Panic

Risk and Retaliations

  Following Yesung into the Language building wasn't the easiest thing in the world for Jay. Her heart was hammering hard in her chest and it wasn't because she was about to have another asthma attack. She was nervous. Her grades had always been the best, all she had to do was look at something once and then she could remember. But her mind had been so engorssed with other things, mainly Yesung and her feeligns towards him, that she had not paid attention to her exams. For the last one that was just administered she barely looked at the questions. By the time she realized it the exam time was almost over so she just circled any answer without looking at the questions. She was so screwed.

 
     Yesung opened the door to his office then closed it when she came inside. He had a hard time concentrating on his work. Catching Taeil and Jay together in his classroom had did it for him. There was just no way he could get any work done knowing that Taeil had such a close relationshop with Jay. It was so stupid, he knew they were just friends. It was so obvious that he had feelings for Aria not for Jay. But his jealousy was getting the better of him and it was literally impossible to think about anything except Jay.
 
     Jay looked around his office surprised that it was so bright. The walls were a pearly white with different paintings on the walls. His desk was near the back wall, away from the door. Two other chairs were in front of his desk and the floor although it was made of marble was covered by a rug. His work was scattered on his desk in no particular order and looked like a complete mess. Jay took a deep breath and turned to Yesung who was still standing by the door.
 
"What's happening with your grades, Jay?" He asked moving from the door to his messy desk.
 
     She noticed that the door didn't have any windows so no one could look inside. A knot in her stomach loosened a little. He looked down at the pile on his desk and picked out a couple of papers. He ed through them and nodded a bit gravely.
 
"You failed the last exam." He said coming around the desk and sitting on the edge of it. She bit her lip and looked to the side. She didn't think she had done that bad. "Your quiz grades are also very similar. Care to explain?"
 
"I...don't really know what to say." She whispered tugging on the sleeves of her jacket. It had gotten unbarebly hot. Akwardly she took  off her jacket and set it on one of the chairs in front of his desk.
 
"How about this. I'll tutor you again, until midterms." He said looking over her grades. When he tutored her in the hospital she had been very attentive and perceptive to the lessons. She caught on really quick and was able to ace all the quizs he administered. He didn't understand how she failed this exam and almost all her quizes this month. "We can meet after your classes to go over anything you don't understand."
 
"I have dance practice with Dae Dae for an upcoming competition." She said sitting down on the chair looking up at him. "I can't miss practice he'll be really upset." Even though they just had a fight she was going to apologize to him for reacting the way she did. The competition was really important to him and they only had a couple more weeks left. She couldn't let this get in the way of it but she had to make him understand that her hair was off limits.
 
"Dae Dae," He said the other male's name as if it was offensive. He sighed then took a deep breath setting her grades aside. "Ask him to make your practice a couple times of a week. To be honest, Jay, at this point the most important things are your grades. I know you love dancing but you need to concentrate on your studies too."
 
"I know." She replied curling a finger in her hair that was stll in her messy pony tail. He looked at it curiously, She wasn't the type to put her hair up in a pony tail, let alone a messy one. "But this is important to Dae Dae too. I'll figure something out with him so I can come to tutoring."
 
     There was silence in the room. It was obvious that he did not agree with her decision but he wasn't going to agrue. If that's what she wanted to do he wouldn't push her to do something otherwise. Now there was another matter he was going to press on.
 
"Taeil and you seem very....close." He said slowly while putting the papers back on his desk. She nodded not denying it. She was too engrossed in her own thoughts on how to work things out between her tutoring sessions and her dance practice.
 
"Oppa helps me out a lot. I really like him." She said while biting her lip still trying to figure things out. She had no idea how much jealousy she was inflicting on the man in front of her. Her mind suddenly came to a screeching hault when she realized what she had just said. She jumped up from her seat and shook her head vigously. "No! Umm...not...not like that!" She exclaimed coming beside Yesung. "I don't like Taeil Oppa like that! We're just friends. That's it. Friends."
 
"Friends."  Yesung repeated raising an eyebrow. A smile tugged on his lips. He had barely said a word about her relationship with Taeil but she had rushed to deny anything he might have been thinking. "That didn't seem like something just friends would do, Jay." He said his voice low a bit menacing. She looked down at the floor at a loss of what else to say to him so that he would believe that anything between her and Taeil was just like a brother and sister relationship.
 
"We are just friends. He's like an older brother to me. But that's it." She whispered.
 
