"I see. Well you should head to your next class before you're late." Jong Woon said not much emotion in his voice. He turned to get his things. "Oh and Jay,"

 

"Yes?" She said looking back at him.

 

"Remember what we spoke about." His voice seemed stern and harsh but Jay could read between the lines, they weren't done talking and she was relieved. If Daehyun hadn't interrupted them she could have said what was on her mind. She bowed to him and nodded her head before following Daehyun outside.

 

"What was that about?" He asked innocently. Jay glanced at him through the side of her eye.

 

"I haven't been doing well in class." She replied then shrugged. She was terrible at lying but technically this wasn't a lie. They has taken a test the day before and because she was in lala land she knew she had done terrible. "He was concerned."

 

"Are you ok?" He stopped walking and held her hand. "Is it because of Aria? Are you feeling ok?"

 

"Dae don't worry I'm fine. I've been taking my medicine." She said smiling to show him she was alright.  At the moment she was because even though he had interrupted them she had been alone with Jong Woon even if it was only a couple minutes. He had hugged her and her heart that had been heavy for the past month lightened at the fact.

 

She slid her fingers from Daehyun's hand and started walking to their dance lesson. He watched her and he followed after her. His mind racing with images of what he had just experienced. Something wasn't right. When that professor opened the door he had felt nothing but hostility from him. As if the very sight of him was annoying. Then Daehyun was more than certain that those two had exchanged some sort of secret message. That wasn't normal for teacher and students, at all.

 

For the rest of the day just like the month that had just passed she was out of it. But this time it wasn't because she was sad but happy that they had finally been able to exchange words. It made her giddy so much that she felt like she was on cloud nine. 

 
After their dance lesson Daehyun and Jay stayed behind like usual. The competition day was drawing near. There were other groups in their class competing but they never practiced in school. They were too afraid of having their routine stolen by others. As a result the dance studio was always empty.
 
"Can't we take a break today?" Jay whined massaging her sore thighs.
 
"No Jay. We have to get this down pact," replied Daehyun stretching for the second time that day.
 
Jay sighed while rolling her neck. She loved dancing, she really did but if this kept on she would get sick of it. Practicing was one thing but this guy didn't know when to stop and take a day to breath. She stood from the hard wooden floor and went to her bag. Unaware of his eyes she proceeded to shake her inhaler before taking in two puffs. Then she took an orange vial, shaking out two pills she swallowed them down with some water. Once she was done she put a blue inhaler in her pocket.She turned and caught Daehyun staring at her. It was obvious he still wasn't used to her sickness. She needed to take a lot of medication but he wouldn't let her go to the bathroom to take it. he said since they were friends she should be more comfortable around him. That had been next to impossible because when she finished he would always be staring at her. She felt sympathy and pity. It  made her annoyed with him. She didn't  want him pitying her, this had nothing to do with him. It was her decision to keep dancing, he didn't need to pity her for her condition.
 
"Well," She said impatiently tapping her foot and raising her eyebrow. "Let's start.:
  
    Daehyun avoided her eyes then nodded going to turn on the music. Once it started the akward tension that had materlized slowly melted back into their own bodies. The choreography started out with a solo done by Jay which was barelya minute long. Daehyun watcehd mesmerized by her fluid body movements. It was astounding that such a sickly girl could dance with somuch energy. Her dancing flowed well and nothing was abrupt. Her movements were so precise and clean cut that others would have a hard time compying her. No dance practice was difficult to go through because she was always focused,concentrated and happy. Her dancing was never lifeless, she was always moved with passion and excitment. When she was finished Daehyung joined her. He touched her waist lightlywhile they danced. More time than he liked she gave him a look of want that he translated into y but he knew it was only for show. There was one point where it looked like they were kissing. his hand reached up to her head to make the dnace more convincing. The moment his fingers grazed her scalp her steps faltered, she went out of rythm then stepped away from him.
 
