SIX

Weak Point

http://miriyummy.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/line-divider.jpg

The note she didn’t even realize she held in her hands. She knew it was from Baekhyun and almost instantly a smile spread on her lips.

                        Minhye I’m close behind. I just don’t plan on taking part in this school stuff.

                                                                                                Baekhyun.

A sigh of relief slipped her lips and she almost found herself laughing at the small note, but she stopped herself. She didn’t need the attention as school freak now. If people saw her laughing for no reason at all she knew passersby’s would turn her way. Quickly she composed herself and with one last shaky breath she headed inside to go through with her day.

She had one thing in mind as she walked onto the school campus and that was to look for Taehyung. She frowned when she saw he wasn’t in his usual spot on the rooftop. Minhye slowly made her way back to the main halls heading towards her locker. She was confused and puzzled as to where he could be and she wondered if she would find him in time or at least before the school day ended. She went to her locker to get some of her belongings. Just as she was closing her locker door she spotted him just around the corner.

He had seen her too, but he narrowed his eyes at her, looking very upset. Minhye couldn’t help, but feel a little hurt. “I can’t lose him too.” She thought. “But why…OH?! Nonononono. I totally forgot.” Her thoughts ran through her head wincing in disappointment that she forgot something very important from yesterday’s events.

She had forgotten their official date and so in other words she left Taehyung hanging while everything happened.

Minhye immediately shut the door to her locker and sprinted in the direction Taehyung had left. He was heading to the rooftop from where she just came from, but still she couldn’t make herself reach him in time. She barely made it to the door as it was closing at the top of the stairs, but they were pushing it. Trying to keep her from going out. “Please! Let me explain!” she yelled trying to reach them, trying to let them hear her out because she trusted him and his friends. Therefore she had made the decision last night that they only deserved to know the truth.

For a moment the struggle between them ceased. No one pushing or trying to close the door. Minhye’s eyes fell to the ground tears threatening to spill from her eyes, but she was going to stay strong. “Taehyung…please…” she paused biting her lower lip before she continued, “…I haven’t been entirely honest with all of you and…I think it’s only fair we let you in. Please…I didn’t forget…I didn’t mean to hurt you. Something happened to me yesterday and…and…”

“That’s enough.” Rap Monster yelled slamming the door open, taking Minhye’s arm tightly in his. He turned around and dragged her to the side of the building and Minhye let him. She let him because if her plan failed she didn’t know what else to do. “Wait!” Taehyung yelled stepping in taking a long look at Minhye’s face. He could see her skin was slightly pale, her eyes a little red and puffy and even though they were barely visible she had dark circles under her eyes.

Rap monster pulled her away slightly as everyone turned to Taehyung. Taehyung stepped towards Minhye. “What exactly happened to you yesterday then?” he asked looking a bit confused. “I don’t want to tell you guys here, could we maybe…go to your hide out. I’d feel safer and I’ll tell you everything, but I’m not coming alone just one more person.” Minhye explained and she only looked into Taehyung’s eyes nobody else’s. She didn’t have to.

They all looked at each other as if talking within their minds before they turned to Minhye. “Fine, but no funny business. We can take you down if you try anything.” Rap Mon said and that’s when Minhye knew she had lost even their trust, it broke her to pieces, but even still she nodded her head. “Okay then let’s forget about school now and you guys just head over there.” Minhye said trying to make her voice sound as normal as ever, but she could hear it. She just hoped she didn’t sound as weak and puny as it sounded to her.

Rap monster glared at her waiting for his friends to leave before he let go of her arm and left with them. Minhye paused before staring after them as they left. “Baekhyun if you really are following me then you know now this is why I wanted to come. You have to trust me on this and just follow me to their secret hide out…” She said outloud, glancing around her trying to see where Baekhyun could be. “…What am I doing talking to no one?” She thought shaking her head and then she left to where she would meet Taehyung and his friends.

She felt nervous and what not, but she knew what was happening and she just wanted to help because right now her ex agency was after all of their heads, DEATH. Already the sun was setting down when she made it to the spot. The day had passed by so quickly either that or because she had been stalling quite a bit. She hadn’t been able to locate Baekhyun and she wasn’t sure if he was like he said around. She hoped he had followed her to the spot because he was part of her truth at the moment and she really needed him.

None the less it didn’t stop her from not showing up and when she arrived at the door it swung open without her even giving the slightest knock. Rap Monster had opened the door, everyone else standing behind him. “You can tell us from there. No need for you to come in.” Suga said, nodding his head slightly. Minhye nodded understanding the situation and decided this was all she was going to get from now on even Taehyung who she had gotten close to. They were all back to step one.

“Okay.” Minhye sighed silently as she put her head down going with how she had practiced earlier. Then she raised it as she looked Rap Mon in the eyes. “I’m Oh Minhye and I used to work for the EXO Organization…” Minhye could see their shocked faces, but she put her hand up to stop them from interrupting her, “…I had been assigned to collect Intel from you on BAP and then to terminate you all. They said you were all a danger to our community and therefore a threat to the people…”

“Everything was a lie then?!” Taehyung exclaimed shocked, interrupting Minhye midsentence. “Let me finish.” Minhye said sternly never taking her eyes from Rap Mon afraid to see the hurt in the other’s faces. Once it was quiet she continued, “I didn’t plan on it, but I…I fell in love with Taehyung and you guys aren’t the monsters they say you are. So I wasn’t planning on going through with my mission. Then yesterday they came to school my brother and some of the agents…they said they were going to help follow through with it, but they saw us. They saw me and Taehyung together…they found me to be a liability to the mission. Even more that I was withholding information from them. So…”

“In tern we were both terminated.” Baekhyun said coming up from behind Minhye, appearing from the dark. Minhye was relieved to hear his familiar voice, to find out that he was still doing fine. She hadn’t even realized that she had been crying until she turned around to hug him.