"Hm." He murmered.
 
     He unfolded his hands from in front of his chest and wrapped on of them around her own. She looked up at him surprised that he was touching her considering the subject they were discussing. She hesitated responding to him. Someone could walk in on them, they could get in serious trouble if someone discovered them. But then again it was late, staff members were most likely already long gone. Plus there were no windows where people could see inside the office. There were only windows behind his desk that you could see the sky from. She took a deep breath and laced her fingers with his, her weak strength making him much more aware of how small and fragile she was.
 
"You're shaking." He whispered standing in front of her. She only nodded but didn't look at him. "Did I scare you?" She shook her head and he sighed. "You have to talk to me."
 
"I...." She swallowed. "I just don't know how to convince you that there's nothing between Taeil and I....and...." WIth her free hand she put it into her messy hair tugging on it slightly. How was she going to explain to him that she had feelings for him and that she was scared out of her mind that they would be discovered in here, like this, even though she was trying to convince herself that no one would come in?
 
"You're scared of something else then." He said reading her thoughts. "You can tell me, Jay."
 
     She sighed and gave him a distressed gaze. She leaned against his desk and decided to just go ahead and sit on top of it. She untangled her fingers from his hand and used them to balance herself at the edge of his desk. He planted his hands on either side of the desk not allowing her any means for escape, like he did in the classroom ealier.
 
"W-What are you doing?" She asked her voice breaking slightly.
 
"I'm not letting you out of here until you tell me what's wrong." He replied. He glanced up to her hair for about the fourth time since they were alone. It was really bothering him. She wouldn't put her hair up like that especially so messy. She bit her lip and avoided his eyes.
 
"Taeil and I are just brother and sister that's all." She repeated.
 
"You know that's not what I'm talking about." He said flatly then not being able to bear it any more he reached up to her hair  She flinched hard and he stayed his hand in mid air. "There's more your not telling me. Why are you so scared?" He asked his eyebrows knitting together. Something at his chest squeezed tight at her reaction. She hadn't done that around him, ever.
 
"It's nothing....Kim Gyunim its really nothing." She moved her body away from him and came further on top of his desk shuffling some papers back and making them fall on the floor.
 
"If its nothing why won't you tell me?" He grabbed one of her arms and jerked her forward back to him.
 
     She tried to get out of his grasp but he held on tight careful not to hurt her. He couldn't take this, they were getting nowhere. He could keep asking her the same question and he was sure she wouldn't answer his question. It was almost the same situation as this morning. She hadn't even dropped the honorifics until he had told her to. They hadn't had a proper conversation in a month and here she was completely avoiding him. It frustrated him that he didn't know what was bothering or what was going on in her life. At the moment all he was, was her professor and it was honestly tearing him apart. He didn't want to be just her teacher, he wanted more than that. He wanted to be apart of her life as her lover and not as her professor, why was that so hard to ask for? So he did the next best thing he could to express his feelings. Even though she was still struggling agianst his grip he pulled her all the way into his chest and kissed her. She immediatly stopped struggling. Her right arm was still in the air along with his but she didn't move. His arm was tightly wrapped around her small waist and he was using that to keep her against his chest. Since she didn't attempt to pull away from him he let go of her right arm and attempted to touch her hair. But that only resulted in her flinching away from him. She ducked her head and closed her eyes as if bracing herself.
 
"What happened...to you?" He whispered and all she did was shake her head. The memories of her father were still fresh in her mind after Daehyun had tried to touch her hair without her permission.
 
"I told him not to." She said her voice shaking. "I told him not to touch it. Why couldn't he just listen to me?" She said feeling like a complete fool for making Yesung so worried about her. None of this was his fault so she couldn't punish him for it. "And I'm just so scared...." She lifted up her head to look him in the eye. She was still shaking. "I'm scared someone is going to come in here and see us like this. But then sometimes I just don't care because I like you so much that it doesn't matter if someone sees us. But then...." She took a deep breath. "Then I get scared again when all I want to do is be with you and its just so hard to work up the courage to do it."
 
     Had he heard her right? Did she just say that she liked him? But this really wasn't the time to second guess his hearing. There was a lot of turmoil in her eyes. She was so scared and he only knew one reason. She had just told him. But then what was the second? Carefully he put his hand on the nap of her neck and slowly let his fingers touch the small whisps of hair that were stubbornly sticking out of her pony tail and she flinched again.
 