"What happened?" He asked breathless from the practice. She was breathing harder than him, her chest rising and falling rapidly as she struggled to breath. She put her hand to her chest trying to catch her breath.
 
"You're not supposed to touch my hair!" She breathed while putting her hair into a messy pony tail.
 
"It would make that part even better if I did. You want to win right? So what's the big deal?!" He asked sitting on the floor throwing his head back in exsaperation.
 
"I dont want you to touch it." She whispered wrapping her hand over the messy bun on her had her eyes becoming distant.
 
"It's just hair," He replied bringing his head back up and staring at her as if she was being stupid. She looked at him and her eyes stung at his words.
 
"No. It is not." She said through clenched teeth. He sighed throwing his hands in the air.
 
"Oh whatever. I won't touch it. I don't know what you're problem is." He stood up stretching his arms out. "Let's call it night. Want to go to the cafe?" Heasked changing the subject. Jay shook her head. When Daehyun settled his eyes on her his heart stopped.The hurt in her eyes was as clear as day and he had not only missed it, he had caused it.
 
"No I don't. I'll just go to my dorm. I'm tired."She said her voice strong and stern. She was trying to hold back her angry tears and because of that she was getting a headache.
 

"You're not seriously mad at me over this are you?" He asked in disbelief. She turned away from him and went to rummage through her back to make sure she had every. She closed it violently. She forget her Korean notebook in class.
 
"I'm leaving." She said walking out without  giving him a second glance and slamming the door shut.
 
Daehyun winced then watched as the door opened again. She had slammed it so fast that the door wasnt given a chance to lock. He kicked his schoolbag and sighed.
 
"Nice going idoit.Now she'spissed."  He repramanded himself while picking up his bag,turning off the lights and going back to his dorm kicking himself all the way there for making his crush so upset.
 
     It wasn't just hair. She whispered inher mind wipping the hot tears that were spilling down from her eyes. She loved her hair and took very good care of it. She had been this way ever since she was a little girl. Going in and out of the hospital wasn't fun. But she had always gotten compliments from the staff about how pretty her hair was even though she didn't do much with it. So she decided to start taking care of it, the more it grew, the more compliments she recieved which made her stays at the hospital better. The staff would always want to touch her hair and were pleasently surprised to feel how soft it was. Even her step brother loved putting his hands through it. But her father hated it. She was sure he hated her just as much too. Her two other biological sisters were her fathers favorites so they always got the best things while she was just left with whatever remained. So her having this beautiful long, silky hair that everyone admired made her sisters jealous and her father angry. It didn't look like they cared if she was frequntly sick and had to be admitted into the hospital. If anything that just made her father even angrier because he always had to be taking care of her. Often her step brother would come in and do the job because her father complained so much about it when he came to visit her. Sadly her father was so insensative that he voiced his complaints in front of her in the hospital making her upset so the staff would force him to leave because he was interfering with her recovery process.
     One day when she came back home from school she had a feeling to go to her step brothers house but she had ignored it and went straight home. As soon as she got there she regretted it. Her father had grabbed her hair as soon as she stepped through he door and dragged her into the living room. There he had taken a big pair of sciccors and chopped her hair off. It went from being down her back to above her shoulders. She had cried like someonewas going to kill her and because she had gotten so upset it triggered another asthma attack and she had to be hospitalized again not long after she had just been released one week earlier. Her step brother came to the hospital to fill out the paper work then went to her house to pack up all her things. When she was released her step brother took her to her mothers house where she would live. Once she was settled in she changed her name from Cha Jae Hwa, the name her mom and dad came up with together, and just called herself Jay Liu. She wouldn't let anyone but her mother and Aria touch her hair again. This all happened in her middle school years. So no, it wasn't just hair, not at all.
 
