FOUR

Weak Point
line-divider.jpg

 

“I knew it?” J-hope said clapping his hands together, earning him a smack on the shoulder by Suga. “What’s he talking about?” Minhye asked glancing from J-hope to Taehyung. “He had a feeling you had a thing for me.” Taehyung said as a matter-of-factly. Minhye’s jaw almost dropped, but for some reason Taehyung could sense it and before he could let her talk he continued. “He was wrong though because I had feelings for you. He never predicted that.” He covered wrapping his arm around Minhye’s shoulders. “Noo, no skinship here so no hugging.” Jungkook said pinching the bridge of his nose as he shook his head in a disappointed manner. Jimin laughed joined by Suga and Jin. “Ignore them. If you have any problems with anyone just come to me.” Jimin said as he gave her a small wink. “Hey Jimin she’s mine so hands off.” Taehyung said pushing her closer to him. “I’m just telling her if she needs help I’d be glad to help. We’re all friends here.” Jimin smiled cheekily. Minhye laughed as she shook her head at them. “Wow nothing at all what everyone says they are.” She thought. They were actually very comfortable to be around with and it confused her even more as to why her dad was hunting them down along with BAP.
 

Still BAP she could understand a little more since they had a little more bad stories under their belt, but these guys they had none. Nothing to tell her they had done anything bad in the past. They were all very homey and so far nice.

“Come on take a seat.” J-Hope said pulling her and Taehyung over to the big couch they had in the center of the room. Minhye watched them as they nudged each other’s shoulders and wiggled their eyebrows. “What?” Minhye asked as she looked from one of them to the other. “Well we wanted to know if you were hungry, you know so we get food or something.” Jin answered for everyone. Minhye nodded her head, “Sure I’ll get whatever you guys get.” She half smiled.

“Great. Jungkook and Jin can go get it.” Jimin said pushing the two out. “Why us?” both Jin and Jungkook said in unison. “Because you two are more responsible, come on you can’t trust Jimin or J-hope with money.” Rap Mon said. “Hey what’s that supposed to mean?” Jimin said crossing his arms as he turned to Rap Mon. “Yeah Jimin you get distracted easily. Very easily.” J-hope answered. “So you agree you’re not responsible either?” Jimin asked raising a brow at him. “Yeah…wait what no I don’t. You said me too? I am too responsible.” J-hope said and then both Jimin and him were arguing with Rap Mon. Minhye started laughing at the boys, Taehyung laughing with her. The three at once stopped arguing and turned to the two. “Whats so funny?” Jimin asked. “You three.” Minhye breathed covering trying to suppress her laughter. “Why?” the three asked in unison.

“Jin and Jungkook left already so theres no need to arguing.” Taehyung breathed as he stopped laughing, Minhye finally stopping herself.

“Oh well. Their right lets dance.” J-hope said as he ran into one of the rooms disappearing from their view. When he came back there was music playing in the distance and both him and Jimin got in front of Minhye. “Okay yeah we don’t really fight that much with each other. So you don’t have to worry about that.” Jimin said grinning as he scratched the back of his head. “But we’ve been practicing for the talent show and we’ll show you first.” Jimin continued as he got in line with J-hope. “How aren’t you all new? So how would you know about the talent show?” Minhye asked looking at the two. “We’ve been here for a while already remember.” J-hope laughed shaking his head then he got serious and both he and Jimin started dancing.

The both of them moved in sync and with such charisma and strong dancing moves, Minhye was moved. “So what do you think?” Jimin breathed when they came to a finish. “That was amazing. You guys can probably win the talent show.” Minhye said awed by their performance the image of the two funny guys erased with their performance, but the thought disappeared as fast as it had appeared.

Jimin went over to take a seat, but as he was going down to sit, Jin and Jungkook walked in. Jungkook spotted Jimin from a mile away and immediately went over to pull the seat back. Jimin fell to the floor, but he recovered quickly dancing on the floor. At once everyone in the room started laughing including Jimin. “Oh I should also mention Jimin likes to be a funny.” Taehyung whispered into Minhye’s ear. “That’s not true he’s the funny one between all of us.” Jimin yelled across the room. “What you heard that? I was whispering.” Taehyung said confused. Minhye started laughing, “Taehyung you weren’t whispering.”

“It’s because your distracting me.” he said embarrassed.

“Alright everybody lets go eat now.” Jin said tilting his head to a table that was at the far end of the living room. Everyone took their seat and Taehyung and Minhye sat together. Jungkook set up the plates then he took a seat next to Rap Mon. Everyone immediately dug into the food. Minhye watched them, trying to figure out what could be so bad about them. Still she only drew a blank.