“Who is he?” Jungkook exclaimed a little cautious but he didn’t feel the need to put up his guard he believed Minhye. “Baekhyun?” Taehyung said his eyes glued on the stranger before them. Baekhyun nodded his head as he took his eyes from Minhye to look at the others. “How’d you…”

“I was following Minhye and so were others. Reason why I didn’t come sooner.” Baekhyun explained wincing slightly. Minhye pulled away from him and took one long look at him as did the others. He looked slightly worse than before. Pespiration on his forhead and when she was hugging him she could feel his warmth when it was freezing outside. “Are you hurt or…”

“No I’m fine Minhye.” He interrupted her. “Come on the both of you come in.” Rap Mon said moving out of the way as did the others. Baekhyun and Minhye nodded their heads and then they walked in. Once inside Rap Mon closed the door and turned around to face them. Minhye had stepped back from Baekhyun staring into his eyes as she spoke. “Baekhyun, are you really okay?” Minhye asked him and she saw it even before he answered her question. The hesitation in his eyes. “I’m…”

“No you’re not so don’t even. What’s wrong?” Minhye interrupted him stepping towards him looking for anything he could possibly have. Baekhyun shut his eyes and winced as he staggered back slightly. I guess now that the truth was out there was no point in keeping his act. Taehyung immediately went over to Baekhyun’s side to help him.

Baekhyun felt the others hand on his arm and turned to see who it was. When their eyes locked, Taehyung gave him a small smile of reassurance and helped him over to the couch. “She’s right so spill it.” Taehyung said as he pulled away to stand next to Minhye.

All eyes were on Baekhyun and he had no choice, but to be honest. Baekhyun turned away as he started ing his coat jacket. “They didn’t give us a chance to collect our belongings so I’ve been without my antibiotics for days now.” Baekhyun sighed as he took off his coat revealing the bloody bandage on his arm. “What do you mean for days? It just happened…”

Baekhyun shook his head, “They were already keeping me out. They just let me out with you yesterday. They said they were doing an annual sweep in my room. It was all lies. I believe they found something on me before you did and they were looking for something.”

“Baekhyun you should have said something…” Minhye frowned shaking her head in disappointment. “It wouldn’t have done anything.” He sighed laying back against the couch. “Is that why you didn’t sleep?” Minhye questioned taking a seat next to him carefully taking his hurt arm in hers. She wanted to inspect his wound because it should have stopped bleeding by now or at least gotten better. Baekhyun winced, “Don’t Minnie…” he mumbled already his eyes flipping to the back of his head. “He’s burning up, what exactly…” Jimin said his hand resting on Baekhyun’s forehead and then his eyes fell on his injury. “That’s not healing so well. It looks infected.” He said, the others staring in horror at the wound.

“Okay J-hope, Jin help me carry him to Taehyung’s room. We have our first aid there and we might have something to help.” Rap Mon said. Both J-hope and Jin nodded and at once they were on it. The others watched as they disappeared down the hall.

Minhye wiped away her tears as she went over to Taehyung. She wanted to make sure they were still okay even if it was a foolish thing to ask of him after everything she did. She pursed her lips as she placed her hand on his arm and before she could utter a single word he pulled away. “I believe you. It’s just…I need time and I don’t know if I should forgive you for lying to me.” Taehyung said and then he walked into the hallway leaving to catch up with the others.

“If he doesn’t want you I’ll take you.” Jimin smiled waving his eyebrows as he opened his arms for her. Minhye looked up at him furrowing her brows confused at his reaction. “I’ll be honest I could see right through you from the start that and Jungkook told me too.” Jimin said both him and Jungkook high fiving each other. “What do you mean?” Minhye questioned as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Well I had seen you in one of my old schools before.” Jimin replied. “I on the other hand figured it all out after Jimin told me that bit.” Jungkook said with a smug smile. “What did he tell you?” Minhye asked wondering what they had talked about behind her back. “Oh I just told Jungkook nobody else knew. Well when we went to the same school you went by some other name, it was…Choi Minhye. Then you just disappeared one day.” Jimin said. “That’s how I pieced everything together. They don’t call me the brains for nothing. I did my research you’ve been to five different schools with five different last names that’s including this school too. Then in those school’s someone would get arrested or expelled and then you would disappear.” Jungkook finished.

“So what tells you guys to trust me?” Minhye said biting her lip slightly hesitant and nervous to hear their answer. “It’s easy we Jimin and I can read people and off the bat you really were yourself. Except you lied in some spots.” Jungkook said in thought as he rubbed the bottom of his chin. “Yeah, but now that we know who you really are it just puts everything together. You weren’t the bad one it was your job. So we forgive you.” Jimin said with a cheeky smile opening his arms for a hug. Minhye stared at Jimin for a while then she turned to Jungkook. He shrugged his shoulders, “He just feels bad for you. You know with your agency and Taehyung.”

“Oh and that isn’t even the best part. The boss was my dad and he didn’t just kick me out. It was my brother too.” Minhye sighed putting her head down. Jimin didn’t wait for her to come up to him and instead he closed in between them and hugged her. Then Jungkook surprised the both of them by hugging the both of them. “Taehyung will come around.” Jungkook added after a moment of silence. “Yeah, I bet he’s just a little upset that you kept that you knew his brother.” Jimin said with a small smile.

“Thanks you guys. Now I just hope…”

“I know, but if he’s anything like Taehyung. He’ll be just fine you’ll see.” Jungkook interrupted saying what needed to be said.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iYaPEDeS6VM/UeQp_UTId0I/AAAAAAAAE_c/wqMtTqtJmiY/s1600/decorative-line-divider1.jpg