"Someone touched your hair without your permission." He said in a hushed tone. "Who was it?"
 
"Daehyun." She blutered out without a shred of hesitation. His fingers twitched slightly but he kept himself calm.
 
"Is there a reason why you won't let others touch it?"
 
"Only you and Aria can."
 
"Why?"
 
     She shook her head. She wasn't going to answer that. She hadn't told anyone about it or about her name and she wasn't about to start now not even for the guy she liked. He sighed taking the hint that se wasn't going to talk about it.
 
"Then at least let me fix it for you." He said. She nodded slightly and he was finally able to take the scruchie out of her hair. "It got longer." He noted watching as her dark locks of her touched her shoulders. Once it settled he used his fingers to smooth it out then patted down the stubborn hairs. Carefully he tucked the hair behind her ears then he kissed her again. He held her face between his big hands and placed a sweet kiss on her soft lips. She placed her hands on top of his own. He pulled away  to look in her eyes but she had her own closed. She felt a lot safer from her own memories right now. "Jay," He called out his tone still low.
 
"Hm?" She asked cracking her eyes open.
 
"I like you as well." He said a small smile gracing his lips. She let her gaze fall and felt the heat flood to her face. "So from now on don't hide things from me." He used his thumb to rub circles in her silken skin. "I want to know everything about you. What's bothering you, what makes you happy, what makes you sad."
 
"Me too." She responded quickly before he had a chance to move onto what else he wanted to say. "You can't hid anything from me either," She bit her lip "J-Jong Woon-ah"  If they were going to be together she would have to get used to calling him by his given name not as her professor. Although she was really timid about it she wanted to at least try getting used to saying his name. "...you have to promise you won't hide anything from me either." She said as if she was speaking a secret. He felt the temperature of her cheecks rise when she said his name. His own heartbeat seemed to speed up when he heard his name leave her lips. She didn't say it often and he hoped that from now on she would say it more often.
 
"I promise." He said nodding.
 
"Then I will-" She glanced to the side and saw that he had on a wrist watch. She removed her hands from his and he pulled his hands away from her face. She looked at the time and almost screamed. "Oh my gosh its been an hour! Ary is going to kill me!!" She exclaimed jumping off of the desk getting her jacket. "I'm sorry. But I-I have to go." She stuttered as she tried to zip up her jacket. He came over to her then kneeled down. Swatting her hands away he zipped it up for her.
 
"I'll call you later tonight." He said with a small smile. He stood up and placed a kiss on her forehead. She closed her eyes and he patted her head lightly. Before leaving she gave him a bear hug and didn't want to let go but knew she had to.
 
On her way back outside she felt as if nothing could go wrong. Yesung kissing and confessing to her was the highlight of her day.  She was so happy she was skipping back out to Aria and Taeil. But things did go wrong. When she got back outside Aria had passed out. Jay was near having an attack scared that something was terribly wrong with her best friend. Taeil had her calm down and he carried Aria back to their dorm. Jay went into her room and took her inhaler then went back into the living room to try and help Taeil take care of Aria. Sadly all she could do was change her into her sleep clothes. Taeil had her go back to her room to rest knowing full well she was in no condition to take care of Aria.
 
She say on her bed feeling terrible both emotionally and physically. Panicking like that back there had her on edge and her inhaler although effective always left her shaking, it was a side effect that she hated with a passion. She wished she could do more. She wished she could have been calmer so she could take care of Aria. Her heart started to race again and she held her chest taking another two puffs from her inhaler. She laid down and closed her eyes.
 
'Calm down!' She shouted to herself. 'You can't freak out anymore. It won't help Aria so calm down!'
 
        Her hands shook even worse. She was calm but that didn't make the side effects of her medication go away. With a sigh she picked up her phone that she had left on her night stand. She unlocked it and tapped the screen lightly. Quickly she put the phone to her ear and listened intently as it rang.
 
"Yubuseyo? Jay?" Came Yesung's familiar voice through the reciver. She sighed in relief that he answered and her hands calming a bit.
 
"J-Jong Woon-ah...." She whispered sniffling a bit.
 
     Yesung had been reading over some material for his classes tomorrow. As soon as he was done he was going to call her but apparently she couldn't wait. Answering the phone he had expected her voice to be light and cheerful. But hearing her sigh and stutter is name told him something was a miss.
 
"What's wrong?" He asked his voice panicked.
 