Hesitantly she ate some of the food and once everyone was settled down full from what they had eaten, but still seated in the same spot. Minhye thought it would be a good chance to see if she could get something out of them.

“Could I ask you guys something?” She spoke up, putting her head down, not wanting to see the questions in their eyes. “Yeah whatever you want.” Rap Mon responded placing his crossed arms over the table as he looked closely at her. “I heard from some of the kids in school that you guys are misfits. Some even say you guys have killed.” Minhye said, she knew they were all lies, but she had heard something of the sorts in her agency. She knew there was a chance she would get her questions answered and finally be able to define them as bad or good.

The room got uncomfortably silent, everyone’s eyes were on Rap Mon who had put his head down. Then after a moment of silence Rap Mon put his head back up. “Don’t believe them. I’m-were not ready to tell anyone about that bit of our lives yet, just don’t make your mind up about us yet.” Rap Mon answered as he got up leaving the room.

Minhye felt bad all of a sudden for even asking now, never in her life had she ever felt like she made a mistake like right now. She put her head down looking down at her hands, Taehyung still holding onto one of her hands. She could hear the others walking out going after Rap Mon.

Taehyung put his hand under Minhye’s chin gently pulling her head up so she could look him in the eyes. “Minhye don’t feel bad. It isn’t anything that serious. Take it were like the Robin Hoods of every town we go to.” he said looking into Minhye’s watery eyes. “So don’t worry about Rap Mon. It’s just we’ve gone through some hard times and you hit home. Its okay.” he continued as he wiped away her tears with his thumb. Minhye nodded her head and as she did Taehyung gave her a small smile as he wrinkled his nose, “See now go back to being the happy Minhye I’ve fallen in love with.” He said pulling her into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. “Thank’s Tae.” Minhye mumbled into his chest. “Anything for my girl.” He said laying his head on the top of her head. Minhye giggled, gently slapping his shoulder. “Don’t be so cheesy.” She said pulling away from his embrace. “I know.” He sighed a smile playing on his lips.

After a while of just sitting there the two stood up from their spot. “So does this count as our first date?” Taehyung asked. “No. Our first date should be better than this.” Minhye smiled shaking her head. “Okay come on we should get going. Somebody needs to be home before they get in trouble.” Taehyung said as he went to the door. “No!...I mean I can go home on my own maybe on our actual first date I’ll let you, but not today. You know I don’t want you stocking me.” Minhye covered as she walked out into the dark the sunny day had now become a dark night.

“I can’t let you walk home alone in the dark.” Taehyung said crossing his arms. “Hey I’m pretty capable of taking care of myself actually. I’ve taken every fighting class there is. You know because my dad wanted me to be safe.” Minhye said shaking her head as she tried to get out of Taehyung taking her home. “Pfft really.” Taehyung huffed, Minhye raised her brow questioningly. “Maybe I should show him.” She thought.

“Here look try to put your hand on my shoulder.” Minhye said nodding her head so he would do it. Taehyung did as told, “Why you could…OW ow okay I get it. I guess you can, but here put my number down somewhere or if you have a phone save it in your contacts. Call me, text me whatever you want, but as long as you let me know you got home.” Taehyung said as he got a piece of note paper and a pen and scribbled his number down on it.

“Fine.” Minhye smiled, “Thank you and I’ll see you again tomorrow.” Minhye said and then she went off disappearing from Taehyung’s view.

After the days events she went home with a heavy heart. Minhye didn’t know what to do. She was still gathering information, but so far there was nothing bad. She hoped that questioning them she would get her answers, but if possible it left her even more puzzled. In a way though she was growing to trust Taehyung more than she ever wanted and what he had said about them being the robin hoods of the towns, she wanted to believe it, but things would get very complicated. Then to top things off she had to get rid of Taehyung, her subject, and his friends by the end of the mission so she was even more upset with the situation. She was starting to grow deeper feelings for Taehyung and she was afraid when time came she wasn’t going to be able to pull off her mission. Even his friends were earning a spot in her heart. She knew she wouldn’t be able to hurt them or Taehyung and she knew for sure she would earn her first failure, but like this it didn’t matter to her. She just didn’t know what would become of her.

She pouted as she let her eyes close that night. Surely she had a difficult time trying to force sleep on herself, but eventually it came.

She awoke to a cloudy day. Everything about it felt wrong, but even still she got ready for school. “I should be ecstatic I’m seeing Taehyung again.” She thought, but she couldn’t her thoughts still in her troubles still in her head.

