The Moment

Spectrum

 

Prompt: The exact moment of a change from season to season in nature.

 

       I take a small sip of my cola, listening to the popping of the bubbles and the low squeak of my gulp. Breathing out with content, a light smile alights my lips as a thin cloud of white escapes from between them and fades into the brisk air.

       I pull my empty hand out of my jean pocket where it's been digging, and slowly touch my fingertips together, feeling the coolness as contact is broken. I lift my arm up to the moon, squinting a little. My fingers stretch out and I tilt my head, observing the silhouette of the oddly-shaped structure I call my hand.

       My eyes focus on the tip of my longest finger, observing every detail as they trail down to the middle of the short length. I bend my fingers a little, watching the small joint. Then my eyes continue down, down to the knuckle and down to the back of the hand. Finally, to the wrist.

       I hear an imaginary ticking of the clock as the digital numbers of my watch become clear in my vision. I whisper to myself, ignoring the visible small puffs of breath, 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

       0.

       All the numbers on the display change at once into a 00:00:00. The wind seems to blow a little harder. The air seems to feel a little colder. The moon seems to shine a little brighter.

       And the world seems to be a little more beautiful.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's Note:
Honestly, I really don't like
this piece of writing.
But I hope you enjoy it anyway! Thanks!