"Ary...Ary won't wake up." She said grabbing her stuffed animal and holding it to her chest. "I came back and she was passed out on the floor. Taeil Oppa said she wasn't sleepy before but that she all of a sudden just laid down after talking with Woohyun and she...hasn't woken up."
 
"Jay breath." He said hearing her shortness of breath with each word she spoke. "Did you take you're medicine?"  He literally dropped what he was doing on his desk and stood up pacing his apartment.
 
"Yes," She replied weakly burying her head in her stuffed animal.
 
"Why don't you take a little more. Just to help you relax." He suggested. She shook her head into the stuffed animal breathing in and out slowly.
 

"I've taken it twice already. It makes me shaky and I don't like it. I can't hold the phone properly right now because of it." She took a couple more deep breaths. He sighed on the other line.

 
"Taeil is with Aria right? Don't worry about her she'll be just fine." He said imaginning just how worried his friend would be about that girl. He swore it was like they were already dating. He was sure Aria would be fine. Taeil was smart, if she didn't wake up he would take her to the hospital no questions asked. "What I'm really worried about is you, Jay." He whispered wishing he was right there with her. "If you don't stay calm you might have another attack. You don't need that." His voice was soft, low and she could hear some vulnurability in it.
 
"Can I ask you something?"
 
"Anything." He said without a moment to think.
 
"Could you sing for me? I-It..." Unconciously her cheeks started to burn. "Y-Your voice....h-helps me calm down."
 
"Which sone would you like?" He asked a smile gracing his lips. At least she sounded better.
 
"The one from the hospital..." She said her voice trailing off a bit as she settled underneath the covers.
 
"Ah, Gray Paper." He nodded his head in understanding. "You really like that song don't you?"
 
"Ne,"  She whispered in respone.
 
     His smile grew with her straight forward answer. He liked that about her. She was very frank with others even though it cost her so much to say what was on her mind. He started humming the sad melody into the phone's reciever just to get the tune down. Once he was sure he remembered it he began to sing to her. While he sang his mind was running twenty miles per hour. He wanted to know what exactly happened to Aria. She was so healthy and full of energy that if she suddenly passed out it really was a cause for alarm. But he didn't need that stress on Jay. It really did catch him off guard when she spoke and her words were clipped because of lack of oxygen. She was a dance major yet her condition wasn't the best. He had been meaning to ask her why she continued to pursue a major that was nearly life threatening. It made him sick with worry that if during her classes she would have an attack because she had been doing too much movement that applied stress on her heart. In the deepest recesses of his mind he wanted to ask her to quit. But he knew if he said that there was no way she would take it laying down. It didn't matter who would tell her that, Yesung knew it wouldn't be the smartest idea to tell Jay to quit her passion.
 
      Mid way into the song he heard her soft breathing. It was relaxed and it was obvious she had fallen asleep. For a few minutes he didn't hang up. It was a relief to hear her breathing easy now. His eyes glanced to his messy desk of papers and he spotted her hospital release forms, the copy the doctor gave to him to keep.
 
"Sweet dreams, Jae Hwa." He breathed quietly. Hanging up the phone he stared down at the papers and her real name. Secrets was one thing his lover was full of, secrets he would give the world to find out.
 
     The next morning Yesung awake to the sound of his alarm going off. He jumped off the couch and grabbed the phone that had been resting on the coffee table. Rubbing his eyes he looked at the time then let out a groan. It was time to start getting himself together. He had spent most of the night looking ut of his window in the living room. His thoughts had kept him awake and he was sure he had only fallen asleep three hours ago.
 
     He got ready for work and stuffed all the papers on his desk into his suit case. As messy as he was about work he surprisingly knew exactly where every single thing was. Although he was forgetful sometimes it was easy for him to retrace his steps to where he left something. Opening his car from the living room he locked his apartment and headed down stairs. Whilie it warmed up he checked his text messeges to see if Jay had left him anything. He wanted to know if she was breathing alright and how was Aria. He sighed and drove out of his parking and into the street Jay still on his mind. On the other seat his phone lit up letting him now there was a messege for him.  He grabbed he phone and looked at the messege. He frowned seeing it was just Taeil but none the less he opened the messege.
 
Taeil: Jay probably already told you but Aria passed out last night. She's alright now. So is Jay  They're both sleeping late.
 
Yesung: What happened between Jay and Jung Daehyun?
 