They were there as a constant reminder of what she had to do to begin with.

When she stepped on to her school campus it was all the same, but as soon as her eyes landed on the front door a smile tugged on her lips. “You waited for me.” she said as she came up to him. Taehyung nodded his head, “Yup anything for you.” he said with a sheepish grin on his lips as they both walked in together, their hands laced together. “Thanks.” She said and as they reached her locker they came to a stop.

“You know now that we are actually making this a thing I think it’s okay to kiss in public.” Taehyung said as he bent down locking his lips with Minhye’s before she could say anything. “Hey not in school.” She breathed a smile apparent on her lips as she pulled away slightly. “We did it last time.” Taehyung said not letting her pull away.

Then Taehyung pulled away, “but I can’t give you everything now we have our first date today. So I’ll see you after school.” He said as he looked away as if he were going through his plans. At that point Minhye looked away slightly embarrassed by the growing blush on her cheeks and as she did her eyes locked on, DEATH.

Her brother stood at the end of the hall the expression on his face shock as well as Luhan, Kai and Chanyeol who stood behind him. Fear immediately replaced Minhye’s feelings. “I’ll see you in class.” She said barely able to speak as she left Taehyungs side and went over to where Sehun and the others were.

“What are you guys doing here?” she questioned. “We were here to help you.” Sehun said narrowing his eyes at her in disappointment. “Now we see why you were falling behind.” Kai scoffed stepping away from the scene and disappearing from where they came from. “NO! I can explain.” Minhye tried to defend herself. “You can’t do it here. We have a meeting today anyways.” Chanyeol said the smile he usually had gone, replaced by a very prominent frown. “Guys don’t be like this.” Minhye said tears on the brim of her eyes as she tried to hold their hands trying to stop them from leaving. “Minhye you did this to yourself.” Luhan said pulling his hand away leaving her there alone.

Sehun glanced at her opening his mouth as to say something, but changing his mind in the last minute eventually leaving her alone as well.

Minhye wasn’t able to hold on to herself anymore. She just couldn’t and she knew she wasn’t going to be able to go through today any better. Not even looking back she left running out of the school, out into the street and to the place she called home, under the bridge in the park. Sitting there in the dark she let the tears she was so afraid to let fall before spill.

She stayed there curled up into herself and she didn’t even know how much time had passed by, she might have even fallen asleep, but she didn’t remember. When her eyes opened it was dark out now. “It’s judgment time.” She breathed her tears dry now all she would ever cry gone. With heavy steps she made her way to the agency. Surprisingly enough it was empty, not even the front desk assistants were there and she could only suspect why.

When she reached the meeting room she could already here them talking behind the door. She was almost scared to, but she forced herself to open the door.

Inside she found them all, all twelve of the people she worked alongside of with the exception of her dad and a few others whom she didn’t recognize.

“Minhye when were you planning on telling us?” Her dad said as soon as she stepped into the center. “Tell you what?...” Minhye was saying unable to finish as she felt a sharp sting across her cheek. When she looked up her dad was rubbing his hand as he shook his head. “Tell us what?! Don’t act dumb Minhye. When were you planning on telling us that Baekhyun is the third brother of Taehyung? Did you think we would never find your notes and find out about Baekhyun? When were you planning on telling us that you broke the rules, that YOU actually have feelings for Taehyung.” He yelled, every word stinging her more than the pain on her cheek.

Even still she was not allowed to speak.

“You’ve betrayed us, Oh Minhye. You weren’t supposed to fall in love with Kim Taehyung. You failed us. And Byun Baekhyun, by being Jung Daehyun and Kim Taehyung’s half-brother, you must leave as well. GET OUT! THE BOTH OF YOU! NOW!”

Harsh words dripped from the CEO of EXO Organization. Minhye’s own father had just kicked her out of the family and her brother wasn’t even going to do anything about it. She looked at Sehun, her eyes pleading for help, but he payed no attention to her and looked away, hurt. He couldn’t believe that his own sister was betraying her own family.

But what was she supposed to do? What could she have done? There was nothing she could do to her heart. Her mind spoke one word, but her heart spoke another. Kim Taehyung had captured her heart, whether she, or anyone else, liked it or not. Feelings…were something beyond a person’s control. Falling in love with Kim Taehyung was something she couldn’t take back; it was something she didn’t plan on doing anyway. It just sort of just happened.