     Angirly she threw the classroom door openthen slammed itshut.Sheleanedagainst the door letting her white hot tears stream down her cheeks. THe memories of her father flooded back into her mind. She hated him for what he did to her, how he treated her even though she was his daughter. She hated Daehyun for touching her hair without her permission and making those terrible memories resurface. If she didn'tkeepmoving she knew she would break down rightthere. So she forcedherselfto gotoherseat.Her class notebookwas rightwhere she had previously left it. But instead of leaving she sat on the floor, under her desk and there she cried. She made sure to cover so when she cried no one would hear. She didn't want to go back to the dorm to cry ecause Aria would worry about her. She had worked so hard to bury those memories and he emotions that came with it. This was the one thing she hid from everyone. Aria knew what happened and estimated how much it hurt but Jay didn't want her  to be brought back to her past.
 
     The door opened again and then closed but she didn't hear it. The person collected somethings from the front desk and was preparing to leave when their ears picked up the sound of muffled whimpering. The person glanced around but saw no one. They caught a glimpse of a red sweater under the first row of desks. They went up the stairs and glanced under the table.
 
"Jay?"A high pictched masculine voice asked as he kneeled down in front of her.
 
     Jay only watched Taeil. His glasses slid off the bridge of his nose and with his index finger he pushed them back up. His eyes filled with concern taking her trembling figure in. Her hands were still on muting her sobs. Her nose was running and the liquid pooled on top ofher hand. The tears that fell stained her usually spotless cheeks. Her hair was in a disheavledpony tail, tiny stubborn hairs sticking out. She still had on her shin length yoga pants and a flowy shirt indicating that she had just come from her dance class. Because her eyes were so bloodshot he assumed she had been crying under here for a long time. He decided it would be best not to ask any questions.
 
"Don't go anywhere. I'll be right back ok?" He said standing up quickly to rush to the bathroom. As he speed walked through the halls he felt relieved that it didn't seem she was having an asthma attack. Though he wasn't completely sure if it was true he only hoped itwas. He glanced up from the floor his eyeslocked with someone else in the halls.
 
"Deahyun-ah!" Taeil called out as Daehyun was getting ready to urn away. Daehyun sighed but plastard a fake smile on his lips.
 
"Taeil sunbenim anyeonghaseyo!" He said cheerfully. "I haven't seen you allday." Taeil frowned coming up to him. They never saw each other on days like this because they both had a full day of classes. If he remembered correctly today he was supposed to have danc practice with Jay or an upcoming dance competition.
 
"What happened to Jay?" Taeil asked lifting his eyerow questioningly.
 
"Did something happen?" Daehyun asked trying to feign ignorance but his voice dripped with guilt.
 
"She had dance class and practice with the competition with you right? Did she look off?" Taeil asked crossing his arms in fron of his chest indicating that he was losing his patiences.
 
"She looked fine." Daehyun replied. This wasn't a lie she had been completely normal until he had touched her hair. Taeil didn't buy it. They had been hanging out for a month with Jay and Taeil could read both of them pretty well. Daehyun was keeping something from him. "You've known her longer than me right?"
 
"We met about the same time." Taeil said flatly. Daehyun shifted his weight from one foot to antoher feeling incredibly uncomfortable.
 
"Well has Aria told you anything about Jay and her hair?" Daehyun asked. Both of Taeil's eyebrows shot up. Bingo. "I mean I know girls are touchy about it but Jay is...." He paused a moment biting his bottom lip. "She hates people touching it more than others. Do you know why?"
 
"No." Taeil responded shaking his head slgihtly. "Aria hasn't really told me anything about their past. I never asked either." He checked his watch and frowned again. He had left Jay alone ten minutes ago. "I'll see you tomorrow." He waved and went into the bathroom.
 
     WHen he came back out Daehyun was already gone. He practically jogged back to the classroom. Jay was still sitting under the desk. In the same position tears still streaming down her cheeks. He sat back down in fron of her. He took out some of the tissues in his pocket. Carefully he removed her hands from her face, cleaning them off first. Then he started cleaning her nose doing his best to be gently. His mind wandered back to the concersation he had with Daehyun. Taeil knew Daehyun liked Jay, it was pretty obvious, they always hung out at the cafe near the school usually late at night. So it was pretty damn strange if he had no clue why she was breaking down like this. He took out a clean set of tissues and started on her wet cheeks. He glanced at her messy hair. All he knew was that no one could touch her hair except Aria. The reason for that he necer asked because he felt it was none of his buisness. It looked like now it would be.
 