     There was a lot of thing he didn't know about Jay. One was her relationship with Daehyun and why he had made her so scared. If he asked Jay he knew she wouldn't say anything about it. Asking Daehyun was out of the question, it would rasie suspiscion in the kid concerning his own relationship with Jay. It took a while for Taeil ro repsond backk. By the time he was at the school parking lot he had just recieved his text.
 
Taeil: .....I'm not exactly sure.
 
Yesung: You can't lie even texting
 
Taeil: >.> I'm worried Jay doesnt want to tell you. If she hasn't told you then she must have a reason. The chick tells you EVERYTHING
 
     Yesung smiled slightly as the comment.
 
Yesung: I have a class to teach
 
     He shut his phone off before Taeil got a chance to write him back. He got to his first lecture of the day earlier than most students as usual. He already knew that Jay wasn't going to be in until later but that didn't make him wish she was in her seat none the less. A few more students came inside until the lecture hall was mostly full save for Taeil, Aria, and Jay's seats. Yesung started his lesson going into a review of their lesson from last week. He gave them someting to work on for about ten minutes while he looked down at his lesson plan to see what was next. Haf an hour into the lesson Taeil walked in with Aria and Jay. A couple eyes shifted to them but went right back to work. Yesung lifted his head from his lesson book and they immediatly settled on Jay. She looked up and smiled slightly a blush staining her cheeks.She had on a collared shirt with a yellow sweater over it that fit snuggly on her body. Her hair was up in a circular bun a hair pin shaped like a rose sticking out from the side. She had put on a pair of stud earrings and a a silver chain with a light blue gem hanging from it. She looked so chic yet adorable because she had a baby face. He couldn't help but smile and in his mind thought she looked great.
 
     He continued his lesson stopping every now and then to make sure everyone understood what he was teaching. The class ended and he made sure to remind all of his students to do the homework he had been assigning as well as to do their hours in the lab. They all gave a resounding yes before leaving the lecture hall.Taeil waved at Yesung and he nodded back. Aria bowed to him then followed Taeil out of the classroom. There was something different about her. She wasn't as bright and cheerful as she usually was. She didn't really participate in class either. She looked closed off and almost scared.
 
"Jong Woon-ah..." Jay said timidly. He moved his focus from Aria who had already left to the girl in front of him.
 
"You look nice today, Jay." He complimented while coming around his desk. He sat on the edge of it right beside her. He hadn't paid attention to what she wore on the bottom but now that she was in full view he saw that she had on a pleated mini skirt with black tights and ballerina shoes. Her bag wasn't really a bag at all. It was shaped like a tube, a bag where you could hold a yoga or excersise mat in. It fit her outfit really well.
 
"T-thank you..." She mummbled biting her lip and looking to the side of her eye. He glanced over at the door to make sure it was shut. Then he pulled her arm so she stumbled to him. Slowly he encircled her waist in his arms pushing her up against his body. She let out a small yelp at the sudden movement but relaxed when she felt him hugging her tightly. His nose was buried in her hair and she was thankful she had washed and blowdried it this morning.
 
"How did you sleep? Are you feeling alright?" He asked is voice low, barely above a whisper. She encircled her arms around his torso holding him just as tightly as he held her.
 
"I did. I feel a lot better too. What about you? I know I must have worried you and you might have been busy." She said softly. He pulled away and looked down at her big light brown eyes.
 
"I didn't sleep much." He confessed caressing her cheek. "But I'll be alright don't worry."
 
"Were you really busy?" She asked her eyes growing sad.
 
"No. Just had a lot on my mind." He replied. "Don't blame yourself because it isn't your fault. After you feel asleep I just had somethings to think about. I'm alright." He leaned down and brushed his lips aaginst hers. She closed her eyes enjoying the sensation that his one kiss brought to her. It made her heart race with anticipation and also made her giddy with happinese. He was kissing her and she let him and it felt so right. "I'm fine."
 
"You promised not to keep any secrets from me remember?" She reminded putting her hands on his chest and leaning in to give him a peck as well. Sure she was embaressed but that wasn't going to stop her from showing her affection for him. His grip tightened on her waist.
 
"You have a couple things your keeping from me too." He said. Instantly her back went rigid when those words left his mouth. "Things like your hair," He smoothed back down a small whisp of heir that was beginning to stick out on the top of her head. "And," His finger travled to storking her bottom lip. "And your name."
 
"Jong Woon....please don't." She pleaded while close her eyes. She shook her head trying to get him to stop.
 
