NINE

Weak Point

http://miriyummy.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/line-divider.jpg

Minhye woke with a start and as her groggy eyes focused she felt someone’s arms wrapped around her keeping her from getting up. Unable to get up she took up the chance to look at her surroundings. She was in a room light from outside barely sprinkling in from the cracks of the curtain. It was fairly dark, but not so much she couldn’t see the color that covered the room. The walls were white, but almost on every corner there were pictures. Immediately she recognized the person in every picture. It was Taehyung. It’s when she decided to take a better look at the hands keeping her from getting up.

She brought her eyes down to the navy blue soft blanket that covered her, but his hands remained uncovered. She knew it was him, because they were the hands that covered hers the little time they had together.

She hadn’t realized tears were streaming down her face as Taehyung stirred in his sleep warmly squeezing her just a bit more. “Minhye why are you crying?” he whispred, his voice soft and husky with sleep. Minhye couldn’t bring the words to say it because she didn’t know why herself. Instead she laid her head on his chest and squeezed her eyes shut, letting him hold her. When her voice came back she lifted her head slightly to look up into Taehyung’s big brown orbs. “I’m sorry.” She said her voice a low croak. Taehyung shook his head, “No I’m sorry none of this is your fault and I shouldn’t have taken everything out on you last time.”

“I’m glad you guys are okay. You are all okay right?” She sighed to which Taehyung nodded his head with a small smile spreading on his lips. “I’ll even tell you now, Baekhyun is doing way better than back at the hideout. That syringe you had did the job. His wound seems to be healing properly now.” He explained to Minhye, who sat up immediately after hearing the news. “Has he woken up yet? Well that’s good that he’s doing better.” Minhye half smiled wiping her tears away.

Taehyung shook his head, “Nope not yet, but you can go see him if you want.” Minhye nodded her head of course she wanted to see her friend just to make sure he was still alive like everyone said he was. “He’s up a little ways down the hall the first door to your left.” Taehyung said, he knew Minhye wanted to go on her own and he wanted to give her that space.

Minhye nodded her head and carefully got off the bed. Then she headed to where Taehyung told her. She was sore all over, but she didn’t care she wanted to see Baekhyun. To see him with her own eyes because after she left him the day before she didn’t know if he would make it or not.

Somehow she found the room Taehyung told her and as she entered her eyes landed on Baekhyun’s still body in bed. His breathing was normal, his chest rising and falling and she watched for that. Tears glistened in her eyes at the relief of seeing he was fine.

Slowly she made her way over to Baekhyun’s side, “Idiot.” She said, her voice a low whisper.

His skin was pale and he seemed to have lost weight since the last time she had seen him. This was when Minhye really started to hate the place she worked for because they did this to him.

“What are you doing?” a weak, croaky voice all at once interrupted her thoughts. “Baekhyun?!” she breathed shocked. “Yeah, can’t sleep with you making so much noise.” He smiled, his tired eyes staring up at Minhye. Minhye shook her head, “Baekhyun you had us all worried. You better not do that again or I swear next time I won’t let you off so easy.”

“Hm, don’t make me laugh it still hurts.” Baekhyun sighed, laughing slightly only to wince after. “Sorry. I mean it though.” Minhye said wiping her tears away. She felt horrible to see Baekhyun in his current condition, even as he talked she could hear how weak and fragile he was.

“I want you to get better soon.” Minhye thought because if anything Baekhyun had become her brother over the years and even more with what had happened.

“There’s something I should tell you. I mean it’s still confusing for me, but Kai’s here with us.” She said after a while trying to change the mood. “I thought so, I guess slowly they’ll come to us.” Baekhyun breathed as he closed his eyes. “Baekhyun what do you mean by that?!” Minhye questioned only she knew Baekhyun was still exhausted and it seemed he had fallen asleep at the moment.

“Ugh just like you to leave me hanging like that. What do you mean they’ll come to us? We’re they always with us all this time.” Minhye thought scrunching up her nose upset, but she relaxed her face soon after. She couldn’t get mad at him. “I guess Kai and everyone needs to start explaining.” Minhye said as she stood up from the bed and headed over to the door leaving Baekhyun alone to rest.

Minhye walked out of the room and headed back to the room she woke up in to find Taehyung sitting at the edge of the bed staring down at his hands. When he heard Minhye knock on the door frame he put his head up to take a good look at her. After a moment of silence he asked, “Everything okay?”

Minhye shook her head, “You’re right he is okay. He’s a fighter.”

“Then what’s wrong?” Taehyung asked confused, wondering what could be bothering her. “Something he said…”

“He woke up?!” Taehyung interrupted her getting up on his feet. “What is Kai doing here? Is he really with us now?” Minhye asked ignoring Taehyung’s question.

“We were never against you to begin with. This is all an act. Sehun though, I think…this all hit him hard. Something is really wrong with him. We can’t trust him at his current state of mind. He’s actually fulfilling your father’s orders. He’s murdering innocent people. If he does come through this he’s going to have some kind of mental break down…so even if we have to hide it from him we can’t let him find out. I know I’m getting far ahead of myself because we’re barely starting at this point. Minhye we’re still your friends.” Kai answered himself as he appeared in the hall way his arms crossed over his chest.

Minhye couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Was Kai really telling her the truth or was this just lies. She didn’t know if to trust him or not after what they put her through. She didn’t know what to believe and it was starting to mess with her sanity.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iYaPEDeS6VM/UeQp_UTId0I/AAAAAAAAE_c/wqMtTqtJmiY/s1600/decorative-line-divider1.jpg

A/N: Sorry I know I have taken ages to update been really busy. I give you this chapter sorry for it being short I'll try to make the next ones longer. Hope you guys enjoyed!! :D