"Kumapseumnida Oppa," She whispered her voice quivering. He put another set of clean tissues in her hands.
 
"You want to get something hot to drink?" Taeil said making sure to avoid whatever was tormenting her. She looked surprised and her reddened eyes widened slightly but she nodded.
 
"With Ary?" SHe asked timidly. He smiled and was going to pat her head but he opted against it remembering how sensative she was about her hair.
 
"Yeah if she wants to. I'll walk you to your dorm room." He stood up and stretched out his hand so she could take it. When she was standing she hesitated before enveloping him in a hug. Shocked by the suddent contact he took a stp back but still wrapped his hands around her petite waist.
 
     At the door Yesung put his hand on the handle. He had sent Taeil here to pick up some papers he had left but he was taking too long so he decided to come get them himself. He twisted the door knob but the door wouldn't budge. WIth a sigh he remembered the door wasnt working right. He reached into his pocket taking out the keys. Before puttng the key into the hole he looked through the window to see if Taeil was actually just fooling around inside. THe key in his hands dropped when his eyes settled on not only Taeil but Jay and her hands wrapped around Taiel's neck and Taeil's arms around her slim waist.
 
"Thank you Oppa," She said again relieved that he didn't ask her any questions. Relieved that he had found her and she didn't have to feel so alone. Talking about her past was impossible without crying. She had cried enough for a whole week.
 
"No problem." He said squeezing her waist comfortingly. Jay set her head on his shoulder and her nose was on his neck. She let out a deep breath that tickled him. "If there's anything you can't talk about with Aria I'm right here." He reasuringly said. One hand left her waist and he rubbed her back gently. "If Daehyun bothers you I'll beat him up for you ok?" Her back went rigid so he started to massage the center of it with his thumb.
   
"You're talking as if you were my older brother." She said a smile gracing her lips. She lifted her head so she could see his face.
 
"I don't see anything wrong with that. Don't you need anoher family when you're so far from home?" He replied caressing her cheek kindly. "I'll be you're older brother her and protect you from other guys. No one would lay a finger on my little sister." Jay nodded and giggled.
 
"Ne, Oppa."
 
Their was a nosie at the door as if someone was trying to come in. Jay and Taeil both turned their heads just in time to see Yesung walk through the doors. Jay's heart skipped a beat and then she was very aware that she was wrapped in Taeil's arms. She took her hands and pulled his arms away from her body. She bowed to Yesung her eyes trained on the ground.
 
"Annyeonghaeseyo Kim gyusunim." She said her voice below that of a whisper. Yesung nodded.
 
"So this is what took you so long." Yesung said his eyes still on Jay. She lifted up her head and Yesung raised an eyebrow at her. She immediatly looked back down.
 
"Oh right!" Taeil said completely oblivious to the exchange that had just occured. He took Jay's hand and the papers on the desk in front of him. "Sorry I was kind of busy." He said not sure if telling him about Jay crying would be a good idea.
 
"I can see that." Yesung replied coldly. Taeil's eyebrows knit together at the unfamiliar tone of voice but shrugged it off.
 
"But here. I'll call you later tonight. I have something to do." Taeil said rushing through the door with Jay's arm still trapped in his hands. Before they disappeared through the door Yesung grabbed Jay's hand hauling her back inside.
 
"Don't forget we're not done talking alright? And I don't mean by texting. Meet me by my office whenever you finish what you're doing with Taeil." He said his voice low so Taeil couldn't hear him. Jay nodded still not able to bring herself to look at him. He let her go and she flew out the doors.
 
