EIGHT

Weak Point

http://miriyummy.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/line-divider.jpg

She didn’t know how long she had been running, but she had to stop, her legs were aching and every muscle in her body felt like it was dragging her down. As soon as she came to a stop her knees collapsed under her weight. Minhye let it out then as she sat there hugging her knees she cried her heart out.

“How did he know?” she asked herself and that’s when she heard her voice. It sounded different to her ears, and she realized she was thirsty, but she didn’t want any of it. Death had crossed her mind and maybe now after everything that had happened, she would accept it with open arms. What else did she have to live for anyway?

Her eyes were closed but even still she felt a presence. She didn’t care anymore if it was someone trying to kill her or just some person walking by. Then she heard footsteps coming towards her and whoever it was stopped right in front of her.

When she opened her eyes she could see his shoes right in front of her. Slowly she lifted her eyes up to see him. Instantly she recognized the person. “T-taehyung?” she stuttered confused. He nodded his head and bent down next to her. “I’m sorry.” He said his voice a low whisper, but for some reason it made Minhye cry more.

Taehyung lifted her in his arms and started moving in the dark. Minhye clutched onto his shirt, her mind unable to process what was happening. When it finally did register Taehyung had stopped moving, but Minhye was so tired. She couldn’t keep her eyes open and next she knew, she had fallen asleep.

“I’m sorry for being so mad earlier. I should have understood why you had to do it.” Taehyung whispered as he looked down at Minhye, who rested in his arms. He had been following her ever since their hideout burned out and even now he was out of breath. He found it pretty hard to keep up with Minhye when they ran.

A small part of him was afraid he would lose her because she kept running, but once they reached the park he knew she wasn’t running away she was just…running.

In that instant he had to forgive her because none of this was her doing. So for right now he believed her words. She was being truthful just like Jimin and Jungkook had told him.

Carefully he opened the door to his house the others already inside. “Oh. You found her. That’s good.” Kai sighed as the first one to greet Taehyung. Taehyung nodded his head as he walked over to the living room where everyone else waited, he was just as nervous as the others. They didn’t know whether to stay on their tiptoes or let their guard down. “I’ll go lay her down in my bed.” Taehyung said once his eyes landed on Rap Monsters. He could tell they wanted to talk, he had something important to say. “Go do that then and I’ll wait for you to comeback.” He said, they waited for this long so it wouldn’t hurt to wait a little longer.

Taehyung walked into the hallway turning to the left after the first room and headed upstairs. Once upstairs he headed straight to his room, his door already open and carefully he laid Minhye down on his bed.

After he covered her with a blanket, he pressed his lips into a firm line as he brushed Minhye’s hair out of her face. “I’ll be here when you wake up.” He whispered to no one in particular and as he pulled his hand back he saw something just under the blanket. Furrowing his brows a bit curious he leaned forward and picked the object up. “A syringe?” he thought. “Minhye must have had it. What’s it for?” he thought glancing over at Minhye.

“It could wait.” He sighed walking out of his room to head back downstairs, the syringe in his hands.

The others wore serious faces as he joined them. Rap Mon nodded his head once his eyes fell on Taehyung and he was ready to begin, but Kai’s eye’s fell on the syringe in Taehyung’s hand.

“What is that?” he asked before Rap Mon could say anything. “I found it with Minhye.” Taehyung said slightly shrugging his shoulders. Kai stood from his seat and immediately walked over to Taehyung. “This could help Baekhyun. That’s what it is. Oh thank you Minhye. Thank you.” he said taking the syringe out of Taehyung’s hands as he sprinted out of the living room and into the room Baekhyun was. He didn’t even wait to explain to the others, in a hurry to inject the liquid into Baekhyun.

Kai frowned at the site of Baekhyun because at the moment nobody knew if he would survive. He knew know though with this shot he had a higher possibility.

“What is that for?” Taehyung asked as he watched Kai inject the syringe into Baekhyun’s arm. “It’s a strong antibiotic and if Minhye had it, it should be even stronger. It should work as a pain reliever as well because I know nothing you guys were giving him was working. Taehyung nodded even though he would like to argue that it was, he knew it hadn’t.

“Come on let’s go back you’re leader has something to say and I want to explain our position.” Kai said after watching his friend lay in bed with no sign of waking up.

Taehyung nodded his head and followed Kai out of the room and back to the living room.

“Okay with no more interruptions. I have to let down some information on all of you and that includes our visitor here too.” Rap Mon announced as soon as he could see Kai and Taehyung appear in the hallway.

“What is it? What’s going on?” Jimin asked hearing the seriousness in Rap Mon’s voice. “With everything that has been going down we haven’t really been paying attention to the main event at the moment. I’m sure YOU’VE heard of the seasonal fair that comes around.” He said as he glanced at Kai, who nodded his head. “Well we’ve been following BAP’s big plan for it and with everything that’s happened they’ve used this as a distraction to set their plans in motion.” Rap Mon explained.

“No, but that’s impossible we were watching them for…that’s right we lost contact with them a couple days back.” Jungkook said snapping his fingers upset as he gathered his thoughts. “Why what are they planning?” Kai asked curious to know why they were all so concerned with that situation.

“More than half of the townspeople go to the fair festival. They’re planning on a huge massacre and they wanted us to be a part of it.” Rap Mon answered. Kai was shocked with the sudden news that he almost forgot he was going to explain where they stood at the moment themselves.

“Then we have to fine them fast since the festival is just around the corner. It’s happening this coming week.” Kai said glancing at all of them.

“And we are, but what do YOU mean by WE? We don’t really know whose side you really are?” Rap Mon continued, getting everyone to stare at Kai suspiciously.

“Okay let me explain. Most of my team or from the few that I know, okay just Kyungsoo and Luhan to be more specific are with Minhye. We couldn’t do anything before because we knew what the agency wanted to do with Baekhyun and Minhye. I know they’ve been as well as me now have been put on some sort of hit list including you guys. Kyungsoo and Luhan stayed behind because they still need to collect more information. The others I think have been brainwashed to follow the agency’s orders because they don’t reason with us like they used to.” Kai explained.

J-Hope furrowed his brows confused by what Kai had just said. “What are you saying then?” he asked. “I’m saying I’m on your side as well as two more, but they’ll come by later. When it’s safe. Like how if I didn’t leave when I did I wouldn’t have gotten to you guys on time to tell you guys to escape because of the explosion. Good thing we left without being seen. Kyungsoo is making sure they believe were dead before he decides to join us and Luhan said he was going to stay with them until we were out of the radar for good.”

“Oh, well this is going to be a little hard getting used to.” Jin sighed slouching down on his seat.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iYaPEDeS6VM/UeQp_UTId0I/AAAAAAAAE_c/wqMtTqtJmiY/s1600/decorative-line-divider1.jpg

A/N: Second update you all deserve it!! :)