"I won't ask." He replied kissing her forehead. "I can wait until you're ready to tell me." He hugged her again. "But don't make me wait forever Jay."
 
"I won't. Just....just not now Jong Woon....not now." She said. He could hear her voice shaking and decided it was time to drop the topic.
 
     Just as he was going to say something his classroom door started to shake. He looked up and glared at the door as someone pounded on it relentessly. He had a good idea of who it was and had no intention of opening it to let him inside. Jay jumped hearing the consistent knocking and snuggled her face into Yesung's chest.
 
"Is he bothering you again?" Yesung asked his glare not wavering. Jay sighed.
 
"I have to apologize to him." She said. "I might have over reacted and hurt his feelings."
 
"You didn't overreact." He stated firmly. "If he did what you told him not to then you have all right to be upset with him. Its your presonal prefrence and if he can't respect that then we're going to have an issue." He said meancingly. Jay looked up at him and shook her head.
 
"Jong Woon no. Its ok I'll deal with him." She reassured detangling herself from his arms. He held onto one of her wrists.
 
"If he doesn't do what you ask I'm going to deal with him my own way, Jay." She placed a hand on the one he was holding her wrist with. She massaged his hand until his fingers relaxed then she took her arm back.
 
"I don't want him finding out about us. Please just let me handle this." She said but he didn't answer her back. "Jong Woon promise that you'll leave this up to me." He exhaled slowly.
 
"I'm not going to promise you anything this time." He replied seriously.
 
     She didn't say anything else to him. It was obvious there was no arguing in this matter. She opened the door and found Daehyun standing on the other side ready to knock again. She avoided eye contact with him and closed the door immediatly so he wouldn't see who she had been with. She leaned on the door and stared at him.
 
"What?" She said more impatiently than she wanted. Daehyun's eyes hadn't left the door.
 
"Who was that?" He asked his eyebrows knotted in confsuion.
 
"None of your buisness." She replied. He gave her a surprised look. She wasn't usually this snappy. But then he could understand why she was being like this. "If you're not going to say anythin I'm going to class."
 
     She get off of the door and started walking down the hall. She wanted to apologize because she knew just how important this competition was to him. But it was really hard for her since what she was apologizing for wasn't even her fault. If he had just listened to her and not touchd her hair then they wouldn't be in this problem. Now to add to the fact that she had told Jong Woon and he wasn't going to take the matter laying down only made things that much more worse. She needed to put this whole issue to rest sooner rather than later. She was speed walking across campus half because it was freezing and half because Daehyun was on her tail. She reached inside of the Performing Arts building and had just made it to the lobby when Daehyun caught up to her. He grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him.
 
"Didn't you hear me asking you to wait?!" He asked huffing. The girl walked quickly. It took him a while to actually see where she had gone.
 
"Let go!" She said harshly slapping his hand away.
 
     She stared down at him still angry. Daehyun glanced around to make sure no one else was there but failed to notice Woohyun coming down the steps. He had just finished his singing lesson with a private instructor. He didn't come out of the staircase when he saw Jay. He looked to see if Aria was there but when he found she wasn't he was about to leave when he over heard Jay shouting. The girl rarely raised her voice so he decided to stick around and see what exactly was going on.
 
"Just listen to me ok?" Daehyun asked standing up right. Jay didn't say anything. "I'm sorry." He apologized.
 
"For what?" Jay spat still upset. This had happened before, maybe not the same reason but the similar apology. Aria had apologized to her last time when she didn't even know why Jay had been upset. But Daehyun should know, she wasn't letting him off the hook until he told her why.
 
"For touching your hair." He said his head down. From the staircase Woohyun raised an eyebrow.
 
'Her hair? Why would he apologize for touching her hair?'
 
"I was only thinking about the routine and winning this competition. I know you told me about it but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Taeil..he asked me if I had seen you before...and...Jay did you cry?" He asked looking up at her. She didn't say anything. He watched as her big brown eyes closed not wanting him to see the truth. But he already knew that she had cried, it was so obvious when she had left the practice room and her eyes were red.
 
'She cried over that?' Woohyun asked himself rolling his eyes.
 
"I'm so sorry." Daehyun repeated coming close to her and holding her shoulders. "I didn't know you would freak so badly. I didn't know you would cry. I'm really sorry and I promise I won't do it again. So please don't be upset with me..." He bit his lip. "I'm sorry I made you cry. I'm sorry, Jay." She had no idea just how sorry he was. He really liked her and to know that he was the reason she had cried tormented him.
 
