Mission: Accomplished or Not?

The Promised Dream

"Hyung!" Minho ran to Onew with Amber in the hallway. "Are you going to walk Luna home today? If you do, then this is the perfect time to ask her out."

"Yeah, Jinki, you should." Amber agreed.

"But I'm not ready yet! We just talked about our plan yesterday! I can't do it today!" Onew hesitated.

"You are so stupid, hyung." Minho put his palm on his forehead. "Do it today. Amber and I are going to hide and follow you."

"Hey! That's actually a good idea. We should have walkie talkies too. It's gonna be my mission today to ask her out." Onew suggested.

 

School was finally over for the day. Onew was waiting for Luna outside the school. He fixed his ear piece and his mic, hidden inside his shirt. He, Minho, and Amber decided to go with his walkie talkie plan. They were going to guide Onew.

"I can't see you guys. Where are you?" Onew couldn't find Minho and Amber.

"You're not supposed to see us!" Minho said, annoyingly. "But we're just here, hiding behind the bus waiting area."

"Oh, okay... She's coming!" Onew adjusted his ear piece once again.

"Ah, Jinki. You were outside all this time? I thought you were inside." Luna said.

"Uhhh, no. I... I was waiting for you. Errr... I mean, I wanted to ride the bus again and the subway." Onew said nervously.

"You seem kinda nervous about something. Is there something wrong? You can tell me about it, if you want."

"No, it's okay. Everything's okay. Let's go ride the bus."

The two of them walked to the waiting area of the bus. Minho and Amber, who were panicking for a second because they were hiding at that area, ran next to a tree. They were wearing caps and their hoods were over it. They were also wearing pairs of huge sunglasses. Amber held a fan, which was strange, but it was for hiding her face. Minho held a newspaper just in case he needs something to cover his face with. A moment later, the bus finally came. Onew and Luna went in, followed by Minho and Amber. 

Onew and Luna sat at the very back of the bus, again. It was quiet, calm, and peaceful. Everyone else were at the front of the bus and they were the only ones at the back. A few minutes later, Minho's voice came out of Onew's ear piece.

"Yah. We're here sitting at the front. Ask her now. Hurry."

Onew thought it was the right time to ask her, too. He became very quiet for a few minutes, thinking about the words he'd say to her. He finally started talking.

"Luna," he said.

"Yeah?"

"Do... do you-"

"Do what?"

"Do... do you want to go o-" The bus suddenly stopped when he was finally saying what he was supposed to say.

Ugghhh... Damn it. Why does the bus have to stop at this time? He thought.

They got down from the bus, still followed by Minho and Amber. They went down the stairs of the subway station and bought their tickets. They stood and waited for the subway train.

"Hey, don't you think those two people are really strange?" Luna's head turned to Minho and Amber. She didn't recognize them.

"Uhh... Y... Yeah, they're weird, so just don't mind them." He laughed nervously.

Minho and Amber heard what Luna said from Onew's mic. They panicked a little, again, and hid their faces with the fan and the newspaper.

The subway train finally appeared in front of them. They let the people out first, and they went inside. The subway train wasn't as crowded as before, so there were a lot of seats available. Onew and Luna sat down comfortably. Minho and Amber tried not to sit across them, so they sat a little bit far away from them.

Minho's voice started coming out of Onew's ear piece again.

"Ask her now. It's the perfect time."

Onew was silent for a few minutes again. He then cleared his throat.

"Uhhmm... Luna?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Do you want to g-..." At this very moment, Luna's phone rang and she answered it.

It was Dong Woon, who had called Luna. They chatted for a few minutes and she hung up.

"That was Dong Woon, am I right?" Onew asked. He was irriated, but he wasn't showing it.

"Yeah, sorry about that phone call. It was Dong Woon sunbae. He told me to meet him tomorrow at the school's garden. He said that he's going to tell me something."

"Well, geez. I wonder what THAT is. I'm sure he's gonna ask you out tomorrow." Onew murmurmed to himself.

"Huh? What did you say?"

"Nothing. Hahahaha."

"So what were you saying?"

Luna looked at Onew with sparkling eyes. He was silent for a few seconds and finally started talking.

"Do you want to go out..."

"Oh... We're gonna go out of the subway train soon. Just wait a little bit. We can't go out of the subway train right now."

"I mean, do you want to go out with..." The subway train stopped at its destination. Onew didn't get a chance to continue his sentence because they had to go out of the subway train immedietly.

Uggghh... Why is it so hard? Could it be that fate doesn't want us together? She doesn't even get me when I asked her 'do you want to go out'. He thought.

When they got off the subway train, Luna had to leave him. She remembered what her mother had ordered her to do. She had to deliver some vegetables to a restaurant near their home.

"See you tomorrow, Jinki. Have a good evening." She smiled and waved at him.

He waved back, but he looked a little gloomy. Luna started walking farther and farther. Onew was still looking at her from a distance. Suddenly, Minho and Amber appeared behind Onew.

"Hyung, that's okay. You'll have a chance tomorrow." Minho patted Onew's back.

"Yeah. You've got a lot of chances tomorrow. You can do it. Fighting!" Amber encouraged him, but it was no use. He still looked gloomy.

"What if fate doesn't want us together?" He asked them.

"Don't say that. Tomorrow will be better. I just know it." Minho said.

 

Meanwhile, Luna was walking towards her house to get the vegetables. She thought that Onew was acting even stranger that day than before.

Hhhmmm... I wonder what's wrong. I can tell he's bothered by something. I should ask him about his problems tomorrow. I can help him out or comfort him.

 

The next morning, Onew had spotted Luna and walked with her at the campus.

"Are you still going to meet up with Dong Woon?" He asked.

"Yeah, after school... I wish you and I are in the same grade, so we can be in the same classes."

"That's right. Class starts in..." He looked at his watch. "... in three minutes?! I gotta run! See you later!"

He ran inside the school building, still thinking about Luna. He was planning to stop Dong Woon from asking her out by distracting them when they're at the garden.

 

After school, Onew ran quickly to the garden. On his way, there were people talking to him, and he just really had to stop for a second. He ran as quickly as he could to the garden.

He finally arrived, only to find Luna and Dong Woon standing across each other. He didn't know what to do. He just stood there and froze. Dong Woon started talking to Luna.

"Would you go out with me Luna?" Dong Woon pleadingly said with a smile.

Luna's eyes widened and like Onew, she froze.

Onew was still standing there in sadness.

No... No... It's all over. This can't be happening. No... I can't let this happen.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I haven't written a chapter of this for like three weeks, I think. Sorry about that. School started about three weeks ago, and I was busy and tired. It's finally Friday today. Enjoy your Friday. =) And I hope you like the new chapter (I know it's kinda sad and all, but I hope you like it). ^^ Also, thanks to those people who comment on this fanfic.

-azn_nuABO14