Standing there alone Yesung grabbed a chair a slumped in it. He put his hands to his face and ruffled his hair. He was acting like a jealous teenager. He couldn't believe he become so jealous because of Taeil, his long time friend. But he was hugging Jay so close, something he himself could not do. Not in public anyways. He sighed and looked up at the ceiling his hair still in his hands. What the hell was he doing?
 
     Taeil walked Jay to her dorm room in silence. Jay was completely absorbed in her own thoughts. She would glance back every few minutes as if someone was following her. Then she would look back in front of her, sigh, and be lost in her thoughts again. She knew that he was somewhat angry. The way he grabbed her arm, the smoldering gaze of displeasure in his eyes as he looked down at her. It made her heart ache. She wanted to go back to him and hug him to tell him not to look at her like that, that it made her sad. But she knew she couldn't do that, not in public. She would have to go to his office to tell him that. Then agian she shouldn't feel this way about him, he was her professor after all. None of these feelings should have surfaced inside of her. She pushed them down so by the time she got to her dorm room door she had falsly convinced herself that everything she felt and everything she saw was just a figment of her imagination, it was fake, nothing was there, no feelings for him at all.
 
Taeil stopped in front of her dorm room door but she seemed completely out of it that she didn't even notice.
 
"Jay?" He asked shaking her arm a little bit. She jumped then looked up at him.
 
"Oh we're here." She said absently. Then she smiled over at Taeil.
 
"Thanks! I'll meet you down at the cafe. I don't know if Aria is going to be here this early but if she is I'll make sure to bring her downstairs." She said trying her best to be cheerful.
 
"Alright." He said watching as she stepped inside the dorm room.
 
     He headed towards the elevator and leaned against the wall once he got inside. He put a hand to his chin and closed his eyes. There was something going on between Yesung and Jay. He hadn't really been paying attention to them since he was so concerned about Aria but she was avoiding him so he really couldn't get to the bottom of what was wrong with her although he had his suspiscions. Then there was Daehyun. There was no doubt in his mind that he had made her cry like that, he was going to find out what he did and if wouldnt say it willingly he would most likely beat the crap out of him until he told him. In the months he had known Jay he had grown extremly protective of her. That asthma attack scared the crap out of him. He noticed that even though she was bright and cheerful and most often than not naive she was seriously one quite girl who held a lot of secrets. The same went with Aria but his concern for her was more than just being a good friend. Although he would never admit it himself he had stronger feelings for her.
 
     He got to the cafe and took a seat near the back by a window. Once he sat down he ordered some things, a sweet white hot chocolate for Jay who had one of the biggest sweet tooth ever, a chai latte for Aria who was pretty simple and coffee with cream and sugar for himself. After ten minutes he spotted Jay walk into the cafe wrapped up like an eskimo. She hated the cold with a passion and with good reason. Her body wasn't very tolerant of it, her fingers and toes would go numb after just five minutes outside. Beside her was Aria with slightly less gear on. She set eyes on him and immediatly turned around to leave but Jay held her down. She didn't let her leave. Aria tried to protest against it but Jay wasn't having it.
 
"Come on Ary please?" Jay begged. "You barely hangout with us anymore. Just this once please? Come on you were even home earlier than before."
 
"Yeah I came home earlier to hang out with you not Taeil! I really can't be here. Please Jay just let me go back." Aria said glancing outside for someone. Jay looked over her shoulder but didn't see anyone.
 
"Ary please." Jay said agian. "I won't ask you for something ever again. So please?"
 
"Liar." Aria said with a heavy sigh. "You'll ask me for things no matter what." She looked up at Taeil who was just staring at her, his eyes boring a hole in her own. She felt a shiver down her spine. "Ok fine. Just for tonight."
 
"Yay!" Jay exclaimed taking her arm before she could run away and dragging her to Taeil.
 