"Alright." She replied taking his hands off of her shoulders. "I forgive you. But you can't do it again." She warned but her voice was softer than before. "And remember we're going out later with Taeil ok?" She said as an end note just to lift the heavy atmosphere. He smiled sadly.
 
"I didn't forget." He replied.
 
     Jay pressed a button and the elevator door open. Both of them went inside to go up to their dance lesson. Woohyun came out of the staircase a wicked smile on his face. He wanted to try something out. If this was as serious as it looked then he had the perfect method to make Aria stay with him. Jay was already an asthmatic and if she was as paniced as it looked about her hair then it could trigger her breathing patterns. He was so glad he had decided to take the stairs.
 
     After their dance class Daehyun had decided to skip their dance practice for the day. As a way to continue his apology. She had been asking him for a break anyways so this was the perfect time. They told each other good bye and that they would meet in front of the girls dorm to go out. On her way back to her room Jay ran into Woohyun. She looked at him and was going to completely ignore him but he went out of his way to say hello.
 
"Oh hi Jay!" He said getting off the wall he had been leaning on. Jay gave him a fleeting glance.
 
"Hi Woohyun." She mummbled and was about to dart off when he got in her way. She stepped back and stared up at him. "Do you mind?"
 
"I just wanted to see something." He replied with a sheepish grin. "Is Aria around?"
 
"I don't know she's always with you isn't she?" She replied back hotly. To tell the truth she was hoping Aria was already in her dorm so that they could go out to eat with Taeil and Daehyun.
 
"No not today. She might be avoiding me. Do you think you know why? Like did she mention anything?" He asked coming closer. She stepped back again.
 
"Could you back up?" She asked annoyed. "And no she hasn't told me anything. There something I should know?" She tried to side step him but again he got in her way. "What the hell Woohyun! Move!"
 
"No there really isn't anything you shold know..." He trailed off looking at the top of her head. He reached his hand out ready to pat her on the head but she moved away quickly. She tripped over her own feet and almost fell down. He held her up by her arm. "You alright?" He asked in fake concern.
 
"Don't touch m-my hair!" She shouted jerking her hand free from him.
 
"Sorry! I didn't know you didn't like people touching it. I won't do it again alright?" He said tyring his best to hide the smile that wanted to creep up on his face.
 
"Yeah...umm..I gotta go." She said in a hushed tone hurrying to the elevator that had just opened.
 
     When she had disappeared behind the doors Woohyun smiled bigger than ever. As she rode the elevator to the fourth floor Jay's heart was racing. She wanted to know what the heck was up with Woohyun. He never touched her, or even spoke to her for that matter. There was no way he didn't catch on that she did not like him. So why was he being so familiar with her today? It was kind of creepy. Putting those thoughts out of her head she went inside her dorm room to find Aria watching t.v on the couch.
 
"Ary!" Jay exclaimed happily while jumping on the couch.
 
"Whao there!" Aria said balancing a glass of water in her hand. "What's up Jay? You look really happy? Something good happen?" Aria asked smiling at her friend. Jay nodded.
 
"Yeah! But I'll tell you later! Get dressed!" Jay said while pulling her off the couch. Aria put her glass of water down before she spilled it.
 
"Why?" Aria asked standing up.
 
"I'm going out to eat with Daehyun and Taeil. Come with me! I don't want to go alone."
 
"Who's Daehyun?" She asked while going to her room to find something to wear. All Jay had to say was Taeil and she would most definatly be going
 
"He's my friend. We have dance classes together. I've been practicing with him for the competition." Jay said while waiting for Aria to pick out cloths.
 
     Aria hummed to tell Jay that she was listening. She opted to put on a little black dress that reached to her thights. The bodice of the dress was made of lace. Then she put on some red tights with a simple red cropped cardigen. She looked herself in the mirror and nodded happy with her choice. While Jay continued to talk she put a white headband in her straight hair. She wished her hair wasn't so straight though, she liked it curly and she knew the headband would look even cuter in her sausge like curls. But she really couldn't do anything about it. Jay stayed in what she had on because she didn't feel like changing. Once Aria was done dressing together they made their way down to the dorm lobby. On there way there Woohyun was on his way up to his room. He did a double take on his girlfriend who was now wearing a very cute,very y outfit.
 
