Opportunities

The Promised Dream

"I cannot believe that an ahjusshi is inviting us to attend his school for free," Amber said, amazed.

Amber became Luna's best friend when Luna moved to Seoul 6 years ago. Amber, too, is a good singer and joins amateur singing contests with Luna to win some extra cash, and sometimes, some meat and a sack of rice. She is a boyish young girl, but she has a pure heart and she is a very loyal friend. They just came from a contest and both got a scholarship to attend Heemang Music High School.

"I'm very thankful for that offer and I know that I shouldn't talk like this, but what if people at that school look down at us 'cause we're -..." Luna paused for a while and looked down.

Amber continued her sentence. "'Cause we're not rich like them? Who cares? At least we know that we sing good. Who knows? Those people might not even sing good. So don't worry about anything like that and let's just accept the scholarship."

 

It was about 6:00 PM and the two were getting hungry, so they decided to stop at Song's Authentic Chinese Restaurant.

When they opened the door of the restaurant, Victoria, who was a college student and the daughter of the owner of the restaurant, hurried to the door and greeted them. The restaurant was empty and didn't have costumers at that time.

"So, did you guys win the grand price for the contest?!" said Victoria, excitedly anticipating for the answer with a big smile on her face.

"Nope," Amber said, disappointed.

"But we DID get a scholarship at Heemang Music High School," Luna added.

"Really? That's great! But why are you guys so gloomy? You guys should be happy that you even got a scholarship. Oh... I know how to cheer you up."

The two girls were confused and looked at each other. Victoria came back after 5 minutes and prepared their favorite wonton soup.

"Since you guys got a scholarship for that school, I'll treat you with this wonton soup I personally made. We should celebrate, you guys."

They forgot about all their worries and just started eating because they had such a long day. Well, at least Amber forgot about all her worries.

"Unnie, this wonton soup is so delicious! Thank you so much for making it especially for us." Luna said, pretending not to be worried about the school.

 

When Luna got home, her parents were already aware about her scholarship for Heemang Music High School, and were looking at the brochure of the school.

"Aigoo~. Our daughter is such a good singer! Yah! Sunyoung! You're going to start going to Heemang after summer!" Her mother shouted.

"Actually, eomma, appa, I'm still thinking about it," said Luna, sitting on the floor next to her parents.

"Ah... This kid! Why are you even thinking twice about this kind of opportunity?! Just take it!"

"De~. I'm very sleepy now, so I'll go to sleep. I've had such a long day. Good night."

Luna just agreed because she just wanted to end the conversation she was having with her parents. Wether she wants to go to Heemang or not, she still has to go. So there was no point of arguing about it with her parents.

Luna was just staring at the ceiling, under her warm blanket. The lights were off, but she still wasn't asleep. She stood up and reached for her jewelry box on her desk. She opened it and took out a star necklace. It was that necklace that Onew had given her when they were little. She went back to her bed and she just stared at the necklace for a few minutes.

I should take this opportunity, right, Jinki? I'm still looking forward to our dream. I should... really... take-...

The thoughts inside her mind disappeared as she fell asleep with the necklace locked inside her hands.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello, everyone~ Well, this is the first chapter. Onew doesn't appear on this chapter yet. I am very sorry about that. OTL  I hope you guys like the first chapter even if it's not really good. Thank you for reading it and thanks subscribing. ^^ I really appreciate it.

-azn_nuABO14