     Just as they got to their table a waitress came with their drinks. They all sat down and sipped them silently. Jay sat beside Taeil while Aria sat on the other side of the booth. Taeil really couldn't take his eyes off of Aria. She looked completely different from a month ago. Her hair was straightened, he liked it but not as much as her curly hair. She had bags under her eyes and they darted suspiciously from left to right as if waiting for someone to pop out of nowhere. When she outstretched her arm to reach for sugar he saw her wrist was darker than usual. His hand shot out and grabbed it. He examined it and his blood boiled red hot. It was a bruise.
 
"Ow! Taeil that hurts!!" Aria shouted pulling her arm away from him and hidding it in her jacket sleeve.
 
"What happened to you?" He asked trying to keep calm.
 
"I fell on my arm in my room." She lied putting sugar in her latte and avoiding his gaze. He knew she was lying.
 
"Ary....Oppa?" Jay asked looking between them the tense atmostphere making her nervous. What had happened between them?
 
"Sorry mina, what's up?" Taeil said tearing his attention from Aria. If he continued to look at her he wasn't sure what exactly he was going to say next. He was worried about her, where had she gotten that bruise from?
 
"I...wanted to ask you guys something." Jay said timidly as she looked between Aria and Taeil. She wasn't sure if this was the right time to bring something like this up when it looked like two of her best friends were on such bad terms.
 
"What's on your mind Jay?" Aria asked her eyes softening when they settled on Jay. They really hadn't had a girl to girl talk since she had been so busy this month. She was a little jealous that Taeil was always with her and heard more of her problems but she would get over it. She was happy that at least someone was there for her.
 
"Well....ummm.." She stuttered looking down at her mug of sweet hot chocolate. "I wanted to know....is...is it alright if someone likes their professor..." She said not sure how else she could ask a question like this. "I mean....they're older....and....umm...." She put her hands to her face as it started to get ten degrees hotter. This was so embaressing.
 
"Hmm," Taeil said smiling from ear to ear. Why was this girl so cute? "I don't see anything wrong with it."
 
"Really?!" Jay asked her face lighting up a little.
 
"I don't see anything wrong with it either. I mean if they both like each other which I'm sure they do." Aria said implying that she knew exactly who they were talking about. Taeil glanced over at her his smile still in place. "Then no one can tell them what to do. No one really has that type of right to tell someone who they can and can't like. That would be wrong."
 
"But...what if other people find out? They could get in trouble...and isn't it against the rules to do something like that..." Jay asked her countanence growing sad. She had barely seen Yesung for a month. Sometimes she wished she was still hospitalizd because he would still be coming to tutor her. If she was in the hospital she wouldn't be so scared of getting caught. No matter how much she tried to deny it she knew she liked him more than she should and she missed him. She missed when he sang to her and when they had casual conversations. He was the only guy who was allowed to touch her hair and she wanted more than anything to feel his hands on her head. She bit her lip and looked up at Aria her heart heavy. "Ary, I miss him a lot. I want to hug him and talk to him and...." She felt her tears about to spill and she rubbed her eyes. "Sorry..."
 
"Don't be." Aria said getting up and patting her on the head. "Its your first time liking someone this much right? Its natural that you want to do all this stuff but because you can't do it openly I understand that it hurts." Taeil stood up and let Aria sit beside her friend.Jay hugged Aria and Aria patted her head. "Did you tell him?" Jay shook her head.
 
"I'm scared he might get in trouble. I'm scared about a lot." She replied. Aria nodded.
 
"But if you keep letting that hold you back you're never going to be even remotly near him. You don't want that right?" Aria asked and Jay shook her head. "Then you can't really think about the rules can you? If you like him so much you can't let other things get in the way of that. Even if things don't go well I'll be right there with you so you don't have to worry." Aria looked up at Taeil he nodded in agreement.
 
"You're completely right Baby girl. Plus I don't think Yesung is going to be thinking too much of the rules when he has such a cute girl falling for him." He said winking at Aria who blushed and turned away from him. His smile grew wide. At least he still had this kind of effect on her.
 

"I really miss him..." Jay whispered holding onto Aria. She turned her head to look at Taeil who was staring at her friend. "Kumawo," She said with a smile.