"Princess?" He called out to her. Aria turned and saw him standing by the elevators her and Jay needed to take. "You look really y. Got a date?" He asked playfully with a hard edge to his voice.
 
"Jay," Aria whispered to her friend.. "Do you mind going down first? I'll meet back up with you soon."
 
     Jay nodded and pressed the button to get an elevatory going down. She glanced at Woohyun and Aria before going into the elevator a feeling of worry consuming her. She didn't think it had ben a good idea to leave them alone. Altough she did it anyways. A couple minute later Aria came down smiling like usual. Jay waved at her to make sure she knew where she was.  They stayed together until Jay saw Daehyn jogging up to them.
 
"Dae Dae!" Jay exclaimed happily going to him and giving him a big hug. Daehyun's cheeks turned red but he hugged her back. Aria watched this and frowned a llittle. "Aria this is Daehyun!" Jay introduced seperating from Daehyun who wished she had stayed in his arms.
 
"Nice to meet you." Aria said bowing her head. Daehyun bowed as well.
 
"You too." he replied smiling wide. Aria glanced between him and Jay.
 
'This could be a problem.' She said to herself thinking about how much Jay said she like Yesung. But she didn't say anything about it.
 
     They met up with Taeil at the side entrance of the campus. Taeil pulled up his car near the side walk and they all climbed in. Taeil glanced back at Daehyun his expression far from pleasent. But when Aria got in the car all his attention shifted to her and her red and black outfit. The dress hugged her curves making them more prominante. He swalled as his mouth went dry. Why was she so stunning?
 
"Hi Taeil," She said flirtaciously. He swallowed a couple of times before answering.
 
"I...I didn't know you were coming." He said honestly while his eyes raking up and down her body. "You look amazing..." He said averting his eyes and biting his lips.
 
"Thanks." She smiled timidly.
 
     She got into the passanger seat while Daehyun and Jay sat in the back. It took them an hour to drive to the restaurant that Taeil wanted to take them. Jay recognized the route, it was the same one that Yesung had taken to get to the restaurant when she had been in the hospital. Taeil had driven them to the same quiant little restaurnt. Jay smiled to herself remembering the small date. She hoped that they could go out like that agian one day. They got out of the car and made their way into the restaurant. They were seated near the back and were brought menu's to start to order. Once they ordered their food they started talking about nothing in particular. Taeil seemed to be completely engrossed in Aria who had been giggling through the night. Daehyun stole glances at Jay every now and then blushing when she directed a questiong at him.
 
"So Jay had did it go?" Aria asked Jay taking a sip of her drink that was brought. Jay looked up from her smoothie and cocked her head to the side.
 
"What did what go?" She asked innocently not understanding what they were talking about.
 
"That's really pink, Jay. Let me try it." Daehyun said swiping her drink from her.
 
"Hey! Dae Dae!" She exclaimed cutely. He winked at her and took a sip of her drink. His face scrunched up as if he had just on some lemons. Jay laughed. "That's what you get!" She said taking back her drink.
 
"Jeez Jay! That's a drink full of diabetes!" Daehyun protested drinking some of his water. Jay stuck out her tongue.
 
"Well no one told you to drink my stuff!" She replied.
 
"Earth to Jay!" Aria intreputed waving her hand in front of her best friend's face. Jay looked up at her and smiled cutely.
 
"Oh sorry Aria what was that?" She asked drinking her smoothie.
 
"How did it go with Yesung last night? You never told me." Aria said. She winced a little and held her torso trying not to let anyone notice.Taeil loooked at her seeing her discomfort. He brushed his hand over her knee slightly. She glanced over at him and tried to smile but the pain in her side wouldn't let her. He placed his hand on her thigh and squeezed it a little. She put her hand over his and squeezed it too before turning her atention back to Jay. Taeil's worried gaze remained fixed on Aria until Jay started to speak again.
 
"Oh...ummm...." Jay stuttered her face beginning to burn up. Daehyun furrowed his eyes in question.
 
"Who's Yesung?" He asked. But no one answered him.
 
"Come on Jay. How did it go?" Aria persisted a wide smile spreading across her lips.
 
"Uh.well....we....we kissed." Jay replied under her breath not being able to look at them. "Jong Woon and I....we're.....we're dating now." She confessed.
 
"Jong Woon?" The only other person with that name was the Language Arts professor that everyone loved. "You're dating that Korean teacher?!" He said incrediously not being able to believe what he had just heard. The girl he had been crushing on for months was dating a teacher.