Heads hung low, the two best friends walked out of the office, and the building. They were no longer allowed to step foot in EXO; they were no longer allowed to talk to their friends as well. Life for the two had turned upside down, just because of fate; something they didn’t have a choice in.

“You’ll stay with me…right, Baekhyun?”

Minhye choked a sob, hoping he would say yes, but she was met with a cold silence. A hard cold silence that must have indicated no. Yet she took the chance and tore her eyes off the pavement to glance up at Baekhyun his expression unreadable and it hurt her even more because just maybe he hated her too.

Then she brought her head back down.

“Then, I guess…I’ll just g—“

Minhye paused unable to continue. Her thoughts jumbled up and it was taking her a long time to grasp the depths of the situation. She stared at the ground her vision becoming blurry from her tears. If she said she could handle losing her family or everyone she had ever thought she was close too, she was very wrong. She couldn’t handle it and it was tearing her heart apart. It made her forget about everything else, including Taehyung and his friends.

Lost in her miserable thoughts Minhye didn’t even notice Baekhyun’s change of behavior. He had been staring off into the distance with a blank stare, but it all changed within seconds. His face hardened as he lifted his hand taking Minhye’s in his. Then he proceeded by turning around heading the opposite direction from where they had been heading before. Minhye was surprised by his sudden action and her brows furrowed in confusion. Where could they possibly be going? She was definitely confused since his house was the other way and other than that nothing was, that she knew of, in the direction they were heading to now. Yet she followed reluctantly because she didn’t have anywhere else to go and right now she was willing to go anywhere.

Then even more that Baekhyun wasn’t leaving her behind. She would follow him anywhere because he was like her second brother and her best friend.

The shock of the moment hadn’t settled down yet and her heart still hurt. She couldn’t stop her tears from falling and she wanted to hear Baekhyun’s words. She wanted to know that he wasn’t just throwing her away, taking her to some dumpster and leaving her to rot because at the moment she felt like the rotting had already taken place.

“B-baek please talk to me…” Minhye mumbled through her soft cries, not even she could understand what she had said, but she hoped Baekhyun would have, yet he didn’t say a word. Instead she felt him tighten his grip around her wrist and that’s when she decided to stay silent. She didn’t know what to expect.

Baekhyun remained silent as they walked, silence looming around them. Minhye had forced herself to stop crying, but she refused to wipe her face. It was her little way of telling herself she could be strong through this.

They walked for a while until the silence around them had become more of a warm embrace from a hug. They walked until they’re feet ached yet they never stopped to take a break or to get something to drink. Then just as the sun had set down and the darkness of the night had settled in Baekhyun came to a sudden stop. Minhye almost bumped into him, but somehow she stopped just a few meters before she did.

Baekhyun turned around as he let go of her wrist and gripped both her shoulders. “Minnie, you have to be strong.” He ordered in a firm voice looking intensely into Minhye’s dead stares. “I’ve had a feeling. NO. I knew this was happening. I didn’t think they would do it to you too…” Baekhyun exclaimed, but he paused as new tears glistened in Minhye’s eyes.

Minhye almost fell to her knees, but Baekhyun held her up embracing her in a warm hug. “What’s wrong?” he asked a little worried. “I-I thought you gave up on me too…” Minhye mumbled through her cries. Baekhyun shook his head. “Minhye I would never give up on you. We’re friends and if the others were our friends they would have walked out with us too. You should know I would have gone with you even if they didn’t take me out.” Baekhyun said his voice soft and sincere and if he was in pain it didn’t show. Before Minhye could say anything more he continued. “Now Minhye listen to me. We are going through a dangerous path. I know you’re strong so you have to be even stronger even with everything that’s happening.” He exclaimed pulling her back so he could look her in the eyes. “Minhye the agency we worked for somehow…it got corrupted. It’s only a matter of time before they come after us. I had my suspicions after your dad joined hands with that mysterious man.” Baekhyun said.

Minhye’s brows furrowed in confusion with all the new information, “Baekhyun if you knew this, did you know that Taehyung was your half-brother? If you didn’t then why weren’t you surprised to find out?” Minhye asked looking closely at Baekhyun’s facial expression because if Baekhyun was right and what he was saying was true then who on this planet could she trust and should she really trust Baekhyun. She knew though that even if she didn’t have a choice she would trust him because that’s who she was.

Baekhyun put his head down, the look in his eyes lost and when he lifted his head up and gazed into Minhye’s eyes that’s when she saw it like a mirror reflecting the way she felt, the pain and torture shown in his eyes. “I didn’t. I don’t even remember that part of my life. My memories only go to a certain extent.” He said his hands shaking slightly as his grip on her shoulders loosened and his hands fell to his sides. Then his face hardened again hiding his emotions being the Baekhyun Minhye grew up to know. “Minnie I lost everyone that’s all I know and hearing about Taehyung doesn’t surprise me because I found something myself. I found a few papers stating so.” He said pausing slightly. “Minhye you guys were my family. Now you, your all I have.” He finished his eyes showing a glimmer of the pain he showed before then it was gone once more.

Minhye remained quiet taking it all in letting the silence settle in around them, they didn’t care that they were standing in the dark the light of the moon giving them enough light to see each other.

From the day they met, they were best friends. Today…Today wasn’t going to change their relationship. ‘Best Friends Forever’ was definitely the right words to describe their relationship and nothing would ever change that.

“Baekhyun your my only family now too, but…what-where are we going to go? If what you’re saying is true and we’re not safe.” Minhye asked her voice coming out meek and raspy as she looked up at Baekhyun. “I know it may not be much…but we can stay here.” He said pointing up at the building they were standing in front of. It was a two story house and even though it seemed lonely it was well kept. “Did you know-” “No.” Baekhyun responded, his tone firm and sure. “I got this before I ever moved into the dorms in the agency with Chanyeol. A friend has been keeping it well taken care of.” He said, slightly looking away as if hiding something. “Sorry. I just…I just wasn’t expecting this whole day to become so sour just like that.” Minhye let out a sigh as she wiped away at her tears, pressing her lips into a firm line as she nodded her head. “This place is fine. It’s better than nothing.” Minhye said.

“We have to stay in the down low in the meantime that means you can’t go to school anymore.” Baekhyun hesitated, but he got it out there. “No Baekhyun. Let me at least go tomorrow. You know out of everything I picked up from Taehyung and his friends…everything points to them being nice. What if we were the bad guys? What if we had been killing or arresting innocents?” Minhye said glancing around lost. Baekhyun shook his head, “No Minnie it’s only turned to this with your assignment. They wanted to get rid of Taehyung and his group to get Daehyun steamed. Have motive for BAP to come after them.”

“Baekhyun would it be crazy for me to say it’s time for a family reunion?” Minhye asked taking in what Baekhyun had just said. “What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked scratching his head. Minhye shook her head as she took his hand, “Come on let’s go inside I don’t feel safe standing out here anymore.” Minhye said ignoring Baekhyun’s question.

Baekhyun nodded his head and he led the way as they walked through the gate, locking it behind them. Then they headed down the path that lead to the front door. The lights lit up as Baekhyun was about to put the key through the keyhole and he immediately pulled his hand back as the door opened on its own. “I didn’t think you would come here so soon.” An old man in a black suit said, a warm smile on his lips at the sight of Baekhyun. “It’s all starting…Oh Minhye this is one of my dad’s old friends, Jang hyuk. He swore to watch over me when my dad…I forgot to mention he’s all I’ve got of family too.” Baekhyun said hesitating slightly. “What you kid? You forgot to mention me.” Jang Hyuk said smacking Baekhyun’s shoulder. “It slipped my mind, is all.” Baekhyun defended and after today’s events this moment lightened the dark day that today had become. Minhye found herself smiling at the two and despite everything she had gone through she was surprised she could smile again.

“Come on you two should go rest after the long day you two have had you deserve it.” Jang Hyuk said as he pushed baekhyun ahead in a caring manner. “I don’t know if I will go to sleep.” Minhye thought as she followed the two upstairs.

Jang Hyuk and Baekhyun showed Minhye to the room that would be hers now. Baekhyun went over to Minhye before he walked out and went to his own room and gave her a tight hug.

“I don’t know what they’re hiding, but we just need to be careful. You can’t do things on your own. Got that so I’ll be going with you to school tomorrow. Of course not with you, but you’ll know I’ll be around. I’m just as stealthy as you. We have to stay together and be ready for anything….who knows, we can be there next target.” He said and then he let go and walked out.

Minhye stood there for a while before she resigned to her bed, she was extremely exhausted and it didn’t even take seconds as soon as she laid down on the bed she was knocked out, sleep taking her away from everything.

Leaving tomorrow with a question…

decorative-line-divider1.jpg

A/N: I am sorry for taking so long to update, but I knew nothing would stop me from updating today and I made sure to try to make it a long chapter. I hope everyone enjoyed. Okay I'll leave you guys with that and I will work on the next update! ^^ See you guys then. Thank you everyone for being so patiend with me and still sticking with me for the story!! We will get through this :)